Author Topic: Janu  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
Janu
« on: April 13, 2005, 03:52:22 AM »
Is everyone else as sick of Janu cryin week after week after week like I am.  If she outlasts Sexy Steph I'll be so annoyed. ]*]
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
Re: Janu
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 12:04:56 PM »
I am so tired of her.  If she doesnt think that she can do this anymore. Then go home or asked to be voted off.  Just my 2cents
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 02:21:38 PM »
I only saw her  crying once. Just because she decided to act like Katie, doesn't mean she is whining every minute. I see Coby complaining more.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 07:20:50 PM »
she is acting like she doesnt want to be ther anymore.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 06:38:32 PM »
I really liked Janu pre-show, and the first episode.  BUt we have seen this before.  After a few days, she is spent and can really contribute little and not compete much.

Maybe they will finally let her go, although, I believe it is NOT her style to actually QUIT.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 11:32:26 AM »
On TES, Coby said she had been sick since about Day 4, so I think all her reserves are pretty much deleted.  Too bad.  Shows stamina to keep going when you're so sick.  She actually could have quit any time, but she didn't.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 11:36:49 AM »
I dont think she wants to be known as a "Quitter" instead she will wait to be voted off.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 07:34:31 PM »
Jenu- should be gine by now... I am not sure why they would ever keep her around... Her and Kobe both! I can see why they voted him off first.. Jenu is no physical threat, where Kobe (the feminist) may have been.
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 10:03:31 PM »
Why wouldn't they keep Janu around longer? She has no power and they can use her. I guess her little blowup this week at Katie is her ticket out.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 01:02:49 PM »
I am curiuos...why the did not get rid of her and keep WIllard, since she was sick.

But sick or not she stepped up at the challanges and tried hard...how many challenges did katie actually do?

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 10:11:49 AM »
Posted on another board, this explains how Janu was "aided" in her decision to "lay down her torch" and remain in the game.

Probst had ‘Survivor’ stop cameras - Janu says she wasn’t coerced into quitting show
SOURCE: MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - Quitters never win, but if they make it far enough on “Survivor,” they get to be on the jury.

Janu Tornell, 39, became the fourth person in “Survivor” history to quit the competition, but she’ll still help decide the winner of the $1 million prize as a member of the nine-person jury — a heated issue the tribal council cameras didn’t capture.

“It wasn’t to save Stephenie (LaGrossa) in the game,” Tornell told The Associated Press Friday. “It ended up like that. At the same time, it was almost like a power play because I threw a wrench into their game.”

The former Las Vegas showgirl said host Jeff Probst didn’t coerce her into departing “Survivor: Palau,” although it may have seemed otherwise.

“He aided me,” said Tornell. “I was at the point where I thought, ‘I want to go, but I don’t want to jeopardize being part of the jury.’ I was still battling with ‘quitter.’ I hate that word. But I did it. I laid down my torch. No regrets whatsoever.”

Viewers didn’t see Tornell’s concern about whether she would be on the jury if she quit the CBS reality show. After going back and forth for several hours, Tornell said Probst asked for a break in the filming.

“The cameras stopped,” said Tornell. “Tribal council got really heated. You guys didn’t even get any part of that. (Probst) goes, ‘This is off the record. What’s going on, Janu? What are you worried about?’ And I said, ‘Basically, I don’t want to lose my place in the jury. I don’t know where this takes me.”

Tornell said Probst left the tribal council area and consulted with producers. (The three players who quit “Survivor” in previous seasons departed before juries were formed.)

“It was all a new drama situation for everybody involved,” said Tornell.

Probst returned and assured Tornell that she wouldn’t forfeit her place on the jury by quitting. The cameras started back up, and Tornell did just that.

Now, as a jury member, she’ll be on the lookout for the player “who I thought played the game the best.”

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 10:28:59 AM »
Thanks Richard ,would love to have been a fly on a log at that TC, “Tribal council got really heated".

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 02:00:28 PM »
Thanks rmax! I was wondering why Janu was struggling with the decision.