Author Topic: S10 EP 10 title "Exile Island"  (Read 20354 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S10 EP 10 title "Exile Island"
« on: April 06, 2005, 03:15:52 PM »
 Survivor: Palau
Episode 10
"Exile Island"
April 21, 8 p.m. ET
CBS 

Thanks to HaroldBalzaccio as posted on Sucks

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: S10 EP 10 title "Exile Island"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:23:23 PM »
You think after they spent the money to build them a shelter that they would move them to a new island?  Or do you think this means first jury memeber goes to a special island

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 05:26:21 PM »
First Juror maybe?

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 02:37:40 AM »
If there is no merge, wouldn't this make the second week Steph is alone? Unless, Ulong wins this weeks (ep 8) IC.  *(^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:42:51 AM by 'keeta »
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 07:02:31 PM »
Forget it...they've gotta merge by then...doncha think!?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 12:29:26 PM by Magiiila »
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 08:51:04 PM »
I hope so Swanee think of the CBS Fantasy sitout  minus points  ^/^ .. So CBS webmonkeys listen to me .. ]*]Swanee needs to win the truck   ]#*

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 11:03:32 AM »
Hope they hear ya, puddin'....but I think my bud, DeWayne (aka ddr) is gonna win it this time.  And you know what kills me?  He's gonna SELL IT to pay bills!!!! ]:,

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 11:17:17 AM »
I think that they will have Steph do some alone time with her 1 woman tribe, and then merge.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 08:47:21 PM »
EXILE:
Enforced removal from one's native country.
Self-imposed absence from one's country.
The condition or a period of living away from one's native country.
One who lives away from one's native country, whether because of expulsion or voluntary absence.

Maybe this is something someone says to describe getting voted out. *(^

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 05:15:54 PM »
or a reference to a challenge? seems an odd title thios far into the game.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 09:39:54 PM »
Who knows anymore?
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 01:47:40 PM »
 *(^ 

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 02:08:43 PM »
What if they don't merge until this week and have to live at a third camp site?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S10 EP 10 title "Exile Island" Survivor: Palau Episode 10 Promo
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 08:18:48 PM »
Thanks to Survivor Fever , larger thumbnails here

VoiceOver

JP:  Next time on Survivor...

Janu:  What are we, junior high Katie?

JP:  ...Janu reaches her breaking point.

Janu:  If I had something to say about you I swear to God I'd come up and say it to your face.

JP:  A reward to remember.

JP:  And the tribe can't believe their ears.

JP: <speaking to tribe at challenge>  The first person to bail will be abandoned to live on your own.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 12:33:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 01:24:39 AM »

Spoiler , putting it here so that it doesn't get lost in the message board

..Credits to Klick @ Blows for the lead
and Slitter @ Survivor Addict

Both Teams....{ this challenge should be for EP10}    `/~

I blew up  the challenge..still hard to read

Don't know Keeta..Spec that they split 4/4 for the challenge only..by the way we can see Janu's arm
  thanks to VG @ survivorphoenix
and maybe Ians head or Caryns ..so we may know whos on whos team . Ian /Tom/Gregg/Janu  and Steph/ Katie/Caryn/Jenn on the other .. just spec for now  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 10:06:35 AM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 09:07:54 AM »
Should be interesting if Steph and jenn & katie are on the same team...could start the conflict ~~ steph is a competitor and the others are just there.  They have not had to compete.  Come on ~ Tina was on that pole for 12 hours in S2...they made it 1 hour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 09:38:16 AM »
I was thinking about the " the first person to fall will be abandoned to live on there own Island   , does this mean they are safe from TC  ]][ ? LOL, if so I would fall first..really I have no idea I'm just wondering how this will work?

Webteasers~
An unexpected performance by a tribemate during a Challenge results in a victory for the team.

One castaway confronts her tribe, leaving everyone feeling uncomfortable and leaving her feeling alienated.

A twist at a Challenge brings very bad news for one Survivor.

In danger of going on the chopping block, a Survivor makes a heartfelt plea not to be voted off. Will this plea fall on deaf ears?

An unexpected performance by a tribemate during a Challenge results in a victory for the team.
unexpected, all that comes to mind right now is Janu.

One castaway confronts her tribe, leaving everyone feeling uncomfortable and leaving her feeling alienated.
Janu

A twist at a Challenge brings very bad news for one Survivor.
" Exile Island"

In danger of going on the chopping block, a Survivor makes a heartfelt plea not to be voted off. Will this plea fall on deaf ears?
?? I don't think this is Janu did she change her mind .. maybe Steph , who else is in danger  ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 10:16:14 AM »
Bianca Spoiler
biancaxxx
(4/14/05 12:48 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Compilation of actual spoilers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 There is a transcript of the radio program I heard it on here

Here is the part that mentions the spoiler:

"DELEMEL: I'm sure they will because we exposed the production team to some cultural practices, and they filmed those.

For example, one of the prizes called for a feast, a local feast with the chiefs. And that was done for them. So the contestants had the opportunity to enjoy a traditional feast and have one of the chiefs talk to them about Palau's culture, about Palau's history and the significance of the dances and the chants, the traditional chants and dances. "   

Will we see Betel -Nut?
Mersaydeez

There is also supposed to be some beetle nut in the future. I've tried to do research on that stuff but didn't come up with much.

I looked up both "betelnut" and "betel nut", found this http://moodfoods.com/betelnut/

" Effects of Betel nut chewing on the central and autonomic nervous systems
by
Chu NS.
Department of Neurology,
Chang Gung Medical College
and Memorial Hospital,
Taipei, Taiwan, ROC.
chu060@adm.cgmh.org.tw
J Biomed Sci 2001 May-Jun;8(3):229-36

ABSTRACT

Betel chewing has been claimed to produce a sense of well-being, euphoria, heightened alertness, sweating, salivation, a hot sensation in the body and increased capacity to work. Betel chewing also leads to habituation, addiction and withdrawal. However, the mechanisms underlying these effects remain poorly understood. Arecoline, the major alkaloid of Areca nut, has been extensively studied, and several effects of betel chewing are thought to be related to the actions of this parasympathomimetic constituent. However, betel chewing may produce complex reactions and interactions. In the presence of lime, arecoline and guvacoline in Areca nut are hydrolyzed into arecaidine and guvacine, respectively, which are strong inhibitors of GABA uptake. Piper betle flower or leaf contains aromatic phenolic compounds which have been found to stimulate the release of catecholamines in vitro. Thus, betel chewing may affect parasympathetic, GABAnergic and sympathetic functions. Betel chewing produces an increase in heart rate, blood pressure, sweating and body temperature. In addition, EEG shows widespread cortical desynchronization indicating a state of arousal. In autonomic function tests, both the sympathetic skin response and RR interval variation are affected. Betel chewing also increases plasma concentrations of norepinephrine and epinephrine. These results suggest that betel chewing mainly affects the central and autonomic nervous systems. Future studies should investigate both the acute and chronic effects of betel chewing. Such studies may further elucidate the psychoactive mechanisms responsible for the undiminished popularity of betel chewing since antiquity. "

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 11:42:13 AM »
Just a thought..( when I vacumn things come to me , lol ) what about this , theres been a rumor going around that Janu steps down or quits at TC  , something ghostly . We know that shes afraid to be alone . What if she loses the IC endurance  whatever and falls first .. scenario " the first one that falls will be abandoned to an island" say Janu falls first and then Jeff says after the IC we go to TC and then Janu goes to Exile Island ..at TC she quits because she is afraid ! What do you think  8-)' ? ..ok back to my vacumn ... :<(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 12:26:41 PM »
I pulled these over from MessHall

This weeks TC ? Jenns clothes change . From EP10 preview

We see Steph is here behind Janu
EP9 TC~ Jenn has a pink shirt on and Gregg has his buff around his neck .

Whos not wearing the IC , Katie /Janu/Jenn/ Gregg /Caryn /Steph
That leaves Ian or Tom or  to win IC .. I'll go with Tom for now  ;;)  also since we do see everyone then that probably does mean the the " exiled person" does attend TC ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Promo is UP
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 01:08:35 PM »
Promo is up !!

VO: Last week Stephenie was rescued

But Survivor Thursday ..are her new tribemates plotting against her?

Jenn:she needs to go ( recycled from EP9)

Ian: I'm really gonna miss her

Steph: I'm really nervous

VO: Plus Two challenges that will push these castaways to the limit

Male  Voice Ian Tom ? not sure: its mind over matter

( Ian blowing bubbles)

VO: the winner gets immunity

VO: But in a Survivor First ..The loser will be Exiled 

Jeff: You will be taken to  a deserted Island to live on your own

Gregg & ??

VO: Dont miss a Stunning new Survivor CBS Thursday 

Ian/Steph/Katie/Jenn? working together Jenns skirt ? , So that is Caryns head in the TV guide Vidcap

Tom/Gregg/Janu/ Caryn working together

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 01:20:33 PM by puddin »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 01:47:33 PM »
Just a thought..( when I vacumn things come to me , lol ) what about this , theres been a rumor going around that Janu steps down or quits at TC  , something ghostly . What if she loses the IC endurance  whatever and falls first .. scenario " the first one that falls will be abandoned to an island" say Janu falls first and then Jeff says after the IC we go to TC and then Janu goes to Exile Island ..at TC she quits because she is afraid ! What do you think ?

I was thinking about the " the first person to fall will be abandoned to live on there own Island   , does this mean they are safe from TC  ]][ ? LOL, if so I would fall first..really I have no idea I'm just wondering how this will work?

What if is it is a trick challenge? I was thinking this last night. What if first one out gets immunity?  Why wouldn't Janu just give up immunity?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 04:13:49 PM »
Whos not wearing the IC , Katie /Janu/Jenn/ Gregg /Caryn /Steph

How do you know Caryn is not wearing the neckalace?  she is behind Jenn...not realy clear shot of her

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2005, 05:15:19 PM »
Next Week's Immunity Revealed in Last Night's Episode
2005-04-15 (SNN) - An astute viewer from Survivor Sucks observed a hidden spoiler in Episode 9 footage revealing who will win Immunity in Episode 10. (this article contains spoilers)

Next Week's Immunity Revealed in Last Night's Episode
An astute viewer from Survivor Sucks observed a hidden spoiler in Episode 9 footage revealing who will win Immunity in Episode 10. (this article contains spoilers)
SNN
Friday, April 15, 2005

Sucks user "tutorial" posted this morning that Jenn's hair and clothing during the scene where they are marching to tribal council did not match that in the tribal council itself. Below are two frames from the Episode 9 show verifying these conclusions.

Because the times are clearly different, and everyone from Episode 9 except Coby (now booted) is accounted for in Scene 1, it must therefore actually be from Episode 10 (save [1] the theoretical possibility that nobody is eliminated in E10, which I can say is false anyhow, or [2] really tricky digital manipulation).

If you can't see what I'm talking about in the above pics, the animation below will help you see it even more clearly -- in addition to Tom wearing the actual Immunity Necklace around his neck.

Animation: Walk to TC HERE at SNN
So... how and why did this happen?

One theory is that it was a slip up. Like someone labeled the tape incorrectly, or the editor simply wasn't aware or didn't care either way when he decided to insert future footage into the current episode? That doesn't exactly pass the straight face test.

Mangling the purity of the reality timeline has happened many times before, starting in Season 1. See for example Evidence Rotu Had a Tribal Council from Season 4. If these were in fact top secret mistakes, that seem to happen consistently, there are only so many times the producers of a show 20 million people watch would continue to allow that (but admittedly it's easy to overestimate competence).

More likely the scene above revealing Tom's future Immunity was intentional. Why? Well, aside from getting us to talk about it, one reason would be to underscore Stephenie's vulnerability in Episode 10. The powers that be ceratinly want that impression from the web preview itself:

Last week, Stephenie was rescued.... but Survivor Thursday, are her new tribemates plotting against her? blah blah blah

And then after she survives Episode 10 despite not having immunity (which will in fact play out), heighten her standing as a dark horse, and maybe even go all the way to the end!

Whatever.

one I made

« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 05:27:13 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2005, 05:40:50 PM »
A few new Vidcaps from Survivor Fever, more here