Author Topic: American Idol Finalist's Violence Rap  (Read 3980 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
American Idol Finalist's Violence Rap
« on: April 01, 2005, 01:07:01 AM »

American Idol Finalist's Violence Rap
Cops: Scott Savol roughed up ex-girlfriend during domestic dispute
MARCH 31--An "American Idol" finalist was once arrested for felony domestic violence after roughing up his infant son's mother during a Valentine's Day fracas, The Smoking Gun has learned. According to police, 28-year-old Scott Savol, one of the remaining nine "Idol" contestants, was busted following a February 2001 confrontation with Michele Martin at the woman's Ohio home. A Shaker Heights Police Department report notes that the unmarried couple had decided to "split up their living arrangement," with Savol scheduled to move his belongings out of Martin's mother's home, where the duo lived with their three-week-old son Brandon. But when Savol and his brother arrived at Martin's home, an argument ensued, with Savol calling Martin "several vulgar names." He then grabbed the woman's hand and pulled an engagement ring off her finger and "stated he was also going to take their son," cops reported. When Savol "grabbed the baby," Martin "stopped him from taking the child by telling [Savol] that she was going to call 911." At that point, according to the police report, Savol shoved Martin, pulled a phone from her hand, and then threw it at Martin, striking her in the chest. "This caused the phone to break," the report notes. Savol and his brother then left the residence. When officers arrived at her home, Martin told them that Savol had "made verbal threats to her in the past by telling her to 'watch her back.'" Martin, then 21, initially said she did not want Savol to be prosecuted, but rather sought a "restraining order on him." The following day, however, she signed a warrant for his arrest. Savol eventually took a plea to a reduced misdemeanor disorderly conduct rap and was fined $500, placed on a year's probation, ordered to complete a domestic violence or anger management program, and sentenced to a suspended 20-day jail term. At a July 2001 sentencing hearing, Municipal Court Judge K.J. Montgomery also extended a temporary protective order (issued at Martin's request for her and the baby) through July 2002. Savol's rap sheet also includes a "no contest" plea to a 1995 misdemeanor trespass charge. He was arrested for entering Shaker Heights High School after being "warned both verbally and by letter" to stay out of the building. In a Q&A on the official "Idol" web site, Savol stated that his son's birth was the proudest moment of his life and that a personal goal was "to make sure my son doesn't have to struggle in life as I did." As for a "most embarrassing moment," Savol answered, "I don't have any." ( more here 6 pages)
link~
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0331051_american_idol_scott_1.html

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: American Idol Finalist's Violence Rap
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 03:23:07 AM »
I really hate this for Scott!!! I have not been a very big Scott fan, but this kind of negative publicity could be disasterous for him!!!  |(

The AI muckaty-mucks might pull a "Corey Clark" and throw him out!!! At the very least, I see him losing a lot of his fanbase. But I think a lot of his voters were anti-AI in nature, so strangely enough it could help him there.

My prediction is that he will bite the dust one way or the other next Wednesday!!!  *(^

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 12:14:38 PM »
USA Today

Arrest won't cost 'Idol' finalist
From staff reports

Scott Savol, one of the remaining nine finalists on American Idol, was once arrested for domestic violence, but the Fox network said the arrest won't cost Savol his shot at becoming an Idol.

Savol, 28, one of nine remaining Idol finalists, was arrested following a 2001 altercation with the mother of his then-infant son.   

Although several past contestants have been booted for not disclosing arrests, Savol was "forthcoming to the American Idol producers and the network regarding his misdemeanor" and "the situation did not warrant his disqualification," Fox said in a statement Thursday.

Ohio police documents posted on The Smoking Gun Web site said Savol, now 28, had a confrontation with Michele Martin, the mother of his son, in February 2001. According to a Shaker Heights Police Department report, the couple had decided to separate, but when Savol arrived at Martin's mother's home to collect his belongings, he called Martin "several vulgar names," "pulled an engagement ring off her finger" and "stated he was also going to take their son."

When Martin threatened to call police, Savol shoved her, pulled the phone from her hand and then threw it at her, striking her in the chest and causing the phone to break, the police report said.

Savol pleaded to a reduced misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge, was fined $500, ordered to complete an anger management or domestic violence program, placed on a year's probation and sentenced to a suspended 20-day jail term, according to the Web site.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 05:03:13 PM »
Like Corey Clark in season 2, He was kicked out the show.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 05:35:24 PM »
I knew he looked like a criminal! LOL

Rob

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 10:22:34 PM »
Ok, sd I am not, like any type of AI fan, but interestingly enough, as puddin and several others know I am from Ohio, Youngstown to be more spedific. That's not the interesting part. The interesting part is that I am acquainted with Scott's cousins from Columbiana, OH.  They are a good, law-abiding family and seem to think well of him.  I am willing to go out on a limb and say that this incident could very well have been an out of character moment for him. Anyone who has been through a break-up knows that you someties do stupid things when your heart is breaking. It is just sad that he is on a talent show, because that is all that AI is, and his whole life has to be dragged out into the open like this. It's been over 4 years, with no further trouble. Does it REALLY need to be dragged out into the open again?

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 07:23:28 AM »
 ((^rob!!  i agree!!  i have voted him off every week!! ]][  maybe this week!! }^!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 08:08:55 AM »
Irelen ...... I agree with what you are saying, and said a lot of that in an earlier post. Unfortunately for Scott, most reality fans are an unforgiving, cast the first stone bunch!!! I doubt seriously that he will be able to survive this negative publicity, no matter how long ago it's been, and how isolated an incident it was!!!  :-\

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 12:41:07 AM »
Well he didnt do so well on tonights showtune show. So I think he will be gone tomorrow.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org