Author Topic: 4/12 TAR EP8 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"  (Read 43855 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
4/12 TAR EP8 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"
« on: March 29, 2005, 06:36:02 PM »
I'll call this EP 7 for now  *(^

Yahoo listings~
The Amazing Race 7
CBS 2 Apr 12 09:00pm  Add to My Calendar
Series/Reality, 60 Mins.
"Mow'em Down Like Grass", Episode #708.
The pressure mounts to the point where even making the simplest decision, such as choosing a mode of transportation, causes tempers to flare.

Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Hayma Screech Washington.

Original Airdate: April 12, 2005.

Webteasers ~

Tuesday, April 12, 9PM ET/PT

Two factions form as groups of Teams race to secure flights together.

The simple task of choosing a mode of transportation fuels tension between two Racers, straining their relationship.
Ron & Kelly

A communication breakdown between one Racer and a local causes a commotion.
New Preview, Rob

One Team shares an affectionate moment with locals when they are cheered on by a supportive crowd.
We know this is Meredith & Gretchen 

« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:39:36 PM by puddin »

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: 4/12 TAR EP 7 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 07:08:19 PM »

Ah, is that Christie Part #2... Run them down... It's OK.

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 07:56:56 AM »
Whoever says it......Could they be referring to ROMBER ((^

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 08:43:16 AM »
I thought maybe Lynn/Alex saying it about Romber....

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR EP 7 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 09:14:55 AM »
Well lets wait and see what Mediia Whore says when the new quiz comes up..it gets too confusing , if he calls the next EP Round 6 then we will keep it like this and so on  ?

The CBS site has last night as EP5 with the placings from the second leg.  They totally ignored the 5th leg standings.  This changes averages and placings.  It doesn't show that RD got a first place and most importantly that romber got 5th.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 10:05:58 AM »
Now that it looks like "Houston we have an elephant" still refers to Botswana in Ep 7.; And "mow them down like grass" doesn't sound much like London, but does it refer to India as location for Ep8

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 02:09:53 PM »
I Can't imagine this being an Elimination leg..so on Tuesday around 4 E/T they update the Newspath promo's for the Early Show..if all else fails I will call The Early Show again for confirmation  {l{

fwiw~ TV Guide Early Show listings

Titan TV

The Early Show
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 08:40:14 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 4/12 TAR EP8 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 11:33:35 PM »
From the intro flashs

Mosques of Delhi Thanks to Chateau D If

I'm not sure were this one will fit in? Camels in the background .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 01:54:14 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 12:54:17 AM »
Just to recall the spoilers, credits to sucks posters .

riii spoiler
Here's a portion of an e-mail that I was forwarded by a friend. I'm cutting out the personal parts so as not to embarrass the sender or original recipient of the e-mail. It confirms that Rob and Amber will be part of TAR7 and it also sounds like the show will include some safari adventures in Botswana.

Subject: hilarious travel story
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:35:12 +0000

I just joined the contestants and crew of The Amazing Race on the flight from Johannesburg, South Africa to Mumbai, India. I am now an extra on Reality TV!

As I checked in for my transfer flight from Botswana there, standing at the ticket counter were two Beautiful People Americans with backpacks, film crews and stressed out looks on their faces. It
could only be one thing - REALITY TV! I spoke with a sound guy who told me with a wink and a smile that it was a "travel documentary" and when I got into the terminal, there were the rest of the teams with their sound guys and cameramen, waiting for our flight. And among the contestants are Rob and
Amber fromSurvivor All-Stars. And here's the inside scoop: EVERYONE HATES THEM!

As you may imagine, I became quite friendly with one of the teams (in fact I met the woman while buying a cool bracelet for my nephew in a gift shop - we bonded over the beading! and I sat in front of her husband on the 10 hour flight). Suffice it to say that reality tv is quite hilarious. I don't know
how they can be as natural as they are with these entourages of cameramen and producers following all over. I actually caught them at a very relaxed phase, after they had spent three days on SAFARI IN BOTSWANA! They are headed up north to a temple near the Himalayas.

The people I feel worst for are the film crews who also have to keep all of their stuff in a backpack that they carry with them along with all their equipment while they schlepp after the teams. I got some inside scoop but was sworn to secrecy. Suffice it to say, though, that they were all having a great time and it sounds like they've done some very cool stuff.
The Jamaica spoiler credits to Blows
tortfeasorette 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"
 12-24-04, 01:42 AM (EST)

"TAR Spotted Filming Last Week"
My friends were in Jamaica on vacation last week and spotted TAR filming at a resort there. They saw three teams (at least one was a male/female couple -- not Rob & Amber) do either a roadblock or a detour (involving hitting golf balls to a specified area). They said the third team was far behind the other two (like five hours). 

Seen on FORT

--------------------------------

TAR7 finished filming on Friday December 17 in New York according to an acquaintance of mine that saw, talked to, and helped one of the three remaining teams in TAR7.

The following email was written Sunday December 19:
-------------------------
HI All

I know a lot of us are big fans of the Amazing Race, well on Friday I was in New York for a work lunch outing and had an Amazing Race siting! I was by the tree in Rockafeller Center looked to my left and saw 2 guys with the Amazing Race route marker cards and yelled to them. They were 2 younger guys and they had their camera man and everything. While they were running off I was cheering for them and then all of a sudden they came back to me and asked me to help them
with their clue. So I read it with them they had to go to Washington Square Park. I helped them with cab money and they were off. It was the coolest thing ever!! I talked with them a second and they were one of the final 3 teams headed for the last stop.....I called everyone I knew who loves the show and I figured a lot of you love the show too and would appreciate it. Keep an eye out for next seasons last
episode, I may be on it!!
Happy Holidays!
-------------------------

BTW. There's a spoiler on 11/20 that shows a male/male team at LAX.

That seems to be one of the lead teams spotted in Jamaica.

TWop spoiler

Here is some potential TAR 7 info. I got this email from a friend of mine today. He gave me this info based on an email that he received from friend.

On a flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami Florida on December 18, 2004. Onboard in coach: a couple dressed in nearly identical light blue outfits with backpacks, videographer (broadcast quality Beta cam), soundman with baffled fishpole mike and separate audio tape machine. In the forward cabin, about a half-dozen production staff types. Upon arrival the couple dashed down the aisle, through the jetway and toward the terminal building, shooting all the time. (The cameraman collided with an oncoming catering cart as they rounded a blind corner)

This was the only couple being filmed on this flight, but that makes some sense since, per the published shooting schedule, they would have possibly been down to the final three at that point.

We have Racergirls spoiler posted here orginated at Blows

Sorgee 's Ron & Kelly Spoiler here

The Tivo Ron & Kelly Spoiler here[/url]
03-03-2005, 12:27 PM    #201 
vman

Originally Posted by hefe
Team Kissy was a surprise to see them doing that. They looked like they might be, but maybe they are just that close, who knows?

Actually I do know. I can assure everyone that Bianca and Debbie are NOT lesbians (well, at least Bianca). My wife and I have met Bianca several times (she is good friends with one of my wife's best friends), mostly at parties. Bianca broke up with her boyfriend not long before the race. She is extremely nice, and is a very affectionate person, who hugs everyone. I understand that Bianca was at the official premiere party this week, but next week our mutual friend is throwing a viewing party (Bianca will be there!) and my wife is going. This week, our mutual friend watched it with Bianca's mom, and her mom was aghast at how much they seemed to focus on the hugging and kissing -- which is just how Bianca is with everyone.

My wife has offered to give Bianca the address here, knowing what a devoted bunch of Amazing Race fans are here. But you all have to promise to be nice to her -- while I don't know her well, she has always seemed like a really great person. I don't know the story behind some of what they showed last night (why they told the team the wrong pile, for instance.) but I was kind of surprised myself.

Also, I have heard a few minor spoilers through this grapevine -- one of which was that she and Rob had a HUGE fight that she was certain would make it into the show, and it looks from the previews that she was right. She has not revealed anything about how she did or the outcome -- even her mother apparently was shocked that they came in first last night!

A few other tidbits (spoilerized, just in case) --

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 She got along with all the teams except for Rob and Amber. Amber apparently never ate during the race, and the gay guys started calling her "amber-rexia". The military war

Chemicals Background Spoiler here

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 03:45:13 AM »

I think Meredith & Gretchen and Alex & Lynn would work together.

I see Ron & Rob working together.

I don't which faction Uchenna would be in. No clue.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 04:24:39 AM »

This place for next episode is Delhi, India.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:40:40 PM by puddin »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 04:44:12 AM »

The NY spoiler is true.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 05:21:28 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 01:51:28 PM »
I guess we have to wait another day for the newest Promo . All I'm getting is the promo for tonights Special unseen footage catch up recapl here

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 07:07:52 PM »

Red means the team was eliminated.
Blue means the team was the last to arrive at the Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race. The team was not eliminated and was forced to surrender all their money and possessions (except for their passports and clothes they were wearing) for the remainder of the race. The team did not receive any money at the beginning of the next leg and were not permitted to acquire money before the start of the next leg.
Green means the team won the Fast Forward clue.
A yellow > means that team chose to use the Yield; < indicates the team who received it.

The Amazing Race 7
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Amazing Race 7 is the seventh installment of the popular reality television show, The Amazing Race. This installment premiered on March 1, 2005.

Filming began on November 20, 2004 and finished on December 17, 2004.

In this edition of the race, a change was made to the non-elimination leg penalty. In addition to being stripped of all their money and receiving no allowance for the next leg of the race, teams were forced to surrender all of their possessions, except for their passports and the clothes they were wearing, for the remainder of the race. They were also no longer allowed to beg for money prior to the start of the next leg.
Trivia
This edition featured the first mother/son team.
Three reality show alumni were part of this race. Engaged couple Amber Brkich and Rob Mariano both appeared on Survivor. Brian appeared on a Christmas episode of Fear Factor.
Brian appeared in a Heineken commercial with Jennifer Aniston. [1] (http://gorillamask.net/videojaheine.shtml)
This season featured several prizes, given to the winners of certain legs, that had never before been featured on the show: on the first leg, $10,000 went to each teammate (for a total of $20,000) for the winning team; on the fifth leg, a Toyota RAV4 went to each teammate. Previously, only vacations and cameras had been offered in this manner.
Travelocity replaced previous show regular sponsors American Airlines Vacations and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
The third leg featured a difficult Roadblock in which players had to eat four pounds of meat and organs. An unprecedented four players actually quit the food eating task: Rob, Meredith, Deanna, and Patrick. Although it was not shown on television, Patrick quit the Roadblock but later decided to complete it.
The potential winners were listed as such in an online betting scandal. [2] (http://tv.insidepulse.com/articles/35353)Click here to read the story, and who was listed. (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/eo/20050316/en_tv_eo/16137)
Uchenna and Joyce were originally scheduled to appear on Season 6. They were sequestered in Santa Monica, California at the beginning of that race, but were cut at the last minute before the race began in Chicago.
A cameraman suffered minor injuries when Brian and Greg's Land Rover flipped as they were driving from the Roadblock to the Detour on the sixth leg of the race.
Sections of host Phil Keoghan's monologue have now been cut due to time constraints. For example, he no longer mentions that Pit Stops allow teams "to eat, sleep, and mingle with other contestants," or that each member may only complete a maximum of six roadblocks during the entire race.
[edit]
Race locations
[edit]
Leg 1 (USA-Peru)
Long Beach, California, USA (Starting Point)
Los Angeles International Airport.
Lima, Peru (Plaza de Armas)
Ancón
Cuzco
Huambutio 
Pisac
Cuzco (Convento de La Merced) 
[edit]
Leg 2 (Peru-Chile)
Arequipa 
Santiago, Chile (Virgin Mary statue on Cerro San Cristóbal) 
Santiago (Neptune fountain on Cerro Santa Lucía) 
[edit]
Leg 3 (Chile-Argentina)
Puente Viejo, Argentina ("old bridge")   
Mendoza (Camping Suizo (http://www.campingsuizo.com.ar))  (Estancia San Isidro) 
[edit]
Leg 4 (Argentina)
Lunlunta (cabaña La Guatana gaucho ranch) 
Buenos Aires (English Clock Tower at Plaza de la Fuerza Aerea)
Tigre (docks) 
Vicente Casares (La Martina Polo Ranch (http://www.lamartinapolo.com/)) 
[edit]
Leg 5 (Argentina-South Africa)
Johannesburg, South Africa   (Tunnels (http://www.wildcaves.co.za) or Tribes (http://www.lesedi.com))
Soweto (Baragwanath Market) 
Soweto (Orlando Children's Home)
Soweto (Ngakane Street) 
[edit]
Leg 6 (South Africa-Botswana)
Krugersdorp (Rhino & Lion Game Reserve (http://www.rhinolion.co.za/rhino.html))
Gaborone, Botswana
Francistown (Giant Aardvark) 
Xau Xarra 
Makgadikgadi Pans [3] (http://www.game-reserve.com/botswana_makgadikgadi.html
[edit]
Leg 7 (Botswana)
Sankuyo village 
Khwai River 
Khwai River Lodge[4] (http://www.botswanasafari.info/botswana_khwai_river_lodge.html

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 01:32:55 AM »
Pudding, thanks for the last post.  It is interesting that Amber, Kelly and Gretchen only completed 2 roadblocks, I guess they better step it up on the next leg.  It is interestin that Lynn and Alex have consistenlty placed in the middle of the pack.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 08:54:46 AM »
Here are the latest Roadblock Totals ......

Rob (4) Amber (2)
Ron (4) Kelly (2)
Lynn (3) Alex (3)
Joyce (3) Uchenna (3)
Meredith (4) Gretchen (2)

Leg 1 ~  No Roadblock

Leg 2 ~ Shoe Shine
Ray (1st) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Amber (1st) arrived 2nd ~ finished 3rd
Ron (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 1st
Joyce (1st) arrived 4th ~ finished 7th
Megan (1st) arrived 5th ~ finished 6th
Lynn (1st) arrived 6th ~ finished 10th
Brian (1st) arrived 7th ~ finished 9th
Susan (1st) arrived 8th ~ finished 4th
Debbie (1st) arrived 9th ~ finished 8th
Gretchen (1st) arrived 10th ~ finished 5th

Leg 3 ~ Eat 4 lbs. of meat
Alex (1st) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Rob (1st) arrived 2nd ~ quit, finished 5th
Greg (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Meredith (1st) arrived 4th ~ quit, finished 7th
Ron (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 4th
Uchenna (1st) arrived 6th ~ finished 1st
Deana (1st) arrived 7th ~ quit, finished 6th
Patrick (1st) arrived 8th ~ finished 8th
Debbie (2nd) arrived 9th ~ finished 9th

Leg 4 ~ Timed horse riding
Alex (2nd) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Joyce (2nd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Kelly (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Brian (2nd) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th
Rob (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th
Deana (2nd) arrived 6th ~ finished 7th
Meredith (2nd) arrived 7th ~ finished 6th
Patrick (2nd) arrived 8th ~ finished 8th

Leg 5 ~ Purchase items for orphanage
Ray & Deana did the Fast Forward
Greg (2nd) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Kelly (2nd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Lynn (2nd) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Amber (2nd) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th
Uchenna (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th
Gretchen (2nd) arrived 6th ~ finished 6th

Leg 6 ~ Spear throwing *All teams arrived together*
Brian (3rd)  finished 1st
Ron (3rd) finished 2nd
Lynn (3rd) finished 3rd
Ray (2nd) finished 4th
Joyce (3rd) finished 5th
Meredith (3rd) finished 6th
Rob (3rd) finished 7th

Leg 7 ~ Drive car / move 2 logs
Ron (4th) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Rob (4th) arrived 2nd ~ finished 1st
Uchenna (3rd) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Meredith (4th) arrived 4th ~ finished 5th
Alex (3rd) arrived 5th ~ finished 4th
Brian (4th) arrived 6th ~ finished 6th

From looking at the totals, I would say that there is a better than average chance that Kelly, Amber and Gretchen do the Roadblock this week!!!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 11:40:09 AM »
Unless I have heard wrongly, there will be EIGHT elimination pit stops; at least that is what I heard Phil say on the opening of the first show. So we have had seven legs so far with SIX eliminations  and only one NEL. According to the calendar the television schedule looks like this:

Next Week, April 12 - Leg 8 from Botswana to Delhi, India via Joburg

April 19 - Leg 9 - Somewhere else in India with camels and snake charmers

April 26 - Leg 10 - Vietnam????

May 3 - Leg 11 - Canada?????

May 10 - Grand Finale: First hour Leg 12 to Jamica; second hour Leg 13 to the FINAL FINISH LINE via Puerto Rico and Miami

So far we have had SIX ELIMINATION LEGS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7

And we have had only ONE NON-ELIMINATION LEG and there should be TWO more ELIMINATION LEGS for the total of EIGHT and giving us the FINAL THREE teams.

That means that we have THREE MORE NELS with Five teams still in the race.

My best guess is that Leg 9 and Leg 12 will be ELIMINATION legs. I think that the producers will follow the pattern they established in TAR6 with the penultimate leg an elimination leg so that one of the final three teams will not be penalized on the race for home in Leg 13. So that leaves us with Legs 8, (9 or10), and 11 as the THREE remaining NON-ELIMINATION LEGS.

It looks like we will have two flights from Khwai, Maun, Francistown or Gaborone to Joburg. But there very well could be two special
charter flights from near Khwai where the pitstop is located to Joburg. But no matter how they get to Joburg according to our informant from Joburg ALL five teams are in the airport together and are on the same flight from Joburg to Delhi.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 12:08:03 PM »
Here is some potential TAR 7 info. I got this email from a friend of mine today. He gave me this info based on an email that he received from friend.

On a flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami Florida on December 18, 2004. Onboard in coach: a couple dressed in nearly identical light blue outfits with backpacks, videographer (broadcast quality Beta cam), soundman with baffled fishpole mike and separate audio tape machine. In the forward cabin, about a half-dozen production staff types. Upon arrival the couple dashed down the aisle, through the jetway and toward the terminal building, shooting all the time. (The cameraman collided with an oncoming catering cart as they rounded a blind corner)

This was the only couple being filmed on this flight, but that makes some sense since, per the published shooting schedule, they would have possibly been down to the final three at that point.

Anyone,  If this is true, where were Uchenna and Joyce ?  There is photographic evidence of Uchenna and Ron being at the airport at the same time.  Why weren't they on the same flight?  Are Ron and Kelly a decoy?  Were the flights so full on a Saturday that the teams had to take different flights?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 01:29:42 PM »
I say we wait untill the next episode to see who comes in last , and who is mugged  by Phil if indeed it is a NEL which it almost would have to be . Then we should know one way or what the teams are wearing when they get mugged then we will know for sure whats up with RacerGirls airport spoiler pictures ..why is Ucheena holding a bag , where is his Backpack and TAR fanny belt  and why if its Ron does he have a tiny backpack.

The new promo still is not updated at the TAR site < sigh >

foghill , I hope you don't mind..brought over from Sucks  ]**] ~

foghillcafe

A little spoiler (not much of one, but it does tell us for sure that Puerto-Rico is in the final 2 episodes). This comes from another Brian & Greg interview; the cameramen who was in the crash filmed the LAST TWO EPISODES. That's what the brothers say. We actually saw him in the spoiler picture of Puerto-Rico, which confirms it.

I wonder if they consider the last two legs as one of two episode. But, I've got a feeling they meant legs=episodes. They don't know for sure how the episodes will be shown on TV.   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 01:33:05 PM by puddin »

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 12:20:17 PM »
Probably not much but Kelly's holding the detour clue

Offline DeeDee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 06:11:22 PM »
Phil : Rob gets feisty with the locals
Rob:< pointing / Mad  > are you a sharpie ? or YOU ? Don't try to pull a fast one like that again !
Phil: While Ron & Kelly's bickering continues
Kelly: Ron come and stay with me < fanning herself with the clue >
Ron : lets get on the cycle rickshaw and  get moving
Kelly: I disagree with that Ron but I'll go and do it but I disagree with it < This should be the  Detour>
Phil: and Meredith & Gretchen get a standing novation < Gretch & Meredith on bicycle rickshaw , as passengers  >
Cheers from the crowd
Mere: " Blow some kisses "
Gretch: " Hi everybody  < waves to the crowd > it was just beautiful

thanks BPF  ]**]  , they are alot clearer than mine  (*(
49.Clearly you can see this is the detour
52.Ron come and stay with me
56.lets get on the cycle rickshaw and  get moving

57.I disagree with that, Ron, but I'll go and do it.

60.Hi everybody  < waves to the crowd > it was just beautiful "
64.Are you a Sharpie !!
65. Are you! ..
67. is this banzai? j/K :)*
68.Don't try to pull a fast one like that again
69.<smirk>
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:43:42 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2005, 08:19:11 PM »
New promo shows Romber pushing a flat cart through India with a kettle on it  ..looks like maybe the other detour ? I'll wait to see it again to be sure  :<( then we see Romber racing Ucheena & Joyce Alex & Lynn in a chariot race through the India Crowds
VO:The Amazing Race Journeys to exotic India
Rob: pushing Tea Cart >one little mistake can be the end if it
VO: The teams find themselves in a Chariot Race
Lynn/Alex: I feel like Ben-Hur
VO: In an extroidinary moment when the Nation opens its heart to the Amazing Race < M&G waving to the crowd>

70A.
Lynn & Alex Chariot Race
72 Romber, pushing a cart with a Teapot & teacups on it
Romber ChariotRace
75 .
76A.
Joyce Chariot Race
77.one little mistake....

Vid cap # 70 When is India's New Year ? Maybe its just a post for an upcoming party or something?

envelope in Ambers hand
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:44:35 PM by puddin »

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2005, 09:17:56 PM »
geez, puddin. I could not have seen that or even realized that that was there for my life

Offline DeeDee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2005, 09:34:37 AM »
Thank you so much  ]**]

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005, 02:58:12 PM »
Puddin, thanks for the screencaps...now, can you tell us what they all mean? lol
whatsgonnahappen??? lol   *%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2005, 03:53:11 PM »
Oh I'm not good at analyzing the photos because there are so few ..
Lets see ..this is what I came up with  , I'll leave the real analyzing to  Gman and the pros *8/

They fly to Delhi India , airport equalizer most likely , the webclues suggest that two teams team up to secure flights together ( Could be U&J & M&G ..just a guess or some other pair , not A&L & R&A thats for sure   ]][ ) .
Maybe a minor task to get the clue RickShaw Chariot Race ? Who we don't see in the Chariot race per previews .. R&K or M&G 
Detour  sell tea or deliver something by Rickshaw ...something like that ?

We see Romber with the tea cart ..do they have to sell it or deliver it ? They are hustling ..
We see M&G Rickshaw passengers , she has a large green bag ..don't know if thats where she's storing her own goodies or if she's delivering something to the crowds cheers ?
We see Ron & Kelly argue over what detour they should do ..he says Cycle rickshaws and she does not agree but says she will do it anyway ?
Also we see Romber getting some papers from an office..do they need credentials or a permit to sell the tea ? or did they finish the task and are now leaving with the signed papers that state that they completed the task?
The picture that bothers me the most is the Romber confessional ..first hinkies when I saw and heard that is that Rob & Amber maybe make a mistake and have to go back and finish a task ..like we saw U&J & M&G do last week or were they yielded by A&L ? we see a Chariot race and perhaps they are racing each other to the clue box to try to yield each other ? Rob Conf: "one little mistake....and it can be the end" 
We are assuming this is a NEL because there are 5 teams left with 5 episodes/legs left ..or should I say there should be ?

So who do I think is saved by a NEL this week? Going by the last vidcap and Robs confessional about making one mistake , I think they are saved by the NEL but thats pure speculation and just my guess.

ETA : The chariot race vidcaps a powered by horse  }w_{  and we could and should speculate that we may still have a cont..Ep as we did when Bolo/Lori had their train wreck EP.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:12:12 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2005, 04:11:39 PM »
Everyone, thanks for all the hard work.  I am in the minority,  but I do think that the Race producers do read the message boards.  It was a lot easier last season to figure out the detours and roadblocks from the previews.

Also,
Going by the last vidcap and Robs confessional about making one mistake , I think they are saved by the NEL but thats pure speculation and just my guess.

Puddin, I also think that the next leg is a NEL.  If Rob and Amber came in last, they would be wearing the same clothes in all of the vid caps.  They aren't, so I don't think they come in last.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2005, 04:12:14 PM »
Oh I'm not good at analyzing the photos because there are so few ..
Lets see ..this is what I came up with  , I'll leave the real analyzing to  Gman and the pros *8/

So who do I think is saved by a NEL this week? Going by the last vidcap and Robs confessional about making one mistake , I think they are saved by the NEL but thats pure speculation and just my guess.

ETA : The chariot race vidcaps a powered by horse  }w_{

I think what Rob says is..."one mistake and it could all be over"  more relfective sounding to me not indicative they made a mistake, I think it's a teaser to get us to think they made a boo boo. lol
but looking at the last two legs, even if a lead team did make a mistake, it wouldn't make much diference since the other teams behind are making mistakes too. lol
U/J and G/M mistakes at the last roadblock didn't factor in with the two teams behind them having troubles too.

Leg 8 and 10 are non elims

I dunno, I just can't stand the SUSPENSE!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2005, 05:06:51 PM »
fwiw~ watching the TV commercial/Promo ..L&A are racing U&J side by side in the so called Chariot race and they are having fun with it..Lynn is waving the yellow clue laughing and Joyce is like  }w_{
giddyup and holding /shaking a white piece of paper .
Then we see Romber in their Chariot looking hard to the right at what? most likely another team on their chariot side by side  .. . The street looks wide enough for 3 or more chariots so who knows how many teams are racing ?

And also fwiw~
this vidcap/ confessional  is recycled from the Recap show

From the recap Ep thanks to Tarflies

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2005, 05:18:21 PM »
Puddin, I also think that the next leg is a NEL.  If Rob and Amber came in last, they would be wearing the same clothes in all of the vid caps.  They aren't, so I don't think they come in last.
But if they knew they were in last place they could have layered clothes so they wouldn't loose all of them like Alex did unneccesarily last week.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2005, 05:25:56 PM »
But if they knew they were in last place they could have layered clothes so they wouldn't loose all of them like Alex did unneccesarily last week.

R/A looks too damn happy to be in last place and they look pretty clean and freshly laundered, and it looks like Amber is wearing a hometown shirt

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 05:26:16 PM »
I don't know that they come in last..its just a hinkie . Worst scenario , and I shudder  at the thought..M&G get mugged by Phil again  `/~  :':') .
Don't forget we have Racergirls pictures which suggest that perhaps U&J minus their pouch and backpacks carrying a plastic bag and Ron & Kelly ( if that is Ron time will tell ? ) with the small backpack in Puerto Rico at Luis Munoz Marin International Airport.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2005, 05:50:11 PM »
I don't know that they come in last..its just a hinkie . Worst scenario , and I shudder  at the thought..M&G get mugged by Phil again  `/~  :':') .
Don't forget we have Racergirls pictures which suggest that perhaps U&J minus their pouch and backpacks carrying a plastic bag and Ron & Kelly ( if that is Ron time will tell ? ) with the small backpack in Puerto Rico at Luis Munoz Marin International Airport.

that's what I was thinking..if M/G get mugged again, there goes some of U/Js clothes too.
but, even if Romber gets stripped lol  it's not like they haven't survived before on little to none LOL
we need Amazing Race buffs LOL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2005, 08:34:32 PM »
Here's a portion of an e-mail that I was forwarded by a friend. I'm cutting out the personal parts so as not to embarrass the sender or original recipient of the e-mail. It confirms that Rob and Amber will be part of TAR7 and it also sounds like the show will include some safari adventures in Botswana.

Subject: hilarious travel story
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:35:12 +0000

I just joined the contestants and crew of The Amazing Race on the flight from Johannesburg, South Africa to Mumbai, India. I am now an extra on Reality TV!

As I checked in for my transfer flight from Botswana there, standing at the ticket counter were two Beautiful People Americans with backpacks, film crews and stressed out looks on their faces. It
could only be one thing - REALITY TV! I spoke with a sound guy who told me with a wink and a smile that it was a "travel documentary" and when I got into the terminal, there were the rest of the teams with their sound guys and cameramen, waiting for our flight. And among the contestants are Rob and
Amber fromSurvivor All-Stars. And here's the inside scoop: EVERYONE HATES THEM!

As you may imagine, I became quite friendly with one of the teams (in fact I met the woman while buying a cool bracelet for my nephew in a gift shop - we bonded over the beading! and I sat in front of her husband on the 10 hour flight). Suffice it to say that reality tv is quite hilarious. I don't know
how they can be as natural as they are with these entourages of cameramen and producers following all over. I actually caught them at a very relaxed phase, after they had spent three days on SAFARI IN BOTSWANA! They are headed up north to a temple near the Himalayas.
The people I feel worst for are the film crews who also have to keep all of their stuff in a backpack that they carry with them along with all their equipment while they schlepp after the teams. I got some inside scoop but was sworn to secrecy. Suffice it to say, though, that they were all having a great time and it sounds like they've done some very cool stuff.
Jami Masjid 

Laxminarayan Temple: Also called the Birla Mandir, the Laxminarayan Temple was built by the Birla family in 1938. It is a temple with a large garden and fountains behind it. The temple attracts thousands of devotees on Janmashtami day, the birthday of Lord Krishna. The temple is a place to visit by most of the tourist coming to New Delhi.

Bahai Temple/Lotus Temple: The Bahai Temple, situated in South New Delhi, is shaped like a lotus. It is an eye-catching edifice worth exploring. Built by the Baha'i community, it offers the visitor a serenity that pervades the temple and its artistic design.

http://www.indiatravelhorizon.com/gangotri.htm

source~
http://www.rbstravels.com/golden_triangle.htm
More temples~
http://www.uttaranchal.ws/chardham.htm
http://www.indiantemplesportal.com/delhi-temples.html

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2005, 09:29:22 PM »
Here is a link to the english translation of the Jami Masjid website from puddin's post above:

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.indienerlebnis.de/f07/delhi.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dindienerlebnis%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2005, 10:30:59 PM »
Thanks to realityreel
The racers split off into two different groups and even the simpliest of tasks creates friction between on of the teams on “The Amazing Race,” Tuesday April 12th 2005, on CBS.

Reality Reel Media

As the game becomes more intense and every second counts, the teams split off into two separate groups, on The Amazing Race 7 Tuesday, April 12 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The pressures of the Race continue to weigh heavy on one Team when even the simplest of tasks, such as choosing a mode of transportation, causes tempers to flare. Meanwhile, one Team shares an affectionate moment with the locals as they are cheered on by a supportive crowd.

Participants:
Ray/Deana - Dating On And Off – ELIMINATED 3/29
Debbie/Bianca - Lifelong Friends – ELIMINATED 3/15
Lynn/Alex - Boyfriends
Uchenna/Joyce - Married
Ron/Kelly - Dating
Ryan/Chuck - Best Friends-- ELIMINATED 3/1
Rob/Amber - Engaged
Meredith/Gretchen - Retired Couple
Megan/Heidi - Roommates -- ELIMINATED 3/8
Susan/Patrick - Mother/Son – ELIMINATED 3/22
Brian/Greg - Brothers – ELIMINATED 4/5

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2005, 01:47:19 AM »
IN THE age of automobiles who is bothered about the solitary tongawallah? Gone are the days of tongas. There were more than 3,500 tongas in 1971 and there are now only 100 tongas all over Delhi.
Maintaining a tonga according to Nasiruddin of Delhi's Jama Masjid tonga stand, is a tough job.

Guess what a Tonga is.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2005, 03:21:22 AM »
IN THE age of automobiles who is bothered about the solitary tongawallah? Gone are the days of tongas. There were more than 3,500 tongas in 1971 and there are now only 100 tongas all over Delhi.
Maintaining a tonga according to Nasiruddin of Delhi's Jama Masjid tonga stand, is a tough job.

Guess what a Tonga is.

Tonga is a country in South Pacific.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2005, 03:25:05 AM »
The five teams are arrive in Delhi, India. Look at this map:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 03:33:42 AM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2005, 09:12:47 AM »

Guess what a Tonga is.

Thank you Chateau , I could not find the right word for the so called Chariots  {l{

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 10:53:33 AM »
And notice where the tonga stand is.   })}
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2005, 12:27:04 PM »
I'll try to put together what we seem to know so far about ep 8:  First the teams are at the pitstop at the Khwai River Lodge after spending the say driving around the Moremi Wildlife Reserve. All of the teams arrived before sundown, so it looks like the first team of Rob and Amber with Ron and Kelly close behind arrived in early afternoon. SO that means the teams will be starting out again after their pitstop in the darkness of early morning. But, of course, we have no shots of this.

It looks like the teams must do something in order to sign up for charter flights out of Maun to either Gaborone or directly to Joburg. The plane shown is a single engine bush plane which probably at best can carry only two or three teams. So there may be some kind of dealing going on trying to get the best flight out. But do not worry about who flies out when since it looks like all five teams and their entourages are together for the long 10-hour flight to Delhi.

Since the spoiler from Joburg mentioned that they were on their way to a temple "near the Himalayas" they may have to find the Jami Masjid or Laxminadayan Temple to get their first task.

We have been shown (and it is the only time they have been shown in the weekend promos) Ron and Kelly arguing over what part of the DETOUR to go on (some choice it seems of a type of transportation) Kelly thinks Ron is wrong in choosing the Rickshaw but decides to go along with him.  At first I thought that the choice would be between Tongas or Bikes. We had scenes of Meredith and Gretchen in the bike rickshaw and then Ron and Kelly picking it out. And we had scenes of Lynn and Alex, Joyce and Uchenna, and Rob and Amber all racing in Tongas. But then up came a shot of Rob and Amber in a rickshaw. So they can't be the two parts of the Detour. 

The Chariot race in Tongas may indeed be part of a Detour, but what about the Rickshaws and we have Kelly telling us that is their choice in the choosing of a mode of transportation. So if the rickshaw is part of the detour what is the rest?

We have a scene of Rob and Amber in some official looking office and Rob is waving some set of papers around asking who is in charge.  Next we have a scene of Rob and Amber starting off with a tea cart. It looks like there are five tea carts assembled here. There is a gap between the cart with Rob and Amber and the third one over. So has one team already left with their cart? Rob also has what looks like the same set of papers he had in the office in his hand. So did the teams have to go somewhere to get permission to sell tea on the street? There also is an overhead shot of Rob and Amber making their way through a crowd with a police car standing by. Any significance?

Finally we have Meredith and Gretchen being driven through the Delhi streeets with crowds of people surrounding them. Are they leading the pack or are they being cheered on as they come in last again. And after they dismount they are seen walking with broad smiles on their faces through more crowds of adoring young people. Don't know what this all means but the final pit stop usually is in a secluded place, so this may be outside a temple or some sort of landmark which is the final pit stop for this leg of the race.

Most likely this has to be a NEL. So does that mean that we will have the same pattern of a Fast Forward again in this ep? The tea cart bit could be a fast forward since we have only seen one team doing it, but if this is the FF than Rob and Amber would not be doing the other tasks (unless they get outwitted again by M/G)

Strange that after the promo at the end of Ep 7 featured Ron and Kelly they have not been seen during the weekend longer promos.

And, finally, Rob and Amber are getting a lot and I mean a lot of face time this week. Are they going to be saved by the NEL/

Finally, we

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2005, 02:45:56 PM »
New Vidcaps from Dreamer  ]**]
Some were duplicates so I'll just post the new ones .. interesting order of the teams  ^&#
I just want to make a comment ..IMO ,those teams are who I beleive are the last 3 teams in order #1 U&J #2M&G #3 L&A , next out Romber and Kelly and Ron after them . Yeah Yeah , I posted awhile back that U&J were not in the final three but it was a mistake and my own fault for trusting more than one source    8-)' and I apologize and admit that it was wrong  *8/  B:) B:) B:)  .

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 02:59:27 PM by puddin »

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »
I just want to make a comment ..IMO ,those teams are who I beleive are the last 3 teams in order #1 U&J #2M&G #3 L&A , next out Romber and Kelly and Ron after them . Yeah Yeah , I posted awhile back that U&J were not in the final three but it was a mistake and my own fault for trusting more than one source    8-)' and I apologize and admit that it was wrong  *8/  B:) B:) B:)  .

I like your final three puddin.  I like the idea of any team that is currently left that has said or did anything negative to M/G does not finish before them. For example L/A said M/G were "so stupid", Ron said in an insider video that M/G were "holding on by the skin of their teeth", and Rob changing lanes and tauting them while driving shown on the recap episode.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »
Oh, I would love for that to happen puddin

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2005, 04:55:58 PM »
 {l{ Well if my prediction is right perhaps Romber do indeed come in last this coming week.. NEL , they are mugged by Phil and when they "Beg" the others for a loan, the following episode , they get " Talk to the hand cause the face doesn't understand  ,.( "  they would be so screwed that episode .  I was looking at  Raceygirls airport pictures , just because we see U&J with a bag doesn't necessarily  mean they were victims of a mugging from Phil ..maybe they were ahead of the other teams and took some time to do a little shopping, time will tell  ?

Shouts to Gman ..thank you for the analysis . Great work as always and much appreciated ,especially with the small clues that we have to work with . ]*[

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2005, 05:14:04 PM »
Some additional videocaps from Dreamer.  Some show Kelly with a headscarf and they also show Rob and Amber boarding a plane.

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=TheAmazingRace&Number=1714148&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&mrd=1113171039

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2005, 05:16:56 PM »
 |#' Dreamer is Awesome!!!!!!!!

ETA / Voiceover  , again thanks to Dreamer

VO: The Amazing Race journeys to exotic India
Ron: I hope we get there before they do..
Ron: Come on , move fast ...
VO:  Rob and Amber are up to their old tricks
Rob: Tell them that you can't do it at this time

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:56:10 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2005, 05:25:16 PM »
Some additional videocaps from Dreamer. Some show Kelly with a headscarf and they also show Rob and Amber boarding a plane.

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=TheAmazingRace&Number=1714148&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&mrd=1113171039

:<( Ottopart , I'm no expert but I think think 95 96 97 so on are when they are leaving Africa .. looks like Rob is trying to convince the lady in charge whatever that Lynn & Alex should not be allowed on the charter plane  {l{ anyway thats how it looks , I have not seen this promo/voiceover yet so I'm just saying .

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2005, 05:38:52 PM »
{l{ Well if my prediction is right perhaps Romber do indeed come in last this coming week.. NEL , they are mugged by Phil and when they "Beg" the others for a loan, the following episode , they get " Talk to the hand cause the face doesn't understand  ,.( "  they would be so screwed that episode .  I was looking at  Raceygirls airport pictures , just because we see U&J with a bag doesn't necessarily  mean they were victims of a mugging from Phil ..maybe they were ahead of the other teams and took some time to do a little shopping, time will tell  ?

Shouts to Gman ..thank you for the analysis . Great work as always and much appreciated ,especially with the small clues that we have to work with . ]*[

I guess anything can happen in this crazy race, from leg to leg, but I can't buy Gretchen and Meredith outdistancing smarter and stronger teams. They have been floundering the last two wks, saved by the noneliim and then last week finishing, Luckily, ahead of L/A with major vehicle trouble, and the Brothers just dumbing out. With the added stress of the head injury, being mugged, plus all teams must be tiring, I just can't see them having the stamina to go further or beat another team handily to pull ahead...not with the teams left anyway.. All of them race stronger, smarter and with that sense of urgency. The only way i see M/G pulling ahead of all those teams is if they steal the Rob's horseshoe LOL

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2005, 05:51:03 PM »
In 91 and 92 it looks like Ron might have some sort of a wrap on his head also.  Any guesses as why?  I have not seen the preview but in the caps it they do not appear to be running.

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2005, 06:31:04 PM »
Don't know if they goto Ajmer in the Rajasthan desert but here is some info on it.

Getting Around
There are different means of transport available to the traveler to move around in Ajmer. One can choose from auto-rickshaws, cycle-rickshaws and tongas, depending on the distance.
Tourist Information Centers
Tourists and travelers can get information from the tourist office that is located in Rajasthan Tourism Development Council's (RTDC) Hotel Khadim. There is also a small tourist information counter at the railway station. Travelers should take care of a few things while visiting the Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti: one has to cover the head with a scarf or a cap in certain places within the precincts of the tomb complex. Beware of fake guides around the Dargah who try to fleece money in the name of donation for religious or social pretext.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:E29d1SB-vJsJ:www.indnav.com/servlet/Browse%3Fmt%3DgoTo%26fId%3D32+scarf+delhi+tongas&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2005, 07:34:37 PM »
Why is The Early Show listing a race eliminated team?  This episode should be a non-elimination.  They only have 5 teams left and the finale isn't until May 10.

Saturday, 04/09: Live coverage of British Royal wedding
Monday, 04/11: William H. Macy on "Sahara" | "Anchor to the Rescue" series
Tuesday, 04/12: Teenage driving dangers | New products for pets
Wednesday, 04/13: Sen. Bob Dole on memoir | "Race" eliminated team
Thursday, 04/14: Anthony LaPaglia | "Anchor to the Rescue"
Friday, 04/15: "Survivor: Palau" castoff

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2005, 09:48:26 PM »
The new vidcaps seem to confirm some of what we have been thinking. First, the teams will be getting on charter flights from Maun Airport to Joburg. The shot of the airport with Rob is too small for Joburg so must be Maun. The planes look like the larger Cessna Caravans. Rob is wearing the same yellow shirt in the airport and getting on the plane (without backpacks since the plane is so small you would have to check them). When Rob and Amber are climbing up into the plane you can see the small terminal building behind them. Later we have scenes of Rob in the office trying to find out who is in charge and then pushing the tea cart and he has a different shirt on. Next day? Changed shirts on the plane? Amber also is now wearing a jacket of some sort.

Interesting to note that the Khwai River Lodge recommends that they pick you up at the Maun airport since the only way to get to their lodge is by four-wheel drive vehicle. Our teams had enough trouble trying to navigate across the trackless bush in broad daylight so I hope they don't have to drive to Maun in the darkness of early morning! Hard to follow the tracks and who knows what you would run into.

Can anyone identify the building in pix no. 90?  Looks like some kind of religious site since everyone is wearing head scarves of some sort.

Rob and Amber are really getting more than their share of face time this week. His remark about one mistake and your out seems to be just part of a confessional at the Khwai River Lodge during the pit stop and probably is just one of his observations about how to win the race. It sure makes sense at this stage of the game.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2005, 09:49:09 PM »
I know Ottopart , what I'm going to do is check the update on the newspath about 4pm /ET  on Tuesday and if that fails i'll call Meredith ..shes in charge of the Promo's for CBS  :)*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 09:52:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2005, 10:00:30 PM »
Because I can't find that Building in #90 and am bored .

Delhi Police

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2005, 10:19:12 PM »
Don't know if they goto Ajmer in the Rajasthan desert but here is some info on it.

Getting Around
There are different means of transport available to the traveler to move around in Ajmer. One can choose from auto-rickshaws, cycle-rickshaws and tongas, depending on the distance.
Tourist Information Centers
Tourists and travelers can get information from the tourist office that is located in Rajasthan Tourism Development Council's (RTDC) Hotel Khadim. There is also a small tourist information counter at the railway station. Travelers should take care of a few things while visiting the Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti: one has to cover the head with a scarf or a cap in certain places within the precincts of the tomb complex. Beware of fake guides around the Dargah who try to fleece money in the name of donation for religious or social pretext.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:E29d1SB-vJsJ:www.indnav.com/servlet/Browse%3Fmt%3DgoTo%26fId%3D32+scarf+delhi+tongas&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

]*[ Thanks Ottopart .. how could a building this size be so hard to find ? back to google.....

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2005, 11:53:16 AM »
A friend of Rob/Amber (BIG HAIR) posted on TWOP the following: 

"The wedding date was mutually agreed upon. I can tell you they will NOT be in NY this Wednesday or next. I'll tell you on Monday exactly where the wedding is/was since it's being kept secret to avoid a media circus or preventing wackos from causing problems."

The wedding is April 16th and will be seen on CBS May 24th.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2005, 12:20:54 PM »
LOL, I was just going to post this Ottopart ..,my theory right or wrong ? It was just my opinion as I see it , not a spoiler ..we shall see  {l{ . I was thinking tomorrow's Ep non-elim and then the following week maybe part 1 of a too be cont EP like Lori & Bolo's train Hungary leg  ?  or do you all think there are 3 non -elim legs left?
Pedaler posted
Big Hair, Thanks a lot for the info. In cases like this, I like being wrong. I just have a thing about reality show contestants knowing each other. Sorry.

You posted a while back that Rob and Amber's wedding is this upcoming weekend. Did they or CBS (or both) set the date? I only ask because the answer will help me speculate if they get eliminated this week or next. Usually, the eliminated team is on the Wednesday Early Show. I would find it strange if a team would want to go on any show the Wednesday before or after their wedding. Thanks.
link

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2005, 12:48:45 PM »
Wonder if they are using one of the free trips as a Honey moon?  Do you think Lynn and Alex will be there?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2005, 12:51:18 PM »
Puddin,  I should have also asked how long Rob and Amber's honeymoon will be.  If it's two weeks then ....   Maybe I will next time Big Hair posts.

There is so much up in the air regarding the next few episodes.  Will there be back to back non-elimination legs?  Will the racers circle the world or go back to the U.S. through Turkey and England?

I hope that the second half of the race is as good as the first.

Thanks for all of the vid caps.  I haven't seen any previews on TV and CBS hasn't updated their web site.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2005, 01:13:55 PM »
 *^? thanks Pedaler ..this is driving me crazy  /(^ I need to know . Tomorrow nights episode should answer alot of questions ..at least we get to see what the teams are wearing ..I hate that we can't see what Ucheena is wearing because he's blocked out by Joyce in the chariot/ Tonga . And fwiw I'm watching the recap EP now and Rob is wearing that same Pittsburgh t-shirt at the last Pitstop while they are eating and being entertained by the locals , we see him wearing it in the above Vidcaps as well .

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2005, 02:04:36 PM »
From Dreamer's Videocaps it looks like Ron is wearing a black t-shirt underneath a black long-sleeve shirt in this episode.  It even looks like his slacks may be black also..  The "raceygirl" picture at San Juan airport shows Ron wearing tan shorts and a blue long-sleeve shirt.  I don't think Ron and Kelly come in last this episode at least.  But then again, what do I know.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2005, 03:58:46 PM »
Haven't seen anything new on CBS over the weekend. Still pushing the "five" teams and Rob and Amber. Most certain that they are flying charter flights (probably two or even three if the planes are really small). But it looks like at least mid-morning so it must have taken awhile to get from the Khwai River Lodge to the Maun Airport. `Rob and Amber arrived at the lodge just ahead of Ron and Kelly. Uchenna and Joyce arrived later and then had to retreat to the driveby and recover the flag stick and then still returned third to the pitstop. Then Lynn and Alex and finally Meredith and Gretchen. Since the sun does not set until around 8:30PM during the first week of December and all teams arrived in daylight, they all must have arrived before 8:30PM. So assuming that Rob and Amber arrived some time ahead of the others they may have arrived around 3:30PM. That would mean that they and Ron and Kelly would be leaving at around 3:30AM in the darkness of the early morning. I don't believe they would even attempt to drive across the trackless bush country in the dark. So perhaps they all had to wait until sunrise before the gate was lifted and they could drive off.

We have seen what looks like the following tasks:

Ride a cycle-rickshaw

Ride a Tonga (Chariot race)

Push a tea cart through the crowded streets.

And looks like visiting some sort of religious temple (come on Puddin, you can find forts in out of the way Hungary, Corsica and Istanbul and you can't find a distinctive building like the one in pix 90?)

Something to do with the cycle-rickshaw is one part of the Detour. We know this from what Kelly is telling Ron. But where does the tea cart stunt fit in? Not a Roadblock since both Amber and Rob are pushing it.  And we see Rob and Amber also in the Tonga Race and on the cycle-rickshaw. So these are not Fast Forward tasks.  Hopefully it can be straightened out by tomorrow night.

Some other interesting things.  In the tea cart sequence with Rob and Amber there are four more carts lined up when Rob and amber pick out theirs. He is now wearing a different shirt from when they departed Botswana on the charter flight. And in the tea cart gig, in a high shot you can spot a strange man helping Rob maneuver his cart through the street while Amber stands to one side watching (another local spots the survivors and helps out?)

CBS on plugs for The Early Show last night and this morning did not mention that a TAR castoff would be on their show this week, but they did plug for Friday's Survivor castaway.  Just pretty good evidence that TAR Ep 8 will be NEL. It almost has to be, if not we would almost surely have three NELs in a row: eps 9, 10, 11 which would make no sense at all if ep 12 is the final elimination to get the four teams down to the final three.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2005, 04:10:21 PM »
And looks like visiting some sort of religious temple (come on Puddin, you can find forts in out of the way Hungary, Corsica and Istanbul and you can't find a distinctive building like the one in pix 90?)
  {l{ Its too hard to nail ..I've been to Bombay to Pondicherry !! No luck at all

Check this place out , Yikes  `/~

link

Eyemail ~ No help here.. :':')

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2005, 04:15:50 PM »
Another usefull link/India Travel Club 

More about the Veil

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2005, 09:34:18 PM »
I hate that we can't see what Ucheena is wearing because he's blocked out by Joyce in the chariot/ Tonga

You can see his arm reaching out behind Joyce.  He is wearing that long-sleaved, heavy yellow shirt that appears again in the 12/18/04 airport photo.

gingerman, I get sunset to be 6:55 pm using Sun, Earth & Moon Applet (Muan lat = -19.983, lon = 23.417, Dec 3, 2004, Botswana is 2 hours ahead of GMT)

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2005, 10:06:24 PM »
You're right sunset is as you say at 6:55 on Dec.3. That only means since all teams including Greg and Brian arrived at the pitstop while it was still bright daylight that Rob and Amber arrived not long after noonish. Which means they would be leaving the pitstop a little after midnight. I don't think they would get very far from the safari lodge in the dead of night.

And since this is a NEL is there a  YIELD in the mix or a FAST FORWARD?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:20:31 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2005, 10:17:38 PM »
Puddin, I can't find the building in #90 either.  But in #91 Ron & Kelly are walking past Jama Masjid.  It appars in the promo but not until the llast two frames before the clip changes to pre-race Uchenna & Joice.  The structure in the background of #91 must be a side building to Jama Masjid.

For what it's worth, the building in #90 seems like a gateway or a fort. because you see some daylight from the other side of the opening.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2005, 10:28:25 PM »
 ((^  I really need to get a life , I've been searching for that building for 24 hrs  with no luck at all , whats funny is that after we see it tomorrow night it will be like WhoopTe Do who cares  (%# . Thanks Chateau d If , I give up on  #90  <}/ >^%

Offline DeeDee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
2 new Dreamer Caps from JokersUpdates.com
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2005, 01:14:20 AM »

Rob looks happy

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2005, 09:15:45 AM »
 ]#* BPF !!! You Rock!!!

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2005, 09:23:11 AM »
Puddin,  Don't kill yourself over vid cap #90.  That building may have no impact on the race.  Sometimes, the previews give scenes of an area just for background information.

As for the eyemail, I thought it was interesting that Ron and Kelly were mentioned to be in second place.  I don't recall race team placements normally being shown.  I wonder if that's a hint that they come in last next leg because of their bickering or first in spite of their bickering.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2005, 09:51:46 AM »
 {l{ OK I called Meghan in charge of the CBS newspath about The Early Show interview tomorrow and asked her if she could confirm the eliminated team would be on or not , she said that it  "is" scheduled that way but ,they don't know whats going to happen on the Amazing Race tonight ..and thats all she knows right now ! So....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2005, 10:31:04 AM »
Good find AT Twop   I'll leave it here for now so we don't lose it .
hannahjane
Video Archivist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going with the idea that they are in the final four and not going to NY until the 10th. CBS more than likely planned the wedding and honeymoon around all of the TAR events. You are right. Though, their TAR obligations can't just be put aside because of their wedding. I would guess that even if CBS were open to a team wanting to not go on TES, Romber is their cash cow, so it would be difficult. One thing to consider though is that they don't have to be in studio for the interview. If the wedding and honeymoon truly conflict with their elimination, CBS could arrange a remote from anywhere for the interview just to make all parties happy. I won't rule anything out just yet. Finally, we don't know where they are getting married (somewhere tropical? My guess is Hawaii) but since they have everything pretty much being done for them, they could feasibly be in NY on a Wednesday morning to do interviews and be on the ground halfway around the world by Friday morning, in time for a Saturday wedding.

I was up late tonight surfing around for some press releases or indication that the show would be going off schedule and found this site WKYT Program Schedule that has their programs specifically listed through June. It has TAR on the schedule at 9pm on 4/12 (of course), 4/19, 4/26, 5/3 and then the 2-hour finale from 9-11pm on 5/10. It also confirms scheduling of what it calls "Bob and Amber(hee): The Wedding" from 9-11pm on 5/24. Just in case there was anyone waiting for an official sort of confirmation. 

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »
interesting

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2005, 01:15:09 PM »
Like Puddin' I have not been able to find the building in pix 90. However, with the many pictures I have found of the Jama Masjid the more I think that this is not the Friday Temple at all. The temple inside is a square courtyard 100 meters square and has a solid red stone surface. No trees. No grass, No shrubs. On the outside the three main gates are at the top of a long wide flight of stairs and the temple is surrounded by a busy commercial area with the Chandni Chowk or central market on one side. On the other side of the market area is the Red Fort and the Lahore Gate. Inside the Red Fort are large grassy areas with paths, shrubs, trees. This locale is more like that seen in the Kelly and Ron picture. Now they may have left the Jama Masjid as this temple surely has been shown in the opening credit flashby (two tall mineret towers and three onion shaped domes). So it may be that they go to the Jama Majid first then across to the Red Fort (one of Old Delhi's most famous landmarks) and then finally out to the Chandni Chowk where they pick up there Tonga for a race to who knows where.

Other famous landmarks in Old Delhi are the Feroze Shah Kotla, Raj Ghat Gandhi, and the Rang Mahal. Any one of these might be the pit stop where the last team to arrive is saved by the NELBell.

http://www.hat.net/album/asia/india/05_cities_and_maharajas/03_old_delhi/detail021.htm

This picture may be of some interest.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2005, 01:28:07 PM »
Right Gman ..I didn't see the path way with the trees either @ Jama Masjid.

I went through all pages at this site , no luck at all  , also I searched every Fort , Palace , Muslim temple and city so we sure are ready for next weeks second leg in India , assuming it is , lol  .
Some of these links my come in handy for the next leg ?

Also I'm waiting on the Newspath to update and the TV listing title for April 26th ..usually around 4:30 or 5 E/T

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2005, 02:57:20 PM »
Here's another pix of the courtyard and gate inside Jama Masjid. (Don't know how to post the pix) but here's the link:

www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/image/38215494

I think they just list the latest Amazing Race castoff for Wednesdays just to keep us guessing whether there will actually be one or not. No mention today on TES of any TAR guest tomorrow.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2005, 03:35:30 PM »
Gman, I only see 3 other teacarts in the R/A photo. I thought that maybe another team beat them there. If so, who? It doesn't appear to be a roadblock but after last week roadblock has a different meaning to me. Could be that both can push the cart but only one can sell. Could also be a fast forward and someone beat them to it again. I think they haven't shown the other detour, maybe no one chooses it. I also think the Tonga is when they either first get in India or a race to the pit stop. And what is up with the R/A office visit?? Can anyone help piece this together?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2005, 04:29:50 PM »
 /(^ good question supsandalee ..if only we knew the answer .. Amber is holding a clue envelope in the office with the Sharpies ..maybe they need to confirm that they completed a task ? something has to be counted or accounted for ? No idea ? Whats the Roadblock ? I don't think we see it since it looks like they are all seen doing the tasks together ?

The simple task of choosing a mode of transportation fuels tension between two Racers, straining their relationship
. Detour in hand

Phil: While Ron & Kelly's bickering continues
Kelly: Ron come and stay with me < fanning herself with the clue >
Ron : lets get on the cycle rickshaw and  get moving
Kelly: I disagree with that Ron but I'll go and do it but I disagree with it < This should be the  Detour>
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 04:36:17 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Early Show Update
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2005, 04:58:20 PM »
No mention of the Amazing race team being on  |#'

^NN-TIEINAM-041305
Below is THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Wednesday, April 13, 2005 as of 5:30PM
Tuesday.

PLEASE NOTE: This information WILL be updated again several times overnight,
beginning at approximately 2:30AM, then again at 5:45AM, 6:45AM and 9:15AM for
West Coast Stations. Please do not forget to check the AM tie-in note in
Spacemail.

Harry Smith, Hannah Storm and Rene Syler will anchor THE EARLY SHOW from New
York.  Julie Chen will anchor from Los Angeles, CA.  Dave Price will bring us
the weather. 

Please note that each night a 10-second "tomorrow" and "coming up" topical
anchor promo that can be used in a combo spot, teasing your local morning show
and THE EARLY SHOW, can be found in the Newspath Now server under "promos".
***This promo teases stories only in the 8AM hour only***.  Co-op stations, you
can use this promo to tease the broadcast in your own morning news.  Here is a
look at the promo we recorded for Wednesday's show:

Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...  When the messy renovations were
taking too long, Rosalind had enough... Hear how Harry saved the day!  Also,
we'll talk with the First Lady of California, Maria Shriver...  Tomorrow
(Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW... 

Please also note that a 20-second "tomorrow" and "coming up" topical anchor
promo can be found in the Newspath Now server under "promos".  Here is a look
at the promos we recorded for Wednesday's show:

I'm Julie Chen...  I'm Hannah Storm...  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY
SHOW...  When the messy renovations in her home were taking too long, Rosalind
had enough... So our Harry Smith came to her rescue...  Hear how he saved the
day!  Also, we'll talk with the First Lady of California, Maria Shriver...
Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW... 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOUR LOCAL WEATHER CUTAWAYS WILL HIT AT THE FOLLOWING APPROX. TIMES:
DAVE PRICE THROWS TO LOCAL WEATHER CUTAWAYS AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
1) 7:07:25
*****WE WILL CONFIRM THE HIT TIME FOR THE FIRST WEATHER CUTAWAY EVERY MORNING
AT 6:30AM ET VIA EVA******
2) 7:33:15
3) 8:04:00
4) 8:32:35
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:11 SEGMENT ONE- SECURITY TERROR / SUV DANGERS: Security guest TBD, please
check overnight wires.  Then, Sharyl Attkisson continues to investigate safety
questions surrounding a popular SUV. A jury blamed a weak roof in one deadly
accident -- are SUV roofs strong enough?  She uncovers some new details.

7:18 SEGMENT TWO- JACKSON TRIAL: Guest TBD, please check overnight wires.

7:32 SEGMENT THREE- WILD LIMO RIDE: (Dateline: Winter Springs, FL) Some high
schoolers who rented a limo so they could stay safe on prom night ended up
getting a wild ride they didn't plan for.  A senior at Winter Springs High
School in Florida used his cell phone to call his dad from the limo, to
complain about the driver's erratic driving.  Authorities say they found a
half-empty vodka bottle next to the driver's seat. Wednesday morning, we'll
talk to some of the students about their unexpected wild ride.

7:42 SEGMENT FOUR- OKLAHOMA CITY SURVIVOR: Ten years after the Oklahoma City
bombing, Tracy Smith brings you the unlikely story of one woman's survival. 

7:48 SEGMENT FIVE- DRUG DANGERS: EARLY SHOW contributor Dr. Emily Senay gives
advice on how to avoid making mistakes when taking medication.  She'll discuss
how to steer clear of side effects, as well as the dangers of mixing
medications with herbal supplements or other medications.

8:06 SEGMENT SIX- MY NEW LIFE: (Dateline: St. Paris, OH) We hear a lot about
people who try to lose weight, and Wednesday we'll bring you a real-life
success story.  Last June we met, Lori Black, a mother of three and middle
school teacher from Ohio.  Lori wrote to Dave Price about her struggle with
weight.  So Dave decided to pay her a visit for a little pep talk and to help
her get started.  The rest was up to her, and less then a year later she has
got the body she always wanted.  We will show you her inspirational results and
hear how she shed the weight.

8:17 SEGMENT SEVEN- MARIA SHRIVER: We will talk with Maria Shriver,
best-selling author, acclaimed journalist, First Lady of California, and mother
of two daughters about her new book, And One More Thing Before You Go..., which
provides a loving and heartfelt guide for girls as they go off to college.

8:34 SEGMENT EIGHT- ANCHOR TO THE RESCUE: (Dateline: Bloomfield, CT) Like many
homeowners Jonas Best prefers to go it alone when it comes to making home
renovations. His wife, Rosalind is a patient woman, but when her new bathroom
was neither beautiful, nor complete, Rosalind had enough...and wrote THE EARLY
SHOW asking for an Anchor to the Rescue.  Harry Smith offered Jonas a hand, see
how this home improvement project turned out! 

8:39 SEGMENT NINE- BOB DOLE: Former Senator Bob Dole will join us to discuss
his new book, One Soldier's Story, which recounts his personal story as a young
soldier in World War II and how the skills he learned during those dark days
helped shape the man and political leader he would eventually become.

8:45 SEGMENT TEN- CHARLIE DIMMOCK: Our garden guru Charlie Dimmock will join us
to discuss what to do once your daffodils, tulips and other early spring flowers
have bloomed and she'll have advice on planting bulbs now that will blossom
later in the summer.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2005, 06:22:20 PM »
ET ~ Rob & Amber battle it out with there closest competiton on the streets of India
Rob:to Taxi dude " Charbaugh Multi Story Flats"
Kell: < points to Romber >" there in a taxi right there
Ron: well we couldn't find a taxi
Rob: <in taxi/ points to R&K > beat that team there
Ron : < to Kelly in rickshaw cycle passengers > " I thought it was close by"
Kell: has anything in this race ever been close by ? Nooo...nothing <pissed>
Ron : lets lighten up the attitude

FWIW , they are making it look like R&K are in trouble  ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 06:46:08 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2005, 07:32:20 PM »
The Charbaugh Multi Story Flats must be the goal of one task. Either it is just to get he next route marker or it is the final pit stop. This seems to be the location we have seen with Meredith and Gretchen arriving in the midst of cheering kids. First, last or does it matter since they have to go somewhere else? Probably not pit stop as this is usually some secluded and crowd controllable spot like a historical site or temple. But it looks like the teams are all racing here for one reason or the other. Nothing on K and A. Are they in trouble??????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2005, 07:42:40 PM »
Charbaugh Multi Story Flats .. nothing on Google ..this exactly what the close caption had..I wonder if Robs Bostonian accent didn't screw up  Charbaugh   ..I guess we will  know soon enough ((^

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2005, 10:23:15 PM »
I know it's already known but here is #90

Among the other fabulous monuments of Lucknow are the Kaiser Bagh palaces, built by Wajid Ali Shah, the last Nawab of Avadh, who was robbed of his kingdom by the British and confined in Calcutta where he spent the last years of his life, pining for his beloved Lucknow. The buildings are said to have cost around 80 lakhs when they were built in 1850. Today a great deal of Kaiser Bagh has disappeared (the destruction took place in the 1857 uprising), but the name still applies to the historic quadrangle where Wajid Ali Shah, wearing the dress of a dramatic performer, used to participate in fairs. There are several small pavilions for the performance of plays. The surrounding yellow buildings called Lakhi were, at one time, the harem
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 10:26:53 PM by Chateau d If »