Author Topic: Voting Problem Last Night  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Spooky

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Voting Problem Last Night
« on: March 23, 2005, 08:29:02 AM »
I just heard about this.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050323/ap_en_tv/american_idol_error_2

There will be another 1 hour show tonight from 8-9 CST and the result show will be Thursday 8-8:30 CST.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 08:36:58 AM by Spooky »
"Cats work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience."

Offline mommy2bree

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Voting Problem Last Night
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 08:51:53 AM »
So, are they all singing again tonight, then?  Mom thought she heard on the news this morning that only 3 people would be singing again tonight, but that doesn't seem fair, to give just those 3 two shots at the song, and to give them the benefit of using what the judges said to improve their performance, without giving them all the same opportunity. 

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »
Here's what I found ......

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTE CHANGE
Due to an error with the graphics shown on-screen (incorrect voting numbers were displayed) during the performance recap at the end of last night’s AMERICAN IDOL, a live, one-hour show will air tonight, Wednesday, March 23 9/8c on FOX, to enable a re-vote. This new show will combine new live elements with encores of Tuesday’s performances from the remaining 11 contestants.

Phone lines will open at the conclusion of tonight's show and will remain open for two hours to give viewers the chance to vote for their favorite contestants and keep them in the competition. Only the voting results from tonight’s show will determine who received the lowest number of votes and will be sent home this week. Tune in to see who America has chosen to stay and who is sent home on the live results show tomorrow, Thursday, March 24 9/8c live on FOX.

RECAP
NEW LIVE SHOW & ENCORE PERFORMANCES THEN RE-VOTE - TONIGHT 9/8c
LIVE RESULTS SHOW - TOMORROW 9/8c

And I found this at SUCKS .....

American Idol displayed the wrong telephone number during the recap of the contestant's performances. The telephone numbers put up for Mikalah Gordon, Anwar Robinson, and Jessica Sierra were wrong. As you can see in the pictures, the upper number is correct, but the lower numbers are wrong.

Mikalah's number is supposed to 1-866-IDOLS-09, but the lower number was displayed as 1-866-43657-01, which was Anthony Fedorov's number. Anwar's upper number was correct, 1-866-IDOLS-10, but the lower number was listed as 1-866-43657-02, which was Carrie Underwood's number. And finally, Jessica's number was 1-866-IDOLS-11, but the lower number given was 1-866-43657-03, which was Scott Savol's number.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 03:09:56 PM »
 }} What a mess

Posted on Wed, Mar. 23, 2005

Error prompts `American Idol' re-vote

By the Mercury News

Incorrect voting numbers flashed on the screen of Tuesday night's ``American Idol'' program are prompting the producers of the live talent competition to ask viewers to vote a second time for their favorite performers.

The re-vote is a first for the popular Fox program which allows viewers to vote via a toll-free telephone number, or send a cellular phone text message to vote for their favorite singer.

According to a notice posted on the show's Web site, www.idolonfox.com, a live one-hour show will air tonight at 9 p.m. and will combine new live elements with encores of Tuesday's performances from the show's 11 remaining contestants. Phone lines will open at the end of tonight's show and will stay open for two hours.

Only the voting results from tonight's show will be used to determine which contestant received the lowest number of votes and will be eliminated from the competition. Tuesday's votes are invalid.

Results will be revealed when the show airs again at 9 p.m. Thursday.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/11210913.htm

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 02:07:06 AM »
I didn't realize I missed the results show again.  So who got the boot?  Was it Nadia with her Time after Time chicken tomahawk hairdo??  Who thought that was a good hairdo????   c/* ^/^

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 08:03:52 AM »
Mikalah, Nadia, and Anthony made bottom 3. Ryan then let Anthony go back.

Mikalah got the boot over Nadia!!!  =]/

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:19:57 PM »
tan, the picks are locked at riii, when is am/idol next??  _-^    my last game will blow big time!! |(    what is the blonde's name that simon likes?? )_^>