Author Topic: Survivor a travel show  (Read 1878 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor a travel show
« on: March 01, 2005, 12:13:14 PM »
Survivor a travel show
The producer of the hit TV series Survivor says the show gives countries in which it is set huge tourism potential
28feb05

REALITY television god, producer Mark Burnett, would bring his baby, Survivor, back to Australia, if the federal and state governments reached out to him.

Burnett told The Eye he would love to work in Australia again.
"We have governments pitching to us all the time to make the show," he said. "If the federal or state governments made it easy to work, I'd be very, very, interested."

Burnett has filmed one series of the show in Australia - series two.

He said the show had enormous benefits for tourism that governments should take notice of.

"When you think about it, last week, for example, we had 24 million people watching Survivor in the US," Burnett said.

"In Canada, it is the No. 1 show, and it's on in another 60 countries . . . it totally drives tourism."

Survivor Palau on Channel 9 is the 10th season of the show.

Burnett said that while casting the program, he always looked for what he called type A people.

"I simply look for a bunch of leaders who are normally in charge of their peer groups," he said.

"When you push them with all the other leaders, it becomes impossible for there to be just one leader, and that's when the sparks start."

Lead role

BURNETT started auditions for reality show INXS Rockstar in LA last week, and the boys were there, too.

A worldwide search for a potential lead singer is on, with an initial 14 candidates picked.

Burnett said the members of INXS were great blokes.

"We had a private function with my company and they were there and they just got up and played," he said. "They were just brilliant."

Aussie auditions are on Saturday in Sydney. Go to www.inxsrockstar.com for more details.

article link thanks to Survivor Fever
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,12392459%255E28957,00.html

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Survivor a travel show
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 02:57:41 PM »
I loved austrailia ~ too bad they will not let them back