Author Topic: 'Survivor' Host Still Sweet on Berry  (Read 4812 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
'Survivor' Host Still Sweet on Berry
« on: February 13, 2005, 12:14:59 AM »
'Survivor' Host Still Sweet on Berry  >||
(Friday, February 11 02:31 PM)
By Daniel Fienberg
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Jeff Probst has been talking to reporters about different installments of "Survivor" for long enough that he knows all the answers almost without being asked the questions.
He's ready to tell small market press about their competing native sons and daughters. In true Passover style, he's prepared to explain how this "Survivor" is different from all other "Survivors." He's always got a pocketful of hints and teases to keep fans guessing. The newest twist for Probst, though, is getting to chat about his love life.

Probst has been dating 24-year-old Maine resident Julie Berry since some indeterminate time after Berry's run on "Survivor: Vanuatu" came to a close. It has been Probst's first acknowledged romance with a cast member on his CBS reality franchise and from the sound of things, love is still in the air.

It's going great," Probst says. "It's definitely set a new standard for me in terms of what I want from a relationship and I hope that this is the last time I ever consider it. I'm very happy and we have a great time together. She's a sharp woman. She went through a lot early on and it really gave her a lot of wisdom."
Initially, though, Berry's past got her in trouble with Probst. The host admits that during the audition process, Berry's frank discussion of her recent reunion with her biological sister left him cold.

"She got very emotional and I just didn't buy it," notes the 42-year-old Probst. "I didn't know anything about Julie and I was trying to see if she was for real and I kinda said as much. She left the room crying and definitely did not think much of me. I felt badly because I realized that I'd inadvertently hit a sensitive area and didn't intent to, but what I thought as she left is, 'That may be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.'"

Probst takes great pains to mention repeatedly that the romance didn't bloom on Vanuatu and played no role in his interactions with Berry during shooting. They were apart while Probst shot the latest "Survivor" installment in Palau, but he doesn't rule out the possibility that there's every possibility she'd be able to join him on future locations.

"You never know where things are going to lead, but I definitely am in love," he gushes.

"Survivor: Palau" premieres on Thursday, Feb. 17 on CBS.

source~
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271%7C93541%7C1%7C,00.html

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: 'Survivor' Host Still Sweet on Berry
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 04:04:47 AM »
Cool article! Tks puddin! {^[  I'm happy for Jeff & hope it works out for him.  It didn't say whether Julie is in love with HIM tho. hmmmm....