Author Topic: "Real World" Hits Lone Star State  (Read 6918 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"Real World" Hits Lone Star State
« on: December 30, 2004, 12:39:17 AM »
"Real World" Hits Lone Star State
Wednesday December 22 5:15 PM ET

By Sarah Hall

The original reality show is making its way down to the Lone Star State.

A music-driven season 16 of MTV's The Real World will begin production in Austin early next year, the network and city officials announced Tuesday.

"Austin is one of the most dynamic and diverse cities in the United States," said Lois Curren, executive vice president of MTV Series Entertainment, in a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

"As the live music capital of the nation and home to a thriving college community, Austin is the perfect backdrop for The Real World's 16th season."

Previous seasons of The Real World have taken place in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Miami, Boston, Seattle, Hawaii, New Orleans, Chicago, Las Vegas, Paris and San Diego.

Season 15, shot in Philadelphia, is currently airing on MTV, and has earned strong ratings for the network. The season finale is set for Feb. 22.

The 14th season, shot in San Diego, was the highest rated season in Real World history, proving that the franchise is still going strong.

The series, which debuted in New York in 1992, features a group of late teens and early 20-somethings living together for four months and having every aspect of their life captured on film "to find out what happens when they stop being polite and start getting real."

In past seasons, "getting real" has entailed everything from physical contact of a friendly nature to physical contact of a violent nature. Feelings have been hurt, hearts have been broken, eating disorders have gone into overdrive...all in the name of good television.

Now, the latest group of camera-hungry strangers is preparing to set off on a televised adventure, unmindful of the utter humiliation almost guaranteed to ensue in months to come, when their respective significant others and grandmothers tune in to their MTV-edited hijinks.

(Our advice to all Real Worlders: yes, there are cameras in the bedrooms! Don't pretend you were never warned.)

"They say everything is bigger and better in Texas, and The Real World is no exception," said Jon Murray, creator and executive producer of The Real World and president of Bunim-Murray Productions.

"Our Austin cast may be the best we've ever assembled, and I know they're going to feel right at home in this vibrant city."

Austin's mayor, Will Wynn, was enthusiastic about his city playing host to MTV's latest gaggle of hot-tub hopping, booze-swilling, loft-living strangers picked to have their lives taped.

"MTV has discovered what we all know, that Austin is a great place to live, work and play. We have a spectacular quality of life, particularly if you're young, energetic, educated, driven, and have a passion for the outdoors and live music," Wynn said in a statement.

"I'm excited about the opportunity to showcase our city to viewers around the world."

The Real World: Austin is set to debut in June.
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20041222/110376450000.html

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: "Real World" Hits Lone Star State
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 03:28:09 AM »
Why couldn't they go to Houston so Tex could crash the show?  :)*
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 02:22:25 PM »
 **:)** she probably will  :)* ..Where is our Texan anyway ?  :':')

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 06:43:15 PM »
 :\/ I saw a couple of post from her, so I know she is back, but haven't heard anything in awhile.

OH, TEXAN! Where are you?

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 10:42:06 PM »
In Texas????

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 05:19:27 AM »
 :)*

She might have gone out of the country again?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 02:28:50 PM »
 :':') this isn't like our texan..I hope everything is OK  :\/

Texan.......we miss you  **:)**

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 05:21:25 PM »
Maybe she is lying low until Survivor starts back up.  :\/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 05:24:41 PM »
No thats not like her ? Shes here almost everyday except the weekends  :( . Maybe its because of the Holidays and all  :\/ ? or maybe she ran away with Papabear ..hes been MIA too  ;;) ?

Offline tjhfr

• No Posts Yet :(
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 03:47:38 PM »
Ohhh I can't wait for the new season of RW I have watched from the very first season..San Fran was my fave by far....

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 12:34:02 AM »
I haven't watched this show in a loooonnngg time. Some friends keep telling me to catch it. Maybe since this one is in Texas, I'll check it out. Anyone know when it starts?

Offline tjhfr

• No Posts Yet :(
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 12:07:56 AM »
well phili is about to end and they have the challenge comming up so my guess is a month or 2 I would say at the latest mid april?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: "Real World" Hits Lone Star State ~ Cast
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 11:36:37 AM »
Thanks to Batts at realityTv http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID50/534.shtml

Cowgirl 1 Melinda a 21 year old beauty, an ugly duckling turned swan and aspiring dentist. She says she will try anything once..

Cowgirl 2 Rachel ... sexy and libidinous, Iraqi war veteran, age 21 and from Philly.... will she remain loyal to her boyfriend?

Cowgirl 3 Johanna 21.. stunning, highly motivated and fiery Peruvian who moved to the U.S. when she was only 13. Does she know how to get whatever she wants?

Cowgirl 4 Lacy... an anachronism, was sheltered fron TV, movies, music and dancing while growing up in Florida.

Cowboy 1 Nehemiah a charismatic graduate from the school of hard knocks, seeks friends and a better life...

Cowboy 2 Wes .... is 20, fratboy, jock, super competitive, bright guy with an entrepreneurial future. Will this be the guy we love to hate?

Cowboy 3 Danny... die hard Bostonian sensitive and humble, isnt sure he ever wants to leave home.... But can we change his mind?

wow... how interesting! A see through bathroom door! Looks like with a push of a button they can change the door from clear to frosted
(for privacy...... yeah right...... lol)

notice the pic of the indoor pool?

notice the 'Olhausen pooltable' ?

notice the pic of the fancy bed... and the bed in front of the 'lazy eye window' that I posted a pic of in the previous spoiler thread?

OK..... sorry for the lack of pictures... tried to download them but I get an error message script error they exceed size somethin or other. .... I will try to crop them tonite as of right now, I'm out of time , and my camera phone needs recharged...... but I promise pics soon!!! 

When Batts is able to get pics I will let you know.  Funny thing it is in the austin paper/magazine but not on MTV's website.   Austin is only 2 hours drive you think I could be an extra on the show?  Older, out of shape extra  ]][

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 11:03:04 AM »
I have seent he pics that Batts talked about...looks like it will be a cool house.  The magazine lady does not want her pictures posted . . . .Bathroom looks cool.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 11:13:22 AM by Texan_Survivor »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Real World Lone Star Cast pics
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 11:12:21 AM »
thanks to batts at realitytvworld.com  http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID50/534.shtml

The real worlders are at the Hilton today! I guess they moved out of the house for now....... Hope these pics come out for you ok......

« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 11:18:18 AM by Texan_Survivor »