Author Topic: Eliza regains weight, composure  (Read 13278 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Eliza regains weight, composure
« on: December 14, 2004, 06:34:24 PM »
{ I couldn't pass up posting an Eliza Article..neener neener  88)) }

Eliza regains weight, composure
Tuesday, December 14, 2004
By William LaRue
Staff writer

Eliza Orlins says she has gained back her weight and lost her anger.

The 21-year-old senior at Syracuse University says she has regained the 20 pounds she dropped this summer competing on the CBS-TV reality show "Survivor: Vanuatu Islands of Fire."

And she says she's no longer ticked off at anyone, including Chris Daugherty, who won the $1 million first prize on Sunday's finale in a 5-2 vote by other contestants.

Eliza says she now realizes he did the smart thing when he promised he would join her to vote off Twila Tanner, the eventual first runner-up. He instead aligned with Twila and finalist Scout Cloud Lee in voting off Eliza, who finished fourth out of 18 contestants competing on the South Pacific island of Vanuatu.

"If Chris had told me the truth ... I would have tried to change things. I would have stirred stuff up," Eliza says. "But I was so blinded by my hatred of Twila at the time that when he said, Oh, we're going to vote out Twila. We're going to vote out Twila,' you know, I didn't look past the fact that maybe he wasn't telling the truth."

Eliza, whose family lives in the Washington, D.C., area, says she expects to graduate in May from SU with a dual major in international relations and political science, with a minor in Chinese. She says she has applied to law schools in several other cities.

In a telephone interview Monday morning from Los Angeles, the location of the show’s reunion, Eliza talked in detail about her experiences on "Survivor."

Q Where did you go after Sunday night’s show?

A There was a big after-party at the CBS studio here. And then I had to be back at the studio at 4:30 (a.m.) for (network news program) "The Early Show."

Q How many hours of sleep did you get?

A About two. Maybe.

Q How are you doing physically now?

A Oh, I’m back to normal completely.

Q It looked like you lost a lot of weight while you were on the island.

A I did lose a lot of weight. I think I lost about 20 pounds. For someone who, uh, didn’t even weigh that much to begin with, it was a lot.

Q What was your overall strategy going into this, if you had one?

A You have these ideas of how it’s going to be, what you’re going to do when you get out there. I’ve never missed an episode of "Survivor." I thought I was just on top of it.

And then you get out there and you just have to adapt and change, get to know the people and see how they’re reacting to you, and then just change your strategy as you go. So you can’t really have one set strategy.

Q You were portrayed on the show as kind of a chatterbox who didn’t do a lot of chores. Was that part of your game strategy?

A Well, you know what? We were barely eating as it was. And for them (other contestants) to lug wood around all morning on the day of a challenge when we knew we had a big challenge coming up — you know, I did a little bit. It wasn’t like I did nothing.

But I wasn’t going to waste all my energy doing that, because winning the challenges was important to me and, you know, I won a lot of challenges (including one for a Pontiac G6 automobile). And I was really proud of how I performed.

Q Were you as talkative as you were portrayed?

A You know, it’s hard because you’re only seeing (on TV) a very small fraction of what happened. Maybe there were times when I talked more than I should have. But I think I did tone it down and people grew to like me, even though maybe it didn’t show.

Q What was your reaction Sunday night as you watched your final tribal speech (in which Eliza angrily accused both Chris and Twila of lying and being deceptive)?

A Oh, gosh. I don’t regret anything I said, because that’s how I felt at the time. I was very angry. ... I was very hurt and I expressed it by kind of ripping into them verbally. But, you know, now it’s calmed down, and there are no hard feelings. I’m not harboring animosity toward anyone.

Q Had you won the final two immunity challenges, as Chris did, do you think you would have walked away with the $1 million?

A I’m not sure. I’m really not.

Q You would have probably brought Twila into the final two with you, wouldn’t you?

ANo. I don’t think I could have. Because I wouldn’t have wanted to see her get the $100,000 (first runner-up prize), even if I thought I couldn’t beat the other person.

I think that I should have probably made a final-two alliance with Scout, because I think I could have beaten Scout in the final-two situation.

Q When you watched the show this fall back on campus, were there any big surprises for you, things you didn’t know had happened until you saw the show?

A Not really. You pretty much knew what people were saying about you behind your back. You knew who liked you and who didn’t. You know, it still hurt to see Ami, Julie and Leann decide to vote against me, because those are good friends of mine.

Q You’ve been a longtime fan of the show. Was the experience being on the show pretty much what you expected?

A No. You cannot anticipate what the show is going to be like. I mean, watching every season, seeing every previous challenge, knowing everyone’s strategies — it’s different with the different people. It’s never the same.

Q Were you able to concentrate on your studies this fall while everything with "Survivor" was going on?

A Sometimes it was hard. I really never got any studying done on Thursday nights (when "Survivor" episodes aired). But I was able to get my work done and get it done on time. ... I think my grades will be just as good this semester as other semesters.

I think it’s a little bit easier on a college campus than other places, because college students just say, "Oh, that’s the girl from ‘Survivor’ and she’s just a student like us and we’re going to respect her privacy."

Q Are you going to be out making public appearances and taking advantage of opportunities as other "Survivor" contestants have done?

A Oh, definitely. Definitely. But not yet. Nobody was allowed to talk to me until after I got off the show. So I haven’t heard from anyone yet.

Q If they asked you back for another "Survivor," would you do it?

A In a heartbeat. I love the game of "Survivor." And, you know, I don’t think I would be satisfied with anything but the title of sole survivor.

I love the challenges. I love everything about it, the interpersonal relationships. I just want to challenge myself again and see if I could play even better than I did.

© 2004 The Post-Standard. Used with permission.

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-8/1098348941281402.xml

surviordude_JT

Re: Eliza regains weight, composure
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 08:54:16 PM »
Oh man she did lose alot of weight & that thing that she did with her shoulderblades.......ewwww  **0

Riverrat

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 10:50:15 PM »
LOL 2 JT  :()()

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 03:22:35 AM »
Q Are you going to be out making public appearances and taking advantage of opportunities as other "Survivor" contestants have done?

?:)? I hear Playboy calling!  **:)**
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Riverrat

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 11:06:41 PM »
Playboy?????? Calling Eliza?????? huh uh. Maybe Twiggy magazine. She don't got no boobs to show off. Just sholder blades.  :()()

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 11:20:44 PM »
OMG River ..for a tiny frame shes got big boobies ..at least thats what my BF thinks ..giggles  Even her mom was well built .

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 11:23:57 PM »
LOL!!!!! :()()
I TOTALLY AGREE W/ YOUR BF!!!!!
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 03:52:13 AM »
Oh yes! Eliza does have descent size boobies! Her bathing suit top wasn't as flattering as Ami's was.

Riverrat

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 06:40:10 AM »
Ok shes got boobs but the rest of her doesn't match. hehe she don't got no hips. :()()

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 12:51:42 PM »
The hips will come with time. She did have a nice stomach.

:()() I can't believe after making fun of Eliza all season  ?:), here we are discussing her assets.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 06:01:24 AM by chakeeta33 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 09:38:15 PM »
You started it chakeeta  ;)

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 06:04:00 AM »
damn red x.  |:( I will have to fix that.

You started it chakeeta

did I?  8-)'

Riverrat

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 09:25:55 AM »
yes you did.  (#)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 12:56:08 PM »
 ?:)? Third times the charm chakeeta :)* I see an X

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 10:37:59 PM »
Man I'm going to Miss Eliza does anyone have any photos of her at the reunion?  She looked HOT!
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 05:48:14 AM »
?:)? Third times the charm chakeeta :)* I see an X

I don't see it on mine!  ?:)?

Did you get this one Cecil? It was when her mom visited. She looks good with her hair down.

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 03:16:49 PM »
No I didn't have that one and your right she does.  Cherrs Chakeeta.
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 02:25:39 AM »
No problem, man!  *()*