Author Topic: EP 12 Recap~ QUEEN OVERTHROWN: AMI VOTED OUT  (Read 5253 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 12 Recap~ QUEEN OVERTHROWN: AMI VOTED OUT
« on: December 02, 2004, 11:59:35 PM »
QUEEN OVERTHROWN: AMI VOTED OUT
A whole new alliance reigns at Alinta, and they're taking no prisoners. Seeking vindication is a new pact consisting of Chris Daugherty, the 33-year-old highway construction worker from South Vienna, Ohio, Eliza Orlins, the 21-year-old pre-law student from Syracuse, New York, Twila Tanner, the 41-year-old highway repair worker from Marshall, Missouri and Scout Cloud Lee, the 59-year-old rancher/entrepreneur from Stillwater, Oklahoma. The new regime sacrificed Ami Cusack, the 31-year-old barista from Lakewood, Colorado, due to her position as queen of the previous alliance. Viewed as arrogant, Ami had made many enemies during her long reign, which came back to haunt her as she suffered the four-to-two decision that dethroned her. After watching host Jeff Probst snuff her torch, Ami remarked, "My integrity is still complete, and I can't say that for all the people on the tribe still."

"ON MY SON'S NAME"
After returning from Tribal Council in which Twila and Scout betrayed their long-standing alliance, Ami was furious. Incredulous at the deception, Ami had very strong words for Twila, who didn't back down. Because Twila had sworn on her son's name, Ami made it clear that she could never believe or even respect Twila again. "We've overthrown the queen and the little princess," Twila gloated. "People like that just piss me off because they think they're so better than every- freakin'-body else. We have the power now. I have a great mind sometimes. I love it."

REWARD CHALLENGE: BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
As the tribe convened for the Reward Challenge, Jeff Probst surprised them all by driving up in a brand new Pontiac G-6. He explained that the new car would be the Reward for the Survivor who came in first place. The second- and third-place finishers would join the winner on a road trip to a resort, where all three would enjoy a night complete with a hot shower and all the food they could eat.

For this Challenge, the Survivors must race across a floating water obstacle course involving outrigger canoes, platforms, walkway planks and balance beams and retrieve flags, which they must bring back to shore. The first to bring all three flags back to shore wins.

The Challenge started off in a flurry as Ami and Chris jumped out to the lead while Scout fell quickly behind. By the time Ami captured her first flag, she was trailed closely by Eliza, with Chris and Julie Berry, the 23-year-old youth mentor from Gorham, Maine in a tie for third. With Twila and Scout all but out of the competition, Ami held the lead as she grabbed her second flag, with Eliza close behind. Julie and Chris were very close in competition for the coveted third spot. Ami and Eliza were neck and neck as they both secured their third and final flag.

Just as she was bringing her final flag home, Ami fell into the water and could only watch as Eliza placed her third on the post, which won her the G-6. Ami easily came in second place, with the coveted third spot coming down to Chris and Julie. In a dead tie, Chris asked Julie how badly she wanted it. Julie let on that she wanted it bad, to which Chris replied, "Me too." With that, Chris pressed on and took home the last spot. Eliza won the car, with Ami and Chris joining her for the overnight night Reward.

SPA VANUATU
Elated, Eliza drove Chris and Ami in her Pontiac G-6 through the Vanuatu landscape en route to the resort. When they arrived, the three Survivors were thrilled to take hot showers, have their clothing washed and lie on real beds. Stealing away from Chris, Ami apologized to Eliza for voting for her at the last Tribal Council. After Chris joined them on the beach, the three lounged and enjoyed a beautiful mandolin serenade performed by a troupe of Vanuatu women. Eliza proclaimed the experience "the best reward ever."

FRUSTRATION AND FEAR
Meanwhile, back at camp, the mood wasn't so festive. Fifty-nine-year-old Scout was frustrated with her inability to compete in the physical challenges, while Twila worried that Ami might use her Reward time to recruit Eliza back into her fold: "Ami is going to smooth-talk Eliza tonight. Will it work? I pray to God it don't."

REFRESHED…
After enjoying a big delicious meal at the spa, Ami gave Chris and Eliza the advice that they should break Twila and Scout's pact. Skeptical Chris didn't have any interest in what Ami had to say. Chris worriedly reiterated his plan to Eliza: "Final Four and look at our competition: a 60-year-old and Twila. Why don't they just get the checks out now?"

...BUT REUNITED?
Retiring to their comfortable bed completely revitalized, Ami urged Eliza to consider the fact that she had saved Eliza numerous times by swaying the alliance to vote someone else off. Eliza took that to heart, saying that it would be hard for her to write down Ami's name. "Ami's been like a big sister to me out here," she admitted.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: ISLAND HOPPING
As the tribe converged for the Immunity Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that this competition required precision. The members of Alinta were given six metal discs to play a three-dimensional version of shuffleboard. On the board was a relief map of the islands of Vanuatu. The object of the game was to land as many discs as possible onto the islands. A Castaway could also use their disc to knock other discs off the island target. The player with the most discs on the islands by the end wins Immunity.

The competition started out with Eliza, Ami, and Julie each hitting the target. As the battle raged on, Ami, Chris and Twila shared the lead, while Eliza trailed. With Chris and Ami locked in a tie, Ami had a chance to win with her final toss. In an incredibly crushing twist, Ami's disc knocked one of her own discs off the island target, reducing her score by one and handing Chris the surprise victory and all-important Immunity.

STAY LOYAL OR DRAW ROCKS
Shortly after returning from the Immunity Challenge, Yasur alliance stalwarts Julie and Ami knew they were on the chopping block. Worried she couldn't trust Twila or Scout, Eliza was concerned about sticking with her current pact of four. As a last resort, Ami tried to use Eliza's concern to pry her apart from Chris, Twila and Scout. Chris and Twila discussed the possibility of Eliza rejoining Julie and Ami, which would result in a tie. "If voting again did not break the tie, the two being voted for, I think, would get Immunity. And the rest of us would pull rocks, and whoever drew a colored rock goes home. So Eliza could mess things up real bad," explained Chris.

In the end, nobody had to pull a rock. Eliza sided with her alliance of Chris, Twila and Scout to vote out Ami in a four-to-two decision. Ami became the thirteenth Castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: VANUATU and the forth to serve on the Jury, which will ultimately decide who will be Sole Survivor and take home the million-dollar prize.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 12 Recap~ QUEEN OVERTHROWN: AMI VOTED OUT
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 08:19:27 AM »
puddin, I haven't gone back to read all the recaps, but the most recent  two have been very nicely done.  If you write them, kudos to you (and if not, kudos anyway for posting).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 08:54:20 AM »
 **0 I wish that I could write like that rmax  :)* Thanks anyway . The recaps are copied from CBS .
We do have a writer here , Trevor . He's the best at doing recaps  *()*. You could find his column on the News page here   News Page Link  or in my signature , he also does a fabulous job of recapping TAR, we are lucky to have him   :)()

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 10:14:19 AM »
Oh thanks!  Shows that I hardly ever go to the CBS site anymore.  I'll have to check out Trevor in News....

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 12:34:04 PM »
Thanks for the compliment puddin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 01:02:20 PM »
Scout pissed and moaned about not being able to compete.  :':') And yet on a IC that required no physical effort, she still had the worst showing.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 08:23:05 PM »
Thanks for the compliment puddin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your welcome Trevor   ;;) Your welcome too rmax  ;;)
chakeeta, Scout  doesn't have to win any challenges ..with the way this season is going she will probably win the million $  :()()

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Alpha Female Ami Ousted on 'Survivor'
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 09:19:57 PM »
Alpha Female Ami Ousted on 'Survivor'

Associated Press

NEW YORK - The queen of the all-female alliance on CBS' "Survivor: Vanuatu - Islands of Fire" has been dethroned. Last week, part of the alliance mutinied after Twila Tanner initiated a voting bloc with the game's lone remaining male, Chris Daugherty. On Thursday's episode, the alliance's leader, Ami Cusack, was voted off the show.

"Last night, I beat up every pillow in my hotel room," Cusack told The Associated Press during a phone interview Friday. "It was so frustrating. I believed so much in Twila. I was doing the `Braveheart' deal. We were going to the death."

Lea "Sarge" Masters and James "Chad" Crittenden, male victims of the alliance and now jury members, told the AP upon their dismissals that Cusack was a "man-hater" and "anti-man."

"I love men. I have a few friends who know some men," Cusack said jokingly.

The 31-year-old model and coffee barista could have been potentially saved by Eliza Orlins, a tribe mate she befriended.

"She talks so much," Cusack said. "But she gave me a lot of information about the game. She has watched every episode, every season. She is amazing when it comes to understanding the history and the game of `Survivor.' It was nice having someone to explain it because I had never seen the show."

That's right. The so-called mastermind behind the powerful female alliance, who had applied to be on "The Amazing Race" but was asked to do "Survivor" instead, had never seen one episode from any of the eight previous seasons.

ON THE NET
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/10331658.htm

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »
Wow, I never knew she hadn't watched Survivor. She played really well for having never seen it. No wonder she didn't cover all her bases at the end.

I wonder who she was going on TAR with?  ?:):)* Ami and Chrissy would have run over everyone. They were probably to nice to each other to make TAR.

chakeeta, Scout doesn't have to win any challenges ..with the way this season is going she will probably win the million $

:()()  ?:) NOOOOO...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 07:10:27 PM »
whisper whisper  :\/  :':') now that would be a surprise  :)*

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 01:44:45 AM »
puddin, how can you even entertain that notion? Stop trying to feed me such ridiculous thoughts.  :(*8 Unless of course you know something.  ;)

:)*