Author Topic: Highlights of Leann Slaby's Early Show Interview  (Read 5808 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Highlights of Leann Slaby's Early Show Interview
« on: November 26, 2004, 11:22:38 AM »
Thanks to Survivor Fever~

Highlights of Leann Slaby's
Early Show Interview

Julie Chen:  Leann Slaby, good morning.
Leann:  Good morning.
Julie Chen:  Probably the most shocking of this season.
Leann:  Isn't it great?  <laughs>
Julie Chen:  Well, I'm surprised to hear you say that it was great.
Leann:  It wasn't great at the time that's for sure.
Julie Chen:   Yeah, what did you think when it came down to the final vote, we had...first of all...watching at home, we all thought it was going to be Chris because he was the last guy.  All of a sudden Eliza is getting all these votes and it comes down to the final one that it's you, what did you think?
Leann:  Well as soon as I saw my name for the first time I thought something went terribly wrong.  Because I wasn't part of the mix at all, I shouldn't have come up at all.   Honestly it should have been, we talked about it and last night it kinda looked as though it was my idea that we vote Eliza rather than Chris.  It was a group decision and I knew from the beginning that Scout and Twila couldn't stand Eliza so they wanted to get her off every single opportunity they could, so this time we decided...we all decided... let's keep Chris around because Eliza does nothing.  The smaller the numbers there are, the more help we need around camp.   Let's keep him around for one more round.  There is not mention of anything else and everybody was cool with that and Scout and Twila thought "great, finally we can get rid of Eliza".  And then just out of nowhere.

Julie Chen:  And Twila swore on his son's life.
Leann:  Well that's what threw me the most, I think.  I was over-confident, but I was confident because I had the word and the strong relationships with these people that I thought were going to follow through and when Twila swore...I was a little skeptical about Twila but when she swore on his son, I thought, "okay, well, I'll take that".
Julie Chen:  So why do you think they targeted you?
Leann:  I think they saw Ami and I as a pair and umm...
Julie Chen:  Which is true.  You had on  your side, Ami and Julie.  They were shocked when they saw their alliance done.
Leann:  Yes, they were definitely shocked.  I was a little confused at first about who it was that switched on me.  Because Ami was in front of me and when the last name was called and it was me, she didn't turn around and look at me.  So I was like "whoa that girl turned on me".  But I realized that she never would have and I figured it was Twila.  I think they probably would have targeted Ami if she hadn't won immunity.
 Julie Chen:  Here's what you said at Tribal Council last night, a quote, when Jeff Probst was asking you about how come you didn't play harder at the Immunity Challenge, your friend Terri of 30 years comes on the island, you said:  "I didn't tell her it was like life or death for me. I didn't feel like it was.
Leann:  <laughs>  Isn't that just funny?
Julie Chen:  You were probably the only team that looked like you were just enjoying this immunity challenge.  Not taking it seriously.
Leann:  That just cracks me up.
Julie Chen:  You're laughing!
Leann:  It was funny. You know what, having her out there, was just the coolest thing in the world, you know.  And of course I wanted to win but I didn't think, you know it wasn't me.  We had a plan, we had a plan and I was sure of it.  That was my downfall, I was too sure of it.  But because of the plan and because everything was in place, I had fun with it.  It was great seeing her.  I loved it.  We're just a couple of dorks who couldn't do very well at that challenge.
Julie Chen:  Well at least you seem like you have a good outlook on this and we're not going to forget that you are on the jury now so Leann Slaby, we'll see how you vote at the end as we are closing in on the end of this

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: Highlights of Leann Slaby's Early Show Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 01:47:47 PM »
Leann did have the best attitude about it. She is so giddy. I don't know who I am going to chuckle at now that she is gone.   :'(
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 08:43:16 PM »
chakeeta..I never really cared for Leann one way or the other but, after watching her Insider Video on CBS  ..she really seems to be a nice person. It's to bad that MB didn't give her better editing because to me she came off as one of Eliza's evil stepsisters as in Cinderella  :D

Leann, the Day After
The morning after being voted out of the tribe, Leann takes stock of her situation in life and her time on the island
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/index.shtml

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 04:17:36 AM »
Why didn't Julie Chen ask Leann who she thought would win it? She has asked to every other person I have seen on the early show.

Why would Leann want to clarify that voting Eliza off was a group decision, not hers?

It's to bad that MB didn't give her better editing because to me she came off as one of Eliza's evil stepsisters as in Cinderella

puddin-Eliza? Did you mean Ami?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 12:49:56 PM »
Of course Ami is one of the evil stepsisters .. in my mind Leann was portrayed as one too ..as well as Julie .

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 12:42:26 AM »
Okay...just please do not tell me Chris is the "prince charming."  :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 01:46:11 PM »
Yes he is LOL ..He rescued Eliza and will take her to the Finale Ball  and Twila I guess would be her fairy God Mother  ;D

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 02:11:32 PM »
Lol...who will do Twila's hair and make-up?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 03:43:04 PM »
Maybe Ami. LOL!  Wasn't it Ami who offered to braid Twila's hair!?

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 11:02:35 PM »
LOL! It was Ami that suggested it to Twila, but I don't remember ever seeing anything on who actually did the braiding.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 11:14:56 PM »
LOL! It was Ami that suggested it to Twila, but I don't remember ever seeing anything on who actually did the braiding.

Nope...it wasn't shown, but obviously, her hair got braided. 
One of the games puddin & I play asked the question, "Does Twila get her hair braided?".  Of course we both said Yes...but they said the answer was NO.  We were p'od .  I was gonna complain, but never did. 

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 11:39:15 PM »
How could they say "no?" I am sure you could have presented photographic evidence. Do not tell me the game was through CBS!  |:(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 12:57:09 AM »
NO ..lol even though you would think that it would be CBS it was a game called Fantasy Survivor ..the man that runs it sees things as ..well  different than we do  8-)'