Author Topic: EP13 11/28-12/04 issue of TVGuide describes that week's "Redemption"RC  (Read 8913 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I saw this at jokersupdate.. I can't find the info in my TV Guide ..But, I thought I would post it ..it may very well be describing EP12 RC
badmonkey

Reged: 08/16/02

Not a spoiler but the 11/28-12/04 issue of TVGuide describes that week's "Redemption" reward challenge
11/20/04 02:04 PM  Edit Reply Quote

This one builds it's elements from earlier this season to see if players have learned anything. Step 1 is Crawl Through Mud (more mud than the first time), Step 2 Grab a Pig, Step 3 Solve a Tiki Puzzle, Step 4 Walk a Balance Beam (it's wider this time), and Step 5 Shoot a Slingshot (if players aren't hitting the target after 10 minutes, they'll be allowed to move closer). Just an FYI, hope it was okay to post. 

Found here
http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=SurvivorSpoilers&Number=1501877&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&mrd=1101228856

Edited to change the title of the topic , lets speculate for now that this is indeed EP13 RC due to the new vidcaps for EP12 RC posted in Spoilers/Clues/Speculation EP12 ..puddin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 06:51:47 PM by puddin »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: EP12 11/28-12/04 issue of TVGuide describes that week's "Redemption"RC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 12:28:22 PM »
Thanks puddin.

If this is true, then we know Eliza (grab a pig) or Chris and Scout (walk a beam) will not win.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 02:13:37 PM »
Is this for this week, I thought everyone has said it is family?  IF it is next week, I can see Ami winning this.

Riverrat

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 02:21:47 PM »
Chris has been practicing his balance problem.  :()() He took crawling lessons from Scout.

If this is true, then we know Eliza (grab a pig) or Chris and Scout (walk a beam) will not win.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 02:27:46 PM »
Well I did tno see the merge episode, but didn't they have to cross a balance beam....and did Chris fall off?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
More From Survivor Fever
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 07:11:17 PM »
WOOHOO Survivor Fever posted more about  the TV Guide article  **:)**

http://www.survivorfever.net/tvg_superchallenge.html

Inside Survivor: Vanuatu's Episode 12 Reward Challenge: "Redemption"
(TV Guide 11.28.04)
Warning:  Show spoilers in this article.  If you do not wish to read spoilers please return the Survivor: Vanuatu page

View Enlarged Image

Survivor tribe members thinking that once through the mud was enough had better think again.  This week's [Episode 12, airdate: Thursday, December 2, 2004] "Redemption" reward challenge builds in elements from earlier this season to see if players have learned anything.  How tough is it?  Producer John Kirhoffer gave [TV Guide] a sneak peek - including the supersecret sketch - at just what the players will face - (Linda Holmes, TV Guide)

Redemption Challenge Overview
View Enlarged Image

Step 1  -  Crawl Through Mud
The 18-member "Dream Team" used to test the challenges thought that the first mud crawl was too easy.  So truckloads of dirt were brought in to make the mud, um, muddier.  And vertical sticks were added for a deeper slither in the muck.

Step 2  -  Grab a Pig
Borrowed from local residents, the pigs were marked so they could be returned to their rightful owners after taping.  And since the show is bound by specific animal-handling guidelines, pig throwing is out and gentle tossing of the swine into their stinky pens is in.  Which is too bad, says Kirhoffer.  "We had so much fun with the pig catching.  And we've never hurt an animal on Survivor - well except for the pig that got killed in Australia, but that was different."  [Player Michael Skupin slaughtered a wild boar for food.]

Step 3  -  Solve a Tiki Puzzle
For this part of the challenge, a local carver made several identical 5-foot-tall tikis that the show's art department later turned into puzzles.  "They drilled a hole down the middle then chopped them up into five or six pieces," Kirhoffer says.

Step 4  -  Walk a Balance Beam
After players decided to crawl instead of walk across the too-narrow balance beam in the September 23 episode, Kirhoffer decided to make this one wider to ensure that players would actually walk the plank.

Step 5  -  Shoot a Slingshot
The store-bought slingshots are dressed up to look rustic.  And since this is the final portion of the challenge, the stunt is designed to avoid what Kirhoffer calls "total mission failure."  So if players aren't hitting the target after 10 minutes, they'll be allowed to move closer.  "We've gotta go home for dinner," he says.

'Redemption' Challenge - More Details
Has 5 'stages'

- Stage #1 has 5 lanes thru the mud crawl...only first 4 to finish crawl advance to stage #2.

- Stage #2 has 4 pigs to catch "Pig Sty-10 piglets, 4 marked for catching, rest are decoys" . So each of the 4 contestants at this point has to catch 1 pig. Only first 3 to get a pig into pig pen advance to stage #3.

- Stage #3 has 3 puzzle poles (5ft tall) to assemble tiki puzzles composed of 5-6 pieces. Only first 2 to finish advance to stage #4.

- Stage #4 has a 10' ladder climb to 2 balance beams (5 inches wide) over a 30'x60' cargo net. Both competitors advance to stage #5.

- Stage #5 has 2 shooting tables each with high powered slingshots and ammo. Targets are 2 towers holding 3 tiles, counterweighted pulley system raises fire to to wok atop tower.

- Winner is first person (of remaining two contestants) to light wok.

- Prize is an automobile?

Typically during the Episode 12 Super Challenge, Survivors compete for a vehicle prize.  The winner of this challenge will be awarded a Pontiac G6

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 07:15:08 PM »
Well I did tno see the merge episode, but didn't they have to cross a balance beam....and did Chris fall off?

Im going to watch it right now Texan...
It was edited ..Chris & Ami went out ,Ami was ahead , we never saw Chris on the balance beam
I think Chris only went out once..in Survivor Live John Kenney said that he & Jules went out the most for their teams as the others dumped there juice to go to the back of the line to let the faster ones go ahead of them .. just to note , Eliza was FAST !

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 07:40:57 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 10:18:19 PM »
Read this ,just to add to the confusion ~
EP12 challenge or EP13 ??  
The drawing was for the design of the challenge, and it shows lanes for 5 competitors in the Mud Crawl (part 1), and 3 pig pens for the 3 winners of the 4 competitors of the Pig Grab (part 2), and 3 Tikis for the 3 competitors of the Tiki Puzzle (part 3), and 2 Balance Beams for the last two competitors (part 4). There were only 5 competitors to start with.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 09:28:25 AM »
The mud crawl will favor the smaller people...Julie and Eliza...Ami did well int eh pig challenge I can see her getting by and Ami and Eliza are good at the puzzles... i think if they can get past the mud and pig the fianl 2 will be Eliza and Ami

One more question...if it is made for 5 competitors...wouldn't ep 12 still have 6?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 09:31:44 AM by Texan_Survivor »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 12:58:26 PM »
One more question...if it is made for 5 competitors...wouldn't ep 12 still have 6?

?:)? Good question. Maybe Scout, having flashbacks, volunteers to sitout? :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 01:17:01 PM »
Maybe Two go this week ..or TV Guide messed up and this Challenge is for EP 13 ? It seems more likely because ..would they really give the car away so early?

LOL @ Scout..she doesn't stand a chance ! I was thinking redemption may have something to do with Eliza and the pigs or Chris and the balance thingy , which to note..they made wider .

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 01:18:48 AM »
WHAT? Two go? No way!  CBS hasn't even hinted at this.

Why would they make the beam wider? They should have given them more of a challenge and made it thinner.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 09:37:16 AM »
I think they may have been full of splinters the first time :)*

Step 4  -  Walk a Balance Beam
After players decided to crawl instead of walk across the too-narrow balance beam in the September 23 episode, Kirhoffer decided to make this one wider to ensure that players would actually walk the plank.

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 11:11:02 AM »
They should have put little nails sticking up out of it this time if they want to ensure that they walk it, ones that will stick up enough to hurt knees but not go through shoes so they can walk it but if they try crawling it would hurt...lol.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

t

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 12:45:08 PM »
 :D Thats so mean BJ  :D
Or  MB made the planks wider because the fix is in and he wants Chris to win the IC ?
To bad we never got a chance to see how he would have done in the slingshot challenge..for what its worth ..he works in a sporting good store .

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2004, 04:46:54 PM »
They should have put little nails sticking up out of it this time if they want to ensure that they walk it, ones that will stick up enough to hurt knees but not go through shoes so they can walk it but if they try crawling it would hurt...lol.

Ewww, didn't Scout scoot (sorry, could resist) across the beam the first time? That means, it would hit her in the... ?:).

Or MB made the planks wider because the fix is in and he wants Chris to win the IC ?
..for what its worth ..he works in a sporting good store .

hehehe...sporting good store! Oh puddin, I did know you were a conspiracy theorist.  :o  ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 08:15:35 PM »
 :()() how about this..prefamily visit Spoilers said that Eliza's boyfriend "Justin" would be at the family reward..turns out that it was Julies friend "Justin " afterall !! :()()

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 01:27:47 PM »
 :()() Where did that info come from?  :()()

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »
I don't recall LOL, and the other rumored visitor was Sarges son , I now wonder if he this wasn't indeed Twila's son ? Did anyone else notice a strong  resemblence between Sarge and Twilas son ?? hmmm  :)X

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2004, 04:38:53 AM »
Did anyone else notice a strong resemblence between Sarge and Twilas son ??

Oh stop it, puddin!  :)* We all know Twila is carrying Sarge's illegitimate child as we speak.  ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP13 11/28-12/04 issue of TVGuide describes that week's "Redemption"RC
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 06:52:49 PM »
EWWWWWWW  :()()

ETA : From what I can tell by the new vidcaps for EP12 's RC , this would almost have to be EP 13's RC ,thats why we see only 5 mud crawl slots , whatever. Cool ..we now know what the RC is for Ep 13 and the reward of course without a doubt is the car .. ;)
The title in TV Guide Inside Survivor: Vanuatu's Episode 12 Reward Challenge: "Redemption"
I cant see this being EP12 IC ..do we ever have back to back physical challenges in one episode? My guess is that EP12's IC is something less physical such as gross food or another Q&A . It's to hard to say without any new vidcaps ??
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 07:23:24 PM by puddin »

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: EP13 11/28-12/04 issue of TVGuide describes that week's "Redemption"RC
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2004, 01:24:47 AM »
I was wondering when and if a food challenge would happen. Aren't they waiting a liitle long to do it? I thought it happened with more Survivors left or possibly even on the loved ones visit. Gees, PI food challenge occurred when they were still two tribes.