Author Topic: TV Guide's Hit & Misses review of the premiere  (Read 3029 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TV Guide's Hit & Misses review of the premiere
« on: November 13, 2004, 11:31:20 PM »
TV Guide's Hit & Misses review of the premiere: ?:)

If you thought Colin was obnoxious in Race's fifth running, get ready for Jonathan, a grating hothead and chronic whiner who constantly berates his poor wife, Victoria, and for no discernable reason considers himself "a mental magician". Can he make himself disappear? The two-hour premiere takes the 11 teams, including a pair of married pro-wrestlers, on a first leg to Iceland. They camp overnight on a glacier and wake to an ice-climbing challenge. With plenty of players to root for and against, TV's best reality show is as thrilling as ever.

Matt Roush's score: 8 (out of 10)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TV Guide's Hit & Misses review of the premiere
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 12:12:27 AM »

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 03:04:23 PM »
Now, that would be a great show if all those suggestions were to be implimented!
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 01:19:03 AM »
thanks for posting the article.  I definitely agree with changing the rules for the roadblocks as this past race had Colin doing all of them.  they should not cut out #3 Ban the bunching otherwise the game would be boring to watch and a favourite team can never recover.  You need the equalizer (that;s what I call bunching up).  In the first episode the final leg was really between two teams as Team Guido screwed up and sure the race was exciting but it was only between two teams.  I actually liked the use of the yield as I was able to watch with delight as Colin and Christie (my least favourite team of all time) squirm, and go nuts as they could not start the task until their time was up.  No, leave that in ..... pleeeeez!!!