Author Topic: Heidi's future blurred at Eldon school after bare-all performance  (Read 9518 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
I just had to post this because I am from a very small town (About 250) and I know how.....how do I put this....oh, yeah, ANAL people in a small town are. This is a perfect reason to never grow up in a small town because they usually suck!
Rob

P.S. Hope you read my notes thru the story!!!!
----------------------------------
Jefferson City resident Heidi Strobel may be faring well on the CBS hit show "Survivor," but some tribal elders in the Mid-Missouri community are discussing her place in the Eldon School District.

Strobel disrobed on national television Wed-nesday night, to the dismay of some supporters in the Eldon community. Strobel, 24, teaches physical education at Eldon Middle School.

Wednesday night's incident, promoted the week prior to the show, didn't take the community completely by surprise.

But its brazen quality did raise the eyebrows of many in the small town -- including School Superintendent Rodney Haley.

"For myself, I'm disappointed in the choices that were made," he said Thursday morning.

Robs note: Yep, sounds like a small town dill-weed to me. LOL. Boy I hope no one reading this is from this small town!!!

Haley declined to say if the situation had already been discussed in a closed school board session Monday, but said he expected it could be discussed by board members in the weeks to come. The board has meetings scheduled for April 9, 14 and 22.

Haley -- who doesn't watch the show -- added it is the board's decision to retain or dismiss personnel.

One member of the school board, John Caine, said he hadn't yet been contacted by the board's president regarding the situation; another declined to discuss the issue, on grounds it is a personnel matter.

Some members of the community reacted to the show with equanimity. One woman whose child attends the school didn't approve, but said little was revealed in the few moments the cameras were focused on Strobel. She didn't believe the event influenced her daughter. "This is the way today's world is," she said.

Robs note: A reasonable person from a small town, NO WAY!!!

An attempt to contact Strobel was unsuccessful.

The incident occurred during one of the show's immunity challenges. The willpower of Strobel, and other JacarŽ tribal members, was tested when they were asked to stand on a precarious four-inch by 12-inch perch.

As they fell or jumped off, contestants were counted out of the game. During their wait, steaming plates of food were offered as temptations to draw them from their perches.

Strobel, along with Jenna Morasca, another contestant, gave in first. The two women made an offer: they would strip in exchange for peanut butter and chocolate.

In an earlier February interview by The Associated Press, her father said he has learned to expect the unexpected from his oldest daughter.

"If there was something she wanted to do, she did it," John Strobel said. "You just have to know the girls. Whatever they do is not a surprise."

This is Strobel's first year teaching at Eldon Middle School. She began teaching in August, before heading to the Amazon in November to tape the show.

She returned to the job in mid-December, but it wasn't until Jan. 14 that CBS revealed the contestants in "Survivor: The Amazon."

A biography on CBS's Web site reveals that Strobel has worked as a sales representative for a lingerie company, as a secretary in a doctor's office, and as a manager of a fireworks company.

Robs note: And they expected her NOT to stip?? Yeah right!

Strobel, whose hometown is Buffalo, Missouri, graduated from Drury University in 2002 with degrees in exercise physiology and physical education.

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
Re:Heidi's future blurred at Eldon school after bare-all performance
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 08:42:29 AM »
Poor Heidi :-\  She will probably get fired now huh?
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 08:49:28 AM »
It is a shame that she will probably be fired.  But she probably knew that and did not plan to stay as a teacher.  I mean come on "she and Jenna are just so cute"  ;)

Plus beinh that she had just started with the school she has not real ties to the school and they could say it was because she was a first year teacher and missed so much time.

Theresa

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 10:48:07 PM »
Cindi did make the comment last week when we watched the show that her stripping would probably cause trouble with her students or their parents.  She made a good comment would you want someone that stipped on national tv teaching your kids.  It might make people wonder about her morals and values.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 09:27:18 AM »
However, it is too bad that a teachers personal life gets in the way of a professional career. I mean, everyone (including teachers) do something that they would not want others to see, she just did it on national TV. I know I saw my teachers get very drunk, and my parents would just be surprised at every Christmas party (because my dad worked at school) how they made fools out of themselves. Just my thoughts!
Rob

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 08:59:21 PM »
Thanks for posting Rob, I enjoyed your comments.  This is a tough call.  I dont think they should fire her for stripping (wasn't it blocked out on tv?) while playing a game.  I know it was on national tv but how many of those small town people really watched the show.  They are making it into a bigger deal than it need be.  Just my opinion.