Author Topic: S9 Ep 10 Spoilers / Speculation / Clues  (Read 15921 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S9 Ep 10 Spoilers / Speculation / Clues
« on: November 03, 2004, 02:09:16 PM »
S9 Ep 10 Title "Culture Shock and Violent Storms"

Courtesy NastyNana @chatter
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 11:08:16 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S9 Ep 10 Title "Culture Shock and Violent Storms"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:32:14 PM »
You never know? Culture Shock?

Posted by Wezzie @ Sucks 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 A quick history lesson courtesy of Dive Vanuatu and Sailaway Cruises. It is rumored that the story of Roymata will be incorporated into Survivor Vanuatu.

Roymata's Grave, Hat Island ( The Island of the Dead)

King Roymata

Chief Roymata was so powerful that he took the title of King. Through sheer personal magnetism, Roymata united the warring and cannibalistic tribes of the area into a unified, peaceful group. But sibling jealousy ended his life when Roymata's brother shot a poison dart into his throat. Roymata did not die quickly, but suffered a lingering malaise. His grieving family and clan carried the dying King around the island of Efate, to say farewell to those whom he had unified. Finally he was taken to the famous Feles Cave on Lelepa Island where he died.

It is then told how he was carried to Devil's Point, the entry to the Underworld, and then through the mystical underwater caverns of Tukutuku to Retoka (Hat Island), where he was interred. Here, many men and women were interred with him, entombed alive.

A seven hundred year long tabu, on pain of death had been placed on Retoka Island, more commonly known as Hat Island. No one lived there and few plucked up the courage to sleep, or even go there, despite its wealth of turtle eggs and abundant fish life. Hat was know as the Island of the Dead, a ghost island.

In 1967, French archeologist Jose Garanger offered to search for the grave of Roymata to determine if he was a real, or mythological figure. The chiefs of Lelepa, equally curious, gave their blessing on condition that the grave be returned to its original state after investigation.

The burial site was surprisingly easy to find. Two rock slabs, like tombstones, at the base of a large white wood tree were located in a natural 'clearing' only 100m from the beach, on the north west side of the small island. Oral tradition held that no tree or bush would ever grow over the site of Roymata's grave; that holds true today.

In an area 20m x 10m, the archeological team dug down less than a metre before uncovering skeletons. As bones were uncovered, it quickly became evident that a mass burial had most certainly taken place. Forty seven skeletons were unearthed, radio carbon dating placing their time of death at between 1250-1300 A.D.

It must have been a grand event. Hundreds of mourners had accompanied Roymata to his final resting place. Forty six were never to leave. Traditionally, when a prominent chief died he required the company of his family and supporters to join him in his journey to the subterranean nether world. At least one of his wives must go; Roymata was reputed to have had ten. Also on the sacrificial hit list were the very old, incurably sick or incapacitated, children whose mothers had died in childbirth and lesser chiefs' wives where a daughter had died, sick witch doctors and wives of dead sorcerers'. From a practical standpoint, it was a general clearing out of economically unproductive people, and those who may have caused the deaths of others - black magic being the most common form of death in the islands.

For the men, being buried alive followed the ritual kava ceremony. On this occasion, the kava would have been laced with a soporific poison. But women were not allowed to drink kava, so they were either bravely buried alive, or strangled with a cord and laid out beside their husbands. All were orientated towards the southwest, so their spirits entered the dry 'country of the dead' out from Devil's Point.

Roymata's arms were ringed with valuable full circle pig's tusks, and white 'magic' shells placed strategically around his body. His head was supported on a slab of dressed limestone.

Hat Island is no longer tabu, and Sailaway Cruises offers regular cruises to Feles Cave on Lelepa Island, and Roymata's grave on Hat Island.

Feles Cave Lelepa Island

Roymata's place of death was Feles Cave on Lelepa Island. The dome shaped cavern has a 40m ceiling but only a 15sq metre entrance through the white cliffs of volcanic ash and pumice.

Like most volcanic islands in the South Pacific, frequent volcanic eruptions placed successive layers of pyroclastic material, including acidic ash, over basal basalt and coral reefs. With successive ice ages, the seas came and went, sometimes exposing land for eons and at other times flooding the area so yet more coral reef grew over compacted ash beds.

In many places, calcium carbonate leached from the coral reefs trickled through cracks in the ash, cementing it together, metamorphosing it.

Around 2 million years ago the ocean washed out the softer ash in the cliff at Lelepa Island, leaving the denser, ashy limestone behind. Subsequent earthquakes have caused sections of the ceiling to collapse, raising the floor level at the entrance to the cave. Lumps of carbon are mixed amongst the ash, protruding like black gems between the fault line. Inside, ancient cave drawings made from these lumps of carbon, were carbon dated in 1967 to more than 200 years old. Simple figures include men, turtles, fish, chickens and a whale. Traditional geometric patterns are also visible, albeit faded.

In 1879 a New Zealand missionary, M. Milne added his name and date to other, older graffiti carved into the cave's inner walls. This must have been inscribed shortly before he became involved in a dispute between villagers on Nguna Island and fatally met the blunt end of a pig killing club. It is rumoured he was popped into a missionary cooking pot and his religion absorbed abdominally. Also along the inside of the walls is a series of carved, circular notches. Each notch supposedly represents the death of villagers. There are hundreds of such notches, but it is unknown when the system began and ended. Perhaps the most gruesome tale associated with the cave is when a group of villages sought refuge there whilst being pursued by blackbirders aggressively recruiting labourers for the Queensland sugar plantations in the mid 1800's. To extract them from the cave, a large fire was lit at the entrance and the villagers smoked out, only to be killed or thrown alive into the fire as they exited

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S9 Ep 10 Spoilers / Speculation / Clues
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 11:09:18 PM »
CBS Web teasers~

Two Survivors become "sacrificial lambs" and are tied up by their tribe.

A surreal Reward drives one Survivor to overindulge and pay for it later.

After a tumultuous night in which one castaway struggles to keep the camp together, it is decided that the most useless tribemate should go.

One Survivor is torn between joining a new alliance or thwarting an existing one. A tribemate exploits this indecision to work a plan.

Before Tribal Council, one Survivor makes a last-ditch effort to sway a tribemate. Will it work?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 01:07:02 AM »

Voice Over

JP:  Next time on Survivor...
Leann:  It's been raining forever.
Scout:  It's gonna be a miracle if we can keep our fire.  I've never been in a worse situation than this.
JP:  And then...Scout makes her move.
Scout:  The guys will vote with us.  Then the game changes.
Ami:  Right now I'm not real trusting of the ladies.

Pics and voice over thanks to~
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_ep10_11_11.html

Offline bama_chevygal

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 06:20:48 PM »
I dont know how to get the Web Promo Pics on here, but there are some interesting pics for the next episode

Go check out the pics and tell me what you think  *()*

Voice Over thanks to http://survivorfever.net/vc_ep10_wp.html

Voice Over

VO> Survivor Thursday...
VO> Hang on...for dear life...because this Survivor has everything
Chris> Things have changed...
VO> Killer storms...
Leann> It's freezing
VO> Betrayal....
Scout> We gotta get Ami out..
Chris> laughing
VO> A challenge...
JP> Go!
VO> That'll have you tied up in knots...
VO> And before it's all over...
Chris> You question a woman's ability...she'll snap your neck
VO> The rock solid female alliance...
Leann(?)>  We're gonna have to start voting out women
VO> Could crumble.
VO> No wonder Survivor is TV's most watched Reality show...
VO> New episode, CBS Thursday

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 06:50:15 PM »
Thanks bama.. :)_{} . there are so many vidcaps it will take me an hour to host them..
here they come ..I'll pull some out for a larger version since there are so many..lol I think they gave us a full hours worth of pictures

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 07:12:25 PM »

cont........

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 07:19:17 PM »

cont..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 07:30:46 PM »

cont..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2004, 07:35:41 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2004, 07:42:02 PM »
WOW !!!!!!! Pigs , natives , running, tied up ..pole climbing..look at Scout up their
Scout wants Ami out..? I thought she was trying to stay in the game lol..Scout you haggy witch..Ami will cut your throat........then  knock the Shizznit out of you  .. :)*

Scout> We gotta get Ami out..

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2004, 07:49:39 PM »
That does not look like an individual challenge to me... It looks like they are tribes again???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2004, 07:55:14 PM »
Word from Sera , just remember..he's somewhat of a jokester ..and loves giving out Gold EZ memberships .Chatter EZ board  ;)

ABC Producer
I am Seraphaem.
(11/11/04 9:28 pm)
Reply   Re: THE CLUE - Survivor 9: The Illuminati
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Wow ... I just received a very interesting PM.

The queens stays and it's Julie's time to burn next week. Will I bet two more gold memberships on it? We'll have to see.

Well, I won't place any further extended bets now that I'm hearing it's Ami (again), so as of this moment it's between Ami and Julie as next weeks boot.

S. 
Seraphaem 
As it stands, I've got one contact saying it's definitely Ami, two others emphatic that it's Scout (who loses her power play as Eliza makes her move to oust her with others), and another who says it's Julie's time to go.

C'mon guys ... you're not making it easy for old Sera to save his cash on a bet for next week. 

Choices, choices ...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2004, 07:58:32 PM »
Yeah t..I have to sort them out..brb

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 08:05:52 PM »
RC Team Reward
I think it's ~
Twila/Leann/Scout/Julie

Ami/Chris/Chad/Eliza

A surreal Reward drives one Survivor to overindulge and pay for it later.
I easily give this to Ami's team ..look at Chris..overindulge?
Looks like they get a trip to a native luau ..Kava , dancing..maybe they return the pig?

Not to mention the lai's they are wearing..lol I'm convinced Ami's team wins this one .

Riverrat

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2004, 08:20:54 PM »
I was wondering why the MHL was hugging Chris and Chad. LOL Because they win RC. Phew!!!!! She had me worried for a sec.   :\/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2004, 08:23:28 PM »
IC..they look so funny  ..anyway ...endurance Lets see we have Scout with the bad knee/ Chad with one good leg../ Chris with bad feet ..Lets give this one to a lady for now.. ?:)? Ami/Eliza/Julie/LeeAnn
untill we see better vidcaps

Poor Chad  :(*8

Twila out ..in the promo she is slipping

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2004, 08:33:37 PM »
Hiya River  :)_{}.........LOL  :)*

Some shots ..

I think its Elizaw  cap /LeeAnn/Twila/Julie/ Scout

Eliza is wearing a cap.. unhappy faces? Could it be that they are out ?

Offline bama_chevygal

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2004, 07:56:05 AM »
Too bad they didn't gag Eliza when they had her tied up  :()()

Offline bama_chevygal

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2004, 08:26:06 AM »
Episode 10 - Rethink the Scenario

Scout says, "If the guys vote with us.." indicating she already has someone on her side. I say that person is Twila. Scout then goes to Chris and Chad to get them to vote for either Eliza or Julie, who is now a threat to Scout based on her friendship with Leanne. I think what she's saying is "we've got to get ami" not in the sense of voting her off, but getting her to vote with them.

Scout goes to Ami and tells her that Leanne and Julie are getting too chummy or tries to convince her to vote for Eliza, creating doubt in Ami's mind.

Additionally, it's known that Ami/Chris/Chad/Eliza win RC and that someone says too much. The only person who says too much in the show is Eliza. I think she slips up about strategy in a way that irritates Ami. Maybe it's that Leanne/Julie are aligning...maybe it's something else. Ami is torn. "Right now I'm not too trusting of the ladies." It's clear from the promos, however, that Ami is the one who looks like a person deciding between joining a new alliance and "thwarting an old one".

I think Eliza and Leanne notice Ami waivering and contemplate voting her off. Meanwhile Ami is scheming with Scout and Twila to join the men to vote off Eliza, Leanne or Julie. I think she will go along with it because the women will still have numbers advantage in that alliance. Hence her statement in the promos, "We're going to have to start voting out women".

Eliza will make a last-ditch effort to get Scout or Chad voted off but will fail.

My prediction is that Eliza or Julie will go. Then Leanne. Then Chad. The remaining four will be: Scout, Ami, Twila, Chris

Comments thanks to StevenRN at http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=18099.topic

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2004, 08:32:01 AM »
Who is the 4th one in the top pic?  She is either out or they have not started  yet...

Riverrat

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2004, 11:19:10 AM »
Is that Julie perched up there like a bird? Looks like that position would put more strain on the hands and feet. The MHL probably wins IC again. She's probably used to being tied up. Now I have to go drink my cream. meow

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2004, 03:57:14 PM »
It is Julie but, I don't think shes slipping I think shes climbing..this was brought up on another board...could it be that Chad has an advantage? His metal leg may actually help him stay up longer if he could some how get it to stick into the wood?

LMAO @ River..your so bad  :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2004, 05:57:15 PM »
some more Vidcaps from Fever

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 10:45:46 PM »
http://truedorktimes.com/s9/survivometer9.htm

Survivometer 9... and other crappy things the True Dork Times offers to slake your Survivor: Vanuatu thirst 
 Oh dear, it's the True Dork Times'...
SURVIVOMETER 9!
(a.k.a. more crap, and we do mean crap, than you
ever wanted to know about Survivor Vanuatu: Islands of Crushing Boredom). S9 crap:
Survivometer 9
Calendar
Spoilers
Old crap:
S3, S4, S5, S6, S7. TDT PICKS
Episode Ten
RC: ?
IC: ?
Boot: ?

Warning: Reality show contestants; any resemblance to actual reality is purely coincidental
Contestant Name, info Factors for boot Factors against boot Overall survivability
 Chris Daugherty
33, Columbus, OH
Construction - Unless he can swing something, doesn't have the numbers.
 - Cutieepi: Chris loses 50-plus pounds?
- Cutting deals with anyone who'll listen.

Episode 10 Overall
At risk Late jury?

Eliza Orlins
21, Washington, DC
Rich kid - Still getting on Scout's nerves.
- "We could boot Eliza before Chris." - Scout just can't convince anyone to boot her.
- The ideal final two opponent, with one of the oldest juries ever. Episode 10 Overall
At risk Makes jury

Twila Tanner
41, Marshall, MO
Highway repair - Not afraid to speak her mind.
- Friendship with Sarge could be used against her. - Voting with the women = good idea.
 Episode 10 Overall
Safe Makes jury

Scout Cloud Lee
69, Stillwater, OK
Singer, entrepreneur - Far from a physical threat, but starting to cross the Ami line. - Quiet, focused, peacemaker.
- Strong alliance with Twila, possibly also Ami. Will consider others, too. Episode 10 Overall
At risk Makes jury

Julie Berry
23, Gorham, ME
Youth mentor - Exact loyalties unclear.  - Getting in with Leann could either work for or against her. Episode 10 Overall
Safe Makes jury

Ami Cusack
31, Lakewood, CO
Playboy veteran - Made herself a target with larger, open leadership role. - Strong alliances, particularly with Leann, Eliza, Scout.
- Athletic, could take individual ICs.
- Lost noticeable weight? Episode 10 Overall
Trouble? Mid jury?

Chad Crittenden
35, Oakland, CA
Teacher - Unless he and Chris can swing something, doesn't have the numbers.
- Slowly gaining screen exposure, not a good thing. - Oh great, the nice, one-legged guy is going to win. Episode 10 Overall
Trouble? Early jury

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!! (from the, er, jury, that is)
Contestant Name, info Final two friends Final two enemies Overall survivability
 Leann Slaby
35, Milwaukee, WI
Singer/ actor - Ami, possibly Scout or Julie - The men
- Any woman who done her wrong Episode 11 Overall
Voted out Third juror