Author Topic: TV Guide Interview ~Survivor's Sarge Discharged  (Read 2420 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TV Guide Interview ~Survivor's Sarge Discharged
« on: November 17, 2004, 05:51:46 PM »
Survivor's Sarge Discharged
by Angel Cohn

Lea Masters

The women have taken a commanding lead in Survivor: Vanuatu's battle of the sexes. The latest casualty of the gender war was last week's castoff, Lea "Sarge" Masters. The 40-year-old drill sergeant (whose elimination makes him Vanuatu's first jury member) lost out after his old pal Chris sided with the female voters. Here, Masters commands TV Guide Online's attention as he dishes Chris' betrayal, the ladies' devious behavior and baring his bottom on national TV.

TV Guide Online: Before watching your final episode, did you know Chris voted against you?
Sarge: No, I didn't. I was sitting there going, "What? Where did that come from?" I think he just didn't want to ruffle any feathers so he could get in with the women and stick a knife in their backs for me.

TVGO: Bet you were also surprised that Julie and LeAnn brought back chicken wings for the girls, but just bones for the guys.
Sarge: That had Julie's name written all over it. Julie had to get in with somebody and say, "I'm with the women." That was her way of doing it. There weren't enough wings left over anyway. In fact, sucking on bones was just fine for me.

TVGO: You seemed genuinely shocked by all the scheming. It's Survivor, Sarge!
Sarge: Everyone left in the game is a cutthroat for $1 million. They've already said that they would lie, cheat and steal, whereas I would not do that. I wanted to go as long as I could [and] have fun doing it, representing the Army and doing good things. It was kind of ironic to get voted off on Veterans Day. I was surprised at a lot of things — I felt wholeheartedly that my pact with Julie and Twila was solid. I didn't think there was any doubt.

TVGO: Rory says you made a big mistake believing the girls and voting out John K.
Sarge: Well, all Rory was worried about was numbers so that he could stay. That's fine. But I would have rather spent the rest of the time with Ami than Rory. Because Rory is an obnoxious, egotistical know-it-all. I didn't like him from Day 1.

TVGO: Did Julie's flirting and sitting between your legs by the fire sway your decision to trust her?
Sarge: No, she was flirting a lot. That didn't have anything to do with it. I think she wanted to shock everybody. She picked me because I don't give a crap. While she was doing it, I'm looking at Chad and Chris like, "What do I do now?" I didn't know where to put my hands. I didn't want to give her the impression that she had anything going on.

TVGO: What do your Army buddies think about you mooning the camera while sunbathing?
Sarge: Basically, instead of making a list of who's giving me a hard time, I'd have to make a list of who is not giving me a hard time. I got e-mails from people I didn't even know. They say, "Are you crazy?" I'm say, "Yeah, I'm crazy. Hell, I'm crazy for being on the damned show." Most people save their leave for a fabulous vacation. I went off to an island to argue with a bunch of people and eat plantains and used two months of vacation time. :)*

{ I can't remember if I already posted this ? lol }