Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468652 times)

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »
The end of leg 9 might have been the best end result we've seen so far? Like yes it was a luck task, but luck didn't matter at all because the elimination was due to a mistake on the part of a team, which we almost never see on HaMerotz? Plus after Tia & Fay looked dead to rights AND THEN Nissim & Orel looked dead to rights, they both survive over a team that I didn't like nearly as much as those two.

Also can we agree that rock task was unfair because it punished teams that weighed more by making them do more work?

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2019, 09:41:26 AM »
Really happy Nisim and Orel survived. However,  :'( :'( :'( Gili and Tali  :'( :'( :'( I loved them so much. One of my all-time favorites. Sad they had to leave because of such a mistake but at least Nisim and Orel are still in it.  :woohoo:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2019, 04:25:44 PM »
Show content
So the luck (tasks) finally ran out for the team saved on the first leg. They had a great run, though!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2019, 07:39:03 PM »
Show content
What a novel idea to not have a luck task at the end of the leg.

For how argumentative Nisim & Orel can get it's quite an accomplishment that they made it this far.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2019, 10:20:54 PM »
This was the best leg of the season thus far. Not even kidding. I really enjoyed every single task in Shanghai, including the last one. Fantastic leg, all around!

It was neat that they wrote out the contestants' names in Chinese during the Home Shopping Channel task, though there was a bit of weirdness.

Fey was 仙女 (Xiānnǚ) which literally means fairy, though that's where 'Fey' comes from in the first place.
Tia was 阮文绍 (Ruǎn Wénshào). I really don't know where this name comes from...?

Haviv was 善良 (Shànliáng) meaning kindness or kind-hearted. I believe that's the meaning of Haviv as well.
Itzak was 艾萨克 (Ài sà kè), which is "Isaac"

Karin was 卡琳 (Kǎ lín) and...
Ariel was 阿里尔 (Ā lǐ ěr), which matches their names...but the editors put the names under the wrong people! Oops! 卡琳 was under Ariel's head.

Nisim was 奇迹 (Qíjī), which means "miracle", also the base of Nisim's name (I should know, Google Translate kept spitting out "Miracle" when his name shows up, bleh...)
Orel was 口头 (Kǒutóu) which literally means "oral", as in "related to the mouth". I think something got a bit lost in translation here...

Eyal and Sid were 石灰 & 羚羊 (Shíhuī & Língyáng) meaning lime (as in, the fruit) and gazelle (as in the animal)...I have no idea which is which, or why these were picked.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2019, 12:19:12 AM »
WTF?? Google Maps for Shanghai is STILL screwed up! All of the streets and placemarks are off target.

This was broken back when TAR China 2 finished airing!! That was 2015!!!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2019, 09:07:32 AM »
WTF?? Google Maps for Shanghai is STILL screwed up! All of the streets and placemarks are off target.

This was broken back when TAR China 2 finished airing!! That was 2015!!!

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Di-UVC-_4&t=1s, it explains why every map in China is wrong.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »
that was a good leg but tbh the entire time I felt that the issues present early this season re: boot order and predictability are still present even now; I literally could have skipped this episode and I'd have missed nothing except for Fay celebrating her birthday to ~Yom Huledet~ (all the Eurovision entries that keep getting airplay <3333)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:32:51 PM by ImANewUser »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »
Show content

For how argumentative Nisim & Orel can get it's quite an accomplishment that they made it this far.

Indeed. And that's, wow. Even for me. Well done for the team.
Show content
ps: This is a wild wish, but if there's a returnee season
Show content
not that one that's already discussed somewhere in RFF
and organizers wanted to brought them back, ...I'm all right. That's because when it comes to voting, for example, especially since the first leg, people might think that "they're completely underdog, completely finished last in the first NEL so we could expect they'd be gone sooner or later" but then they went to Final 5--so they're not remarked as "vulnerable by consensus" and only handful of people voted for them without they being Yielded/U-Turned. If I'm confusing on this wish, just ask me, but my mind has gone pretty wild in this season at this point.

Can't wait for the next leg though. It'll be tonight IDT. And since it's Final 4...
Show content
...there'll be no Yield, no U-Turn, and it all came down to how skillful the team is? Good luck teams!
And yes, the cutting of episodes are real (we're on ep22 rn while usually F4 take place at ep30-ish according to the last two seasons), idk why I love this form but not sure whether or not I feel something is missing or this pace is enough... anybody has a say on this?
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2019, 03:14:02 PM »
We're rapidly approaching the finale with another episode tomorrow.

Show content
As someone whose been on the viewing deck of the Empire State Building, which was about the same height as the ledge teams were on. That task would have terrified me.

It was around the time we get the family chat, so that got emotional.

You can't curse, this is Disney. :funny:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2019, 02:53:04 PM »
Well, "stinky tofu" is not a phrase I ever expected to add to my vocabulary.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2019, 09:54:04 PM »
Show content

Show content
Show content
and organizers wanted to brought them back, ...I'm all right. That's because when it comes to voting, for example, especially since the first leg, people might think that "they're completely underdog, completely finished last in the first NEL so we could expect they'd be gone sooner or later" but then they went to Final 5--so they're not remarked as "vulnerable by consensus" and only handful of people voted for them without they being Yielded/U-Turned. If I'm confusing on this wish, just ask me, but my mind has gone pretty wild in this season at this point.

Can't wait for the next leg though. It'll be tonight IDT. And since it's Final 4...
Show content
...there'll be no Yield, no U-Turn, and it all came down to how skillful the team is? Good luck teams!
And yes, the cutting of episodes are real (we're on ep22 rn while usually F4 take place at ep30-ish according to the last two seasons), idk why I love this form but not sure whether or not I feel something is missing or this pace is enough... anybody has a say on this?
Is HMLM 7 still produced by ActiveTV? this season is shorter than five previous ones, plus this season contains many luck tasks before pitstop. Number of episodes per each season (recap excluded)
Season 1 had 20 episodes (2 per legs)
Season 2 had 27 episodes
Season 3 had 31 episodes
Season 4 had 34 episodes
Season 5 had 36 episodes
Season 6 had 40+ episodes

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2019, 10:00:58 PM »
They filmed 7 and 8 back to back, so they couldn't go nuts with the length.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2019, 10:39:09 PM »
Show content

Show content
Show content

Show content
Is HMLM 7 still produced by ActiveTV? this season is shorter than five previous ones, plus this season contains many luck tasks before pitstop. Number of episodes per each season (recap excluded)
Season 1 had 20 episodes (2 per legs)
Season 2 had 27 episodes
Season 3 had 31 episodes
Season 4 had 34 episodes
Season 5 had 36 episodes
Season 6 had 40+ episodes

I think HMLM is no longer produced by ActiveTV as the company left out of Amazing Race production a few years ago. Reshet now produces the show.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2019, 10:49:22 PM »
So while there were definitely hints throughout previous episodes, the first episode for leg 11 confirmed that Eyal, Sid and Itzhak are all gay. All three of them had someone during the loved ones meeting that was identified on screen as "(name)'s partner," and Sid said something in a confessional about his mother's reaction to him "coming out of the closet."  Also for what it's worth, Haviv & Itzhak sometimes refer to each other using feminine pronouns (it might be more than I think, I'm not paying attention). That's rather interesting.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2019, 10:50:10 PM »
Also really sad to see Nissim & Orel go, I for sure thought they would get to the pit stop before Eyal & Sid's yield ran out. But given how we should have lost them on leg 1 (seriously, has there ever been a NEL with 12 teams before?) I'm gonna count my blessings that we managed to get so much of them.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2019, 11:10:17 PM »
So while there were definitely hints throughout previous episodes, the first episode for leg 11 confirmed that Eyal, Sid and Itzhak are all gay. All three of them had someone during the loved ones meeting that was identified on screen as "(name)'s partner," and Sid said something in a confessional about his mother's reaction to him "coming out of the closet."  Also for what it's worth, Haviv & Itzhak sometimes refer to each other using feminine pronouns (it might be more than I think, I'm not paying attention). That's rather interesting.

Thank you, jfarbzz! I'll add that to their tags on the TAR Fandom

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2019, 05:45:31 AM »

Thank you, jfarbzz! I'll add that to their tags on the TAR Fandom

You can also add Adi & Meitar from last season, Adi mentioned a few times that she was a lesbian.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2019, 07:17:30 AM »
Eyal and Sid were 石灰 & 羚羊 (Shíhuī & Língyáng) meaning lime (as in, the fruit) and gazelle (as in the animal)...I have no idea which is which, or why these were picked.

That’s what their names mean in English lol
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:19:24 AM by jfarbzz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2019, 09:23:37 PM »
"China Rush" travel agency?? At first I thought this was going to be a weird crossover with the cancelled TAR China Rush and teams would meet Allan Wu. Why can't I ever find anything in Shanghai by googling? :c

I don't understand the rules of the stinky tofu task. I couldn't tell if they had to make four necklaces, or four each, and how exactly eating a bowl of tofu factors into that. Does eating the bowl 'replace' one necklace?

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2019, 09:35:46 AM »
...and how exactly eating a bowl of tofu factors into that. Does eating the bowl 'replace' one necklace?

If teams wish to not make the necklace, they must eat the stinky tofu.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:43:03 AM by PAHC »

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2019, 10:03:24 AM »
...and how exactly eating a bowl of tofu factors into that. Does eating the bowl 'replace' one necklace?

I have a question for you, since the finale is airing on Sunday: did people in Israel get tired of how long the last few seasons were? Because this season is significantly shorter than seasons 4-6 that all had around 40 episodes.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2019, 05:38:07 PM »

I guess the math didn't seem to add up to me while I was watching.

Offline PAHC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2019, 06:36:27 AM »
I have a question for you, since the finale is airing on Sunday: did people in Israel get tired of how long the last few seasons were? Because this season is significantly shorter than seasons 4-6 that all had around 40 episodes.
They did, actually. While all reality shows here last twice as long as US ones, TAR was the one most heavily criticized as the show was supposed to be a fast-paced race, and felt unnecessarily long.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2019, 02:17:10 PM »
Season 6 aired for like 5 months. Since they're only meant to last 3, it really overstayed its welcome.

This season's length feels just right to me.