Author Topic: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion  (Read 515498 times)

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2019, 02:38:16 PM »
It is revealed that there is also another "selling stuffs" task that is all cut.

When? Where?

According to the Facebook of one member of the blue team, after the task in the tunnel, teams need to travel to a market near Hoa Binh Theater to perform a flower selling task.
https://ione.vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/sao/viet-nam/le-xuan-tien-giai-thich-nghi-van-doi-xanh-duoc-sap-xep-de-ve-nhat-tai-cuoc-dua-ky-thu-3969568.html
The Blue team also reveals that:
- The team actually did not complete the Roadblock and received a 1h44' penalty: 1h30' for quitting the Roadblock and 14 minutes for breaking 7 eggs in the first attempt.
- Because of a production difficulty, the Blue team gets some "time credits" and becomes the first team in this leg of the race.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:45:48 PM by bvd »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2019, 06:24:15 PM »
Interesting! I did wonder how they were able to catch up. I assumed teams had difficulty in the tunnel. But perhaps teams had more trouble in the flower selling.

They did spend half the episode on the RB which I think was too long anyway.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2019, 08:29:17 PM »
Do we know if Blue team got the penalty at the RB site, or at the Pit Stop?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »

At the RB site. They just didn't show it.
They must have caught up at the detour (soccer)

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »
I think the Blue team received the penalty at the RB site. The team said that after the RB, they were left far behind other teams.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2019, 11:28:48 PM »
Got it! Wiki all updated.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2019, 04:21:16 PM »
Got it! Wiki all updated.
The final task of the last leg is shown here :D. According to the clue, each team needs to sell 50 flowers to at least 10 different people. The price of each flower is 3000 VND (~0.13 USD).

https://youtu.be/CweluNHJSzY?t=1184

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »
With leg 8 has been done this week...
Show content
It means we get to see North Korea leg? Whoaaaaaaa
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »
Was a pretty fun episode this week, and I think a lot of us will be talking about next week's episode.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2019, 12:27:31 PM »
I imagine it's gonna be a very linear leg.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2019, 01:00:39 PM »
TAR Vietnam about to visit North Korea feels so awesome, yet so surreal.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »
Good episode, but kind of a Linear Leg. It was such a typical big city/urban Leg lol But alright. Happy to see the BQs get a win though. Sad about the Pink Team. I really liked them.

They were very lenient with the dubbing task it seems, but I much prefer this improv than TARC's Lion King dub RB lol
They made up for it by being very strict with the Detour it seems.

The Pyongyang Leg looks like a Leg that could easily be staged in South Korea. lol I agree it could be a very Linear Leg if they are being watched the entire time. Of course, Vietnam and North Korea have a much friendlier relationship. But it really will be a surreal episode, I think.

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2019, 05:11:48 PM »
How did the pink team fall so far behind? They got the memorization task first try when 3 other teams had to redo but got to the theater last.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2019, 05:51:06 PM »
It seemed like a very Linear Leg. The only points where teams were able to get ahead was at the dubbing when Brown Team passed the Blue Team who were taking too much time coming up with lines. And then at the Detour where the BQs/Yellow Team were able to do the makeup faster than the other teams. Otherwise, the placements were all the same.

Especially when the RB was first come, first served. Teams were already in an order at the start. Pink Team didn't seem to have any chance to catch up.

Is there a special reason teams got the clue directly from Song Luan at the start of the Leg?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2019, 10:48:27 PM »
Wow. Pink team are dressed in completely different (and weird?) clothing and MLee looks like total crap in the confessionals. GEE, I wonder if they were eliminated...

Anyway, I MUST have misunderstood something about the Detour. To me, it sounds like the choice was...

A) Put on makeup and costumes, or...
B) Put on makeup and costumes and then ALSO learn and perform an opera scene.

I mean, unless I missed something, then no wonder everybody chose the first one! (???)

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2019, 11:18:03 PM »
Wow. Pink team are dressed in completely different (and weird?) clothing and MLee looks like total crap in the confessionals. GEE, I wonder if they were eliminated...

Anyway, I MUST have misunderstood something about the Detour. To me, it sounds like the choice was...

A) Put on makeup and costumes, or...
B) Put on makeup and costumes and then ALSO learn and perform an opera scene.

I mean, unless I missed something, then no wonder everybody chose the first one! (???)

For the second choice, someone else will draw the makeup for them so that the team does not need to put on the makeup by themselves. It is still obvious that the second option is much longer and is not significantly easier than the first one.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2019, 12:07:34 AM »
Also, what was with the really, really poor overdubbing during the Roadblock every time somebody said "Thanh Po Ho Chi Minh"? Did the editors really expect us to believe that was what they were actually saying in that moment? That was some of the worst dubbing I've ever seen... What was going on? Was everybody saying Sai Gon instead, or something?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2019, 02:31:27 AM »
I thought the other side of the Detour was to play the music only. Not the actual performance in makeup and costume?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »
https://phunuphapluat.vn/cuoc-dua-ky-thu-2019-minh-trieu-ky-duyen-st-son-thach-binh-an-xay-ra-mau-thuan-tai-chang-dua-trieu-tien-159020.html

According to this article, because of local rules in North Korea, a special rule will be applied in the North Korean leg.

I guess that the teams will go to the task locations and perform the tasks together, the producer will record the time the teams used to finish that task, and at the Pit Stop, the final result will be revealed :O.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2019, 04:03:30 PM »
Yeah, I assumed there would be some restrictions like that. You're not going have foreigners running around Pyongyang like they normally would elsewhere. lol and eeek at the same time.

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2019, 09:20:24 PM »
Yeah you cant take, motorbikes,  taxis or stop and ask the locals for directions.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2019, 12:16:41 PM »
What intrigues me the most about international TAR is seeing locations from another country's perspective and seeing countries TAR US hasn't gone to or can't go to. I've wondered for some time if a leg in DPRK was possible from TAR China for example, but I always thought that it would be a logistical nightmare (reading an interview with a TARV producer, it took several months to get permission to film). So, I still in awe that this leg actually happened.

Show content
The fact that this leg was kept a secret to this cast until they reached Beijing is a little crazy and a little disturbing. Even if Vietnam has better relations with DPRK than the West, their reactions reading the clue said everything. Any leg in Pyongyang was going to be limited compared to other locations, and this leg was as competitive as it was going to be despite limitations. In a leg that visited Pyongyang, how is the most surprising thing the return of the final 4 finale?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »
Show content
Is this the first non-US season to have 4 teams in the final leg?

They probably did it this way for compensation because of how restrictive this country would be.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »
Show content
Is this the first non-US season to have 4 teams in the final leg?

They probably did it this way for compensation because of how restrictive this country would be.

Show content
Kind of, as far as I remember, and makes sense.
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷