Author Topic: TAR 31 AIRING options (CBS shows Death Watch!)  (Read 45083 times)

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31 AIRING options (CBS shows Death Watch!)
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »
Can we still pray for another show to get canned/moved and somehow TAR gets an earlier slot?  :d025:

You can! Season 29 was originally slated for Fridays at 8 but moved up a month to Thursday at 10 after a show tanked there. Personally, I think we should just stick to our schedule. Wednesday at 8 is a great slot, it just sucks we have to wait.

Hopefully it does well because Survivor will be over and their audience may be looking for something to watch the next week and it's 1 month away from BB.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2018, 07:04:34 PM »
Honestly, it could be a good thing.  Good time slot, will be one of the major reality shows over the Summer, and it gives them time to promo it a lot more.

And it could be *hopefully* setting up for S32 on the Fall schedule of next year.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2018, 07:24:38 PM »
I'm just very happy that we have an airdate!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2018, 07:38:21 PM »
Why are we filming two seasons this year if we have to wait until summer next year to see 31?  :jam:
They can easily film 32 in the summer season if they want a fall air schedule for 32.

I don't get it.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »
Fun fact: Reality Clash will be the first double-digit season to finish airing during the summer.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2018, 02:26:21 PM »
https://www.cbs.com/recommended/news/1008928/cbs-announces-premiere-dates-for-celebrity-big-brother-the-world-s-best-and-more/

The Amazing Race Season 31 premieres on Wednesday, May 22 at 8/7c
The multiple Emmy Award-winning for its 31st season with Emmy Award-nominated host Phil Keoghan, following the wrap of Survivor Season 38.

That's great to hear! Even though it's close to summer, at least we know it's airing. And on a "Survivor timeslot"? Possibly even better to rake in those handful more viewers.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2018, 07:41:04 PM »
I cant find the BMS thread for this season so i put it here:

WHY on earth do they film 2 seasons this year if we have to wait half a year to watch last season wrapped????

I'll bet S32 is earmarked for CBS AllAccess like other original programming like Star Trek : Discovery

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2018, 07:48:11 PM »
Why are we filming two seasons this year if we have to wait until summer next year to see 31?  :jam:
They can easily film 32 in the summer season if they want a fall air schedule for 32.

I don't get it.

The fact that CBS is burying S31 in the 'scrap heap' TV season desert of May-July leads me to worry that they feel S31 is not very good TAR season.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
Agreed, being able to binge the season all at once is the least that the channel can do.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »
Seconded, the channel would've reserved it for January 2019 otherwise.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »
I cant find the BMS thread for this season so i put it here:

WHY on earth do they film 2 seasons this year if we have to wait half a year to watch last season wrapped????

I'll bet S32 is earmarked for CBS AllAccess like other original programming like Star Trek : Discovery

That would be incredibly devious!! But I would certainly subscribe, if only for a month.

It's certainly a fascinating possibility. They did put a season of big brother on the service near when it launched if I remember right. But TAR also has to be MUCH more expensive to produce than BB, so it depends on how much financial resources CBS wants to pour into the service. I'd be curious to see their subscriber numbers.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2018, 05:57:21 PM »
More like a sensible choice when the alternative is an indefinite wait.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2018, 06:57:12 PM »
From what I understand, I think CBS is happy with TAR and its #'s esp on DVR+7.

I doubt seriously that they would go just All Access. JMO

I think we MAY be in line again for a 2 season year.

And as always, we can be moved up if they need us.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2019, 01:56:35 PM »
Are there any new shows that can flop and be replaced by TAR this spring?

How high is chance that we will get TAR31 earlier like it happened with TAR29?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2019, 04:13:48 PM »
If one of the new shows flops TAR would be a prime choice for a replacement.

But it would likely be 32 that was moved up in that case.

From what I hear 31 is better suited to a summer slot.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2019, 04:30:40 PM »
Thank you for your answer GP.

So there is possibility of "TAR32" being aired before "TAR31" if one of new shows flop? I am shocked...

Praying for low ratings for some new show even more now!!!  :funny:

Wouldn't it be amazing to have 2 seasons aired before fall 2019? :D (I am still thinking we will need to wait till may, but let's keep hope alive, lol.)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2019, 08:09:32 PM »
There will be two new reality shows on CBS later this year that will be called The World's Best and Million Dollar Mile, to be aired in February and March, respectively.

If either of those described shows will be flopped, TAR 31 may have a chance to air earlier than scheduled May 22 premiere. I could say The World's Best or Million Dollar Mile to Saturdays.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:16:25 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2019, 09:39:21 PM »
Actually, could be ANY of the shows...not just those.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2019, 05:48:53 AM »
The World's Best is getting the Super bowl lead-in treatment. CBS is going to give it every chance to succeed. Would be absolutely stunned if that got yanked or banished to Saturday. Plus, CBS hasn't exactly had a bunch of new hits this year, but they are sticking with shows at least through their initial episode orders.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2019, 03:38:50 PM »
The World's best will flop, mark my words. Maybe CBS'll start appreciate TAR more then...

Is there some list of new TV shows premiering in spring at CBS? I couldn't find any...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2019, 10:28:16 AM »
World's Best unsurprisingly had a strong start after the super bowl, but it went right to the gutter in it's time slot debut last night, drawing just a 1.0 rating. That's less than what TAR30 was doing in the time period last year (before the Olympics). And CBS was airing reruns in that slot this January as they waited for this to premiere. What a waste. CBS continues to have a nightmare of a time launching new reality shows outside their core 3 (4 I guess if you include Undercover Boss). I don't expect anything to happen to it on the schedule; just sharing the ratings data.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2019, 01:20:20 PM »
World's Best unsurprisingly had a strong start after the super bowl, but it went right to the gutter in it's time slot debut last night, drawing just a 1.0 rating. That's less than what TAR30 was doing in the time period last year (before the Olympics). And CBS was airing reruns in that slot this January as they waited for this to premiere. What a waste. CBS continues to have a nightmare of a time launching new reality shows outside their core 3 (4 I guess if you include Undercover Boss). I don't expect anything to happen to it on the schedule; just sharing the ratings data.

This is not what CBS expected, lol. I hope it will drop under 1 next week. Could CBS replace it with TAR then? What is your opinion?

The ratings are "not that bad" for cancellation imo, but this is big dissapointment for CBS for sure.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2019, 01:29:45 PM »
I'd be really surprised if they moved 31 up, or started 32. Seems like they have their entire schedule planned until at least the end of summer. Celebrity Big Brother-> Survivor->Tar 31-> Big brother

I feel like throwing in a season of Amazing Race right now would throw off their flow. I'd love to be surprised and have it happen though!
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »
World's best drew 0.7 last night, its completely flopping. I wonder when CBS will pull the plug in favour of TAR?