Author Topic: Clues for EP:3 Title: Double Tribal, Double Trouble  (Read 4579 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Clues for EP:3 Title: Double Tribal, Double Trouble
« on: September 23, 2004, 11:49:38 PM »
Post-Tribal Council fallout leaves one castaway feeling the heat from fellow tribe members.

At another tribe, differing work ethics and personalities lead to a clash between two castaways.

Both tribes are shocked when they gather for a Challenge and are told at the end of the day there will be a double Tribal Council.

A twist at the end of the Challenge puts one castaway in a very influential position.

Tension and politicking run rabid at both camps as several vulnerable tribe members jockey to survive. Two will leave Vanuatu...who will it be?

in·flu·en·tial [ ěn floo énshəl ]

adjective 

able to influence: having a great deal of power to change something, especially people’s behavior

« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 11:52:28 PM by puddin »

Offline knowsalittle

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Clues for EP:3 Title: Double Tribal, Double Trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 11:56:12 PM »
And our first twist takes toll....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 12:24:05 AM »
A twist at the end of the Challenge puts one castaway in a very influential position.

Individual Immunity??

Two will leave Vanuatu...who will it be?
MB misdirection or truth?

I'm tired knowalittle ..lol, I'm probably reading to much into something thats right in front of me  8-)'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 01:14:57 AM »
From my Fav site~  :)()
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_ep3_9_23.html

Voice Over

Mia:  (yelling at Twila) If you were not here we'd still have fire and shelter and food.
Twila:  I'll whoop those little scrawny bitches asses, I don't care.
Rory:  Do you feel I'm not pulling my weight.
Lea:  I saw you go on a lot of walks.
Rory:  I'm a grown ass man, I don't take orders real well.
JP:  Both tribes will vote out one member tonight, separate Tribal Councils, two people going home.
Eliza:  Nooooo.

oops ..sorry its so LARGE :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 06:40:22 PM »

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_wp_ep3.html

Voice Over

VO> See why the critics say...'The new Survivor shatters Reality TV'...CBS Thursday
JP> "Go!"
VO> There will be more twists in the first 15 minutes, than in a whole season...
VO> Plus...Two Tribal Councils...
Eliza> Noooooo
VO> Two castaways voted off the island
JP> One person will win Immunity
VO> And one thing...
Eliza> I did what I had to do...
VO> Will shock everyone
JP> Here's the twist...
Yasur> Uhhhhh (breath intake)
VO> Don't miss a new episode of Survivor, CBS Thursday

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 08:09:12 PM »
spoilers/clues ~

http://www.survivorfever.net/s9_spoilers.html

Survivor: Vanuatu Episode 3 Vid Cap Analysis
Preliminary Speculation - More Later
Contributors:  BlindFreddy, jessiek, zinc

Click Thumbnails to View Full Size Images

Immunity Challenge Speculation

No time for a Reward Challenge in Episode 3 because according to the voiceover on the webpromo "there will be more twists in the first 15 minutes than a whole season" -  which have to be IC related - and there will be two Tribal Councils this episode.   
The tribes compete as male/female tribes: A series of gates to get through (untie knots is a favorite unlocking mechanism)...there's some digging for something...some climbing over other obstacles....and a twist at the end. They may have to find keys and unlock doors? The setup seems to have 2 sets of doors.  After going through the challenge details with the Survivors, JP may say something like, "For a chance to win immunity you'll want to be the fastest tribe to finish."  Then, after they finish, Probst announces to the winning tribe, that, "Surprise, you ALL didn't win Immunity", uncovers Immunity Necklaces(s).  Then the winning tribe goes on to compete to be the one immunity winner.  The fastest tribe, Lopevi, wins the chance to try for a chance at Individual Immunity.  Additional twist could be that the individual Immunity Challenge winner gets to pick one tribe member from the losing tribe to also have individual immunity.

________________________________________________________________________________

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 02:08:02 PM »
combined Reward/Immunity confirmed...

from Zap2it:

'Survivor: Vanuatu' Plans Double Sacrifice
(Sunday, September 26 08:12 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Well this is one way to keep a reality franchise fresh after all these years. Only two episodes into its new season, "Survivor: Vanuatu" will have a double Tribal Council during Thursday's (Sept. 30) episode, tossing two players in the volcano (symbolically).
During the episode, the castaways will discover the secret at what host Jeff Probst reveals will be a double Reward/Immunity challenge. Although both the Yasur and Lopevi clans will visit Tribal Council and one member will be voted off each team, CBS publicity promises that the challenge will put one player in "a very influential position."

After the first two episodes of "Vanuatu," the men and the women are all even. The testosterone-driven Lopevis voted Brook off initially, fearing that he was a threat, while last week saw the distaff Yasurs boot Dolly off for being indecisive or something silly like that.

Drawing 20.06 million viewers for its first episode, "Vanuatu" had the popular franchise's second least-watched premiere since the very first installment. "Survivor" held up relatively well in its second episode, drawing 19.14 million viewers, comfortably topping the audiences for NBC's "Joey" and "Will & Grace

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 02:15:55 PM »
Survivor Shrine Has some Pre-speculations up..link to the site for the vidcaps .. :)_{}

GENERAL SHOW

CBS Teasers
Post-Tribal Council fallout leaves one castaway feeling the heat from fellow tribe members.
The younger alliance of Julie, Lisa and Mia are upset with Eliza for switching sides in an effort to save her own behind.

At another tribe, differing work ethics and personalities lead to a clash between two castaways.
Interesting that they say "another tribe" when there are only two, does that mean it doesn't apply to Yasur as the previous teaser is clearly talking about them? Thus far, the clashes could either be Mia vs. Twila and Lea vs. Rory.  Mia says Twila was not needed to build fire, shelter whereas Lea hints to Rory that he goes off on long walks too often.

Both tribes are shocked when they gather for a Challenge and are told at the end of the day there will be a double Tribal Council.
The title says it all, two people will be ousted from the game. The object next to the tribal immunity idol is the individual immunity idol and Jeff is saying only one person will win it.

Could it be the tribes are competing as individuals and the winner gets to give another person immunity in addition to having it for himself/herself?  Several twists could result at the end of this challenge.

Tension and politicking run rabid at both camps as several vulnerable tribe members jockey to survive. Two will leave Vanuatu...who will it be?
The "young" on both tribes have lots to worry about, in addition to a few old, Rory and Twila.

Episode Title
"Double Tribal, Double Trouble"
It is likely this episode is hinting at more than one tribal council taking place this episode, making two people (double) in trouble.  This also can lead into why Jeff talked about how the Survivors would be kept on their toes as the frequency of Tribal Councils are supposedly changed this time around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REWARD/IMMUNITY CHALLENGE WINNER - LOPEVI | INDIVIDUAL - ?
The setup of the 'immunity' challenge is set up so that each of the tribes compete for the chance at individual immunity.  One tribe will proceed and then compete as individuals. The winner of this second half will win immunity and cannot be voted out of the tribe.  Jeff is seen here talking about the double tribal council and there is a concealed object which is likely the immunity necklace for the winner.

As it appears, the women can be seen sitting off to the side (right next to the two tribe flags), so apparently, they are not eligible for individual immunity at this time, meaning one of the Lopevi tribe members will walk away with immunity.  Further evidence shows the men celebrating after their victory, and since they have only won one challenge, this looks like they win it again.  If you compare the placement of the men's buffs to their previous post challenge victory, you will notice they are different.

Jeff says there is a twist at the end of the challenge, and it is likely to do with the men granting another tribe member with immunity or even someone on the opposing tribe with immunity. Other rumors include the winner being able to take away a Survivor from the other tribe on a reward (like Rupert and Kathy) thus making them 'immune' at the Tribal Council scheduled that night.

The first part looks to have to do with getting through a prison cage.  John P. and Lea are seen working out knots to get out of the cage. 

The second part shows the men doing a number of tasks, climbing over a bamboo fence, ascending a rope attached to a horseshoe like fixture at the bottom and finally digging sand to get to the other side of the bamboo cage.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 05:18:47 PM »
Jeff announces "One person will win Immunity "" Here's the twist..."

Whats under the tarp? IC necklace? Reward ? Maybe hunting gear?

Girls... ,there sitting out while the men compete for the individual IC. ??

John K appears to be ahead ..

Bubba/JohnP / Rory cheering someone on? Someone in red Lee? Brady ?

closer look

This picture bothers me? Note John P (side by side with Brady) with no shirt? Is there another part to the challenge?

More to come as my mind wanders ..... :)*

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 10:44:50 AM »
read some where else Brady might be the IC winner~~~ thanks for the vid caps

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 06:13:10 PM »
a little late on this ~ from the Early Show  :)_{}

Survivor: This Time, It's Two

Sept. 30, 2004

(CBS) Tonight's "Survivor" features a twist, as the tribes find out not one but two contestants will be voted off the show.

The show's producers promise frantic politicking as several vulnerable contestants scramble to stay in the struggle for $1 million.

This is the third week of play in the granddaddy of all U.S. reality shows.

So far, the battle lines are being drawn between the young and old on each team.

"Survivor" pundit Greg Feltes of CBS station WBBM in Chicago believes Mia is the most likely woman to lose this week, because of her shock and anger at Eliza's betrayal of the younger female players.
Feltes predicts John P. is the weakest man, because of his confrontational attitude last week.

Last week, Pennsylvania shepherdess Dolly Neely was voted off the island in a last minute shift of alliances.

On her day-after interview on The Early Show, Dolly told co-anchors Harry Smith and Julie Chen, "I have to admit, although I am a tough, tough farm girl, I was happy to get back to the luxuries of a real life."

"Well, you're not eating, and you're not sleeping, and you're trying to acclimate yourself to these eight women that you've known absolutely nothing about and find your place, and it's just a million things that come on you to try to win that million dollars," she said.

The losers of this week's contest will appear on Friday's The Early Show.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/30/earlyshow/series/survivor/main646644.shtml