Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 579808 times)

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2900 on: April 18, 2019, 02:02:47 AM »
What happened with the jellyfish balloons? And the Extreme Roadblock?
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2901 on: April 18, 2019, 02:28:45 AM »

UNSEEN INFO:

The jelly fish balloons had a Tail--one of which contained an Advantage (An Extreme Roadblock) which would Allow the finding team to use the Extreme RB on another team sometime during the race, forcing them to do both RB's>>one each!!           

However...apparently that advantage was never used by the team who found it. So since it wasn't used in the course of the season and therefore had no effect on the outcome, the actual planned task was just edited out of the footage entirely.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:46:59 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2902 on: April 18, 2019, 02:52:55 AM »
That would explain why as edited in the show, the Starting Line task felt pointless. Since the actual interesting part of the task ended up edited out.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2903 on: April 18, 2019, 03:18:12 AM »

UNSEEN INFO:

The jelly fish balloons had a Tail--one of which contained an Advantage (An Extreme Roadblock) which would Allow the finding team to use the Extreme RB on another team, forcing them to do both RB's>>one each!!           

However...apparently that advantage was never used. So since it wasn't used and therefore had no effect on the outcome, the actual planned task was just edited out of the footage..

But who actually got that advantage?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2904 on: April 18, 2019, 04:39:20 AM »

UNSEEN INFO:

The jelly fish balloons had a Tail--one of which contained an Advantage (An Extreme Roadblock) which would Allow the finding team to use the Extreme RB on another team, forcing them to do both RB's>>one each!!           

However...apparently that advantage was never used. So since it wasn't used and therefore had no effect on the outcome, the actual planned task was just edited out of the footage..

That makes more sense now. I remember discussing about the Extreme RB last year during filming, but forgot at which point it was mentioned. It might be another Jessica & John situation with EP where the power being left unused by the team being eliminated before they got to use it.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2905 on: April 18, 2019, 06:45:38 AM »
Adding onto my list of random fun facts: Only the third time, and second time in a row where the bottom 3 teams in the first leg were eliminated from the race in that order.

First time ever that the bottom four teams in the first leg were eliminated in that order.

Also, IF Rachel and Elissa get u-turned by the u-turn vote like the previews of the season make it seem, it's the second season in a row where the 4th place team in leg one gets u-turned and eliminated in 7th place.

Some weird similarities with last season lol.
Wowowow so that means, this season has the most placements in leg 1 that match the teams' final ranking.

I love statistics like this, and this one's indeed very strange and VERY similar to last season.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2906 on: April 18, 2019, 07:17:26 AM »
Were all teams on the same flight to Tokyo? I know last season they edited it to look like they were on the same flight but were actually on 2 different flights to Iceland (with the early flight being delayed).

The starting line task did indeed feel a bit pointless if they just got put onto the same flight, though I am curious which team won the "Extreme RB" advantage.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2907 on: April 18, 2019, 07:31:22 AM »
Is there a chance that Corinne & Eliza were eliminated in Dubai instead of Vietnam II? There was that pink hat photo spoiler and also someone saw them in Dubai according to GP, do you guys remember? It wasn't completely debunked, right? (I really loved them 1st episode so I want 1 more episode of them, lol.)

Do we have "confirmed" that there was only 9 teams in Leg 3? There could be NEL in F10 and then in F9.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2908 on: April 18, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »
No, because the Bonehams had zero appearances after Laos.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2909 on: April 18, 2019, 09:48:53 AM »
Were all teams on the same flight to Tokyo? I know last season they edited it to look like they were on the same flight but were actually on 2 different flights to Iceland (with the early flight being delayed).

The starting line task did indeed feel a bit pointless if they just got put onto the same flight, though I am curious which team won the "Extreme RB" advantage.

\Yes. Same flight.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2910 on: April 18, 2019, 09:52:18 AM »

But who actually got that advantage?

Lets let the show air and see if it is ever mentioned down the road.  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2911 on: April 18, 2019, 08:25:48 PM »
so the extreme roadblock thing was a Tanner & Josh's speed bump... Nice try but would possibly fit for placing as racecourse obstacles instead of a prize, like u-turn

Online dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2912 on: April 18, 2019, 10:16:00 PM »
I wonder if whoever got the Extreme Road Block ended up being eliminated before they had a chance to use it.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #2913 on: April 19, 2019, 02:58:24 PM »
I think that Becca & Floyd might've been U-Turned and then Leo & Jamal U-Turn another team to make sure Team Fun stays in the race.

In one of the preseason previews, you can see Leo & Jamal telling Becca & Floyd that they have their backs and Becca & Floyd thanking them. Now that we see where the U-Turn board was in Laos and that Leo & Jamal are probably using it, it's clear that the aforementioned conversation took place near the U-Turn baord.

Just something to consider :P
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline CoriSanchi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2914 on: April 19, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »
I think that Becca & Floyd might've been U-Turned and then Leo & Jamal U-Turn another team to make sure Team Fun stays in the race.

In one of the preseason previews, you can see Leo & Jamal telling Becca & Floyd that they have their backs and Becca & Floyd thanking them. Now that we see where the U-Turn board was in Laos and that Leo & Jamal are probably using it, it's clear that the aforementioned conversation took place near the U-Turn baord.

That's a stupid idea. Why wouldn't Becca and Floyd just use the other half of the W-Turn
CHARLA & MIRNA ARE QUEEN

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2915 on: April 19, 2019, 03:30:31 PM »
Phill announced U-turn vote to teams in Switzerland so I assume that twist happened in the same leg. Were Rachel & Elissa U-turn voted from the race? We will see, I guess.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2916 on: April 19, 2019, 06:10:29 PM »
so the extreme roadblock thing was a Tanner & Josh's speed bump... Nice try but would possibly fit for placing as racecourse obstacles instead of a prize, like u-turn

Wasn't a speed bump at all
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2917 on: April 19, 2019, 06:18:49 PM »

I mean it works in a similar way with Tanner and Josh's Speed Bump.in TAR27 (both of them have to complete the given roadblock.once)

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2918 on: April 19, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »
Phill announced U-turn vote to teams in Switzerland so I assume that twist happened in the same leg. Were Rachel & Elissa U-turn voted from the race? We will see, I guess.

Winning BB13 and being the only female racer to reach two TAR finales just proved too much of a threat to keep at the Final Seven, to say nothing of America's Favourite BB15 Houseguest.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2919 on: April 19, 2019, 07:44:05 PM »

I mean it works in a similar way with Tanner and Josh's Speed Bump.in TAR27 (both of them have to complete the given roadblock.once)

It was established back during filming that it wasn't that but rather that the person doing the roadblock would have to complete it to a greater extent than the other teams. For example, lets say a person has to sell 10 bowls of whatever, the extreme roadblock might force a team to have to sell 15. At least that's how I understood it.

Edit: I just read back what peach said above. I actually have no idea what I'm talking about, lol
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:38:00 AM by Jro »

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2920 on: April 19, 2019, 07:47:50 PM »

That's a stupid idea. Why wouldn't Becca and Floyd just use the other half of the W-Turn

In that scenario, it's possible that Becca and Floyd get U-turned and then the Afghanimals get to the U-turn board before Becca and Floyd and u-turn someone else to protect Becca and Floyd.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2921 on: April 20, 2019, 10:24:58 AM »

Winning BB13 and being the only female racer to reach two TAR finales just proved too much of a threat to keep at the Final Seven, to say nothing of America's Favourite BB15 Houseguest.

Honestly, I would have thought Colin and Christie, Tyler and Korey or Afghanimals would have been far more strategic choices to U-turn.

Also, those 3 aforementioned teams finished in the top 3 in the first leg, and will also end up in the final 3. Hence, this is the 4th time (after TAR1, 20, 30) that this has happened.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2922 on: April 20, 2019, 09:18:22 PM »
No one would have known they're the F3 at this point. But agreed that not U-Turning the Afghanimals over Team Fun is a strange choice.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2923 on: April 21, 2019, 03:51:41 AM »

It was established back during filming that it wasn't that but rather that the person doing the roadblock would have to complete it to a greater extent than the other teams. For example, lets say a person has to sell 10 bowls of whatever, the extreme roadblock might force a team to have to sell 15. At least that's how I understood it.

Edit: I just read back what peach said above. I actually have no idea what I'm talking about, lol

Can you show me where that is? We may have been mistaken. It is possible that the "Extreme" RB does mean only that each team member has to perform it.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2924 on: April 21, 2019, 09:13:16 AM »
Can you show me where that is? We may have been mistaken. It is possible that the "Extreme" RB does mean only that each team member has to perform it.

It’s actally where they have to do the Roadblock under more arduous conditions or to a higher level of completion.

There was probably something closer to the start of filming, but yeah.