Author Topic: tonights show  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
tonights show
« on: September 16, 2004, 08:13:09 PM »
I missed the first 20 minutes...what was the big twist???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: tonights show
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 08:21:18 PM »
Your here ..they were greeted by the Natives..had a gruesome live pig killing ceremony ..the men drank nasty Java,,offered to them by the Chief ,,the men ,Brady , had the first chance to climb to the top of a greased up pole to take control if the lucky spriit stone..Brady got it..the women and men were seperated and were sent to find there camps in the dark..and pouring rain

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 08:23:01 PM »
 **:)**  knowsalittle's spoiler was right!!  *()*

VH1 is showing inside survivor..right now  **:)**

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 08:33:27 PM »
oh in case anyone wants to know about how tonights show went..

Yasur won immunity challenge  (womens tribe)
Men went to TC..Brook was voted off ,i believe he had 4 votes  :)_{}

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 11:06:24 PM »
**:)** knowsalittle's spoiler was right!! *()*
Yes...KAL's spoiler was so right!  Cool!  Thanks KAL!  *()* :)()

Offline knowsalittle

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 11:31:49 PM »
I had a wonderful one that I gave to Mrs. Puddin via PM. I'm sure she liked it very very much.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 12:23:56 AM »

Mrs. Puddin
  :()()
Could I reveal what you pmed me knowsalittle? :)X  *()* 

EP 1 RECAP
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/

TREK TO CAMP
After being divided into two tribes separated by gender, the Vanuatu castaways headed their separate ways through the dark night in order to find their respective camps. The men's tribe was called Lopevi, while the women were now the Yasur tribe.

As the Yasur tribe negotiated the dangerous rocky beach path, factions quickly developed. Scout Cloud Lee, the 59-year-old rancher from Stillwater, Oklahoma, decided she would stop the trek in order to rest until daylight. She was joined by other tribemates while another group of Yasurs, led by Eliza Orlins, the 21-year-old pre-law student from Syracuse, New York, wanted to move on. Tension filled the air. "I didn't want to be too pushy because I didn't want to be the odd person out," confessed Eliza.

As the men of Lopevi worked to find their camp in the darkness, they had problems with navigation. Rory Freeman, the 35-year-old S8 housing case manager from Des Moines, Iowa, attempted to lead the tribe. After he pled his case, it was clear that Rory's efforts were in vain and had alienated him from the rest. "Rory, I don't think he's gonna fit in. There's one in every bunch," complained Brook.

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME
After finding their camp and enjoying a good night's sleep, the women of Yasur awoke with the task of building a shelter. It was clear right away that certain members of the tribe thought they had more of a work ethic than others. As Twila Tanner, the 41-year old highway repair worker from Marshall, Missouri, Ami Cusack, the 31-year old barista/model from Lakewood, Colorado, and Scout worked hard to build their shelter, some of the younger members of the tribe, including Eliza and Dolly Neely, the 25-year old sheep farmer from Mercer, Pennsylvania, basked in the sun while enjoying a relaxing swim. "I call all these sorority girls 'bowheads' because they all like to hang together," observed Scout, "They're like cattle."
Meanwhile at the Lopevi camp, the men were in serious need of fire in order to boil their water. John Palyok, the 31-year-old sales manager from Los Angeles, California, vigorously attempted to ignite a flame, but his efforts were in vain. After the tribe worked to set up their camp, Chad Crittenden, the 35-year-old teacher from Oakland, California, stunned his tribemates by revealing he has a prosthetic foot. Chad explained that he had recently lost his foot in a battle with cancer. The rest of Lopevi were surprised and inspired, but not necessarily merciful. "All the power to him, I totally think that's inspirational," confessed Brook, "but if I have to vote his ass out of here tomorrow, I'm still gonna vote his ass out of here tomorrow."

IMMUNITY & REWARD CHALLENGE: FIRE STARTER
As the tribes met Jeff Probst for the first Challenge of SURVIVOR:VANUATU, they learned it would be a combination Immunity and Reward Challenge. Jeff Probst explained that this Challenge would be an obstacle course requiring the use of many skills. The castaways first had to go beneath a mud crawl and solve a box maze. Following the box maze, the Survivors must then cross over a very narrow balance beam to light a fire in order to drop a torch. The torch is needed to light a final wok, which would signify the victory, as well as Immunity from the first Tribal Council of SURVIVOR: VANUATU. As a bonus, the winning tribe would also enjoy the reward of flint to help build a much-needed fire.
The competition got off to a dirty start as both tribes navigated the mud crawl. The men made quick work of the puzzle maze and took their lead to the balance beam, where they struggled to cross it one by one. The men maintained their lead until Chris simply could not cross the balance beam. As Chris tried and tried, his tribe witnessed the women of Yasur overtake the lead and go on to the build a fire. Despite being cheered on by his Lopevi tribemates, Chris still could not cross the beam, and the Yasur tribe ignited the wok and torched their way to the crucial Immunity.

THE WEAKEST LINK MUST GO
After returning to camp from the crushing defeat, most of the Lopevi members deemed it a forgone conclusion that Chris would be the first one voted off because of his balance beam failure. Some members of the tribe had other ideas, however, as Lea Masters, the 40-year-old drill sergeant from Columbia, South Carolina, started to build an alliance on the fly with some of the older members of Lopevi. Lea acknowledged that the younger tribe members might be stronger, but they were also cockier and therefore must be dealt with. As Lea explained, "I'm gonna pick the young ones off one by one until there's only four people left."

In the end, Lea's plan was off to a good start as young Brook was shocked to witness the five out of nine votes that made him the first castaway to be voted out of SURVIVOR: VANUATU.

Join hosts Richard Hatch & Chris Booker for SURVIVOR LIVE: THE INTERNET TALK SHOW, Thursdays and Fridays at 11AM ET/2PM PT, only on CBS.com. Read more about SURVIVOR LIVE.

Next on Survivor
A tribe deals with very grim conditions as one castaway has a tearful meltdown after finding maggots in the tribe's food.

A wild chicken wanders into the Yasur camp and sends the hungry tribe into a frenzy as they try to catch the chicken with a machete.

One Survivor tries to take advantage of tensions between two tribemates after a loss at the Reward Challenge.

Two castaways think they are the swing vote, leading to a very unpredictable Tribal Council.

Offline knowsalittle

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 12:32:52 AM »
Could I reveal what you pmed me knowsalittle?

Of course, is there a time in that PM also... put that too, just for good measure.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 12:43:40 AM »
This is what knowsalittle pmed me.. way before the S9  aired..I was sworn to secrecy  :)X...
 *()* cheers to knowsalittle ..how do you do it??
Did anyone else turn away when that hatchet came down onto the live pig ?.. :P

knowsalittle
RFF Newbie

I love Reality TV!

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: puddin on: Yesterday at 06:14:35pm »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK...

they get off the boats,... the natives come running with spears and herd them into groups, men sit women kneel. Jeff states they will now watch a ritual. the pig is killed. Pigs blood is put on the mens faces. Brady is picked to climb a pole covered in pig fat to reach the spirit stone. He gets it. because he does, the teams (which they did not realize they where) reamain men vs. women.

Fun huh.

Offline iandude

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 01:41:45 AM »
I need to stop buying into the things the tribes say before the Tribal Council. I thought for sure, based on his failure in the IC, that Chris would be voted off. I didn't really get what Brook did to get voted off?

Offline knowsalittle

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 02:08:31 AM »
Unfortunetly the show is less than one hour so you only get to see what they want. I do believe that Jeff mentioned Brook had a mouth on him. More than likely that got under a few peoples skin.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 02:34:28 AM »
From CBS's site
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/index.shtml
You can watch the insider video's iandude ..their are some extras that where edited out of the show.

My biggest surprise was Lee, the Sargeant, I had him pegged as a arsehole . Now I  think he's ok !
and Rory..he looks so different from his photo's ..I wasn't sure who he was a few times  **0
My favorite Male's..Gotta love Chad & Brady..mm mmm mmm  ;;)
The women ...well the "Bowheads" must go ! I don't have a real favorite yet, LeeAnn seems alright .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 11:28:29 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/16/earlyshow/series/survivor/main643837.shtml

Bon Voyage, Brook!
(CBS) The premiere of "Survivor: Vanuatu" kicked off with a traditional island initiation ritual to welcome the Survivor tribes to their temporary digs in the South Pacific.

The tribes, Yasur and Lopevi, are split according to sex. Gender division became an issue early in the episode -- with tribal customs that celebrated the status of men and excluded their female counterparts -- and threaded through to the show's bitter end.

At a deeply divided tribal council - three members got votes for elimination - Brook Geraghty, a 27-year-old project manager from Winthrop, Mass., was ousted from the game.

The Survivors arrived by boat to the Vanuatu islands, located near Australia and Fiji in the southern Pacific, and were greeted by tribal residents skimming across clear, turquoise surf in hand-made skiffs to shuttle them to the beach.

A ritual to grant the contestants access to the land followed and entailed a group of warriors rushing the Survivors with spears, the slaughtering of a live pig, and a competition to gain possession of a spiritual rock believed to grant good fortune to its holder. The male Lopevi tribe took the stone.

A sudden downpour ended the ceremony and the tribes set off in the dark to locate their camps in opposite directions down the beach. This battle of the sexes is also shaping up to become a clash between young and old.

Early in their efforts to build a shelter, the older women accused the young "sorority girls" of shirking work to bask in the sun. On the men's side, elder members made an early pact to form a united front against their younger, stronger tribemates.

The two tribes faced off for the first time in a combination reward-immunity challenge that included mud crawl, maze game, balance beam and fire-making obstacles. The men took an early lead, but last man on the balance beam, 33-year-old Chris Daugherty, could not make it across without falling off. The women were the final victors, nabbing both flint to make fire, and the immunity staff.

The Lopevi tribe was left to muddle through its first tribal council decision. The younger men dubbed Chris "the weakest link," and he seemed an easy target to become the first man voted off the island. But in an unexpected twist, Brook Geraghty, 27, who didn't make much of an impression positive or negative in this debut episode, got the most votes and was the first member of "Survivor: Vanuatu" to head home.

"The one thing I wanted was to not be the first person voted off Survivor," he said in his parting testimonial.

As The Early Show co-anchor Rene Syler said the morning after the premiere, it seemed "a no-brainer" that Chris would get the boot. After all, it was his inability to walk the balance beam that made it possible for the Yasur team to win immunity.

Brook's response: "I think Chris said it himself last night: 'Survivor' has nothing to do with balancing. If it did, he would be gone."

He liked the immunity challenge itself, telling Syler, "It was awesome and fun." He had no problem getting across the balance beam, though he did say that it hurt.

Syler asked him if there was anything that the home audience did not see on tape, something that would have made Brook a target.

"No, no, I didn't act up. Nothing," he said. "I was totally P.C. And I was having a great time. We had a blast, all nine of us. We got along really well. I think Rory was probably the only outcast of the group; he was doing his own thing. The first three days, we had so much fun. There is a group of crazy characters on the Lopevi tribe."

When the tribes were broken up into men and women, Brook said he was not pleased. He thought he might have fared better if there had been women in his tribe, because his physical strength would have been considered a greater asset.

"I kept thinking of 'Amazon,' and on the Amazon, first two strong guys went early, and they started with one strong guy last night," he told Syler. "I think I'm pretty strong."

Also on the first episode, Chad revealed that he's an amputee, having lost part of his right leg to cancer. This did come as a surprise to Brook, who explained, "He was running around doing everything. I had no idea he was an amputee… He did pretty good."

Syler pointed out that Brook has been a huge "Survivor" fan.

"Totally," he said. "I'm so happy I made it... But when I made it, I envisioned me being on day 30 just, like, sweating and hungry, dirty."

And, with only one stumble, he successfully named those in the "club" he had just joined, the first castoffs of each "Survivor" season: Sonja Christopher, Debb Eaton, Diane Ogden, Peter Harkey, John Raymond, Ryan Shoulders, Nicole Delma, Tina Wesson and – finally, unfortunately – Brook Geraghty.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 04:30:25 PM »
I am now positive that whoever the show WANTS us to think is getting voted off, will NOT get voted off that episode... They always like people to be surprised...  B:)
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2004, 06:19:45 PM »
i did like that the older men got their heads together right off and they got Brook voted out.  i do not think Brook really did anything, but the older men decided that if they did not start getting rid of some of the young guys that they would go first.  i think they talked Chris into going along with them so that he was not voted off.  i hope the older ladies are that smart when the woman loose...  The older guys were talking about which of the young ones they really needed to keep and which one they could safely get rid of.  i did like that they were smart right from the start, it was good thinking.  Maybe because they have watched the other seasons, some of the guys admitted that they had never watched Survivor in their introductory videos...

t

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 02:37:33 AM »
Well t, ya know what hit me right after the show?  That Maybe the guys who are already aligned...threw the challenge so they could go ahead & get rid of Brook.  Yeh, Chris did look purdy UNbalanced...but maybe that was all an act?  Some guys are clumsy in balancing challenges, but Chris seemed to me like he went a bit overboard (he he...no pun!).  I'm gonna rewatch the tape...to ck again.  

Offline BeyondRealLife

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Prepare to be exiled!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 04:38:39 AM »
I think you might be onto something there rudy
Chris did seem a little over the top on the balancing act. :\/
Maybe it was all a plot to get the first young strong male out
of the tribe. I also didn't like the sight of seeing that pig get bashed
in the head with the big mallet thing. I'm glad I wasn't there for
that. As much as I enjoy my bacon and pork chops thats just something
I didn't want to see. Poor piggy  :':')

BRL
BRL

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2004, 03:53:46 AM »
I think you might be onto something there rudy
Chris did seem a little over the top on the balancing act. :\/
Maybe it was all a plot to get the first young strong male out
of the tribe.
Yes, exactly what I thought.  Maybe the guys who voted Brook out will discuss their strategy at the start of EP 2?  Hope so! ;D

Rudy

Offline BeyondRealLife

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Prepare to be exiled!
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 04:55:30 AM »
Yes, and did anyone notice where Chris was on the balancing beam for EP2? Right at the very end  :()()
At least this time if the men had one they wouldn't have to worry about Chris falling in the water 20times :)X
I wonder how they decided the order for the players on the beam ?:)? Very good EP and this season looks
very good with plentyof interesting characters.

BRL
BRL