Author Topic: TAR round 11 Game discussusion  (Read 4705 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR round 11 Game discussusion
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:50:40 PM »
Spoilers to come ..What we know , someone uses the Yield next episode ? The arm reaching for the Yield box ..looks like Chips ? Could it be that C/K use the yield on the Moms ? or Colin& Christie?
I may be totally wrong here and its someone else using the yield  :\/ 
Is this the last non-elimination episode ? or will they save the non-elim for the 2hour season finale?

From Titan TV
Amazing Race 5       
WYOU 2   Tuesday 9/21/2004 9:00 PM, 2 hrs 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing Race 5       

You've Just Made Me a Millionaire! 

The 29-day, 70,000-mile around-the-world race concludes with the final teams dashing from the Philippines to the finish line. Phil Keoghan is the host.  (2004)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoilers /Speculation

From sucks
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=3085.topic

From
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=TAR5spoilers;action=display;num=1092370181
Well we have our final 3.

BRANDON/NICOLE were spotted in Denver
COLIN/CHRISTIE were spotted in Banff
CHIP/KIM were spotted on a bus from Banff to Calgary

Speculation is that the Twins are eliminated in New Zealand or Manila, and the Bowling Moms are eliminated in Manila or Palawan.

From Blows~
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/819.shtml

From CBS~
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/

VideoPreview
Next on The Amazing Race
Tuesday, September 14 10PM ET/PT

One Team gets lost right out of the Pit Stop and starts fighting with each other.

Several Racers have to face their fear of heights in a harrowing Roadblock that forces them to walk across a narrow girder high above the waters of Auckland Harbor. Will they be able to complete the task?

After 10 legs of the Race, one Team finally decides to use the Yield. The Yielded Team is stunned and furious. Will time lost during the Yield mean elimination?

One Team finds themselves stuck in the mud at the mercy of a stubborn ox.

The Amazing Race 5 Weekly Challenge
Round: 11
Which team will be eliminated?       (Weight: 140)
 Brandon and Nicole
 Colin and Christie
 Chip and Kim
Linda and Karen
 None of these

Who will be at the pit stop with Phil to greet the racers?       (Weight: 60)
 An individual male
 An individual female
 More than one person or something else
Which team will use the Yield this week?       (Weight: 55)
 Brandon and Nicole
 Colin and Christie
 Chip and Kim
 Linda and Karen
 None of these

Will the minutes in Colin and Christie's announced starting time be an odd number or an even number?       (Weight: 55)
 Even 
 Odd

Spoiler Question: In what country is the pit stop for leg 11?       (Weight: 25)
 Australia
 China
 Fiji
 Indonesia
 Japan
 Malaysia
Philippines
 Samoa
 Singapore
 United States
 Someplace else

Which team will one or more greeters at the pit stop talk to this week?       (Weight: 40)
 Brandon and Nicole
 Colin and Christie
 Chip and Kim
 Linda and Karen
 None of these

Which team does the second detour that Phil describes?       (Weight: 40)
 Brandon and Nicole
 Colin and Christie
 Chip and Kim
 Linda and Karen
 None of these

Which team finishes in the top two?       (Weight: 85)
 Brandon and Nicole
 Colin and Christie
 Chip and Kim
 Linda and Karen

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR round 11 Game discussusion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 11:22:29 PM »
Kudo's to Cole for helping me find the spoilers  ;;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR round 11 Game discussusion "Spoilers"
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 01:11:49 AM »
Some spoilers from Sucks

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessageRange?topicID=3079.topic&start=101&stop=106

Reply   Re: Palawan not in Route Map

rachel lopez69
(9/9/04 12:02 am)
Reply   Re: Palawan not in Route Map
 Spoiler here........

The next episode will be a non-elimination one coz my friend from Power-up (Filipino people who helped set-up the challenges in Palawan) confirmed that there were 4 teams that made it to the palawan episode which is Episode 12. We should expect mountain climbing activities.... 

MidwayHavYes it is.

Here are the following screen shots I saw on AXN about the two episodes to come:

Colin and Christie opening and rushing through a cyclone-wire fence gate to what seems to be a private beach. (Palawan probably)

Chip and Kim running across what looks like a small-town marker and wild coconut trees. (Palawan most likely.)

A close up of a route marker in front of a grove of even more wild coconut trees, something that doesn't exist in Manila as far as I know.

From these shots I can assume that Linda and Karen would not be in the Palawan leg, eliminated in the fourth place where, seemingly, all other racers which almost everyone roted for were put to. en

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 01:28:32 AM »
somemore from sucks
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=3419.topic

posted by beatlebum79
Translation...

The Power Up people (Power Up is a mountain climbers org here in the Phils, btw) set up the challenges in the El Nido leg so expect mountain climbing activities. Four teams reached El Nido and Doods told me that he was the one who assisted BRANDON and NICOLE. According to him, look for the hand who assisted Brandon and Nicole in that scene and that's his. Anyway, that means they were able to reach the Philippines. According to him also, Colin is really an ass, which means two white american teams made it. But if you've seen the episode today, you know who were eliminated. I feel sad because there will be no more dumb moves in the next episodes. This is it, an eyewitness account! He also said that Brandon and Nicole are very kind and good looking
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 01:38:48 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 05:48:09 PM »

This week your team drops to ONE. If you don't remove someone from your team, one will be selected for you automatically. Think before picking.

Dear Lord! What a debate about names. Oy. Clearly you people have deity issues. Christie said God. God, I say! Sometimes known as George Burns in the midwest. Now everyone say ten Hail Mary's, three Our Father's and pray that Mediiia Whore doesn't call for a plague of midgets to rain on your heads during the finale. We are still cleaning up the forum after Jun's midnight victory snack last year.

Mediiia Whore is feeling forgiving this week. So Geo1bar2, survives to spoil another day. But Mediiia Whore will be watching you. Two answers were tied for the least amount of votes. Meh

Cumulative Scores
Member Score Rank
puddin 3920 1
x_kicks 3904 2
weecama 3855 3
jmarsh98 3599 4
TexanSurvivor 3112 5
Snickers_Rise_2_Fame 3011 6
dieevilpecker 2806 7
Mamaschatzi 1656 8
Round 10 Scores
Member Score Rank
puddin 364 1
weecama 358 2
TexanSurvivor 350 3
x_kicks 347 4
Snickers_Rise_2_Fame 238 5
jmarsh98 211 6
dieevilpecker 103 7
Mamaschatzi 32 8
Round 10 Scores
Member Score Rank
puddin 364 1
weecama 358 2
TexanSurvivor 350 3
x_kicks 347 4
Snickers_Rise_2_Fame 238 5
jmarsh98 211 6
dieevilpecker 103 7
Mamaschatzi 32 8

My Picks 
Question My Answer
Who is eliminated? (80 Minutes of Fame)  Brandon/Nicole Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Linda/Karen No one 
Is the yield used this leg? (33 Minutes of Fame)  No YES! 
Who uses the yield? (33 Minutes of Fame)  Brandon/Nicole Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Linda/Karen 
Who is the yield used on? (33 Minutes of Fame)  Brandon/Nicole Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Linda/Karen 
Will anyone other than Colin and Christie finish first? (35 Minutes of Fame)  No, Colin owns this race Yes, Mirna sees to it 
Which team gets lost? (31 Minutes of Fame)  Brandon/Nicole Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Linda/Karen None of them 
Who has the hardest time completing the Roadblock? (as determined by Mediiia Whore) (20 Minutes of Fame)  Brandon Chip Christie Colin Karen Kim Linda Nicole None of them 
Does this leg of the race end in New Zealand? (20 Minutes of Fame)  No it doesn't Yes it does 
Will God help Brandon and Nicole again? (34 Minutes of Fame)  No, God helping Rupert this week Yes, he has nothing better to do 
Which team arrives at the Detour first? (50 Minutes of Fame)  Brandon/Nicole Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Linda/Karen 
Which team arrives at the Roadblock first? (50 Minutes of Fame)  Brandon/Nicole Chip/Kim Colin/Christie Linda/Karen 
Will there be a Hurricane Mirna hitting Florida before the next update? (41 Minutes of Fame)  No, it gets eliminated near Cuba No, it's letting Charla do all the work No, it's too busy hugging Phil No, it's yielded by Colin and Christie Yes and it blows 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 06:50:50 PM »
CBS EyeMail~

Several Racers have to face their fear of heights in a harrowing Roadblock that forces them to walk across a narrow girder high above the waters of Auckland Harbor. Will they be able to complete the task?

After 10 legs of the Race, one Team finally decides to use the Yield. The Yielded Team is stunned and furious. Will time lost during the Yield mean elimination?

One Team finds themselves stuck in the mud at the mercy of a stubborn ox.

See all this and more Tuesday, September 14, 8PM ET/PT

spoiler
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=TAR5spoilers;action=display;num=10847667001;start=30#30
sk698
THe Ranking are as follows:

1. Karen and Linda
2. Colin and Christie
3. Brandon and Nicole
4. Chip and Kim
Chip and Kim were yielded by B/N...

My Planet picks
You submitted the following:
Round: 11

Single-answer questions:
Question 1: Which team will be eliminated?
Your answer: None of these
Question 2: Who will be at the pit stop with Phil to greet the racers?
Your answer: An individual female
Question 3: Which team will use the Yield this week?
Your answer: Brandon and Nicole
Question 4: Will the minutes in Colin and Christie\'s announced starting time be an odd number or an even number?
Your answer: Even
Question 5: Spoiler Question: In what country is the pit stop for leg 11?
Your answer: Philippines
Multiple-answer questions:
Question 1: Which team will one or more greeters at the pit stop talk to this week?
Your answer: Linda and Karen
Question 2: Which team does the second detour that Phil describes?
Your answer: Colin and Christie
Question 3: Which team finishes in the top two?
Your answer: Linda and Karen

My Media Whore picks
My Picks 
Question My Answer
Who is eliminated? (80 Minutes of Fame) No one
Is the yield used this leg? (33 Minutes of Fame) YES!
Who uses the yield? (33 Minutes of Fame) Brandon/Nicole
Who is the yield used on? (33 Minutes of Fame) Chip/Kim
Will anyone other than Colin and Christie finish first? (35 Minutes of Fame) Yes, Mirna sees to it
Which team gets lost? (31 Minutes of Fame) Colin/Christie
Who has the hardest time completing the Roadblock? (as determined by Mediiia Whore) (20 Minutes of Fame) Colin
Does this leg of the race end in New Zealand? (20 Minutes of Fame) No it doesn't 
Will God help Brandon and Nicole again? (34 Minutes of Fame) Yes, he has nothing better to do
Which team arrives at the Detour first? (50 Minutes of Fame) Colin/Christie
Which team arrives at the Roadblock first? (50 Minutes of Fame) Linda/Karen
Will there be a Hurricane Mirna hitting Florida before the next update? (41 Minutes of Fame) No, it's letting Charla do all the work

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 08:43:21 PM »
CBS EYEMAIL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 12:16:35 AM »

Wow PapaBear..Way to go ..one wrong answer ..I'm jealous lol   ;;) Did you join in our S9 games??
All & All Great Job teamates  ^:)^ 

Check this out   ^:)^  :)()

Player's Leader Board   

jmarsh98 2915

PapaBear 2845 2nd place over all ..Wow PapaBear..imagine if you didn't miss the first round  ?:)

Round 11 Results
 PapaBear 2845 +445

weecama 2640 +365

Spooky2 2360 +365

RupertBdman 2030 +310

TexanSurvivor 1945 +195

brownguy 1410 +225

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 08:40:25 AM »
Funny thing is that yesterday I went in to change some of my answers and it wouldn't let me (like the one about who used the yield).  Had it let me change I would have done much worse.  I guess it is better to go with the gut on some of these.

Was the only question that I missed the one about the time that C&C started?  I know that I missed that one (said odd but it was even).

One more thing - are we sure that there is another elimination next week?  I know it is the finale, so is there going to be a pit stop in the middle of the episode somewhere or could all four of these teams be going for the prize?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 03:24:34 PM by PapaBear »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 10:57:04 AM »
Yes..one more elim ..I don't know how it will work,its a 2 hour finale, and I don't remember there ever being 4 teams in the finale   ?:)?
This is the only question that you missed PapaBear..what a dumb question..who would have known..?
Will the minutes in Colin and Christie's announced starting time be an odd number or an even number?       (Weight: 55) 
PapaBear's answer: Odd 
Correct answer: Even 

Next on The Amazing Race
Tuesday, September 14 10PM ET/PT

The Final Four Teams enter the two final legs of the Race. Feeling the pressure, one Team lies to another Team and leads them astray in order to gain a crucial lead. Will it work? How will the last minute, cutthroat strategies affect the race to the finish?

Teams must push themselves through pain and exhaustion on a grueling 150-foot rope climb up a towering rock face that becomes one of the most intense Roadblocks in the history of THE AMAZING RACE.

One Racer has a severe emotional breakdown after a series of crashes during a final leg Detour. (Colon ?..I hope so  :)* )

After 72,000 miles of travel, Teams reach the end city. Every move, every minute, every decision can mean the difference between $1 million and second place during a very tight Race to the finish line. Find out who will with THE AMAZING RACE!