Author Topic: whats up with amazing race tonite??  (Read 8895 times)

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
whats up with amazing race tonite??
« on: September 07, 2004, 08:30:46 PM »
hows it going on show ???
let me know thanks

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Re: whats up with amazing race tonite??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 08:45:15 PM »
i'll let you know when CBS post it's recap tomorrow....  :()() since it hasn't aired yet.  8-)'
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 08:48:14 PM »
marv ..the amazing race isnt on yet ..another 10 minutes..i'll let you know what happens  :)_{}

umm  8-)'   your bad Cole :()()

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 09:01:35 PM »
it should be over  because, big brother finished then amazing race it is offical over.. why is tmw??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 09:17:28 PM »
No marv TAR is just starting  :)_{}

Racers on there way to new Zealand
Brandon & Nicole asking peep for money..they get some & some more
all teams pretty much bunched at the airport

K&K are having trouble making the connecting flight

commercial

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 09:20:03 PM »
Marv...where are you from? outside the US? Just curious why you can't see it.

Anyway, just fyi. TAR (short for The Amazing Race) comes on after BB (short for Big Brother). so no one officially knows the outcome until 11pm on Tues. nights.

Hope that helps u.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 09:42:02 PM »
Detour .. (white water sledding) sledging? or searching for the clue in mud
C&C did the water
B&N rafting

aww the yield not used
(my points  :':') ) dang

moms going for the rafting

C&C first
Bowling moms second

still ongoing

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 09:52:12 PM »
B&N found the clue in the mud

K&K going for the mud

C/K going for the raft

K&K are Toast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :()()

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 10:24:28 PM »
First
C&C
Bowling moms
Brandon & Nicole
Chip n Kim

Last and eliminated..The Twins

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 01:10:40 AM »
it should be over  because, big brother finished then amazing race it is offical over.. why is tmw??

tmw??  uhh...say what????

Offline marv

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 03:27:45 AM »
thanks, puddin

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 07:45:39 AM »

[IM

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 11:51:18 AM »
dang it I thought someone would use the yeild!!!  darn it!!!  I think I will have a better score on MW then the other one!!!

I was so nervous at the end for chip and kim when they did not use the yeild !!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 12:00:59 PM »
So next week either Chip uses it on Colin or vice versa ?? Rumor is that Chip & Kim go far??

RECAP~
Dating couple Colin & Christie recorded their third consecutive and sixth overall first-place finish as Teams made their way from India to New Zealand. The dating couple encountered a small bump in the road, quarreling momentarily over directions, but the pair led throughout the leg, enjoying some adventure sports in New Zealand. Married parents Chip & Kim found themselves in a battle for last place after Chip played a joke by pretending to use the Yield. But in the end, twins Kami & Karli became the seventh Team eliminated from THE AMAZING RACE.

OUT OF INDIA
Departing the Pit Stop at Victoria Memorial in first place at 2:35am, Colin & Christie opened their clue to discover they needed to fly over 7,000 miles to Auckland, New Zealand, and drive an additional 200 miles to the town of Rotorua to find the Rotorua Museum to get their next clue. However, Teams needed to purchase tickets to leave India from a nearby travel agency because local laws did not allow travelers to book international flights leaving India from the airport. On their focus for this leg, Christie commented, "Obviously, it's a great morale boost to come in first, but Colin and I need to work on being okay if things are not going perfectly. If we can learn to do that, we'll be a lot more successful."

Leaving the Pit Stop two minutes later, Chip & Kim met up with Colin & Christie. As both Teams sped away in taxis to the travel agency, Chip remarked, "[They] are the number one competitors. Kim and I are going to be nice to a point, but we know that we have to batten down our hatches and play our game alone."

While dating Christians Brandon & Nicole, who were stripped of all their money by virtue of a last place finish in the previous leg, struggled to raise funds in a hotel lobby, Chip & Kim and Colin & Christie arrived at the travel agency. The two Teams booked tickets on an Indian Airlines flight that would arrive in Bangkok, Thailand at 1:25pm. From Bangkok to Auckland, the Teams found a Singapore Airlines flight that would arrive in New Zealand at 11:35am. However, that flight, along with all others, was booked at the time. With only tickets to Bangkok in their hands, Chip & Kim and Colin & Christie left for the airport hoping to secure a flight to Auckland there.

Departing from Victoria Memorial at 3:25am, bowling moms Linda & Karen expressed their hopes for the leg. Linda remarked, "Karen's and my goal for this leg of the Race is to stay in the top three. It's hard when you're at the bottom and you're always crawling out." Like Colin & Christie and Chip & Kim, the bowling moms booked tickets on the Indian Airlines flight to Bangkok at the travel agency, but went to the airport without a connecting flight to Auckland.
As Chip & Kim and Colin & Christie arrived at the airport to discover ticket counters closed until 7am, Kami & Karli departed from the Pit Stop. Karli commented, "Twins do not always get along. Kami and I are so much alike. When one thing bothers her, it bothers me, too. To finish in the top, we need to stay calm and get along with one another." After securing tickets on the Indian Airlines flight at the travel agency, the twins were the first Team to book a connecting flight from Bangkok to Auckland on Qantas, arriving at 2:15pm, with the intention of finding an earlier flight at the airport.

After soliciting enough money to be competitive, Brandon & Nicole left the Pit Stop at 6:07am. On the status of their Team, Brandon remarked, "Nicki and I almost being eliminated has taught us never to give up. But to catch up, we need to support each other and just leave it in the Lord's hands." The Christians breathed a sigh of relief when they caught up with the other four Teams by booking the Indian Airlines flight to Bangkok, but hurried to the airport, as they also did not secure a connecting flight to Auckland.

FLIGHT FOLLIES
When the ticket counters opened at 7am, Kami & Karli and Linda & Karen went to check in on the Indian Airlines flight, while Colin & Christie and Chip & Kim wisely attempted to snag tickets on the earliest connecting flight to Auckland on Singapore Airlines, landing at 11:35am. By virtue of walking into the office first, Colin & Christie secured the tickets, while Chip & Kim did not. Instead, Chip & Kim settled for a New Zealand Air flight arriving twenty minutes later than Colin & Christie. Kim commented, "Colin & Christie, they beat us to the punch. From this point forward, Chip and I have to be more aggressive."

Arriving at the airport, Brandon & Nicole also managed to book tickets on the Air New Zealand flight landing at 11:55am, while Linda & Karen opted for a Malaysia Air flight touching down at 12:20pm. Instead of using ticket agents, Kami & Karli attempted to secure earlier tickets than their 2:15pm flight by using telephone, but came up empty-handed when all Teams needed to board their flight to Bangkok.

Landing in Bangkok, Kami & Karli made a last ditch effort to get on the Singapore Airlines flight with Colin & Christie by claiming to have reservations when they did not. Their plan, of course, did not work, as the ticket agent couldn't find the booking for the twins. With only one hope left, Kami & Karli hurried to the Qantas counter, desperately pleading for standby tickets on a flight carrying Chip & Kim and Brandon & Nicole to Sydney. With the plane's engines revving and Karli nearly breaking down from the stress, the twins got the tickets, ran through the airport and barely made the flight. From Sydney, the twins secured a Qantas flight scheduled to arrive at 12:15pm, two hours earlier than their original flight and five minutes ahead of now last-place Linda & Karen.

THE GREAT ADVENTURE
Landing in Auckland, New Zealand in first place, Colin & Christie began the drive to Rotorua in search of the Rotorua Museum by quickly finding Route One, which would take them there. Arriving twenty minutes later, Brandon & Nicole also found Route One with relative ease, while Chip & Kim became lost. The time Chip & Kim lost trying to find the highway allowed Linda & Karen, who arrived last in Auckland, to pass the married couple. Kami & Karli, like Chip & Kim, became lost and slipped to the back of the pack as all Teams headed to Rotorua.
Pulling into the gate of the Rotorua Museum in first place, Colin & Christie opted not to use the Yield once again, stating, "We're not going to yield someone to try and screw them over." Opening their next clue, the dating couple encountered a Detour. This Detour offered Teams a choice between "Clean" and "Dirty." Clean required Teams to drive 13 miles to Okere Falls and perform a New Zealand adventure sport called sledging. With the help of two river guides, they must ride down a one-mile whitewater river course with only a small board, called a sledge, for protection. Sledging down the river would be scary, but Teams that braved the rapids could finish quickly. Teams choosing Dirty must drive 10 miles to Hell's Gate and search for clues buried in a large mud pool. There was nothing scary about the task, but searching through the hot mud could take a long time. Opting for Clean because it would most likely be faster, Colin & Christie began the drive to Okere Falls, but became lost leaving Rotorua. Christie insisted on the route to take, but Colin didn't believe her, sharply asking to see her map. When she was proven correct, an annoyed Christie complained, "It's called trusting me, and you're not doing it." Colin immediately apologized, prompting Christie to remark, "I definitely feel like my and Colin's relationship is growing."

With Brandon & Nicole choosing Dirty and Linda & Karen choosing Clean, Colin & Christie arrived at Okere Falls and began to don wetsuits alongside the raging river. The pair from Texas plunged into the water with their sledges and began down the rough course. While appearing to be fun and easy at first, the course became increasingly difficult until they reached a waterfall, the highest anyone can sledge in the world. Thrill-seeker Colin went first, loving every second of his plunge over the waterfall. Christie showed more trepidation, but completed the task to Colin's cheers of encouragement. Colin commented, "Christie is constantly impressing me on this Race. She is constantly doing things that I'm amazed." After exiting the water, Colin & Christie opened their clue, which instructed them to drive 20 miles to Matapara Farms to find the next Route Marker.

A BAD JOKE
As Brandon & Nicole began searching through the mud at Hell's Gate, quickly realizing the potential futility in this option, Chip & Kim and Kami & Karli arrived together at the Rotorua Museum. With the smallest of leads, Chip decided to play a joke on the twins by pretending to Yield them. Chip quickly learned the joke was on him when he saw only two clues left in the Cluebox, and he realized that the bowling moms had passed them. Knowing that he made a mistake by not Yielding the twins, Chip, along with Kim, chose to perform the Clean Detour, while Kami & Karli opted for Dirty.

Brandon & Nicole continued to dig in the large mud field with no success. An exasperated Nicole noted, "We should have done the whitewater thing, because this could take forever." At this point, Linda & Karen arrived at Okere Falls, unaware that they could pass second-place Brandon & Nicole by completing the sledging course. Although both the bowling moms were more than a little concerned when faced with the giant waterfall, they sledged into the chilly water below, proud of their success. On the drive to Matapara Farms, Karen remarked, "The highest you can go on a sledge, we did it." Brandon & Nicole, now in third place, grew increasingly frustrated at not finding the clue in the hot mud. Nicole quipped, "This just sucks."

ONCE AGAIN
Arriving at Matapara Farms in first place, Colin & Christie encountered a Roadblock. In this Roadblock, one Team member had to inflate a zorb, which is a giant plastic ball, get in it, and roll down the hill while bouncing around inside. The zorb had water inside to protect against scraping from the plastic. At the bottom of the hill, like a hamster in a wheel, the participant needed to walk the zorb across the finish line, join their partner, and run to the Pit Stop at the top of the hill.
Excited, Colin blew up his zorb, jumped in, and rolled down the hill, screaming all the way down. On his experience, Colin commented, "You're just rolling down the hill so fast around, it's like this moving waterslide. It's crazy." After rolling the zorb across the finish line, Colin, along with Christie, ran up the hill and stepped onto the mat in first place once again. Host Phil Keoghan informed the dating couple they had won a trip to romantic Europe for their efforts.

Reaching the Pit Stop after zorbing, a stunned Linda & Karen learned they were in second place, their highest finish ever. Karen joked, "We did it right this time." Linda added, "We're doing pretty good for moms."

Brandon & Nicole continued to search through the mud for their hidden clue, almost reaching their breaking point. Brandon finally calmed himself and Nicole down by asking the Lord to help them. Brandon's prayers were answered when he finally reached down and picked up a clue. Leaving Hell's Gate as quickly as possible, the dating Christians saw the twins arrive and remarked, "Twins may very well just stick their hands in one time and find it. That's why we gotta hurry."

ELIMINATION
When Chip & Kim arrived at Okere Falls, they knew that the race to avoid elimination was on. Chip said, "In this Race, you never give up." Plunging into the water, the pair began their sledging excursion, while Kami & Karli searched through the mud at Hell's Gate.

As Brandon & Nicole checked in at the Pit Stop in third place, only Kami & Karli and Chip & Kim remained on the course. Just as the married parents completed the sledging, Kami got lucky by pulling a clue out of the mud. Separately, both Teams raced towards Matapara Farms with the threat of elimination hanging over them. Chip & Kim arrived at the Roadblock first, with Chip completing it for a fourth-place finish. Phil asked the relieved pair what lesson they learned from this leg. Chip replied, "Use the Yield!"

In the end, Kami & Karli completed the Roadblock and stepped onto the mat in last place. Phil informed the pair they had been eliminated from the Race. On her sister, Karli remarked, "Kami and my relationship could be better. We're so much alike that it's hard to deal with ourselves times two. But because of this Race, I think that we've come a long way." Kami added, "It only makes sense that Karli and I are doing something like this together. We're going to continue being together in different races of our life. We're sisters. We love each other."

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 08:11:57 PM »
I don't understand why Chip and Kim (for some odd reason, referred to as "Married Parents," as though that's something noteworthy or unusual) were second-guessing themselves for not using the Yield.  Unless I remember wrong, only the twins were behind them.

The Yield would have put the twins ten or fifteen minutes deeper into the night, and deeper into last place.  (Anyone else notice that they were the only ones to finish under floodlamps?)

So, please straighten me out on this if my observations are wrong.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 08:17:58 PM »
Something was edited Car84 , there was a spoiler awhile back that said that the Twins wrecked, or almost wrecked there car  :\/

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 09:52:10 PM »
i agree Car84.  We just watched the tape and all the yeild would have done is put the twins further behind them.  i think it was good that they saved the yeild.  The twins were last any way. Maybe the yeild will REALLY help them next week.

t

ps i am sooo happy the moms and Chip and Kim are still in this.  i wanted the moms to win at the beginning of the game, then after watching Chip and Kim play i really started liking them.  i want them to win the most now (they really seem to have good attitudes in my opinion), if they don't win i want the moms to win. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 11:17:32 PM »
Me too, t.  It would be so cool if C/K & the moms are final two!  BTW, it was totally awesome seeing them do the Rapids!  ^:)^  I was really cheering them on for their gutzy attitude!   :)() :)()

Ruday ;D

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 08:30:28 AM »
i was really cheering them on also.  i figured Chip and Kim would do the rapids, there attitudes just keep them going and doing the hard stuff even when they are scared.  It is all like an adventure to them.  i was so glad when the moms did the rapids, i was afraid that they would chicken out when they saw the last one, they did great though... 

Those models are sooo dumb, they can not find anything...lol.  i laughed when he had to do the orb.  He told her you know i hate this type stuff and she told him, yeah but i want a million dollars...  She is such a witch, lol.  She does not do any of the dangerous stuff, she makes him do it all because she wants the money... 

t

btw both of those challenges looked like fun to me.  Those are two that i actually would have done.  i love shooting rapids, i used to do it all the time as a kid.  AND i always wanted to d oe of those orb things... my luck i would get dizzy and sick now that i am OOOLLLDDDD...lol.

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 10:21:15 AM »
I think that C&K were pretty lucky this time.  When you are in next to last place and the next team is seconds behind you, I don't think there could be a better time to use a yield.  Chip & Kim were lucky that K&K went to the mud and not the rapids - had they gone the same way it could have been a completely different outcome.  One driving mistake and the twins might have gotten to the rapids first and who knows?  I don't think we will see a yield go unused again this late in the race.

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2004, 10:39:21 AM »
i think they will be smarter if the chance comes up again...

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 07:09:56 PM »
The sledging was pretty awesome!  I'd do that in a heartbeat, based on the attitude that thousands of idiots have done it up to this point.  I'm not an idiot.  Therefore, I can do it.  Gimme that sledge!  (It worked for me with bungee jumping in New Zealand.)

I was hoping that the teams would have to bungee.

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2004, 07:50:25 PM »
They did bungee one season didnt they?  Last Season maybe?

t