Author Topic: TAR 29: Ep 8 "Good Job, Donkey" 5/11/17  (Read 24879 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR 29: Ep 8 "Good Job, Donkey" 5/11/17
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2017, 06:24:46 PM »
I have been waiting for a Greece leg, for TWENTY seasons!

Hopefully it delivers!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2017, 02:15:58 AM »
With Tara's voiceover and the footrace Matt & Red have with Brooke & Scott in the background, could this mean that the W-turn is right before the detour once again? ???

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2017, 03:28:38 AM »
It seems to me that Tara & Joey are WTurned. And maybe they arrived at the Uturn board just to Uturn another team to save themselves.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
I have been waiting for a Greece leg, for TWENTY seasons!

Hopefully it delivers!

I second this. I've been awaiting this country more than any other on the route :D

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 02:27:26 PM »
If Brooke chooses Matt/Redmond, Tara/Joey may not need to u-turn anyone and give the chance to Matt/Redmond (except they are already the last team)

Where is it known that they are last? ???

maybe i said not very clearly, i mean except IF they are already the last team. of course i have no info whether they are last or not and i speculate they won't as usually LoLo and Michael/Liz are last lol

from the u-turn board scene, it looks like Brooke/Scott arrive earlier than the other 2 teams, as they're right in front of the board while the other two want to sneak in instead of leaving

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 12:13:54 AM »
the episode's title should be "Bad Job, Production", looks like another pre-Detour U-Turn  :groan:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 12:28:51 AM »
The Amazing Race - Good Job, Donkey (Preview)

While driving to the Detour, one team ends up going the wrong way, and a surprising U-turn causes friction between racers, on The Amazing Race, Thursday, May 11 at 10/9c. Only CBS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hcn_-bJB0CI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hcn_-bJB0CI</a>

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2017, 12:55:46 AM »
The larger version.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2017, 01:01:42 AM »
Liz and Michael and Becca and Flyod are the ones U-Turned!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2017, 01:14:00 AM »
I think the one on the lower-right may be mom/dad. I haven't got the other one yet.
On a different topic, still no closer to the airline in the promo caps (here).
Flight from Venice to Bari? Doesn't make much sense.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2017, 01:14:49 AM »
I cross-referenced it with their official team pics (in Media).

Brooke & Scott U-Turns Liz & Michael.
Tara & Joey U-Turns Becca & Floyd.

Offline serendipity

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2017, 01:23:43 AM »
The order makes sense, as I say Brooke/Scott should be in front of the other 2 teams to decide to use the U-turn.

Not sure the motives of mom/dad using it on Team fun, as M/L still got a Speed Bump and then a u-turn, very likely cannot catch up. Why don't leave the choice open for M/L to use?

But to be honest I think all are so strange that even at this stage, no one thinks about u-turning Matt/Redmond? Don't they see they are the biggest threat?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2017, 01:25:28 AM »
I think the one on the lower-right may be mom/dad. I haven't got the other one yet.

Could that possibly be Ferry seating and not Plane Seating? Unusual to fly Business...and no economy gives you wine these days!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 03:34:58 AM »

Could that possibly be Ferry seating and not Plane Seating? Unusual to fly Business...and no economy gives you wine these days!

It could possibly be Alitalia because it does look like a plane. In between the seats there is a barrier that doesn't look like something they'd put on a plane so it could possibly be a ferry. I still don't understand why they didn't just fly to Athens.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2017, 03:57:41 AM »
They had a wedding to go to. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2017, 04:02:16 AM »
Tara & Joey's motives make me think this time. ??? Why Becca & Floyd? I'm guessing because Matt & Red was right behind them, and they didn't want to pull a Kynt & Vyxsin? What if Becca & Floyd was ahead of them, and they used it to really put Mike & Liz way behind, or maybe they didn't know Becca & Floyd was ahead or behind? ??? I guess I can only wait and see it myself.

As for Brooke & Scott, I think it's typical of Brooke to need the cushion in case she whines and slows down the team in a certain task later on. It reminds me of Joey & Meghan U-turning Chunk & Wynona because they are the team they can surely beat.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 04:04:17 AM »
The reason they didn't fly to Athens is because most of the places they visited are not in Athens itself.
In the folloing map you can see that. #1 is Patra where the boat arrived from Bari. #2 is Arachova where the detour took place. That's about halfway to Athens. Then #3 is the Corinth Canal where they did the bungee Jumping (RB?) and # 4 is Athens-pitstop.

There are two things I'm more interested to find out. First how did they get from Venice to Bari? They are a long way from each other and they would need to take either a plane or a long train ride. And why didn't they take the direct boat from Venice to Patra even if takes 24 hours to arrive?
Second what were they doing at the Panathenaic Stadium (where Redmont falls )? Is that a RI before the pitstop and what's the point of that?  Because I refuse to believe that it's the RI before the RB, it would be insane to face the traffic in Athens and then leave for the Corinth Canal only to come back for the pitstop.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2017, 04:06:38 AM »
As for Brooke & Scott, I think it's typical of Brooke to need the cushion in case she whines and slows down the team in a certain task later on.

:res:

You all give Brooke so little credit she PASSED two teams just last leg on her own efforts after being in last place for quite some time due to the watertaxi??????

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 10:31:43 AM »
The order makes sense, as I say Brooke/Scott should be in front of the other 2 teams to decide to use the U-turn.

Not sure the motives of mom/dad using it on Team fun, as M/L still got a Speed Bump and then a u-turn, very likely cannot catch up. Why don't leave the choice open for M/L to use?

But to be honest I think all are so strange that even at this stage, no one thinks about u-turning Matt/Redmond? Don't they see they are the biggest threat?

Well, Matt & Redmond are the ringleaders of the clique.

Is this the first time the previews have openly spoiled a U-Turn?  :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:23 AM »
As for Brooke & Scott, I think it's typical of Brooke to need the cushion in case she whines and slows down the team in a certain task later on.

You all give Brooke so little credit she PASSED two teams just last leg on her own efforts after being in last place for quite some time due to the watertaxi??????

True enough she did well last leg, but you'll never know it could be a just-in-case kind of thing since she might not be confident about some tasks later in the leg. I'm pretty sure she didn't expect whatever happened with the ladle roadblock.

Offline serendipity

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »

True enough she did well last leg, but you'll never know it could be a just-in-case kind of thing since she might not be confident about some tasks later in the leg. I'm pretty sure she didn't expect whatever happened with the ladle roadblock.

Yes, I think it makes sense for her to use U-turn anyway. They are one of the weak teams in this group and in fact they should use U-turn this leg on whatever team they can use on, and using on M/L makes sense as they got a Speed Bump to perform as well.

It seems this coming leg design is good and requires lots of driving, which is good as even though being U-turned does not mean no way to catch up, sadly production does not usually put U-turn into appropriate legs.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »
The 3rd pre-detour W-turn this season annoys me already despite the episode not yet airing. I hope this does not become a permanent thing for future seasons.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2017, 11:41:10 AM »
The 3rd pre-detour W-turn this season annoys me already despite the episode not yet airing. I hope this does not become a permanent thing for future seasons.

For newbies reading us, can someone explain EXACTLY why this is a bad thing? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »
I did not expect TeamFun to be U-Turned!
I wonder if TarJoe simply burned the second slot (unlikely from my point of view), or were they trying to actually get Becca & Floyd out.

And now I'm extremely puzzled by Tara saying "that was so crappy" regarding the U-Turn in the end-of-episode preview.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »
Well then this makes Tara & Joey the first American team to ever "repeat U-Turn"