Author Topic: THe Survival Race, Costa Rica  (Read 3233 times)

fish

THe Survival Race, Costa Rica
« on: March 11, 2003, 12:42:16 PM »
I am traveling in Costa Rica and found a poster for a reality show in production here. The production company is a company at www.schenkdesign.com but other than that I can not get much infomation. They would not send me an information packet to a non us/canada address.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re:THe Survival Race, Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 08:50:08 PM »
Hi Fish, welcome to the board.  How exciting to be travelling in Costa Rica.  Are you there for awhile?  I wonder what reality show is being taped there??  Maybe you can ask around at the tourist booth or something.

fish

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 10:54:39 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't have a set schedule, but think I will be in Costa Rica at least 3 more months. I find Manuel Antonio too expensive to stay much longer than that. Then maybe Panama.

As for the show, the locals know nothing. They say they saw film crews on the beach two weeks ago, but I think that was Global Extreme (is that spelled right?) being filmed. I was told it looked like a big bike race that started at 5:30am. That does not sound like a reality show, and it is way too early for me. I make it to the beach no earlier than 8am.  And my spanish is almost non-existant so I didn't get more than just basic sign language details.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 05:34:56 PM »
Hey Fish, enjoy your stay in Costa Rica.  A friend of mine went there about 15 years ago.  She brought home coffee beans and vanilla extract.  Anyways, maybe this is one of those extreme sports show.  I like those.  Or maybe it was part of the Discovery Channels Eco Challenge.