Author Topic: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance (No SPOILERS)  (Read 50414 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Welcome to the third season. It looks like quality and production values are up this time!

The Chinese version is the most difficult to study for Wiki pages, so I really need help from others for this. Thanks in advance!

Right now, I just need someone to type out this Roadblock prompt.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:32:54 PM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Derpy.

Re: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 12:37:14 AM »
[The contents of this post have been deleted!]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:10:51 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 02:53:24 AM »
Thanks! I am also looking for the ages and hometowns of the contestants, as well as Heinz's full name.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 01:00:05 AM »
okay so can someone clarify why only two teams have "Partners" in the team relationship? are they actually partners in the romantic sense or are they business partners or are "partners" just arbitrarily assigned?

but so far I'm enjoying this, and Jin Xing & Heinz are my favorites <3
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 03:50:45 AM »
Finally got to watch the whole episode and it was great!  Felt so different from the first two seasons I think.  The tasks helped, but I think it was edited much better, more exciting with no slow moments.  Usually, the long episodes for TAR China and Israel feel like a chore to watch.  (That's why I kinda prefer TARPH's long Legs broken up into daily bites almost.)  But this premiere was really great.  I enjoyed it much more than TAR Canada's premiere, that's for sure.

The product placement is hilarious, but I guess that extra money really went into the Leg itself.  Really great tasks and locations.  But teams running to the Mat with their McDonalds was really hilarious, but not a problem at all for me.  Still enjoyed the episode. 

Derpy.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 10:45:38 AM »
[The contents of this post have been deleted!]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:10:22 AM by KillThisAccount »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 01:20:33 AM »
Here is a recap of ep 1, so helpful!

Amazing Race China Season 3 (Olympics Edition): Athens, Greece

July 9, 2016 polisi25 Reality TvAmazing Race, amazing Race China Season 3   

As a person who don’t care about watching the Olympics, I apologize, but at least I’m now doing a recap of the new season of the Amazing Race China Season 3: Olympics Edition, with hopefully great tasks with great difficulty and great locations (which ends in Brazil, the place where the Olympics will be held this year) for celebrities (which unfortunately, not all of the teams consist of an athlete) to compete with great enthusiasm (which won’t be a hurdle to jump after how weak last season was). So, with the grand opening that introduced our host Allan Wu again in this season starting line, the Great Wall of China in China, the place where the Olympics is hosted in Summer 2008, let’s reveal the cast:

Team Broadcasters: Zhang Meixi & Zang Yafei, reporters for Greater China Live in Shenzhen, one of the best intro scene for an Amazing Race Team, I was surprised for a sudden when that news broadcast played in the first time.

Team Hurdle: Liu Xiang & Ji Longxiang: Olympic Gold medallist hurdler & Brother/Cousin who plays discus throw regionally.

Team SNH48: Huang Tingting & Sun Rui: Idols of SNH48, a Chinese version of AKB48 (yeah, there something on my mind wanted to say something about that), which is a good call since people outside of that sphere would get to know you more.

Team Siblings: Vanness Wu & Xiao Fengfeng: Taiwanese Superstar & his sister.

Team Dancer: Jin Xing & Heinz: Transgender contemporary dance founder and her German husband

Team Actors: Zhang Zhehan & Zhang Sifan: Actors

Team Divers: Guo Jingjing & Huo Qigang: Gold Medalist Diver & her husband

Team Returnees: Liu Chang & Jin Dachuan, models who still don’t have their own Wikipedia page, and why the show couldn’t get Li Xiaopeng & Li Anqi instead, they are the athlete team.

That is a really generic intro, but let’s get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wblKDL-X7dc

The Journey Climbs For The Flags (Physical to Endurance)

A great opening challenge that has their own kind of complexity with how different are the heights for the steps, & the addition of fireworks is aesthetically nice as well. And the fact that it tires people immediately says a lot of promise.

Roadblock: Flips In The Air (Skill)

Fun challenge that showcase one of the performance acts for Beijing 2008 in that monumental place (Beijing National Station), and it shows how difficult for people who couldn’t finish it in the first try, or people that are not divers.

After a meal and 600 euros provided by Ronald McDonald of all people…teams traveled to Athens, Greece, the place where the Olympics started, hosted in 1896 & 2004, where Liu Xiang & Guo Jingjing earned gold for their fields.

By the way, I found Jin Xing treatment of Heinz is crazy given how they haven’t even left China yet.

(What’s the problem with Amazing Race for rarely going there anyway, China went there twice, while you need to take 20 season to finally have a trip there?)

Now at Athens, with teams being separated by 3 minutes (should be 5, too easy for team to catch), they are now off to their next task.

Detour: Ostomachion (Mental + Physical) or Spartan Warrior (Skill)

Both of the tasks are quite nice, given that Spartan Warrior needs people to do 2 sporting tasks each to grant some additional difficulty and the Ostomachion (the Puzzle of Archimedes) was quite hard with the element of needing to carry your bags together to obtain a hint.

Still, it is quite unbalanced in favour for the people that choose Ostomachion, given that you don’t need to queue for your turn in doing javelins or doing a discus throw and mental puzzle is always easy for teams to form an alliance if team know how to use the stairs gimmick (like Team SNH48 found out and decided to tire themselves).

Also, that javelin thrower who actually missed the shot while demonstrating should told us that javelin throwing is just too difficult for a beginner.

Ridiculous Moments:
1.Vanness freaking out about the puzzle and convince Fengfeng to switch tasks, for a more difficult task
2.Zhehan is freaking out about Sifan always stepping outside the line to the point of thinking that as a national offense.
3.The team that placed last in China, Team Dancer (not helping matters when Heinz had a potty break & Jun Xing being really high maintenance at this stage of the race) actually manages to finish 1st at the Detour (yeah, this leg right now have an insane level of placement shifting).
4.A child manages to lure Team Returnees to have a picture with them.

And Team SNH48 & Team Returnees talked themselves to have a short term alliance.

Evzones March (Skills)

The only task that showcase the Greek culture, though the task is quite difficult as well.

I have to say it again, Xin Jing is a real bitch to her husband, and this is makes me feel that it wouldn’t be surprisingly when they got divorced if they act this way in the race.

Olympic Trivia (Mental)

While it is nice to relieve those memories of who got gold for Summer Athens 2008 and kept up with the Olympics theme, it’s a bull**** challenge given that there are actual athletes who actually competed there (and actually got their pictures featured), I hope that the show don’t repeat that challenge since it’s really unfair for people who wanted to join the race to travel everywhere & wasn’t really focused on Olympics, and please get more judges for that challenge to give the slower teams a fighting chance in a footrace.

If it the race was all athletes, I would probably praise this given how insane the possible pairings that the board consist, but alas it just turns to luck and alliance puzzle sharing.

Unique pit stop greeter to hammer the Olympic theme: Gold Medallist 100m Breaststroke Swimmer Luo Xuejuan

1st place: Team Returnees, with a nostalgia trip with 2 Express Passes.

Non-eliminated: Team Broadcasters, in a really anticlimactic way.

And so, the great start of this season is finally here to beast out ratings and entertainment. Next Stop: Munich, Germany. Oktoberfest anyone?

https://prepareandpractice.wordpress.com/2016/07/09/amazing-race-china-season-3-olympics-edition-athens-greece/

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 04:14:39 AM »
So weird reading Wu Jianhao & Yao Fengfeng romanized (at least in the Wiki), when Vanness Wu is probably his registered name as he was born in the US from LA. His sister (Melody Yao - model) however, is actually from Taiwan, where they do let you add a Western name to your ID once you're of age. They do remind me of Tammy and Victor, as Victor was several years older than Tammy.

They don't share a surname, as Melody is their mom's daughter from another marriage. The funny thing around the time Melody started to have a public career and paparazzi would snap pictures of them dining together, started a bunch of weird romance rumors in gossip media, until it was made clear that they were siblings.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 10:16:05 PM »
Did no episode air today?

Offline mildwall

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 12:25:24 AM »
Did no episode air today?

No episode airs.
Shenzhen TV put it off yesterday because of a local press conference.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »
Midway through leg 2.
- people complaining about rehash/repeat tasks in US or Canada both detour options were from previous TAR US seasons. The same for RB2.
- Can't remember from previous seasons, but clearly clues also written in English also this time around.
- I assume Return Ticket = The Save mixed with Salvage Pass. Must be used up to leg 4
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:59:02 PM by NumfarPTB »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 12:34:05 PM »
Midway through leg 2.
- people complaining about rehash/repeat tasks in US or Canada both detour options were from previous TAR US seasons
- Can't remember from previous seasons, but clearly clues also written in English also this time around.
- I assume Return Ticket = The Save. Must be used up to leg 4

If they're in Germany. Let me guess, is one of the rehash tasks tasting and identifying types of sausage? Both US and Canada have done that one.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »
Midway through leg 2.
- people complaining about rehash/repeat tasks in US or Canada both detour options were from previous TAR US seasons
- I assume Return Ticket = The Save. Must be used up to leg 4

If they're in Germany. Let me guess, is one of the rehash tasks tasting and identifying types of sausage? Both US and Canada have done that one.

Sausages were involved in Speed Bump, which might also be a rehash, but can't recall clearly.
One of detours were rehash of Stein from 26 and RB2 was rehash of Schliersee RB from same leg.
The other detour was a dancing challenge just can't remember the US season it was on right now. UPDATE. It's Slap it detour from TAR9.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:04:07 PM by NumfarPTB »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
Oh yeah, where they had to sing a love song to their partner on the ladder.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 12:36:48 AM »
Again, it's repetitive to us, but to Chinese audiences this is all new. Rehashing tasks like this is not a bad thing.

Okay, so first order of business is the Chinese text I need transcribed, please and thank you:

Next, can anyone help me identify the place that featured the second Roadblock? According to the Chinese Wikipedia, it's the 'Schaub Forest Chalet' (Translation dubious). It would be located somewhere in the vicinity of Garmisch-Partenkirchen or Fussen.

The 'Return Ticket', according to the Chinese Wikipedia, is another 'Save Card' like from Season 1. But, it's given out like an Express Pass that can be used any time. If this is incorrect in any way, please let me know?

Thanks everyone!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 01:42:40 AM »
It's great that they've gone to the traditional TAR opening credits this season, but I wouldn't have minded if they used this as the opening this year:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VDJnqAoFcVo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VDJnqAoFcVo</a>
Such an awesome promo. :hearts:

Offline shiningsoul

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 05:45:54 AM »
Again, it's repetitive to us, but to Chinese audiences this is all new. Rehashing tasks like this is not a bad thing.

Okay, so first order of business is the Chinese text I need transcribed, please and thank you:

Next, can anyone help me identify the place that featured the second Roadblock? According to the Chinese Wikipedia, it's the 'Schaub Forest Chalet' (Translation dubious). It would be located somewhere in the vicinity of Garmisch-Partenkirchen or Fussen.

The 'Return Ticket', according to the Chinese Wikipedia, is another 'Save Card' like from Season 1. But, it's given out like an Express Pass that can be used any time. If this is incorrect in any way, please let me know?

Thanks everyone!
Hi This is my first time for being here.
first of all the chinese texts:
复活卡
谁想成为听风者
干杯
狂欢
谁想吐露心声
I don't know anything about Germany, but according to the maps shown in the episode, I guess the roadblock may be located around here?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 07:01:19 AM »

Thanks everyone!
复活卡
谁想成为听风者
干杯
狂欢
谁想吐露心声
I don't know anything about Germany, but according to the maps shown in the episode, I guess the roadblock may be located around here?

Welcomr to rff shiningsoul  :hearts:
Are you from Hong Kong or Taiwan?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 12:24:26 PM »
Another great Leg! All recycled or familiar tasks, but they all combined for some good competition.

The Speed Bump though was pretty harsh.  Making sausages AND eating them?  It seems the teams were pretty close together all Leg, so the anchors really didn't have a chance to catch up.
I also felt bad for the dogs too lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 01:03:35 PM »

复活卡
谁想成为听风者
干杯
狂欢
谁想吐露心声

:welcome2: To RFF shiningsoul!! That will be a big help, :tu!

And please think about signing up for my list...just in case TAR comes to your town!  :waves:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29785.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 10:03:56 PM »
Thanks for the help!

If anyone can figure out which news show Zang Yafei is on, then I can probably guess her hometown (Yeah, still need a bunch of contestant information unfortunately)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 01:26:08 AM »
Locations for the second half of Leg 2:
Detour Decision/Speedbump: Bräustüberl
Beer: Mohrenplatz
Dance: Werdenfelser Hof
Singing: Forsthaus Unternogg, Altenau

Zang Yafei works on "关键洞察力" on Shenzhen TV. She was born in Yanbian, but I'd assume she's based in Shenzhen now!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 01:58:24 PM »
Well the pitstop clearly wasn't actually at Neuschwanstein like the show said, seeing as how it was way out in the distance, but it was a reused location. Can anyone remember when?

Down at that schloss's entrance just before these teams had to go up the hill is where Andre & Damon were eliminated way back in TAR3!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »
Mapped out the route and it's the strangest around-the-world route I've ever seen on a TAR.

With the repeated back-and-forth between the two continents, Europe and Asia look like a cat's cradle :lol:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
actually, if Japan is just moved to the start of the season, the route looks semi-decent when mapped out :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!