Author Topic: The Bachelor  (Read 3430 times)

Theresa

The Bachelor
« on: March 06, 2003, 11:27:18 AM »
New Bachelor
is No Re-Tread
ABC picks son of rich Firestones

ABC has announced the next star of The Bachelor, and he's as different as you can get from faux Joe Millionaire: 27-year-old Andrew Firestone, great-grandson of the tire-company founder.

Firestone will begin his televised search for Ms. Right when The Bachelor 3 debuts Wednesday, March 26, at 9 p.m. ET.

ABC had promised that the next Bachelor would be "the son of one of America's most affluent and prominent families." Firestone's father is the founder of California's Firestone Vineyard, and his mother is Catherine Boulton, former soloist in the British Royal Ballet.

Andrew Firestone is a sales manager for the Firestone Family Estates and lives in San Francisco. He was born in the Santa Ynez Valley and attended prep school and the University of San Diego, earning a degree in business administration in 1998. After backpacking in Europe, he did a tour of duty at the family vineyard during the harvest.

"I plan on starting a family someday, and by growing the family business, I will be building my children's future as well," he says in a biography on the vineyard's Web site.

Producers of the series originally contacted Andrew's older brother Adam to be a contestant, only to find out that Adam is married and has four children. But Adam suggested his brother for the role.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re:The Bachelor
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 01:31:50 AM »
Hmmm, this show might be worth watching as this guy actually has money.  I am sure the cat fights will be huge as he will be the perfect guy to land.   ::)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 09:53:49 AM »
Ok, I just have to say this! Why does a person with so much money have to go on TV and find a woman. PLEASE. I am sure that he has so much trouble finding someone to go out on a date with, and if he does have trouble, he can buy someone he has so much fricking money!

If he IS having trouble finding someone, I'm SCREWED!
Rob

CindiLou

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 10:11:21 AM »
I watched the first show. Nothing much happened. Just introduced us to the Bachelor and to each of the 25 women. Sounds good!

Theresa

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 03:40:52 PM »
Rob to tell the truth I wondered that myself, the only thing I can think of for a rich guy having allot of trouble finding a wife is "THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM."

Theresa

ps Cindi did you tape it.