Author Topic: TAR 27 EP 8 "I'm Gonna Get You" Krakow, Poland  (Read 20853 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 27 EP 8 "I'm Gonna Get You" Krakow, Poland
« on: November 06, 2015, 01:50:16 PM »
TEAMS RACE TO KRAKOW, POLAND WHERE RACERS HIT THE TOWN WITH LOCAL STREET MUSICIANS TO EARN A HARD DAY’S PAY, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, NOV. 1

Episode 8  TV Guide:

Episode 8 title

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:06:32 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27 EP 8 "I'm Gonna Get You" Krakow, Poland
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 01:50:36 PM »
 :<3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:57:29 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »
MAF's EP 8 RACING REPORT!

Racing report
Amazing Race Season 27, Episode 8, "I'm gonna get you"
Film date: 2015-07-05 - 2015-07-06

The episode starts with a previously unseen scene from the last leg where Diana feels like she let Justin down because they ended up in the middle of the pack after the road block.
 "She was worried abut letting me down, the only way she could let me down is if she quits", Justin does not share that feeling

The last pit stop was at the Peace Palace in Hague, Netherlands. Teams are released from this place, after what seems like a 36h pit stop, in the following order:
1.Justin & Diana      22:10
2.Kelsey & Joey       22:23+0:13
3.Tiffany & Krista    22:24+0:14
4.Tanner & Josh       23:34+1:24
5.Logan & Chris       00:11+2:01
6.Denise & James Earl 00:36+2:26

Route info: "Fly to Kraków, Poland". Once they land teams must find Kraków beach and a converted barge at Plaza Kraków.

The route info also reads: "To get there book your flights through the Travelocity mobile app". Teams are now given mobile phones to be able to book their flights. After booking flights all teams travel to Schiphol where they have to spend the night. The next day teams fly out on two different sets of flights.

"I've been preparing for 13 years to be on this race", Justin thinks he is well prepared

"It's more difficult that we ever could imagine. Whatever you think you know, I promise you don't have any idea what it really is to run this race", Josh about the race
 "But Justin does", Tanner

Flight #1 is probably:
 LH2311 AMS-MUC  2015-07-06  07:30 - 08:41  (scheduled 07:00 - 08:25)
 LH1622 MUC-KRK  2015-07-06  11:23 - 12:34  (scheduled 11:20 - 12:40)

This carries:
  Justin & Diana

Flight #2 is probably:
 KL1363 AMS-WAW  2015-07-06  10:07 - 11:47  (scheduled 09:45 - 11:40)
 LO3905 WAW-KRK  2015-07-06  13:16 - 14:14  (scheduled 13:00 - 13:55)

[/tt]
This carries:
  Tanner & Josh
  Denise & James Earl
  Logan & Chris
  Tiffany & Krista
  Kelsey & Joey

"Everybody welcome to Taxi television. We're in Poland trying to find Kraków beach", Joey falls into his newscaster role
 "Pom poms and miniskirts are our weakness", Tanner & Josh when their taxi catches up with Tiffany & Krista

Kraków beach turns out to be a patch of sand up on land by the river. The converted barge floats in the river and contains a swimming pool. The next clue lies at the bottom of the pool. Justin puts on his bathing suit an dives in after it. The other teams arrive significantly later and do feel the pressure so none of them bothers with the swimwear, they just jump in.

Teams retrieve the clue here in the following order:
 1. Justin & Diana
 2. Logan & Chris, long after #1 have left
 3. Tanner & Josh
 4. Tiffany & Krista
 5. Kelsey & Joey
 6. Denise & James Earl, within a minute after #2

Detour: Mine or Music

In Mine teams must make their way to Wieliczka salt mine (12km 16min). Here they must change into work clothes and ride an elevator 1000' underground. Down here they must first carry a big piece of timer a distance. Then load a mining cart with salt before finally pushing another full cart all the way back. This is a very physical detour and no finesse is needed. The actual task i the mine probably took around 20-30 minutes.

In music teams must make their way to the old town square (2.3km 7min) where they will get a lesson from a violinist on how to accompany him on the piano. Once they have mastered this they must push their piano (which is on a small wheeled cart) to a performance area where they must earn 100 Zloty ($25 USD).

One could think that the music task is about learning to play the piano, but that is actually very easy. The real challenge is to transport the piano over cobblestones and other obstacles and then finally to beg passersby for money.

The first challenge turns out to be to get to the detour location. Some teams have a very hard time finding a taxi. Partly because the closest road is a major thoroughfare where cars drive quickly. Teams must venture further away to find taxis.

"This is actually pretty cool, smells like a zoo", Diana in the salt mine
 "Now i know what they mean when they say backbreaking work", Justin when he starts shoveling salt

"I played it for about 13 years", James Earl has taken piano lessons

"What if something comes down?", Logan is worried in the salt mine
 "Then it crushes our legs and we're paralyzed for life and we keep asking ourselves why did we do it?", Chris has a morbid streak

"Ouch, my finger, my finger", Krista's hand is caught when the lid of the piano falls down

Tanner & Josh have a bad day. First they are last to find a taxi after the pool and then the taxi drops them off at the wrong location. So when they finally arrive at the mine Logan & Chris are about to leave.
 "They are just arriving, tell them it was easy", Logan when she sees Tanner & Josh

Surprisingly Tiffany & Krista have a hard time with the music detour. It seems as if they just can not convince people to give them money.
 "Everybody is running away, maybe I'm being too aggressive?", Krista
 "We need a group of guys", Tiffany
 "You have to play up your strengths so Tiffany took it to the next level", Krista about Tiffany starting to give out kisses to the cheek

Teams complete the detour in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana, mine
 2(+3) Kelsey & Joey, music
 3(+3) Denise & James Earl, music
 4(-2) Logan & Chris, mine
 5(-1) Tiffany & Krista, music
 6(-3) Tanner & Josh, mine

Route info: "Make your way to the Oskar Schindler factory where Schindler was able to protect and save lives of over a thousand Jewish workers and their families."

Teams arrive to the factory in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana
 2(+0) Kelsey & Joey
 3(+0) Denise & James Earl
 4(+1) Tiffany & Krista
 5(-1) Logan & Chris
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh

At the Schindler factory teams are given a tour of the museum and given a moment of reflection before continuing the race.

"To be there, to physically see the conditions they lived in, it gives you a true perspective on life", Justin

Route info: "Make your way to Szeroka 22 in the Jewish district and look for your next clue"

Teams arrive at the next clue box (1.8km 7min) in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana
 2(+0) Kelsey & Joey
 4(+0) Tiffany & Krista, after #4 is done
 5(+0) Logan & Chris
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh, just as Tiffany leave for her second attempt

Road block: Who can handle a big order?

In this road block teams must act as waiters. They are given a list of dishes they have to bring from the kitchen. The list is something like:
 1 Gefilte Fish 1x
 2 Gesi Pipek 2x
 3 Czulent 1x
 4 Kugel 4x
 5 Hamantashe 3x
 6 Latkes 2x
 7 Charoset 2x

They must then deliver all the food, in one go, to a party at the Klezmer-Hois 160m away.

The real challenge in this task is to identify the dishes. In the kitchen there is a big table filled with dishes, none of them labeled and teams must figure out which they should put on their tray.

"Oh man, this is gonna be tough", Justin when he sees all the prepared dishes

Some contestants know some of the dishes and decide to guess the rest. This strategy is not really working. Instead all teams eventually end up asking other people around to explain what the dishes look like, or to google images of the dishes.

Their partners are told to go directly to the Klezmer-Hois and wait outside.

Kelsey and James Earl decide to work together. Which seems like a very smart idea since they have a good idea that they re not first and both want to stay ahead of the teams behind them.

"This is scary", Krista finds that she is the only one waiting outside the Klezmer-Hois

Logan & Chris start a big argument about who should do this road block. Logan wants to do it because she has worked as a waiter. Chris wants to do it so they get an even roadblock count. From this conversation it seems as if nobody may do more than 5 road blocks before the last leg.

"Oh my god my arms", Tiffany find the tray heavy
 "I used to wait tables, but this is a whole different ballgame", Josh

Tiffany and Josh decide to work together. They hope to beat Chris who is also doing the task. Unfortunately for them Chris gets it while they are doing their research.
 "I didn't want it to come down to us", Tanner to Krista when they realize they are the last two teams
 "I couldn't even look at him because I felt so sad, one of us was going to be going home", Krista

Josh turns out to be a gentleman and he lets Tiffany go first. Even though she is tired and walk slowly he waits for her.
 "You go first and see. You were here first", Josh to Tiffany

Teams complete the road block in the following order (* denotes team member doing the roadblock):
1(+0)Justin* & Diana     (4-4)On his 1st attempt
2(+0)Kelsey* & Joey      (5-3)On her 1st attempt
3(+0)Denise & James Earl*(3-5)On his 1st attempt
4(+1)Logan & Chris*      (4-3)On his 2nd attempt
5(-1)Tiffany* & Krista   (4-4)On her 3rd attempt
6(+0)Tanner & Josh*      (3-5)On his 1st attempt

Route info: "Search for Phil in the Klezmer-Hois". Finding Phil is rather easy since teams are standing right outside the Klezmer-Hois when they get the clue. Inside they hear music and make their way to a dining room where Phil, the mat, a Klezmer band and a bunch of party goers await.

Teams reach Phil in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana, win a trip to Shanghai, China
 2(+0) Kelsey & Joey
 4(+0) Logan & Chris
 5(+0) Tiffany & Krista
 6(+0) Tanner & Josh, are saved by a non elimination

On the mat Phil warns teams that there is a U-turn in the next leg.
 "And guess what? There is a U-turn in the next leg of the race, and I have a feeling that you might be team that they want to U-turn", Phil to Justin & Diana

Justin & Diana were lucky to be the only team to get tickets on the first flight, and that this flight went without any delay. That way they were so far ahead meant that they could run a relatively relaxed leg in Poland and still not see any other teams at any point on the course.

Things get very emotional with the last two teams. Tanner & Josh arrive only seconds after Tiffany & Krista. Tears are flowing because these teams are very close and they know they are the last two teams. They are all very relieved when Phil tells them this is a non elimination leg.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:57:04 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 01:51:07 PM »
NEOBIE's EP 8 MAPS!!

Leg 8
The Detour choice "Music" involved a lot less travelling than the Detour choice "Mine" - 10km/6mi instead of 25km/16mi!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:54:48 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:47:07 PM »
Leg 8: The Hague, The Netherlands → Krakow, Poland

FILM DATES: July 6
AIR DATE: November 13

ROUTE INFO:   Travel to Krakow, Poland

ROUTE INFO:   Wieliczka Salt Mine
DETOUR A:       Deliver timber supplies and push a salt cart through the mine

ROUTE INFO:   Old Town Square
DETOUR B:       Transporting a piano across Krakow and play it to earn 100 Zloty

ROUTE INFO:   Oskar Schindler Factory Museum

ROUTE INFO:   Unknown
 !  TASK:    Involves diving for a clue

ROUTE INFO:   Old Synagogue
ROADBLOCK:   Deliver Polish foods to the Klezmer Hois

PIT STOP:       Unknown

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:         None

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:36:19 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:09:54 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 05:41:04 PM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:15:05 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:19:22 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 01:32:30 PM »
Maybe one of those could be a pitstop: Czorsztyn Castle or Niedzica Castle  :spy:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »
Last night on Twitter, Phil called next week a "very emotional show", which makes me think the visit to Schindler's factory will be something to do with the Holocaust, a moment of remembrance (like season 11)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 02:52:57 PM »
Chris & Logan seem like they're arguing over who should do a Roadblock.  The Roadblock clue can clearly be seen.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »
Last night on Twitter, Phil called next week a "very emotional show", which makes me think the visit to Schindler's factory will be something to do with the Holocaust, a moment of remembrance (like season 11)
It that is true they could go to, Anne Frank House in Amsterdam before Krakow  ???

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »
Went to Krakow with my job about saven weeks ago. Can't wait to see them race in one my favorite cities.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 05:48:58 PM »
Do we think Salt is one Detour and Piano the other? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 11:59:08 PM »
The salt task where Justin & Diana pushing a ton of mine train inside Wieliczka Salt Mine outside of Krakow. BTW, the location of famous salt mine is 14 kilometers away from the city, and it has visited in international versions before, including TAR Australia 1.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:07:10 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 05:08:59 AM »

Could this scene from the intro finally appear this leg?

Could it be a match with "Lovers Bridge" on the River Vistula? #JustSpeculating

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 06:06:34 AM »
But we have all four locations will be visited in the leg: Oskar Schindler Factory, Old Synagogue at Szeroka Street, Main Square (the old town) and Wieliczka Salt Mine.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:17:14 AM by claude_24hrs »

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 08:32:50 AM »
The Amazing Race - Krakow, I'm Going To Get You (Preview)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7z8Hj4hX9Hc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7z8Hj4hX9Hc</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 11:37:00 AM »

See the Intro thread...ID'd by Chateau.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31571.msg1124614.html#msg1124614

Would be silly to make locks and not use them, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 11:58:18 AM »

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31571.msg1124614.html#msg1124614

just telling you guys those names on those locks are polish if I'm correct so that might be where it is from

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 12:40:43 PM »
Can't help it, but I feel sorry for those pianos.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 12:42:42 PM »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 12:51:06 PM »

If they go to Bernatek foot-bridge. I would had liked if they did that task, in Paris at Pont des Arts insted.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 01:06:25 PM »
I would had liked if they did that task, in Paris at Pont des Arts insted.
The locks on the Pont des Arts (and similar bridges around the world) are going away.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 01:26:56 PM »
The locks on the Pont des Arts (and similar bridges around the world) are going away.
Thanks so much for the info!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 02:24:52 PM »

Fiona Bliss, a British beauty therapist, said the locks on Pont des Arts were
one of the reasons she visited Paris with her partner. "I think if they take
down the locks they need to be displayed somewhere like a museum or as wall art
somewhere as it's part of the romance of Paris."

They def should have preserved these somewhere as Street Art...I get it, but still....   :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 11:54:35 PM »
TEAMS RACE TO KRAKOW, POLAND WHERE RACERS HIT THE TOWN WITH LOCAL STREET MUSICIANS TO EARN A HARD DAY’S PAY, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, NOV. 13

From CBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2015, 07:12:47 PM »
WHOOP DE DOO THE PREVIEW IS 45 SECONDS MORE OF JUSTIN & DIANA  blahblah blahblah blahblah

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
The Amazing Race - Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You (Sneak Peek)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ll52SlHdw8U" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ll52SlHdw8U</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »
This is the Sneak peek? CBS had it listed as a preview, see above. Weird, but thanks so much for getting it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2015, 12:17:51 AM »
This is the Sneak peek? CBS had it listed as a preview, see above. Weird, but thanks so much for getting it!

I wonder if they screwed up this week. Both preview and sneak peek are almost exactly the same.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 09:19:20 AM »
WHOOP DE DOO THE PREVIEW IS 45 SECONDS MORE OF JUSTIN & DIANA  blahblah blahblah blahblah

IKR AMAZING RACE INDEED

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 09:53:52 AM »

just telling you guys those names on those locks are polish if I'm correct so that might be where it is from

Yeah, they are polish ;)

Offline mikelee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 10:43:40 PM »
Just a guess: Detour is Mine vs Piano. I miss the old detours that used to have clever opposites or clever names, so I'm hoping for Salt(mine) vs. Ivory(piano)? The mine would be the "physical" task while the piano would be the puzzle/mind-based challenge.  ???

Just a thought...

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 10:47:30 PM »
Could the locks be a short Active Route Info before the Pit Stop?

Detour: Mine or Piano (Logan/Chris and Justin/Diana do Mine, Kelsey/Joey and Tiffany/Krista do Piano, others unknown)

Roadblock: Unknown

Active Route Info: Love Locks

This could be a good leg if they don't focus too much on the mines and Justin!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 11:51:45 PM »
Could the locks be a short Active Route Info before the Pit Stop?

Detour: Mine or Piano (Logan/Chris and Justin/Diana do Mine, Kelsey/Joey and Tiffany/Krista do Piano, others unknown)

Roadblock: Unknown

Active Route Info: Love Locks

This could be a good leg if they don't focus too much on the mines and Justin!

I think that I see Logan and Chris at mine task.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 01:13:53 PM »
Guy in Krakow with clue

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:27:31 PM by georgiapeach »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 11:48:48 AM »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
Press Pic info:

Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You"--Diana/Justin  must use the Travelocity Mobil App to book a flight from The Netherlands to Krakow, Poland
/ Krista  must travel from The Netherlands to Krakow, Poland on THE AMAZING RACE

"Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You"--In Detour A, Josh/Tanner,Justin/Diana) must descend into the Wieliczka Salt Mines, to deliver timber for repairs then load the same cart with salt in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You"--In Detour B, James Earl /Denise, Joey/Kelsey, Krista/Tiffany must earn 100 Zloty, the Polish currency, by performing a piece of music on a piano in Krakow's Old Town Square in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You"--In this Route Marker, Logan / Chris travel to the Oskar Schindler Factory to pay their respects to those who survived and those that were lost during the Holocaust on THE AMAZING RACE,

Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You"--In this Road Block, Tiffany ( must fulfill then deliver an order of food to the Klezmer Hois in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE,

Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You"--Justin/ Diana (right) make their way by train to the next location on THE AMAZING RACE,

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2015, 12:46:32 PM »
Thanks Will!!   :<3
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2015, 01:23:43 PM »
so what Logan is arguing is that she has done waitress job before so she thinks she will be good in this week Roadblock? That's what I think at the first moment when she seems like giving a gesture of holding a plate with one hand.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2015, 01:58:44 PM »
New Clip!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bMJ9yD0jiSU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bMJ9yD0jiSU</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2015, 02:10:10 PM »
                                          PRESS PICTURES

Tanner and Josh (#TeamTexas) travel from The Netherlands to Krakow, Poland

Joey and Kelsey (#TheReporters) get ready to travel to Poland

#TheReporters navigate their way to the next location

Logan and Chris #ThePaparazzi figure out who will participate in the next challenge

In Detour A, Justin and Diana (#TheGreenTeam) descend into the Wieliczka Salt Mines

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »

In Detour B, Denise and James Earl (#TeamAlabama) play the piano in Krakow's Old Town Squar

#TheGreenTeam work hard in the Wieliczka Salt Mines

In Detour B, Joey and Kelsey (#TheReporters) attempt to earn 100 Polish złoty, the country's form of currency

#TeamAlabama push a piano down the street to earn 100 Polish złoty

In this Route Marker, #ThePaparazzi travel to the Oskar Schindler Factory to pay their respects

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »

In Detour A, #TeamTexas break their backs in the Wieliczka Salt Mines

In Detour B, Krista and Tiffany (#TheCheerleaders) perform on a piano in Krakow's Old Town Square

#TheCheerleaders count out their money, hoping to raise 100 Polish złoty

In this Road Block, #TheGreenTeam fulfill—then deliver—an order of food to the Klezmer Hois

In this Road Block, Krista waits while Tiffany (#TheCheerleaders) has her tray inspected for the correct food combo

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »
FWIW, here's the Klezmer-Hois Restaurant webpage

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:47:21 PM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2015, 03:06:49 PM »

It's a street somewhere in/near Krakow (Polish flag seen in pic), but is that an inflatable radar dome in the background  ??? 

...heck if I know where this is, exactly...    :funny:  :grins:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 07:54:40 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 08:29:53 PM »

There's no love lock task, the padlock is shown taking place inside Wieliczka Salt Mine.  :(

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »
I think it is Krakow's Balloon:

https://polandian.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/krakows-balloon-goes-up/

:funny:  I believe you're right.  Looks like there's writing on the balloon.  :grins:

BTW, it says I Love Krakow   :luvya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2015, 01:43:23 AM »

There's no love lock task, the padlock is shown taking place inside Wieliczka Salt Mine.  :(

Ah, but CBS included this photo, so blame them!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2015, 08:41:35 AM »
6 Times The Teams Were So Close, Yet So Far, On The Amazing Race

1. Struggling to catch a cab in Krakow requires more than just a hand wave.

Trying to hail a taxi isn’t as easy as whistling or waving a hand. Just ask #TeamTexas, who seemed to struggle with the simple task when trying to leave for the "Mine" Detour in Krakow, Poland.

Watching teams like #TheReporters and #ThePaparazzi take off only served to stress out these stranded Texan besties. Luckily, the pair finally put their heads together and found someone to call them a taxi, but the minutes they wasted would have to be made up somewhere along the way.

2. Begging for 100 złoty from passersby wasn't a cinch for #TheCheerleaders.

In the "Music" Detour, #TheCheerleaders hit a sour note when they had to play piano with a professional violinist and earn 100 złoty from locals, which proved to be something that tested their patience and composure.

Whether it was Tiffany’s off-key melody or Krista’s brusk approach to busking, the passersby were hardly entertained by the cutesy duo. The team continued to be ignored until they turned on the sweetness. Then the money finally started trickling in.

3. #ThePaparazzi falling behind after dumping salt on the ground.

In the "Mine" Detour, teams had to descend 1,000 feet into a salt mine. Once there, they had to carry a large timber support beam to a loading area, then fill a mining cart with salt and push the cart back through the tunnel.

While most teams worked well together to lift the heavy loads with both hands into the cart, Chris dumped all the salt onto the ground, thinking he couldn’t shovel it all into the cart alone. He continued the less-than-efficient method while Logan simply scratched her head out of confusion and frustration.

Although they eventually finished, the inefficiency cost them valuable time.

4. Trying to identify traditional Jewish dishes was a tall order.

Being tasked with carrying a heavy tray stacked with a variety of Jewish dishes had the racers thinking and moving quickly on their feet.

After Tiffany (#TheCheerleaders) struggled to identify all the dishes, she sought out information about the food from locals who were way more familiar.

Meanwhile, Chris (#ThePaparazzi) was hoping his Jewish background would prove helpful during the Roadblock, but his tray was also rejected the first time around. Refusing to give up, he decided to do some research on the grub and was promptly approved on his second try.

With Tiffany still unable to arrange the tray correctly, #TheCheerleaders and #TeamTexas remained, which paced the pairs neck-and-neck.

5. Tension building between Tanner and Krista as they waited outside the Roadblock.

As Tiffany and Josh continued to run in circles, Krista and Tanner waited outside on a bench with tension seeming to ooze out of every pore.

Despite the fact that Tiffany was struggling with her heavy tray, Josh kept pace and even let her approach the judge first. "That’s just the right thing to do," said Josh in true Texas gentleman fashion.

When Tiffany presented her tray and was approved, #TheCheerleaders hurried ahead while Krista remarked, "It’s us or them."

6. Getting unexpected news from Phil at the mat.

#TheCheerleaders tearfully stepped on the mat in fifth place with the #TeamTexas boys right behind them. Josh reiterated that the girls saved them and he didn’t pass Tiffany because she was there first. Fortunately for both teams, it was a non-elimination leg so both would continue on their journeys.

That means the remaining six teams are so close, yet still so far from that $1 million prize.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2015, 09:16:02 AM »
Man I love the romance between Team Texas and the Cheerleaders  :hearts: It's like a blind date between two different teams and kinda reminds me of the same thing that happened during Season 9 between Danielle & Dani and Eric and Jeremy  :funny:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »
Man I love the romance between Team Texas and the Cheerleaders  :hearts: It's like a blind date between two different teams and kinda reminds me of the same thing that happened during Season 9 between Danielle & Dani and Eric and Jeremy  :funny:
Although it seems to be more platonic than sexual or romantic
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2015, 10:19:05 PM »
The Texans are probably glad that they took time to see Paris while they were there, considering what has happened this week.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2016, 07:58:09 PM »
:bump
RFF's Golden Rule: