Author Topic: Britney Spears and fiance "in talks" to take over MTV's 'Newlyweds' series  (Read 3676 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Report: Britney Spears and fiance "in talks" to take over MTV's 'Newlyweds' series

By Steve Rogers, 08/18/2004

Jessica Simpson might have told the press that after three seasons, she and hubby Nick Lachey are done with their MTV Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica reality series, but leave it to MTV land an even bigger "pop princess" to take her place. According to US Weekly, Britney Spears, the queen of the pop princesses herself, is now "in talks" to take over the "title role" on Jessica's Newlyweds series.

The 22-year-old Britney recently became engaged to 26-year-old backup dancer Kevin Federline, with the surprise engagement generating "homewrecker" headlines and criticism from Federline's former girlfriend, actress Moesha actress Shar Jackson, who was eight months pregnant with Federline's second child at the time of the engagement announcement.

"She can't wreck a home by herself, but if you're a real woman and you find out someone you're seeing has extra baggage, you say, `Go home and take care of your business,'" Jackson told US Weekly at the time. "If she and Kevin want to be a couple, then that's fine with me. But there are two little kids she better be prepared to babysit. They might be perfect for each other. You both smoke, you both drink and you both cheated on significant others after three years. You guys are made for each other. Have a good life."

According to the magazine's latest report, Britney's interested in doing the MTV program because the superstar singer "wants Kevin to be just as famous as she is."

This isn't the first time that Britney has been said to be "in talks" regarding a reality show of her own. Back in April, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Britney was shopping a reality show of her own, titled Ontourage, to various television networks. No broadcast deal was apparently ever struck however, and the European leg of the her "Onyx Hotel" concert tour that the series would have documented came and went without any further news about the proposed series.

reported @
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2838

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
Oh gosh....they claim that she is a bigger star that Jessica, but personally, I like Jessica and Nick more.  I think they are better people at heart, unlike the pop princess Brittney!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Nick ..gets a grrrrrrrrr from puddin  ;;)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
So what does this boy look like?  Will the marriage last longer then Britney's last?

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member

Texan...are you asking what Kevin (her fiancee) looks like?  If so this is him!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Reminds me of another guy....JUSTIN!  they have similar looks