Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 1: “A Little Too Much Beefcake” (Rio de Janeiro)  (Read 38107 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 27 Ep 1: “A Little Too Much Beefcake” (Rio de Janeiro)
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2015, 07:28:17 AM »
Here's a very long 90 second preview of the season. Looks very exciting....

This season on THE AMAZING RACE

This season of THE AMAZING RACE, teams will race through 5 continents, 10 countries and more than 34 thousand miles. They will learn a tango with a twist in Buenos Aires, Argentina, drop mics with a French rapper in Paris, France, partake in a high-flying water show in Macau, China, freefall over 200 feet into the Batoka Gorge and swim with crocodiles in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. The 27th season of the 10-time Emmy Award-winning series premieres Friday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Looks like a great season though RachelLaVega you will like it I think :D
Also in peoples article there was said that fast forward would be game changing so maybe it's more than actual FF? idk  :grins:
where they’ll immediately encounter a potentially game-changing fast forward.
Yes! I live for these suspenseful and beautiful moments! :lol:
I already love this season!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p1OEEgQC3eQ&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/p1OEEgQC3eQ&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

How many clues can one Phil hold? :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2015, 10:52:18 AM »
Love it!! Thanks for the snag!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lRJej0VVCNA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lRJej0VVCNA</a>
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2015, 07:53:13 PM »
PRESS PICS!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
Press Pics part 2!!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:25:09 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2015, 08:25:35 PM »
Press Captions:

"A Little Too Much Beefcake"--11 teams at the starting line on Venice Beach in Los Angeles, California on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Top Row, L-R: Joey and Kelsey, Ernest and Jin, Tanner and Josh, Justin and Diana; Middle Row, L-R: Shevonne and Kelly, Cindy and Rick, Logan and Chris, Tiffany and Krista; Bottom Row, L-R: Denise and James Earl, Alex and Adam, Jazmine and Danielle Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2015 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"A Little Too Much Beefcake"--TEAMS make their way to the Starting Line on Venice Beach in Los Angeles, California on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS©2015 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"A Little Too Much Beefcake"--Host Phil Keoghan (center) stands at the Starting Line on Venice Beach in Los Angeles, California on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2015 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"A Little Too Much Beefcake"--TEAMS must pedal a water bike from Marina del Rey to Burton Chase Park in Los Angeles, California. The first team to find Phil will win win tickets on the first flight out to their next destination, Rio de Janeiro on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS©2015 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved 

"A Little Too Much Beefcake"--In Detour A, Josh (left) and Tanner (right)/ must play and win a match in volleyball on Copacabana Beach in Brazil in order to receive the next clue on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Timothy Kuratek/CBS ©2015 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"A Little Too Much Beefcake"--In Detour B, Mother/Son team Denise and James Earl/Kelsey (left) and Joey (right)/Logan (left) and Chris (right)/Cindy and Rick/ must unscramble a giant tile puzzle to match the pattern of the famous promenade of Copacabana Beach in Brazil in order to receive the next clue on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Timothy Kuratek/CBS ©2015 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:37:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
Checking out the water bike course on Google earth, it looks like the distance from the lagoon in Marina Del Ray to Burton Chace Park (CBS spelled it wrong) is about 1 mile, maybe slightly less. It depends on where they landed in the park. I chose what I thought was the likeliest landing spot. Other routes could make it anywhere from 0.8 to 1.3 miles.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:29:39 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2015, 12:13:16 PM »
Given the pics of the detour options from CBS, we now know the why of the episode title.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2015, 06:49:16 PM »
Sneak peek is up  :hoot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBc0gHVpwqQ

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9vgQ78k1CdU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9vgQ78k1CdU</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4P4VjAD7Avc&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4P4VjAD7Avc&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

New Promo Aired During Survivor!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
SO...have we ever had an EP AND a FF on a leg together?

That seems like quite a lot for one team.

Win the FF>>Win the Leg>. Win the EP.

I don't quite understand the point...wouldn't you have the same end result without the FF? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »
I have been waiting for someone to say:

WHAT HUGE DECISION??

Eleven new teams take off on the journey of a lifetime from Venice Beach, Calif. and head for Rio de Janeiro, where teams take a thrilling helicopter ride and face a huge decision at the Fast Forward

My guess is maybe make a choice between... going for the FF OR  the EP?  ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »
in photo 15, guess who are standing immediately behind Phil, per an official TAR CBS twert -- Rob and Brennan. (It's only taken almost 15 years to get them at the start line!) :)

I have a feeling that we will see that at the start line as well in the episode tonight, Since the official press images are usually taken from the episode that is airing.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2015, 03:49:13 PM »
I have been waiting for someone to say:

WHAT HUGE DECISION??

Eleven new teams take off on the journey of a lifetime from Venice Beach, Calif. and head for Rio de Janeiro, where teams take a thrilling helicopter ride and face a huge decision at the Fast Forward

My guess is maybe make a choice between... going for the FF OR  the EP?  ???

What if the FF makes them ineligible for the EP?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
I don't think anyone got the Fast Foward although Alex and Adam may have a chance. Alex and Adam are the only team I did not see in swimsuits.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »
Choosing between a Fast Forward or Express Pass? I would like to see how this plays out with the racers, but this choice is virtually a no-brainer for the frontrunners to compete for the latter. Maybe it's an intense "dare" type of Fast Forward. I'm usually incorrect though.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
in photo 15, guess who are standing immediately behind Phil, per an official TAR CBS twert -- Rob and Brennan. (It's only taken almost 15 years to get them at the start line!) :)

I have a feeling that we will see that at the start line as well in the episode tonight, Since the official press images are usually taken from the episode that is airing.

Oh you'll see it. Phil pointed them out multiple times.

Sound clip with Brennan:

https://soundcloud.com/shawnpooley/amazing-race-27-premiere-with-brennan-swain-tar-1-winner
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »
Thanks to Candi for this link!

Tell us how the new season begins.

(Phil speaking:)

What I loved about what we did this season, and I would like to do it every season, is we had a live start at Venice Beach, where we invited fans to come out. That was a real highlight for me this season, just to have the energy of our fans and former Amazing Racers there at the starting line. So many starts we’ve done where we’re secluded and in the middle of nowhere. No one knows what we’re doing, no one is around us — there’s no audience. It’s kind of like doing a stage show where there’s no audience feedback. In this particular situation, they’re on a stage, but not just a stage. There’s a huge crowd reacting to who they are and what they’re saying. There’s a lot of yelling out and connecting. It works out not just for hyping up the teams but hyping up all of us as well. We got a real kick out of it.

It’s amazing how much stuff is in this first episode. First of all, from the start, you’ll see some former Amazing Racers lined up, including the very first winners of The Amazing Race. Rob and Brennan are standing right there. It’s so cool. I still have a connection with them, going back to season one. To have them come out and support the show and still be such big fans of the show speaks to the experience that everybody has on the show. A lot of the ex-Racers still want to be connected with the greater Amazing Race family. I think it speaks to what the show is about. All of these fans were at the starting line, sending live video from their phones to friends around the world. There’s this amazing live energy at the start of the show. In my opinion, it’s the best energy we’ve ever had.

http://parade.com/425836/joshwigler/the-amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-previews-the-season-27-premiere/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »
Well, Survivor and Big Brother can have their live finales, and we can have the live starts. I think we come out ahead.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2015, 08:17:04 PM »
Sheesh  :groan: All that time I spent looking for a company logo and I never stopped to think the launch ramp might have its own group/website--here and here.
I'll reserve judgment because I haven't seen the full episode yet, but something's not quite right...

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »
Checking out the water bike course on Google earth, it looks like the distance from the lagoon in Marina Del Ray to Burton Chace Park (CBS spelled it wrong) is about 1 mile, maybe slightly less. It depends on where they landed in the park. I chose what I thought was the likeliest landing spot. Other routes could make it anywhere from 0.8 to 1.3 miles.

For what it's worth, they landed almost exactly where I thought they would, on the end of the spit of land where the park is. So, they water biked about a mile.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2016, 02:26:21 AM »
:bump
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2016, 02:28:33 AM »
:bump
RFF's Golden Rule: