Author Topic: TAR 25 EP 7 "Pretty Fly for a Food Scientist" (Italy)  (Read 18529 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 25 EP 7 "Pretty Fly for a Food Scientist" (Italy)
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
So we know that Adam & Bethany, Kym & Alli, Misti & Jim & Tim & Tee Jay definitely do the Painters Detour and I'm willing to bet Brooke & Robbie do it as well -- I can't see them doing the Posers task as memory tasks aren't their strength.  Unless of course, they get lost and wind up there anyway.  So I suspect Amy & Maya are the only ones doing the Posers Detour.  I'd do that one as well -- it sounds fun and I'm not an artist.  I'd probably be lucky to draw a straight line.

Aren't Brooke & Robbie shown at the opera task in the 30-second preview? Unless you meant they end up completing the Painters Detour instead overall.

Also, it looks like Misti & Jim and Kym & Alli are neck-and-neck in the Roadblock, and later in the Painters Detour.

RANDOM SPECULATION: I'm calling a Brooke & Robbie or Tim & Te Jay NEL. Or maybe a KOR?

I didn't see the 30-second preview.  I'm just speculating that they went to the Painters Detour.  But it's possible that they went to the Posers one first, realized how bad it was, and switched.  If that's the case, then if there was an NEL they probably came in last and were spared.  Of course, it could be a KOR.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 10:27:51 AM »
All 3 previews are up in the thread, Belle.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 12:53:10 PM »
Pretty sure we'll be starting the leg with an Hours of Operation just before Monte Pellegrino.

The first flights that arrive in Palermo (that make sense as connections between Morocco and Italy) do not arrive until 7:30am. It's a 30min drive to Monte Pellegrino, so the earliest teams can get there if they fly in the same day is around 8am. However, the shadows at Monte Pellegrino suggest a time much earlier than that (around 6:30am). Therefore, we can deduce that teams had arrived in Palermo the night before.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
All 3 previews are up in the thread, Belle.

I know.  I just didn't take a look at them, that's all.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
Is it REALLY 300? I am only at 297....  ???  using my fingers, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 03:50:41 PM »
6(13) + 14(12) + 4(11) + 7 = 297
Unless they counted 3 of the 7 TBCs?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »

heee, well it is the thought that counts! I got the same.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 04:06:14 PM »

heee, well it is the thought that counts! I got the same.
Could they be counting the recaps from Seasons 6 and 7? ???
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
Could be. I also remember that a couple of double episodes aired as one on CBS were aired as single ones outside the USA. Maybe that's the difference.  ???
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »
I can't wait for TAR. I look forward to it every week (unlike last season)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »
For the earlier seasons' TBC's, maybe they're counting the ones as 2 legs where they met Phil at a fake Pit Stop to receive their next clues? I believe they did this in Seasons 8, 9, and 14, while in the other occasions, they just received a clue/video message that informed them to keep racing --- 293 legs + 7 legs of TAR 25 = 300?

I just know that in Season 6, they viewed a video message, and in Season 10, they received a clue to keep on racing after completing a task, not after meeting Phil. I do not know what happened in Season 7.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »
Season 7 was a fake Pit Stop

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »
Season 7 was a fake Pit Stop
Annnd there goes my theory - out the window  :funny:

We need a 300-leg count explanation!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2014, 12:16:14 AM »
Here's the number of "shows" (Phil uses this term to refer to single legs and halves of a double-leg) including tonight's episode:
13x11 (Seasons 1-11) + 11x2 (Seasons 12-13) + 12x11 (Seasons 14-24) + 7 (Season 25) = 304
So in TPTB's counting system, only four of the past previous TBCs have been a single leg.

There's therefore two ways to spin it:
1. It is only a TBC when Phil tells you "the leg of the race is not over." So it's considered one long leg in Seasons 7, 8, 9, and 14, but two legs in all other instances (including when teams don't meet Phil).
2. It's a new leg whenever Phil tells you your position. So it's two legs even if Phil tells you "the leg is not over," but one long leg if you don't encounter Phil, or if he doesn't tell you your position.

ShowLocationInformed byInstructions
6.6Eger, Hungary (ad-hoc TBC)No indication-
7.8Lucknow, IndiaPhil[No placement] You're still racing. This leg is not over.
8.10Moran, USAPhilYou are the first and second teams to arrive. However, this leg of the race is not over. You're still racing, and I have your next clue.
8.12Montreal, CanadaNo indication-
9.3Moscow, RussiaPhilYou're the first team to arrive. However, this leg is still not over; you're still racing. Here's your next clue.
10.9Helsinki, FinlandClueKEEP RACING!!!
14.10Beijing, ChinaPhilYou are the first team to arrive. [Unaired prize] But guys, this leg of the race is not over. You are still racing; here is your next clue.
18.1Sydney, AustraliaPhilYou are the first team to arrive. [Prize] But you guys are still racing; here's your next clue.
18.4Lijiang, ChinaPhilYou are the first team to arrive. [Prize] You can enjoy that after the race but right now you're still racing.
19.9Brussels, BelgiumPhilYou are team number one! [Prize] Now, as the first team to arrive you know what that means: you'll be the first team leaving on the next leg of the race. And the next leg of the race starts right now.
22.3Windwhistle, New Zealand (ad-hoc TBC)PhilI'm very pleased to tell you that you are the first team to arrive. [Prize] Guys, the race is still going; I have your next clue.
23.4Svolvaer, NorwayPhilYou are team number one! [Prize] The other news is that you are still racing. Rip it, read it, and keep on racing.

Edited: To add on, we've had 15 double-show episodes and 2 recap shows (Seasons 6 and 7), meaning we're at Episode 304-15+2 = 291!

2: Hong Kong > Sydney > Coober Pedy
2: (Finale) Auckland > Hana > Sausalito
3: Grindelwald > Montreux > Singapore
3: (Finale) Ho Chi Minh City > Hoi An > Seattle
5: (Finale) Manila > El Nido > Dallas
6: (Finale) Shanghai > Xi'an > Chicago
7: Vicente Casares > Johannesburg > Makgadigadi Pans
8: Quepos > Fountain Hills > Page
11: Stone Town > Warsaw > Krakow
15: (Premiere) Los Angeles > Tokyo > Cai Be
18: (Finale) Zermatt > Niteroi > Pigeon Key
20: (Finale) Kochi > Osaka > Waikane
21: (Finale) Palma de Mallorca > Chenonceaux > New York City
22: (Finale) Edinburgh > Belfast > Mount Vernon
23: (Finale) Bandung > Tokyo > Juneau
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:42:45 AM by Neobie »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2014, 12:39:52 AM »
I think based on your count, you can definitely count Season 6 Leg 6 and 7 as one mega leg as PHIL did not appear mid-way.

Plus Season 8 leg 12 and 13 (finale), plus Season 10 Leg 9?

The contentious one might be Season 7's TBC. "Meet PHIL" was the clue and PHIL did appear. But because he specifically told them this leg is not over and there's no placement given too.. I think that leg can be counted as a mega leg?

And then we have our 300!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2014, 02:48:34 AM »
So, when Misti and Jim arrive at the Painting Detour, they ask for Tonnara Florio. That's an old tuna processing factory that has been converted to a restaurant and events space.

https://www.google.gr/maps/search/palermo+tonnara+florio/@38.1494249,13.3738861,235a,20y,41.73t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=el

And although this is the name of the church they said in the press info: http://www.tuttocitta.it/parrocchie/palermo/quartiere-arenella

It's actually not the same building but just a street further as this isthe exact spot:
https://www.google.gr/maps/search/palermo+tonnara+florio/@38.1515556,13.3737984,3a,61.1y,144.54h,91.16t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svG4l6Tp1Ql0rhgHdDjIyoQ!2e0?hl=el

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:02:29 AM by kiki »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
So, when Misti and Jim arrive at the Painting Detour, they ask for Tonnara Florio. That's an old tuna processing factory that has been converted to a restaurant and events space.

https://www.google.gr/maps/search/palermo+tonnara+florio/@38.1494249,13.3738861,235a,20y,41.73t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=el

And although this is the name of the church they said in the press info: http://www.tuttocitta.it/parrocchie/palermo/quartiere-arenella

It's actually not the same building but just a street further as this isthe exact spot:
https://www.google.gr/maps/search/palermo+tonnara+florio/@38.1515556,13.3737984,3a,61.1y,144.54h,91.16t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svG4l6Tp1Ql0rhgHdDjIyoQ!2e0?hl=el

That is awesome kiki!!

But which church are you using on the map? The press releases call it Capella Sant' Antonio ...

If they are painting a tuna factory after I spent hours checking Sicilian church frescoes....    {{{}

:funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2014, 09:04:59 AM »
I got this by googling tonnara florio amazing race...is this a traffic notice??

http://www.comune.palermo.it/xmls/VIS_DATASET_INFOTRAFFICO01.xml
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:12:39 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2014, 09:11:35 AM »
yep...it is :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2014, 09:26:07 AM »
I think it might be a little chapel abutting the tuna factory? I mean, it has a cross on the roof and bells and all...

The little sign you see inside (could be a prop) says "Arca Testamenti Et Haereticorum Malleus."
Latin for "Ark of the Covenant and Hammer of the Heretics."
That's the title bestowed upon St Anthony (Sant' Antonio). Pretty deep stuff!

Edit: Via Bonanno is where the go-karts raced. At least we can confirm the date of filming in Palermo! :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:30:10 AM by Neobie »