Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 11 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 33998 times)

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
Just realised - If Carol&Jen win we will have all "all stars" seasons won by the team that never won a leg...
Didn't Eric & Danielle (mostly Danielle) technically do that? I mean, they were never an original team in the "first place", thus not winning a single Leg together until their finale in Honolulu & SanFran.

runningblind meant that every returning racers season had someone who did not win any legs but the final one.

Yes, that's what I meant ;) I kind of think of the all star season as of the self standing ones ;)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
... we do not know whether the rules have changed. They haven't mentioned it since god knows when.

Yup exactly. All I care about for now is that if there's 1 RB on that Vegas leg, both Brendon and Caroline are still eligible to perform it.

If the clue surprisingly said "Dave, Rachel, and Jennifer MUST perform this Roadblock!" ... I'll be so livid cause you just know who they are rigging this for.

Modified because of language.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:08:15 AM by TexasLady »

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Look buddy, I don't want to disappoint youm but that ship has sailed
 :)

Yup, that ship is long gone. But here I am, clinging on to the anchor they forgot to pull up, being dragged across the sea floor by the ship that is TAR24.

I'm all up for the conspiracy that production changed the rules for Dave & Connor! (I know they didn't [I hope] and it was just Dave & Connor using one giant Loophole Abuse). That whole RB disparity just aggravates me to no seeming end.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
... we do not know whether the rules have changed. They haven't mentioned it since god knows when.

Yup exactly. All I care about for now is that if there's 1 RB on that Vegas leg, both Brendon and Caroline are still eligible to perform it.

If the clue surprisingly said "Dave, Rachel, and Jennifer MUST perform this Roadblock!" ... I'll be so livid cause you just know who they are rigging this for.

I know right! :gaah: If they want a parent-child team to win, they should just do what they did for all-female teams (put 4 or more in one season) and not drag one team and make exceptions when things starts to go south.

But it seems that there are two Roadblocks. One is the David Copperfield one (see Caroline holding a red clue while hugging him) and the lightbulb one (I think only Connor is doing it but I might be wrong).

Language!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:10:32 AM by TexasLady »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I have to say, this is a VERY GOOD leg. I enjoyed every bit of England which I saw <3

Great Roadblock (lovely clue giver!), fun Detour! Nice scenery, enough drama and the only thing that killed it was if everyone move up one position and Dave and Connor gets eliminated. :funny:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
This leg was GREAT! I :hrt: any time they visit the UK. (Being biased as I live there) :lol:
I still prefer Leg 6, but don't know why though? ???

It was just a pity the Afghanimals got lost, because they would've beaten Brenchel hands down if they had the right directions.
Just like last season they went from 1st to last.  :groan:

Like everyone else, I too am rather pissed with Connor being allowed to do 7 RBs, but I'm not even gonna let it bother me, because there's really no point.  :lol:

I'm praying Vegas will save this season and be a deserving Final Leg, plus having David Copperfield, and a Skydive challenge that hopefully turns out as good as it looks in the preview, can't really hurt... Can it?  ???
Also loved that Mark got a quote at the finish line - "We don't know, it's somebody."  :hearts:  :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
OMG! Are they dropping from the sky to the Finish Line! WHAT?! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

:umn:  :colors  :wohoo:

Yeah, It will be amazing! :colors
But pls, don't be DC... I really hate them on this leg (and in all the race xD)... I expected that CaroJen will win their first leg. :/
I'm happy for Brenchel! :D
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
This is the first time since heaven knows when that a team has gone into the final leg with such a large split. We have no way of knowing if one of the apparent Roadblocks isn't being counted as part of the limit, whether the limit was higher for some reason (could be that there was flexibility this time because of Luke and Margie being cast among other things) or whether there just wasn't a limit.
I tend to think that given the effort all the teams made to keep a fairly even split until Connot did these last three roadblocks, that there was a minimum number limit this time, rather than a totally equal as possible rule as has been the case since season 6. Otherwise, we'd would have seen some sort of penalty, or instruction, or something. But given the behavior of the teams, I tend to think there was some version of that rule in place, but one that is different from what we've usually seen.  It would be a good question for someone to ask.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Haven't we had a 7 roadblock rule for awhile to account for the Express Pass and the FF? ??? Seems like we settled this the last couple of seasons.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I remembered it was 7, 7 too. But also remembered that in order to keep both team member alternating between a 2 RBs finale, producers will ensure that the team member who's at 6 RBs already to NOT do the penultimate leg RB so that the ratio can be even going into the finale.

Unless this has been changed, either Dave has to do all the RBs in the finale (2?), or there's only ONE RB and Dave will be specifically instructed to do it, and therefore it doesn't matter if Connor has hit 7 already.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Haven't we had a 7 roadblock rule for awhile to account for the Express Pass and the FF? ??? Seems like we settled this the last couple of seasons.

Peach, it's been 7 when there were a total of 13 roadblocks. Have no idea what TPTB do if there are 2 RBs on the last leg (when there's supposed to be a "each one does one" instruction, presumably based on past legs) and one of the Racers is already at 7.
-- theschnauzers

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster

Peach, it's been 7 when there were a total of 13 roadblocks. Have no idea what TPTB do if there are 2 RBs on the last leg (when there's supposed to be a "each one does one" instruction, presumably based on past legs) and one of the Racers is already at 7.
in season 16 , Brent and Caite got a 7-5 split as well,
though Brent's 7th RB was on the final leg..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:18:54 PM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
Just caught up on the episode online. That was a crazy leg! Simple challenges but still dramatic and a lot of position changes.

After watching the Once Upon A Time finale last night and now just seeing the promo for the TAR finale where a team skydives into the finish line, I think I might have a heart attack. Too much craziness for me to handle.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Caroline and Jennifer are the ONLY team to go to all four countries in the UK!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
I have to admit, I am surprised to see Jen & Carol make it to the Final 3, as I kept thinking, they would be the next team eliminated. They never seem like a strong team at all.

Brenden & Rachel have gone through the race twice, and not have to be Philiminated at all. Only one other racer holds that distinction. I guess never being eliminated is some kind of consolation prize for the 2nd and 3rd place teams. 

This Vegas finale better be good, because the last one in LV, really sucked balls.

I will be glad when this season is over, and it's back to new blood.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The thing that amazed me most about this episode is that they went to Liverpool and there was not the slightest hint of anything about the Beatles. I would have been OK with that, but I'm happier that they went in the other direction.