Author Topic: Keep on Racing Legs Penalty?  (Read 681 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
Keep on Racing Legs Penalty?
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:11:39 PM »
Do you think a Keep on Racing leg or TBC leg should have a penalty for the last team to check-in?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Keep on Racing Legs Penalty?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
No if the leg is truly a linear leg with no bunching, yes if there is a bunching or flight.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
If it's a penultimate KoR/TBC Leg like Beijing in TAR14, then no, I don't believe there should be a penalty because it's so close to the finale. I wouldn't want any teams' chances of racing for the million toasted all because of a fake Pit Stop AKA "midpoint" penalty near the end of the season... especially when the tasks are linear and/or timed.

However, standard KoR/TBC Legs like Moscow in TAR9 and Sydney in TAR18 should be assessed penalties because it contains majorly governed locomotion (airplanes, trains, buses) in the following Leg. Those so-called equalizers bunch teams together and it feels more like a separate Leg (non-elimination).

Instead of a Speed Bump, the KoR/TBC Legs should have a marked for elimination (30-min. penalty) consequence.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH October 2014
"I need a doctoro." ~Charla (of Charla & Mirna; season 5, leg 2)

Online dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:53 PM »
Yes.  Since they're considered separate Legs or "zero hour Pit Stops" there should at least be a penalty if there's no elimination.
These aren't the original TBC-legs where they are considered one huge double length Leg.  These are basically non-elimination Legs with no penalties.  That should change.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lurking somewhere in real life...
    • My LDS Mission Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »
No. The whole point of TBC legs (with the exception of the very first one which happened because of a production fluke) is to provide opportunity for comebacks and twists of fate. Penalties for the last team would limit that possibility. I don't think whether it is early or late in the race even needs to be a deciding factor.

Also, there is still no significant difference between these and the TBC legs of old. They are simply counted differently by Phil (for no apparent reason).

Online dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »
They've changed the distinction between double Legs (TAR6-10) and the Legs with zero hour Pit Stops that are being used now that are, again, non-elimination Legs without penalty.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lurking somewhere in real life...
    • My LDS Mission Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:57:01 PM »
They've changed the distinction between double Legs (TAR6-10) and the Legs with zero hour Pit Stops that are being used now that are, again, non-elimination Legs without penalty.

I know. I meant that while these legs are a little different (now there is a prize for team number 1) from the TBC legs of old, the difference is not significant in my book.

Custom Search