Author Topic: TAR 24 EP 5 "Can't Make Fish Bite" Colombo, Sri Lanka  (Read 30981 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 EP 5 "Can't Make Fish Bite" Colombo, Sri Lanka
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 06:58:31 AM »
:conf: I hope we get to see Neobie on this leg :)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 07:02:29 AM »
New preview from CBS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hiZf8AIgpsI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hiZf8AIgpsI</a>

In exotic Sri Lanka teams will spin it, fish it, sew it, and one team may lose it!
Don't miss the closest leg yet. The Amazing Race airs Sunday at 8/7c. Only CBS

Detour: Fishing or Spinning Plate?
RB: Sewing a shirt? Exactly the same task (and location?) as  TARA 4 and TARAus 1 RB? :lol: :res:

and let's see how 'close' this leg will be :lol:
By close, I think they mean close connections, alluding to Brenchel, as obviously it's not close.
The Roadblock appears to be identical to the ones in TARA and TARAus. I hope that they'll make it harder than the other RBs, maybe they could have to sew shirts, pants, etc?
Colombo is by the sea, so I don't think that they'll have to travel by train to the Detour.
I can't believe that it's yet ANOTHER leg in which Cowboys and Dave & Connor and first and second.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 07:31:16 AM »
I don't know guys, maybe this is a match? ???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »
It is, Neobie. :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 08:19:11 AM »
Next week's tasks look  :groan:

Fishing again? :res:

Sewing like TARA again? :res:

Oh my god, the spinning plates should at least be entertaining, or else...

I'll only look forward to Brenchel's Speed Bump and nothing else. What a leg design indeed :res:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
Shouldn't be too hard to make the connection.

MI 341 arrived at Gate E1 (according to the preview) ten minutes early, at 10.25pm. SQ 468 left Gate F54 at 10.59pm, a little ahead of schedule. It's about a 570m/620yd run across the central bit of the same terminal.

And just like that, they leapfrog to the front of the pack with a lead of one-and-a-half hours! Watch the editors make a big deal out of that.

But then they get bunched along with everyone else.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »
Preview CAPS!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:46 PM »
Do we see other teams with the train? If not, it might be a part of Speed Bump?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 03:42:05 PM »
In TAR Asia 4, leg 4 all the teams had to get the train from Colombo to Galle and it was there that Richard and Richard won the FF by shaving their heads. How funny would it be if there was another FF like this and Brenchel would go for it?  :funny:

" I paid 500$ for these extensions" :pull

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »
Agree with Lutpayy that they're reusing Trendy Connection... Check out the yellow beams and the angle of the roof.

What an all-star season, even the locations are three-peats! -_-

Does Sri Lanka I/II look like they extended at the last minute a leg that was supposed to fit in just one episode, the same way Guangzhou I/II looked like to me?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:36:12 PM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
(Merged with above post.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:33:13 PM by Neobie »

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
Aren't we missing Dave&Connor on the timeline? I mean in safe / at-risk categories?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2014, 10:38:17 PM »

Does Sri Lanka I/II look like they extended at the last minute a leg that was supposed to fit in just one episode, the same way Guangzhou I/II looked like to me?

Don't think so...this one feels planned to me.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »
The temple have you seen is Gangaramaya Temple and I posted it in the intro caps thread.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »
Aren't we missing Dave&Connor on the timeline? I mean in safe / at-risk categories?

Don't think so.. ??? I have them first in the safe category.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 07:15:10 AM »
Screencap 39 of the second preview shows Brendon & Rachel running at one of the jetways of the Satellite Terminal gate at KLIA.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 07:33:10 AM »
Even that we know that TARA and TARAus had visited those places, but I think this will be the first time TAR:US visit those places and this will be the first time it'll be showed in US television. So, it'll be the first time viewers who never watch TARA and TARAus before see those location, tasks, etc. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 11:08:04 AM »
THE RACE CONTINUES IN SRI LANKA WHERE TEAMS STRUGGLE TO GET A BITE WHEN FISHING FOR THEIR NEXT CLUE, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 23

“Can’t Make Fish Bite” – The Race continues in Sri Lanka where teams struggle to get a bite when fishing for their next clue, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
Even that we know that TARA and TARAus had visited those places, but I think this will be the first time TAR:US visit those places and this will be the first time it'll be showed in US television. So, it'll be the first time viewers who never watch TARA and TARAus before see those location, tasks, etc. :)

That is very true!
The Amazing Race Australia season 2 also showcased Istanbul, in a better way then the Us. versions (just my opion).

I just hope that they feature Independence Commemoration Hall, in this leg. It was not in season 6.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 08:26:29 AM »
i can't believe there is not double u-turn in this episode. it wouldn't happen in leg 6 also since it is a NEL ( we saw a speed-bump in leg 7, italy)

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 10:09:13 AM »

Don't think so.. ??? I have them first in the safe category.

Now I see them :-) I don't know why I haven't seen them before :-D

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2014, 06:08:12 AM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1001289/season-24-episode-5/50274/

Press pictures. :P

Brenchel's Speed Bump task just nails it.

This is gonna be a very very boring leg.  :groan:

Hopefully the Plates spinning Detour is interesting.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2014, 07:40:46 AM »
CBS PRESS PICTURES

"Can’t Make Fish Bite" in Season 24 Episode 5
In this Road Block, Herb (right) must stitch together a shirt in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Harlem Globetrotters in Season 24 Episode 5
Harlem Globetrotters Herb (left) and Nate (right) make their way to the Pit Stop at the Colombo Rowing Club on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

John and Jessica in Season 24 Episode 5
Engaged couple John (left) and Jessica (right) travel by train to the city of Galle on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Cowboys in Season 24 Episode 5
Cowboy brothers Jet (left) and Cord (right) make their way to the next location on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jet and Cord in Season 24 Episode 5
Cowboy brothers Jet (left) and Cord (right)make their way to the Pit Stop at the Colombo Rowing Club on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Leo and Jamal in Season 24 Episode 5
Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) take a tuk tuk to a marked King Coconut stand in Koggala, Sri Lanka in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Margie and Luke in Season 24 Episode 5
In this Route Marker, Mother/son team Margie (center) and Luke (right) receive a blessing from a monk at the Buddhist temple before receiving the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

On the train in Season 24 Episode 5
Mother/son team Margie (left) and Luke (right) make their way by train to the city of Galle on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brenchel in Season 24 Episode 5
Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) make their way from Malaysia to Sri Lanka on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Speed Bump in Season 24 Episode 5
In this Speed Bump, Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) must screen print 15 t-shirts with the Sri Lankan flag before continuing the race on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer
In this Route Marker, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) receive a blessing from a monk at the Buddhist temple before receiving the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Dave and Connor
In this Route Marker, Father/son team David (left) and Connor (right) receive a blessing from a monk at the Buddhist temple before receiving the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2014, 10:34:24 AM »
Wow, in the first photo Luigi are showed at night (take notice of the flashlight on Margie's head), but they're then shown on a train headed to Galle AT DAYTIME! So perhaps they get bunched or something? By an HoO perhaps? :o

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »
It can be bright at 7am and 4pm, but it's 9 hours apart. :(