Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 6830 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
Phil signing to all the teams while Luke is still there! Good guy Phil!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
I think that is a record for the most teams checking in at one time, I believe the record was Leg 3 in TAR 12?
It's Clobbering Time!

Online Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Back at the roadblock, lots of teams getting close. YouTube finish in 8th. Jessica & John finish in 9th. Mark & Mallory look shocked.

Jessica & John get to the pit stop before Joey & Meghan. John & Jessica are team #8. Joey & Meghan are team #9. Meghan says she learned a lesson to not help when it's not to their advantage.

Pit stop:
1st - Brendon & Rachel
2nd - Margie & Luke
3rd - Caroline & Jennifer
4th - Dave & Connor
5th - Flight Time & Big Easy
6th - Jet & Cord
7th - Leo & Jamal
8th - Jessica & John
9th - Joey & Meghan

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #NeverGiveUpNicole ♥
This Pit Stop looked like TAR12 Leg 3 but with more teams. :lol:
This space is dedicated forevermore to Poland's Next Top Model.

Online Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mark & Mallory finally finish the detour. They arrive at the pit stop and all the other teams are standing behind Phil. They are in last place and they've been eliminated from the race.

Mark shakes Phil's hand and thanks him. Mark says he doesn't think he could travel the world without Bopper. Mallory cries. They still look pissed in their confessional. Mark says he thinks it wasn't meant to be.

Pit stop:
1st - Brendon & Rachel
2nd - Margie & Luke
3rd - Caroline & Jennifer
4th - Dave & Connor
5th - Flight Time & Big Easy
6th - Jet & Cord
7th - Leo & Jamal
8th - Jessica & John
9th - Joey & Meghan
10th - Mark & Mallory (ELIMINATED)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
Very sad elimination, but Mark & Mallory really didn't work well together in my opinion. They are distant opposites. :'(
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH September 2014
"Oy vey!" ~Phil (of Phil Keoghan; season 22, leg 4)

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Such a sad elimination :(
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
Such a sad ending :( Can we please get Bopper and Mark back again? It's a shame that it didn't work out as people hoped. I hope this is a lesson to not do hybrid teams especially at the last minute :/
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The Queens of San Juan del Sur
Very sad elimination, but Mark & Mallory really didn't work well together in my opinion. They are distant opposites. :'(
I agree completely. I was rooting for them because I like them both, but they messed up getting Mark's backpack. There was a lack of communication.
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Next Week: Malaysia. Cord climbs up a waterfall, Globetrotters dance with the locals, Brenchel are having trouble rafting.
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Online Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Cord is going down a waterfall or something? Globetrotters are dancing with locals while Brenchel fall out of a canoe in a creek... Oh my.

Offline NoluckBoston

• RFF Sr. Member
I would have left the back pack.

I would have also give them $2,500 to Bopper if I had just won it.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would have left the back pack.

I would have also give them $2,500 to Bopper if I had just won it.
I was expecting Rachel to give Mark some $$$ when I saw her crying.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
I agree completely. I was rooting for them because I like them both, but they messed up getting Mark's backpack. There was a lack of communication.
There was a massive lack of communication, but I also feel that Mallory showed a lack of empathy. I think the way she said she'd buy Mark another backpack might have offended him.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Not So Newbie
Look like Gary is the only one know how to calm Mallory down and Bopper is the only one know how to cheer Mark up.

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #NeverGiveUpNicole ♥
Seriously he should've left his bag. Anyone remember Steve & Allie - they were in first, they didn't go back for theirs.

People had no bags all the time on earlier seasons and did just fine...

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
There was a massive lack of communication, but I also feel that Mallory showed a lack of empathy. I think the way she said she'd buy Mark another backpack might have offended him.
I think so too. I think he took it as an indirect insult, with her having money and him with not so much, to say the least.

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #NeverGiveUpNicole ♥
Such a sad ending :( Can we please get Bopper and Mark back again? It's a shame that it didn't work out as people hoped. I hope this is a lesson to not do hybrid teams especially at the last minute :/

I think hybrid teams are great, we've just had one dysfunctional one and one despicable one, so they just need to be more selective...

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
Look like Gary is the only one know how to calm Mallory down and Bopper is the only one know how to cheer Mark up.

A reminder that if a team wants to race again, they do it with their original teammate. They were a train wreck in the 1st leg, and just miserable to watch in the 2nd leg. I guess they were one of those teams that may have looked good on paper to come back, but just crashed and burned quickly. I guess every returnee season has to have one of those teams.

But kudos to Big Brother for finally winning a leg, after never winning a single one in their original season.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Mark and Mallory had too little time to understand each others. Next time, if there is a hybrid team, they should have time to make friend before the race.
SamuelDude TAR New Zealand: Tate & Victor (Leg 4)
TAR Greece (Host: Airlines): Vytalia & Nikola (Leg 2)
Survivor Greenland: Denise Stapley
Alenaveda's A.R.G. 3: Joseph (3) & Pat (4) (Leg 6 - 227.24 TMT)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!

I think hybrid teams are great, we've just had one dysfunctional one and one despicable one, so they just need to be more selective...
Eric & Danielle somewhat worked because at least they knew each other. Mallory didn't even know Mark's last name. The race is hard enough as it is, I don't think racers need to add the difficulty of having to learn how to deal with their teammates (leave that to the dating teams that want to see if they're fit for marriage), take TAR17's Andie & Jenna as an example, they just couldn't hit their stride because they had just recently met.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:14:25 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member

Eric & Danielle somewhat worked because at least they knew each other. Mallory didn't even know Mark's last name. The race is hard enough as it is, I don't think racers need to add the difficulty of having to learn how to deal with their teammates (leave that to the dating teams that want to see if they're fit for marriage)

I hope this is the last time hybrid teams appear in the race ever. So far in race history, there was one that faked their relationship just to get in the race, and another that basically did not know each other at all.

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #NeverGiveUpNicole ♥

Eric & Danielle somewhat worked because at least they knew each other. Mallory didn't even know Mark's last name. The race is hard enough as it is, I don't think racers need to add the difficulty of having to learn how to deal with their teammates (leave that to the dating teams that want to see if they're fit for marriage), take TAR17's Andie & Jenna as an example, they just couldn't hit their stride because they had just recently met.

Yeah they knew each other but Danielle deserved no place on All-Stars TBH. Mark & Mallory could have worked given time, but we only got two legs. :(

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
And on a personal note, I prefer watching teams whose bond is strong, like Zev & Justin's friendship, the Twinnies' quirky way of insulting each other to keep going, Ken & Tina's rekindled romance, Tim & Marie's weird relationship.
The story so far:

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think if Meghan didn't help John, John & Jessica would be the one got eliminated and complain how they are at the mental challenges or If Mark just left his bag, Joey & Meghan would be the one got eliminated and Meghan would kill herself for making that stupid move. Either way, far more interesting resulf than this.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:50:56 PM by alecbaldwin »

Custom Search