Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 7203 times)

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
PS: Margie and Luke owning most part of this leg and barely getting any screen time. They whored the screen time out of Cowboys on Leg 1 as they were leading throughout.

HAHAHAHA  :funny:  :funny:  I Lol'd quite a bit at that and I don't even know why :lol: - But yes, I totally agree, and for the 2nd episode in a row I think the Globes got the least screen time, but from the promo I think that'll all change for Leg 3.
..... The World is Waiting! .....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think production would have tried to bring the bag with them. Like they did when Steve & Allie forgot their bags in the Seychelles in season 16. They got their bags back once they were eliminated.

Production NEVER interferes with the race as it happens. They cannot. That is why so many teams have had miserable things happen.

audio file where Phil discusses this:

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmentertainment/phil-keoghan-from-the-amazing?in=siriusxmentertainment/sets/entertainment-weekly-radio-on
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Sr. Member
Production NEVER interferes with the race as it happens. They cannot. That is why so many teams have had miserable things happen.

I still think that, assuming Mark & Mallory had left their bag. Then once they had reached the Pit Stop production could pick up the bag and carry it with them. Production could then give the bag back to Mark once he is eliminated or the race is over. I wouldn't count that as interfering with the race. And don't forget that this is exactly what happened to Steve & Allie.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Not So Newbie
OMG, finally was able to watch this. i had to be in the wilderness of east java (indonesia) last 5 days, as my study tour. the good thing is i only have to wait for 2 days for the next episode ( waiting for a whole weak for each episodes feels like hell)

this episode is so much better than the premiere. although the tasks are not very difficult, but it scrambles the placement of the teams. i would want to have not very difficult but non linear task instead of very difficult but also very linear. i always love china legs and it's one of those very good china legs i think. the first leg of this season and shanghai leg in season 21 just sucked completely. season 18 leg 5 in kunming just completely rocked

the Roadblock was actually quite challenging physically and mentally. all the teams are discouraged by the instruction manual written in chinese.

the detours are also great. i guessed the shuttlecock would be so much harder when you play your own. moreover, it also changes the placement of teams

i'm not a fan of brenchel, but i'm glad they finally won, although i would have prefered margie and luke to win it, i loved seeing margie dealing with "building" or "putting something together" she always excels on those sector. moreover, margie and luke always had good legs in China

i was excited seeing jennifer's struggle in getting the express pass. meghan helping john was interesting, but i wouldn't do that if i were her. i'm glad that Flight time and Big easy do not really talk much during the race. i just want them to shut up the whole amazing race. they didn't bring significant effect to the race. despite my hate towards cowboys, they did something significant and contributed towards the excitement rating of the race

TBH, i don't mind seeing Mark and Mallory leaving (don't judge me LOL) since the very first episode, they were seen very incompatible, i wouldn't like them running a long race while holding grudges due to their differences and seeing them mocking each other.

overall, i love this episode, it's been a long time since i don't see a very Thrilling China legs. i wish all legs were pretty much like this.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

I still think that, assuming Mark & Mallory had left their bag. Then once they had reached the Pit Stop production could pick up the bag and carry it with them. Production could then give the bag back to Mark once he is eliminated or the race is over. I wouldn't count that as interfering with the race. And don't forget that this is exactly what happened to Steve & Allie.

That is a possibility, but NOT a guarantee. Others have lost/left items that were not returned. Interesting to wonder if a camera crew was stationed by the bag though, in addition to the team's own.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Sr. Member

That is a possibility, but NOT a guarantee. Others have lost/left items that were not returned. Interesting to wonder if a camera crew was stationed by the bag though, in addition to the team's own.

That I agree with. They could pick it up but don't have to. And they may very well not have the manpower to do it.

Regarding the camera crew. I suspect that some of the shots of forgotten items, like Kaylanis passport or Dallas fannypack, are staged after the fact. I mean that the event happened but if the camera failed to film it they can recreate it afterwards. If the shot is small enough then this can be done without involving the racers.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Found something, a bit too late though

https://twitter.com/jenwayne/status/441581295710113793

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Nice!

Jennifer Wayne‏@jenwayne 
@94_Canuck a few teams got time credit because of production, so we got 9th, but ended up technically leaving last.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!

Nice!

Jennifer Wayne‏@jenwayne 
@94_Canuck a few teams got time credit because of production, so we got 9th, but ended up technically leaving last.
I don't think we've ever encountered a time credit since season 2 if I remember correctly.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH November 2014
"Can I smash it now?" ~Brooke (of Brooke & Robbie; season 25, leg 6)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Every season has piles of them...whether we see them or not is another story!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I think we have seen them in a way that changed the order of departure a few times, but I don't track them for my team average placements. It's much harder to detect with times of departures that don't affect the order, but they are frequent from what I've understood. With so many teams arriving so close to each other at the pitstop for leg 2, it's possible we'll see this again this week as a result.
-- theschnauzers

Custom Search