Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 42815 times)

Online Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Suit & Tie
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2015, 08:47:53 PM »
That's strange because it would have meant that there would be 2, 3 continent races in a row
14/15?

Isn't Hawaii considered as Oceania? ???
I got all I need when I got you and I.
I look around me, and see a sweet life.
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight.
You're getting me, getting me, through the night.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussion
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2015, 02:54:52 AM »
That's strange because it would have meant that there would be 2, 3 continent races in a row
14/15?

I know it already happened but Tar 15 had to be diverted because of Swine Flu

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Mike & Rochelle <3
« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2015, 03:07:04 PM »
Finally peeled myself off the sofa after binging, and finishing TAR Canada 1 in one sitting.  :colors

And all I have to say is WOW! It's only my second time watching it, but it's up there with the best of the American seasons.  And even though they never actually left Canada, each Leg is so different in terms of the landscape / terrain, it might as well be different countries. 

The teams were fantastic.  The first time round I really didn't like Jet & Dave, but they really did make the Season.  I found myself in tears laughing at them most the time.  I think Holly & Brett were the only team I didn't really care for this time.  ???

Also, it was great too see that the Final 3 teams were stragglers at the back of the pack for the first half of the Season, and all the teams that dominated those Legs just fell and crumbled Mid-Race.  :hoot:
Though I'm still bitter over Hal & Joanne's Elimination!  :'(   (:;)  :iok
Definitely hyped for Season 3 now.  :trampb:
Wishlist Cast for Future Returnee Season:
Kym & Alli (S25), Misti & Jim (S25), Mike & Rochelle (S26), Hayley & Blair (S26)

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #303 on: July 05, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »
Taken from forums.previously.tv site where TAR 25 original route showing below (link):

Aside: Doha and environs getting the axe for S25 sounds rather incongruent on several levels - when the Arabian peninsula hosted legs on near-consecutive seasons in the past, it did so from both directions, e.g. five eastbound teams in Oman during S9 versus seven westbound teams in Kuwait during S10, then eight/seven westbound teams in the United Arab Emirates during S15 versus six eastbound teams in Oman during S17. Given this supposed original itinerary of Denmark -> Italy -> Malta -> Qatar -> Bahrain (to overcome the intrinsic limits of a quasi-micronation as well as preserving the pan-archipelago route) -> Singapore and keeping the NEL sequence intact, it would amount to the same exact double-F6 round that Abu Dhabi and al-Ain already had just two seasons ago as opposed to the aforementioned precedents.

That was the reason why Qatar and Bahrain were both scrapped a couple of days before TAR 25 started filming, cited those countries were replaced and gave Morocco as their replacement leg within two legs into one country.

Previously TV's spoilers are sadly no longer reliable for the most part, please do not quote them here.
Damn Glam!

Offline Wadsy591

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »
TAR22's route was amazing, Vietnam is honestly one of my favorite legs ever and the only legs I didn't enjoy were Scotland, Bora Bora 2, and the Finale.

From TAR22, the only legs I didn't like were the last two legs - Ireland and Washington, D.C. Boring in my opinion.

Leg 7 Botswana and Leg 10 Scotland were also average, the rest were awesome.

Online Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Suit & Tie
« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »
TAR22's route was amazing, Vietnam is honestly one of my favorite legs ever and the only legs I didn't enjoy were Scotland, Bora Bora 2, and the Finale.

From TAR22, the only legs I didn't like were the last two legs - Ireland and Washington, D.C. Boring in my opinion.

Leg 7 Botswana and Leg 10 Scotland were also average, the rest were awesome.

Really? I think Botswana in Leg 6 is way more meh than Leg 7. :lol: At least Leg 7 had some navigation drama. Leg 6 had like, nothing interesting. :lol:

My fave leg from 22 is Leg 9, Berlin.
I got all I need when I got you and I.
I look around me, and see a sweet life.
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight.
You're getting me, getting me, through the night.

Offline Wadsy591

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
I would rank TAR22's legs best to worst as this:

Leg 9 (Germany)
Leg 1 (French Polynesia)
Leg 8 (Switzerland)
Leg 2 (French Polynesia)
Leg 5 (Vietnam)
Leg 3 (New Zealand)
Leg 4 (Indonesia)
Leg 6 (Botswana)
Leg 10 (Scotland)
Leg 7 (Botswana)
Leg 12 (Washington, D.C)
Leg 11 (Ireland)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #307 on: July 23, 2015, 04:35:57 AM »
Billy & Clarissa are now 22 & 19  :ascared

Offline Wadsy591

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
I personally believe the strongest five seasons to date (in order) were:

1. Season 3 -   Best cast to date with all the teams being somewhat lovable, great locations (all except Morocco) and terrific suspense. Never boring, the near perfect season
2. Season 6 -   Highly underrated, and used to be the favourite for me. This season, despite having bad winners was perfect in every aspect. All locations were excellent, great suspense. Only downside were the early eliminations of both female teams and a predictable boot order
3. Season 5 -   The season considered to be the all-around best. It would have been my best, if only they had visited more Europe. Everything else was amazing, great final 3, loved Charla, terrific. I found myself losing interest once they reached the Philippines, but it picked up on the final leg
4. Season 18: Unfinished Business  -  The best of the new era. Great all-star teams despite having so many return from TAR 14, nice locations, wonderful suspense and an all around high fun factor
5. Season 22  -  It was a tough call, but this has to be #5. The locations this season were almost perfect, visiting less Asia, but I enjoyed Asia this time more than any other edition. It did lose some ground by Ireland, but overall, it was excellent. Great cast of teams, let down a weak finale.

Honorable mentions - Seasons 7 and 21