Watch the Houseguests 24/7 with the Big Brother Live Feeds only on CBS All Access. Sign up now and try 1 week FREE!

Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 282845 times)

Offline GB

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1825 on: June 27, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »
I don't know what got me thinking this, but what would happen if I female contestant was on her period during the race? Do you think they'd plan for that and have tampons and ibuprofen in their backpacks?  ???

Gretchen (Season 7) once said in an interview that after they were stripped of all belongings, she could still keep the tampons she brought. So yes, they do (or at least should) pack them themselves.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1826 on: July 05, 2016, 08:44:55 PM »
penalty in keep on racing leg
In TAR Asia 4 leg 7, Hussein & Natasha got 4 hours penalty for not completed their RB task, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Allan Wu handed them next clue
In TAR Australia 2 leg 7 Joseph & Grace also got 2 hours penalty for removing a teams' bags from a taxi, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Grant Bowler handed them next clue
In TAR 18 (UB) leg 4 Kent & Vyxsin got 2 hours penalty for not book a the assigned flight, but they serviced their penalty in leg 5 rather than leg 4

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
« Reply #1827 on: July 06, 2016, 03:57:39 AM »
In TAR Asia 4 leg 7, Hussein & Natasha got 4 hours penalty for not completed their RB task, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Allan Wu handed them next clue
In TAR Australia 2 leg 7 Joseph & Grace also got 2 hours penalty for removing a teams' bags from a taxi, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Grant Bowler handed them next clue
In TAR 18 (UB) leg 4 Kent & Vyxsin got 2 hours penalty for not book a the assigned flight, but they serviced their penalty in leg 5 rather than leg 4

I am also curious about this inconsistency. ??? Perhaps this rule in the US version is the only one differing from the rule in the Int'l versions. Jeck & RR of TAR Ph 2 also incurred a penalty at the end of Leg 5 (and not Leg 6) for not being able to perform a task in Leg 5 for safety reasons.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • sass
« Reply #1828 on: July 06, 2016, 05:29:43 AM »
How long of a penalty did Kent & Vyxsin get?
I'm speculating this difference in rule application may simply have been due to production requiring Phil to get ahead of the first teams. :tup:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
« Reply #1829 on: July 06, 2016, 06:07:18 AM »
How long of a penalty did Kent & Vyxsin get?
I'm speculating this difference in rule application may simply have been due to production requiring Phil to get ahead of the first teams. :tup:

Considering the break between the double leg in China during TAR18 was shorter than the others mentioned, this is possible. After all, the other mentioned penalty were at least 2 hours. The one Kynt & Vyxsin had was just 30 minutes.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1830 on: July 12, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »
Just curious. Can two teams play the Express Pass in the same leg?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1831 on: July 12, 2016, 01:09:15 PM »
With the exception of Season 27 (where the team who won the second Express Pass after the first team played it), there is no rule saying that two teams can't play it on the same leg.

Offline GB

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1832 on: July 12, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »

This happened on the first AND second seasons of TAR China.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1833 on: July 14, 2016, 11:18:37 PM »
Neil & Kristin and Simi & Ope both got the penalties for qutting Face-Off task and serviced their penalties at leg 5 pitstop because Jon Montgomery handed them next clue

I am also curious about this inconsistency. ??? Perhaps this rule in the US version is the only one differing from the rule in the Int'l versions. Jeck & RR of TAR Ph 2 also incurred a penalty at the end of Leg 5 (and not Leg 6) for not being able to perform a task in Leg 5 for safety reasons.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1834 on: July 15, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »
I had two thoughts on it. Either

a) Production, realizing teams would be bunched, enforced K/V's penalty on leg 5 so that it wouldn't be rendered moot, or

b) Production, wanting to move things along and noting that K/V were already in last, applied the penalty for them the first chance they could get, which would be the leg 5 pit stop, much like how time penalties on the US version for last place teams are added to their release time from the Pit Start.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1835 on: July 15, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »

This happened on the first AND second seasons of TAR China.

Belated thanks!

Custom Search