Author Topic: TAR Wishlist- locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks and prophetic dreams!  (Read 266970 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So I know somewhere here I had race routes inspired by the British and Portuguese empires; accordingly, here's the third season of such a thing:

Leg 1: St. Louis, Missouri to Wuhai, China
Leg 2: to Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
Leg 3: to Kratie, Cambodia (via Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Leg 4: to Chennai, India
Leg 5: to Antananarivo, Madagascar
Leg 6: to Toliara, Madagascar
Leg 7: to Douala, Cameroon
Leg 8: to Wonga-Wongue Presidential Reserve, Gabon
Leg 9: to Andorra la Vella, Andorra (via Toulouse, France)
Leg 10: to Fontainebleau, France (via Paris)
Leg 11: to Montreal, Canada
Leg 12: to New Orleans, Louisiana

Sadly the Spanish empire isn't really diverse enough for a full season  :(

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • such stars <3
^ A bit of a stretch, but possible!

Leg 1: Miami, Florida, to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Leg 2: Arequipa, Peru
Leg 3: Lake Titicaca, Peru
Leg 4: Rosario (& surrounding areas), Argentina
Leg 5: Bata, Equatorial Guinea
Leg 6: Tangier, Morocco
Leg 7: Bilbao, Spain
Leg 8: Cebu/Mactan, Philippines
Leg 9: Iloilo City, Philippines
Leg 10: Taipei/Keelung, Taiwain
Leg 11: Koror, Palau
Leg 12: San Jose, California
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member
Another Route Wishlist with modification: :hrt:

Best visit period: Early June - Late June

Start Line: Los Angeles, CA (Since WRP was being cheap nowadays.)
Leg 1: Seoul, South Korea (Korean Wave culture leg such as K Pop and Drama) :hearts: 
Leg 2: Kathmandu, Nepal (Interesting Indian-ish leg with Nepali culture)
Leg 3: Lumbini, Nepal (Buddhism culture tribute leg in Buddhism cities) :hrt: 
Leg 4: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa (Full leg focus in African urban cities and culture)
Leg 5: Melbourne, Australia (A Night leg infused with Melbourne culture such as Melbourne shuffle dance)
Leg 6: Alice Springs/Uluru, Australia (A fantastic Australian outback leg is overdue)
Leg 7: Dunedin/Invercargill/Mount Cook, New Zealand (A winter + snow leg in New Zealand is long overdue)
Leg 8: Sao Paulo, Brazil (An urban South America leg)

Leg 9: Manaus, Brazil (First ever Amazon leg in TAR US please)
Leg 10: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Hispanic Caribbean leg in TAR US please)
Leg 11: Montreal, Canada (Long overdue full Canadian leg in TAR US, infused more Quebec culture)
Leg 12: Seattle, WA (First North West finish since TAR13 in Portland, OR)

A TAR 7 style of route but this time without crossing the Atlantic Ocean generally. :luvya: 
TAR 25: The best season since TAR 17 & TAR 18.
TAR AS3 or UB2 Potential Contestant:
Adam & Bethany (25), Misti & Jim (25), Kym & Alli (25), Brooke & Robbie (25), Shelly & Nici (25)

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
I think the only problem with that route actually being picked up is that flying over the Pacific Ocean is pretty expensive, so doing it twice would probably be out of the question. Other than that, is very good!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! It's not dead anymore!!
The Amazing Race section: 90% Complete!!
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
First North West finish since TAR13 in Portland, OR

TAR 23? (on that topic I'd say have *either* Seattle (preceded by Vancouver/Victoria) or more likely Montreal (followed by Boston)

Aaaaaaaand a route without a theme unless the theme is 'paying lip service to WRP's budget and planning':

START - San Francisco, California ("we're running out of places in LA to start in...it's either San Fran or the Big Brother house")
Leg 1 - Havelock Island, Andaman, India ("but I mean India is cheap right?")
Leg 2 - Assam Province, India (see above)
Leg 3 - Mumbai, India (see above, also I feel like 3 legs in India can be done well since there are really three distinct areas being explored as opposed to a massage parlor and  swimming pool in Beijing - no T, no shade)
Leg 4 - Triglav National Park, Slovenia via Austria (so instead of having a crappy mountain leg in the same Swiss mountain range, how about a trip back to the Julian Alps?)
Leg 5 - Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina ("but I mean two legs in former Yugoslavia is cost effective right?")
Leg 6 - Porto, Portugal ("right like Portugal is one of the cheapest countries in Europe that has decent infrastructure so ya")
Leg 7 - Luanda, Angola ("Africa isn't expensive plus there are like, direct flights and everything so that a team isn't completely stranded yay")
Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :)")
Leg 9 - Katse, Lesotho ("It's like RIGHT THERE JEEZ")
Leg 10 - Iguazu Falls, Brazil ("hmm...we've had a leg here right? And there was a Brazilian edition there as well? AND the Latin one? The leg just wrote itself!")
Leg 11 - Sao Paulo, Brazil ("the Internet says there was a boring leg here, we can actually afford to do better here")
Leg 12 - Phoenix, Arizona ("didn't some old woman complain about wanting to go here a while ago? omg plus it's close enough to LA that we can be home in time for dinner yaaaaas")

Also Lord help us if the race *does* start in the BB house  (:;)

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Your listening skills are sub-par. *smile*

TAR 23? (on that topic I'd say have *either* Seattle (preceded by Vancouver/Victoria) or more likely Montreal (followed by Boston)

Aaaaaaaand a route without a theme unless the theme is 'paying lip service to WRP's budget and planning':

START - San Francisco, California ("we're running out of places in LA to start in...it's either San Fran or the Big Brother house")
Leg 3 - Mumbai, India (see above, also I feel like 3 legs in India can be done well since there are really three distinct areas being explored as opposed to a massage parlor and  swimming pool in Beijing - no T, no shade)
Leg 4 - Triglav National Park, Slovenia via Austria (so instead of having a crappy mountain leg in the same Swiss mountain range, how about a trip back to the Julian Alps?)
Leg 5 - Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina ("but I mean two legs in former Yugoslavia is cost effective right?")
Leg 6 - Porto, Portugal ("right like Portugal is one of the cheapest countries in Europe that has decent infrastructure so ya")
Leg 7 - Luanda, Angola ("Africa isn't expensive plus there are like, direct flights and everything so that a team isn't completely stranded yay")
Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :)")
Leg 10 - Iguazu Falls, Brazil ("hmm...we've had a leg here right? And there was a Brazilian edition there as well? AND the Latin one? The leg just wrote itself!")
Leg 11 - Sao Paulo, Brazil ("the Internet says there was a boring leg here, we can actually afford to do better here")
Leg 12 - Phoenix, Arizona ("didn't some old woman complain about wanting to go here a while ago? omg plus it's close enough to LA that we can be home in time for dinner yaaaaas")

I love the comments <3  :funny:
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member

I think the only problem with that route actually being picked up is that flying over the Pacific Ocean is pretty expensive, so doing it twice would probably be out of the question. Other than that, is very good!

Yeah. This is maybe a reason why we never see the a TAR7 style route again.

In that case I think this is how the route will it come from:

Leg 1: Seoul, South Korea (Korean Wave culture leg such as K Pop and Drama) :hearts:
Leg 2: Dunedin/Invercargill/Mount Cook, New Zealand (A winter + snow leg in New Zealand is long overdue)
Leg 3: Alice Springs/Uluru, Australia
(A fantastic Australian outback leg is overdue)
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia (A Night leg infused with Melbourne culture such as Melbourne shuffle dance)
Leg 5: Kathmandu, Nepal (Interesting Indian-ish leg with Nepali culture)
Leg 6: Lumbini, Nepal (Buddhism culture tribute leg in Buddhism cities) :hrt:
Leg 7: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa (Full leg focus in African urban cities and culture)

Leg 10: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Hispanic Caribbean leg in TAR US please)
Leg 11: Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver, Canada (Long overdue full Canadian leg in TAR US)
Leg 12: Boston/Detroit/Seattle (Self driving across the border to the final destination city and finish line) :hearts:  (Special thanks to Zack. for remember me a Canadian border leg with a US border leg in following leg)

P/S: The route seem like it still expensive due to the route have a South Korea leg (South Korea leg expenses = Japan leg expenses), 3 Aus/NZ legs, a South Africa legs (it's expensive to have a leg actually), a transatlantic flights to South America, a leg in Sao Paulo, and a leg in Canada. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:41:48 AM by naejae91 »
Adam & Bethany (25), Misti & Jim (25), Kym & Alli (25), Brooke & Robbie (25), Shelly & Nici (25)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member

Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :) ")

A race start in BB house was so hilarious.  :funny: Brenchel and Jordeff appearance on stating line please. :lol:

I do agree India is cheap, but don't forget Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives are cheap as well. :lol:
So, try not to make the India is overused. The Andaman Island leg can be replaced by going to Maldives while Assam province can be replaced by going to Nepal, and the Mumbai leg can be replaced by going to Chittagong, Bangladesh.

Technically it is still 3 legit "Indian" legs but India was not overused. :lol:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The route started out as a joke making fun of how the budget has impacted routes (triple India <3) but turned kinda serious lol.

Actual cheapish routing:

Leg 1 - Los Angeles, California to Mexico City, Mexico
Leg 2 - Teotihuacan, Mexico (or, more accurately, two legs around Mexico City lol)
Leg 3 - Waterloo, Belgium (yes, that one)
Leg 4 - Lake Balaton, Hungary
Leg 5 - Trieste, Italy
Leg 6 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Leg 7 - Axum, Ethiopia
Leg 8 - Nevsehir, Turkey (Cappadocia leg whee!)
Leg 9 - Sylhet, Bangladesh
Leg 10 - Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Leg 11 - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Leg 12 - Los Angeles, California (when was the last time we made a full lap around the world?)

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Still In Love With You~
Angola is apparently really expensive for an African country though :(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Just my world :)
Leg 1 : New York City, NY to Glasgow, Scotland
Leg 2 : Glasgow to Dunblane, Scotland
Leg 3 : Dunblane to San Sebastian, Spain
Leg 4 : San Sebastian to Cairo, Egypt.
Leg 5 : Cairo, Egypt.
Leg 6 : Cairo to Doha, Qatar
Leg 7 : Doha to New Delhi, India
Leg 8 : New Delhi, India
Leg 9 : New Delhi to Perth, Australia
Leg 10 : Perth to San Josť, Costa Rica
Leg 11 : San Josť to Alajuela, Costa Rica
Leg 12 : Alajuela to Miami, Florida.
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member
Angola is apparently really expensive for an African country though :(

Offline Area51

• RFF Newbie
I like most everything the way it is but I would like them to stop giving second chances to losers just because for ratings they want to keep them on another week.  Sometimes they make it for another couple weeks but they are usually gone soon after they came in last once and were given a second chance.  "Fortunately, this not an elimination round."  Yeah, right!!!

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
I like most everything the way it is but I would like them to stop giving second chances to losers just because for ratings they want to keep them on another week.  Sometimes they make it for another couple weeks but they are usually gone soon after they came in last once and were given a second chance.  "Fortunately, this not an elimination round."  Yeah, right!!!

Non-Elimination legs are decided in advance before the cast is even finalized. Producers are bound not to change them at any point, hence the title of pre-determined non-elimination legs. Sometimes this inability to change them causes major problems for the producers, but they stick with it (Nick & Vicki, James & Abba)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :) ")

A race start in BB house was so hilarious.  :funny: Brenchel and Jordeff appearance on stating line please. :lol:

I do agree India is cheap, but don't forget Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives are cheap as well. :lol:
So, try not to make the India is overused. The Andaman Island leg can be replaced by going to Maldives while Assam province can be replaced by going to Nepal, and the Mumbai leg can be replaced by going to Chittagong, Bangladesh.

Technically it is still 3 legit "Indian" legs but India was not overused. :lol:

Also how the heck do you fly commercially to the Andamans?

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
They can perform a Roadblock with the indigenous tribe that has had no human contact!  :funny:

Online TARloveit

• RFF Full Member
  • Jenny <3
They can perform a Roadblock with the indigenous tribe that has had no human contact!  :funny:
Best idea ever.
-Blair & Hayley or Jelani & Jenny must win
-DBL III - Steffanie & Karina; TAR21 - Caitlin & Brittany

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member

Best idea ever.

This  :lol:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member

Leg 2: Dunedin/Invercargill/Mount Cook, New Zealand (A winter + snow leg in New Zealand is long overdue)
Leg 3: Alice Springs/Uluru, Australia (A fantastic Australian outback leg is overdue)
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia (A Night leg infused with Melbourne culture such as Melbourne shuffle dance)
Leg 5: Kathmandu, Nepal (Interesting Indian-ish leg with Nepali culture)
Leg 6: Lumbini, Nepal (Buddhism culture tribute leg in Buddhism cities) :hrt:
Leg 7: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa (Full leg focus in African urban cities and culture)

Leg 11: Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver, Canada (Long overdue full Canadian leg in TAR US)
Leg 12: Boston/Detroit/Seattle (Self driving across the border to the final destination city and finish line) :hearts:  (Special thanks to Zack. for remember me a Canadian border leg with a US border leg in following leg)

P/S: The route seem like it still expensive due to the route have a South Korea leg (South Korea leg expenses = Japan leg expenses), 3 Aus/NZ legs, a South Africa legs (it's expensive to have a leg actually), a transatlantic flights to South America, a leg in Sao Paulo, and a leg in Canada. :lol:

BUMP with some modification and change it to eastward route.

Best period: Broadcast for fall season (Filming start on Early/Mid June)

Staring Line: Los Angeles, USA
Leg 1: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic OR San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
Leg 2: Manaus, Brazil
Leg 3: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leg 4: Helsinki, Finland
Leg 5: Johannesburg, South Africa
Leg 6: Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 7: Lumbini, Nepal
Leg 8: Melbourne, Australia
Leg 9: Alice Springs, Australia
Leg 10: Dunedin/Invercargill, New Zealand
Leg 11: Seoul, South Korea
Leg 12: Chicago/Seattle, USA
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:25:53 PM by naejae91 »

Custom Search