Author Topic: TAR 24: Joseph ''Joey'' Graceffa & Meghan Caramena (TAR 22) "YouTube Hosts"  (Read 24489 times)

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
My highlight of the episode : Meghan helps John when she knew they were two last teams #FriendsForever <33

LOVED that. Meghan is coming into her own on this one and Joey making the side remark on the country girls "They can't do anything on their own..." haha there's that fierceness! I think if the next leg can get them and John/Jess out of the back, they'll be a forceful alliance to reckon with.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

TARP_Lover

They are actually LIKABLE this time around :o

That probably has something to do with Joey being toned down I guess.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Meghan was recently on internet morning show, Good Mythical Morning with Rhett & Link where they ate things that scientifically are berries and talk a little bit of TARAS2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyIGX3P1T0
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:42:30 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
My highlight of the episode : Meghan helps John when she knew they were two last teams #FriendsForever <33

LOVED that. Meghan is coming into her own on this one and Joey making the side remark on the country girls "They can't do anything on their own..." haha there's that fierceness! I think if the next leg can get them and John/Jess out of the back, they'll be a forceful alliance to reckon with.

:conf: :hearts:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster

:conf: :hearts:
Totally agree.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
FROM TVGUIDE.COM:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Joey-Meghan-1079073.aspx

Amazing Race's Joey and Meghan: We Don't Regret Letting Taxi Go

Mar 10, 2014 02:22 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

Malaysian rapids wreaked havoc on teams' rafts on The Amazing Race All-Stars Sunday, but it was another form of transportation — or lack thereof — that doomed Joey and Meghan. The YouTube hosts made the mistake of not holding their taxi while they did the Roadblock and were forced to trudge down a highway to ask for help. "We have no idea how long it took, but it was a while," Meghan tells TVGuide.com. "We knew we were last and were leaving unless it was a non-elimination leg."

Nevertheless, the two say they have no regrets about letting their taxi go — because they wanted to get rid of it in the first place. See what else they have to say about their snafu and why they think the Race wanted them out.

Do you know how far behind you were?
Meghan:
We don't. But we were on the river with Rachel and Brendon at one point. We were a little surprised to see them there. I guess we weren't too far behind from them, but I don't know about the check-in times.

You guys seemed resigned to being last after the taxi fiasco.
Joey:
Yeah, we accepted it immediately. When we saw our cab was gone and the guy said there were no taxis that came down the road, we were like, "Alright! It's over. Let's just finish the rest of the leg."

Why did you let it go?
Joey:
It's actually funny because at the airport, we were like, "Oh, I bet we'll be able to catch up to the first flight. The location is probably super far and we'll have to hold our taxis." Then we started thinking about other possibilities of what could happen and came up with the idea that we were going to a bus station after the waterfall and we were going to take a bus to some monkey place. [Laughs] We totally disregarded the fact that we would have a taxi. That was something all the teams were talking about at the airport. That kind of screwed our minds, assuming what was going to happen.
Meghan: We had said, "Let's make sure we hold our taxi." I don't even know what we were thinking. We were like legit in the middle of nowhere. It took forever for us to get a taxi.

You actually told him to leave, right? He didn't drive off when you wanted him to stay?
Joey: Yeah. And he was a bad taxi driver anyway.
Meghan: Oh yeah, we wanted to get rid of him. That's the other thing.
Joey: Our car was breaking down. We thought we were going to get stuck going up the hill. He was not good at all. We didn't think about getting a taxi afterwards.
Meghan: We left for the location the same time as Brendon and Rachel and John and Jessica, but we got there super later than them because this car was awful. He made us 10 minutes later, which is a lot in Race time, especially when you're the last three teams. And the Roadblock wasn't hard at all. So, we didn't want him anymore. We probably would've come in last had we kept that taxi.

You really think so?
Meghan:
It depends, I guess, if he could've gotten us to the rafting fast. But our raft held up great on the river, so I think we could've maybe beaten Brendon and Rachel. Watching everyone last night, we would've had a great opportunity if we were able to get there. A lot of people had so much trouble with their rafts.

I felt like someone was going to die.
Meghan:
Yeah! That was really dramatic! Ours wasn't as bad. Joey and I were watching and were like, "What happened?" We got stuck on the rocks a few times, but it wasn't anything like Leo and Jamal or Brendon and Rachel. It was actually a really fun ride.

There's not a lot of self-driving anymore on the show. I know it's hard logistically, but do you think it would've helped had you guys had to do that this leg?
Meghan:
Going to the second location to build the raft, it was really far from the waterfall. If they had let us drive, I think more people would've gotten lost.

But you could've caught up.
Meghan:
No, we would've ended up in Africa! [Laughs]
Joey: We're bad navigators!
Meghan: Yeah, it's probably good that we didn't have to drive here.

Do you regret letting your taxi go even though you say you had wanted to?
Joey:
No. I feel like if we had kept our taxi, obviously that would've been the right call in retrospect, but at the moment you don't know that there would be no taxis. There have been so many teams who've ditched their bad taxi and gotten a better one after. No amount of training was really going to help us. It was just a matter of luck.
Meghan: You can't regret something like this. It just happened. We trained really hard. We thought we were prepared. It wasn't the same Race we ran last time. Things were very, very different.

Did you feel pressure to prove yourself here? You were middle of the pack in Season 22 and never won a leg and you were in the back the first three legs this time.
Joey:
Well, you always want to do well. But it's so crazy because this time around there hasn't yet been an equalizer. Where you started on the leg was where you were going to end. Legs were really short, to be honest. They were really easy this time around and no one was making mistakes. It was really hard to pass anyone, so where you started was where you were going to end, which was kind of frustrating. But we had to deal with it and were trying to keep our cool.
Meghan: We figured there would be an equalizer. After watching the Race for this long, there hasn't yet been like a three-hour wait for everyone on the same flight or like an eight-hour wait for some place to open. It just seemed like they wanted one of those three teams on the second flight to get out. Seriously, there wasn't going to be a chance for any of the three of us to pull ahead of the first flight. It was kind of ridiculous. We had come to terms with that, like, "OK. Guess this is the way the Race is gonna be this time."

Did you find having three other teams from your season on this season help at all?
Meghan:
We weren't ever going to say we were in an alliance, but we're good friends with John and Jessica after our season. We've hung out with them. Going into All-Stars, we did want to help each other whenever we could. The Race was so much fun to run with them. It picked up right where we left off last time in Bali. It was really cool to have that experience with them again even though our journey was short.

What are you up to now?
Meghan:
We are working hard. We are working on our YouTube channel. I just released an EP.
Joey: We're working on a web series together, which is a live-action animated series. It's probably going to come out in the next few months. I'm also working on Season 2 of my web series Storytellers.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Love you guys! :<3

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Same here. I will miss them <3

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Such a bummer! They raced with the right attitude, and totally agreed - what the heck, where was the equalizer? Stoked to see where they go in life from here and TAR would be wise to give them a shot at Unfinished Bizz 2.0 ;)
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
I like joey/meghan..but after reading this article not so much....they seem too CARELESS, like...how can u say "NO" if are ask to race AGAIN for a third time? And the way they replied the questions....ewww, i never felt so much coldness coming from a team!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1002085/
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Tbh, I am neutral towards them the first time round but I always liked them as a team. They're positive, cute and always supportive. :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1002085/

Elimination Interview: Joey and Meghan

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 05:05pm

Read what Joey and Meghan said about their time in the game and if they have any regrets!

What could you guys have done differently in order to stay in the game?
Got a better flight or a non elim! :p

What do you miss most about the Race?
I'll miss the adventure.

What made you want to dismiss your taxi in such a remote area?
The taxi almost broke down several times on the way to the waterfalls. Even if we kept it we still would've came in last because of how slow it was.

Who are you rooting for to win now?
John & Jessica and Brenchel!

Would you go back for another season?
No.

What was your first thought when you found out you were eliminated?
Honest, first thought was "what a waste of time" but after that I realized it was out of our control and I was grateful for the opportunity. We made some great new friendships and got to bring our fans on one last TAR journey!

What was the main disadvantage you had?
Being on the 2nd flight with only 3 teams. It was a ridiculous disadvantage.

Which leg was the most fun for you?
The 3rd and final leg was the best. The challenges were so much fun!

What is the one thing you regret in this race?
No regrets.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Surprised they'd say no to returning - maybe they mean more-so as a duo. I could easily see Meghan being on a hybrid ladies team. Still, looking forward to other Joey/Meghan adventures now that I follow them on twitter and will check their web series out :D
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TBH, I would be very very pissed if I was them. Considering how the flights were determined in Leg 3, they were screwed from the start. I'm just saying, I get screwed by being three hours behind just because I checked in technically last on the previous leg, I wouldn't exactly be hurrying to go back on the Race again.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is an exclusive exit interview they (mostly Meghan) did on Meghan's website.

http://strawburry17.com/amazing-race-exit-interview-with-meghan-camarena/

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TBH, I would be very very pissed if I was them. Considering how the flights were determined in Leg 3, they were screwed from the start. I'm just saying, I get screwed by being three hours behind just because I checked in technically last on the previous leg, I wouldn't exactly be hurrying to go back on the Race again.

Well TBH it was their own fault, had they raced better in legs 1 and 2, they wouldn't have been so far behind, plus they probably could have survived had they not made the mistake with the taxi considering how bad Brenchel did with the rafting, so they cannot blame it solely on the fact that production wanted split flights or there wasn't enough room to bunch them. Yes it can be very upsetting, but that's why fans should always know that it is never good to be towards the bottom as this is what can happen.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Joey & Meghan were one of my favorite teams in S22, but they seem really ... bitter (???) about getting eliminated early. I mean last time they had recap episodes each week, and now they could barely even mention it in their videos. It could just mean they're very busy, but they maintained a very cold attitude towards the Race if you asked me.  :(
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Wow what a bitter interview. Really surprised.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I get the sense Joey is the bitter one here. The interview on Meghan's website sounds light-hearted and honestly thankful for the chance to race again. She stated Joey was the one to ask her to compete with him, so I think Joey is the more competitive of the two, and therefore had much more riding on the race in his mind.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/interview-joey-meghan-talk-amazing-race-all-stars

Another interview.

Joey & Meghan talk 'Amazing Race: All-Stars'Team YouTube feels like the deck was stacked against them
  By         Daniel Fienberg        Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 11:00 PM                   

So far, this “Amazing Race: All-Stars” season has frustrated me a bit. I didn’t love the huge gap between the first and second flights in the premiere, nor that we had an entire episode determined by wandering around looking for wedding dresses. I also didn’t love that this past week’s episode saw six teams get an insurmountable three-hour advantage based only on taxi-based luck, leaving the remaining three teams with a no-margin-for-error window to avoid elimination.
Not surprisingly, as frustrated as I’ve been, Joey Graceffa & Meghan Camarena  are even more disappointed. Team YouTube spent finished in next-to-last in the first Leg and, with very little room for advancement, started the next two Legs in last. Unable to get on that first flight out of China, there were left running against John & Jessica and Brendon & Rachel.
Last Sunday’s Leg came down to a simple mistake: At a Roadblock, Joey & Meghan forgot to tell their cab driver to wait. The other teams remembered. That left the competition free to rush along, while Joey & Meghan fell behind waiting for a replacement.
Unlike their first season, which saw them both get emotional as they dodged elimination, Phil Keoghan sent a largely unmoved Joey & Megan home without tears.
Joey & Meghan may not have been outwardly disappointed when they were eliminated, but they definitely sound disappointed about the way the season went down in their exit interview. In our conversation, they talk about their annoyance at the structure of this season so far and what they’d hoped for from an “All-Stars” season.

HitFix: I guess first of all what has been the reaction to you guys this morning? What sort of comments have you been hearing on the Internet and whatnot?
Joey: Well, first when we got eliminated there was a lot of “Noooo!”
Meghan: Getting a lot of sad Tweets.

HitFix: Last night, of course, you guys left the waterfall and Joey we saw you mention the Switzerland experience in the interview. How quickly did that experience come to your mind when you were actually out there?
Joey: Like immediately, we were like “Oh sweet. Another one of these situations.”
Meghan: It was a different attitude.
Joey: Yeah. And instead of going uphill we were going downhill. And it was a lot warmer.
Meghan: Yeah. And I wasn't crying so I mean... Yeah.

HitFix: Do you have any clue of sort of how much time actually was passing out there as all this was happening? It's really always hard to tell on the television and I know it's hard for you guys to tell when you're out there as well.
Meghan: We were on the river the same time Brendan and Rachel were struggling, but we don't really know how far behind we were from them.
Joey: Maybe like 40 minutes-to-an-hour.
Meghan: Yeah.

HitFix: It struck me that unlike the Switzerland experience as you guys talked about, you guys were very upbeat this time as you waited for the cab and as you walked, even though you presumably knew that this could be trouble. How hard was it to sort of keep upbeat and positive in that moment?
Joey: Well, honestly this time around on the Race it was a lot different. Like it really felt like everything was kind of against us and we didn't actually have a chance to catch up to the other teams. So we just had to deal with it and expected it really fast the fact like there was nothing we could do, so why worry about something you can't control? Just like enjoy the time you have in this country and make the best of it.
Meghan: Yeah. It seemed like with that huge of a lead between the other teams and like the three teams that were like Brandon & Rachel and John & Jessica, it seemed like they wanted one of us to get out and there was nothing we could do about it. And we had gotten a bad taxi so we already had come to terms. We're like, “Hopefully there's a Non-Elim, but if there isn't this is a second chance to have an adventure.” And like Joey said we wanted to just have fun.

HitFix: Well okay Joey, you said everything was sort of working against you this time. What else were you feeling was sort of working against you?
Joey: Well, we thought it was a little ridiculous that six teams got a three-hour lead from us. Normally it's the other way around like three teams will get a six-hour lead. What’s the fun in watching a show where you know who the Bottom 3 are? That's not very exciting, in my opinion.
Meghan: No. It had never been like that. After all these years of watching the Race like why would you do that so early on? It makes no sense and then we got it right away. We're like, “Okay they want one of us to go home.” So it was just kind of sort of weird to be honest.                         
HitFix: I thought it was sort of weird as well that it was that big of gap, but it seemed as if the three teams that were sort of last at the airport that you guys at least sort of bonded over this misery. What was that sort of like knowing that you guys were going to be that far behind?
Joey: I don't know, we were all really frustrated. We were all like complaining to each other of how unfair it was. So all of us just were from L.A. and we all just like bonded and just like talked and we were just like, “This is stupid. Like let's just have fun and let's not be like super-cutthroat competitive to each other because there's like no point.” I don't know.
Meghan: Yeah. It was weird because in the first Leg when we went to China and just like look for wedding dress drop and then did flips for a little bit?That was so weird like that's the first Leg? And then the second leg we were in China again so we were kind of just really thrown off by “All-Stars.” I think we were expecting it to be a lot harder than it was, physically, but it was this... I don't know man, it was weird.

HitFix: What you guys are saying I definitely agree with. Had you guys prepared differently for this time? Were you prepared for what Meghan just said for it being harder physically or whatever?
Joey: Yeah. We had been training. I was like seeing a trainer five days a week; Meghan was too. And physically we were all ready and just like expecting to have like the craziest happiest time of our lives. And I don't know, we were a little thrown off that it was a lot easier than we expected.
Meghan: I was seeing a trainer five times a week and Joey and I had been doing, we did like a scavenger hunt-type-thing together with a compass and I was driving around without using my GPS so that I could get better at navigating. We were doing all sorts of things like puzzles and stuff together. I felt like we were just prepared as we could have been. It was just luck. You can't prepare yourself for luck. And normally I have pretty good luck, but like I said this time it was different. It was weird.

HitFix: Well, you guys had also been sort of right on the edge of elimination in both of the first two Legs as well. How had you felt about your performance to this point and was it just what you guys have been talking about, that it was sort of weird challenges and maybe not what you'd been expecting?
Joey: It was kind of a thing where based off of that very first challenge when we started getting on our flight, finding those people in the marching band, it was basically where you were going to stay for the rest of the Race. Because the challenges weren't hard enough that people were going to get stuck behind in. So no one was making mistakes and basically where you started was where you were going to end and it carried on with the Legs. And finally in the third Leg when it got to like “Oh, if you're the first six teams to the airport you make it on the first flight, which has a three-hour lead,” so obviously the first six teams to leave — besides Brendon & Rachel, I don't know how that happened --  were going to be on that first flight. So it was very predictable and just like frustrating.
Meghan: Yeah.

HitFix: I know that in your first season you guys hadn't always had such a good relationship with all the other teams. When you saw who was racing with you and how many teams there were from Season 22 this season, what was your reaction?
Joey: We were actually excited. None of the teams that we didn't like were back so it was different. All the teams didn't care and were just like running. They weren't so socially like...
Meghan: It was so different from our season because with our season it felt like high school. Everyone was so immature and ridiculous in terms of... we made an alliance with John & Jessica and the moms and all the other teams got so hurt and offended that they treated us like crap, the whole rest of the trip, wanting us to get out versus, you know, some professional hockey players. And we kind of expected something similar. We're like “Wow, this is how ‘The Amazing Race’ is.” But this time around no one cared. It was just our particular season that was full of a bunch of crazies. But everyone was so nice. No one was cutthroat. Everyone was just cool.

HitFix: Who was it particularly fun for you guys to get to race with this time around?
Meghan: John and Jessica for sure. They're our really good friends. It was like we picked up right where we had left off back in Bali and we were racing with them again. It was just so much fun. We love those guys.

HitFix: And last week there was the very good moment where all of the teams waited at the mat to see Mark & Mallory and to sort of see them off. What was that moment like from your side of the mat and sort of being there for that team in that moment?
Meghan: That was really sad.
Joey: Yeah, it definitely was. I actually, when we were running to the mat, I didn't realize that they were still behind us so I thought that we were being eliminated. So there was definitely like “Oh phew.”
Meghan: Yeah. But seeing them go we were both, I don't think it showed us on camera, but we were both crying. It was so freaking sad.

HitFix: And was that the only time that you guys cried this time or were there other times we didn't see?
Meghan: No.
Joey: We cried at the beginning when Bopper was unable to continue on. That was really sad.

HitFix: There was a lot of crying in your first season and this time it seemed like there was less.
Meghan: Whoa, whoa guy. There wasn't a lot of crying, okay? I cried in Switzerland.
Joey: There was no crying this time around for ourselves, it was mostly just other people. Like when we got eliminated for some reason it didn't really affect me and I was just like, “Oh, okay. Bye.” I don't know, I was already checked out. I was like, I don't know.
Meghan: Seriously, when we got eliminated I was so mad and then I look at Joey and he was just already,yeah, it was already over for him so I was like, “Well if he doesn't care then I don't care.

HitFix: Well, tell me a bit more sort of about that as a reaction and sort of how that makes you feel about this short “Amazing Race” time that you guys didn't get as emotional when you were eliminated and sent home.
Joey: I don't know, I just felt like I was frustrated throughout the race. I just feel like we didn't really have an opportunity, so I just learned to accepted it and get over it real fast. So I wasn't very emotional. I was just like, “Oh, I can't really control it so…”
Meghan: Yeah. When things are out of your control it's a little bit easier to accept because it's not like, “Oh I could have done this better. I should've done that better.” It was really just like, “Wow this is how it is this time. They don't want certain people to get ahead and that's just how it's going to be.” It was easier to just kind of enjoy ourselves and be like, “Alright. We're doing our best, but that really doesn't matter.”

HitFix: And we saw a lot of sort of adventures of teams going down the river with their rafts and all that. But because of where you guys were we didn't see much. Did anything exciting, dangerous, amusing happen to you guys as you were rafting?
Joey: No. We really enjoyed our time going down the river. It was a nice. It was cool it started raining and it just felt like we on like a little adventure. Like it was long, by the way. It seemed like we went down the river fast, the river, the whole trip was probably an hour-and-a-half.
Meghan: Yeah, it was really long. I cut my finger when I was making the bamboo raft. They didn't tell us it was like super-sharp and I like almost sliced my finger off. It cut super deep down to the bone and that was really painful. And then my finger got stuck in between two bamboo sticks when we had to wrap it. It was the same one that got cut. It was bad news. But other then that it was really cool. Like Joey, it was so crazy how people were falling off their raft. When we were doing it that didn't happen. I don't know if we were on a different river or what.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:00:31 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Meghan: Yeah. It was weird because in the first Leg when we went to China and just like look for wedding dress drop and then did flips for a little bit?That was so weird like that's the first Leg? And then the second leg we were in China again so we were kind of just really thrown off by “All-Stars.” I think we were expecting it to be a lot harder than it was, physically, but it was this... I don't know man, it was weird.

#TRUESTORY

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster

#TRUESTORY

Right?!? Seriously, what kind of an all-stars season is this? It's a joke, and the all-male teams are cruising in the top five. There has been no real shuffles other than Brenchel's China cab just going into traffic. I think they have a right to be bitter due to the poor layout of the legs so far. Here's hoping we see things pick up and get more challenging/even so this season doesn't go down the drain completely.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
All Stars or not they should be over the moon to get not one, but TWO chances to run the race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
More like Joey. Meghan is <3 :funny:

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
I understand why they're bitter. I would be too.