Author Topic: TAR 24: Natalie Anderson & Nadiya Anderson (TAR 21) "Twins"  (Read 24042 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 24: Natalie Anderson & Nadiya Anderson (TAR 21) "Twins"
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:38 AM »
Natalie Anderson and Nadiya Anderson

Name: Natalie Anderson
Hometown: Edgewater, N.J.
Previous Season: Season 21
Current occupation: Student
Describe what you do: I am in school to become an athletic trainer and Crossfit.
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not double checking the pit stop location in France which caused our elimination.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: Coming in first place the second leg and winning the Express Pass.
Favorite place you visited on your first season: Bangladesh, because Nadiya and I raced really well and kicked butt those two legs.
Why do you want to run the Race again? To win and have a fun time!
How have you changed since the last time you competed? Not much has changed.
What are you passionate about? Travel, Crossfit and family.
People would be surprised to learn: We are still very close to most of the racers from season 21, especially Trey, Lexi and Jaymes.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Staying calm and not getting too excited/crazy.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She screams a lot and never listens to me.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to visit Hawaii because I love the beach and ocean. It would be awesome to compete in some water/beach challenge and who wouldn’t want to race in a warm, hot, sunny climate.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Having a great time with my twin sister, see some cool new countries and meet more awesome people.
Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We raced well the first season so I don’t think we should change much but we want to remain focused and calm. When it comes to challenges and physical tasks, we have no issues. We need to focus on making smart racing decisions and working well as a team.

Name: Nadiya Anderson
Hometown: Edgewater, N.J.
Previous Season: Season 21
Current occupation: Planning/getting ready to open up the first Crossfit Box in Sri Lanka
Describe what you do: Travel, Crossfit, just trying to be a bad ass every day.
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Getting to the driving part in Spain and choking on driving stick shift.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: Meeting/ getting to race with people who have become lifelong friends and family.
Favorite place you visited on your first season: Bangladesh, we fit right in and kicked butt!
Why do you want to run the Race again? To win, because we know we can win.
How have you changed since the last time you competed? No, still a bad ass.
What are you passionate about? Traveling, Crossfit, my twinny and my family.
People would be surprised to learn: My favorite song ever is 'Chicken Fried' by The Zac Brown Band
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Staying calm, cool and collected, which is pretty much impossible.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Natalie screams and yells for no reason which only makes everything a hot mess.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Jamaica. Natalie and I are Island Girls at heart and we are happiest by the beach.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Having fun with my twinny and making more great memories!
Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Take the time to read directions, follow directions and try and go in the right direction.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:49:31 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24: Natalie Anderson & Nadiya Anderson (TAR 21) "Twins"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IPdEcWCsFsg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IPdEcWCsFsg</a>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:24:12 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6ruqyM-KEA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h6ruqyM-KEA</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »
LOVEEEE. Definitely on the love side for the Twinies in TAR24. They've got some stiff competition - I'm avoiding all spoiler threads completely, so here's hoping they kick some butt.

I don't see them making a decent alliance this time around though...maaaaaybe Leo and Jamal, just because both teams love being loud? I for one, love their passion, I'd be screaming my head off every chance I got if I was on the race.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
I am totally on team twinnie, they ran a good race last time and i hope they can pull it together this time. Their also hilarious and fun to watch. Love the twinnies

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »
Twinniegoddesses <3 Only one of three/four rootable teams.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:46 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhfADtZ2cDo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nhfADtZ2cDo</a>

Refresher of their goddessness.

TARP_Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 05:17:17 AM »
Twinnies <3

I absolutely loved them on Season 21 and I can't wait for them to come back!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:49:50 AM »
Twinnies <3

Now I can finally tell them apart <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
THE REAL STARS OF TAR 24. SHINE ON TWINNIES.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »
Love the way that when one of them talks, the other one completes the sentence with the same exact words the first one is using. They are totally synced. <3333333

Twinnie lololove <3

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »
The team I was definitely most excited for :))

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 06:57:40 PM »
Twinnies were kinda annoying in TAR21, but I'm willing to give them a chance this season partly because they're from my neck of the woods (which is how I got into Amazing Race to begin with (Joey & Danny - Season 20....they were from Long Island, NY(gotta show some support to the teams from the New York/New Jersey area being that I'm from that part of the US))) and the fact that I can FINALLY tell them apart!
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »
Describe what you do: Travel, Crossfit, just trying to be a bad ass every day.
How have you changed since the last time you competed? No, still a bad ass.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She screams a lot and never listens to me.

<3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »
sigh. I was gonna support and root for them this season because they're truly Allstars worthy.. and then this had to happen.

TARP_Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 04:05:54 AM »
TWINNIES :torche

The only true All Stars of this cast :/

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 04:28:25 AM »
Twinnies for All-Stars 3 pls <3
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 07:55:57 AM »
OMG Twinnies :torche
Their intro shot though <3

*goes back crying in the corner* :'(

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 08:25:26 AM »
I'm gonna miss them, they are fun to watch :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 10:51:28 AM »
Twinnies being twinnies in episode 1 <3

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 07:59:14 PM »
Twinnies vs. Afghanimals would have been an awesome rivalry, but I guess the race can only handle one loud team.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »

Credit to Kandace, best intro shot ever <3

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 09:54:38 PM »
Twinnies vs. Afghanimals would have been an awesome rivalry, but I guess the race can only handle one loud team.

I was looking forward to more "clashes" between these 2 teams but it was not to be.  :crazy:

Why didn't they ask around like the other teams? They're definitely not rookies anymore!  blahblah

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 12:59:24 AM »

Amazing Race's Natalie and Nadiya: "We Were Just a Hot Mess"

By TV Guide
   Posted Feb. 24, 2014 @ 8:00 pm

Natalie and Nadiya nearly made the final three on The Amazing Race 21, but they came nowhere near as close on All-Stars. The twins became the first team eliminated Sunday after they self-destructed searching for a bridal shop in China and second-guessed their decision to enter an even-numbered ferris wheel booth, which contained their next clue.

"It was just terrible," Natalie tells TVGuide.com. "We were out of control, we had bad luck. It was not our day at all." Ironically, it was their previous performance on Season 21 that played a part in their downfall, they believe.
 You guys seemed to be resigned that you would get eliminated. When did you realize you were last?Natalie: Once we were in China, we just had very bad luck with the clue situation and after that, the leg was just so linear that there was no chance for us to make up time. Me and Nadiya kind of sensed it was coming to an end when we finally got the dress shop clue. We were hoping and banking on there being a really tough challenge, something intense that would allow for [placement changes] but once we realized that wasn't coming, we knew it was over.
Do you know how far behind Joey and Meghan you were?
Nadiya: We saw them at the bubble tower, and they saw us. We didn't realize the whole even-and-odd numbers situation, but they were gone before we got off the tower, and that thing took like 10 minutes to go around. We saw them again at the Roadblock. But nobody messed up on that, so we knew when they left there, we were last.
You guys were your own worst enemies. You were right in front of the bridal shop and didn't go in, and you were about to go into one of the even bubbles and backed out at the last second.
Nadiya: Exactly! We were just a hot mess the whole leg. I think the Afghanimals and us together was just too much energy. None of us are calm. Sometimes it's nice to work with a team that is more calm and levelheaded, whereas the four of us were just out of control. From there, it was a downward spiral.
Natalie: Also, Nadiya and I were not used to being in the back of the pack. Not having been in the back on our first Race, it was really different racing from behind and having everything on the line. We were never racing not to get eliminated last time and that was different here. We started off racing for first place, but it ended up becoming a "we can't come in last" situation. It put us out of our comfort zone and we didn't deal with it well, so one thing unraveled after another.
You were in a constant panic mode. Did you try to take a breath and calm down?
Nadiya: I think we tried to do that, but it obviously didn't work. [Laughs] I was trying to calm down and re-strategize. It seems like a good idea, but it never happened for us like that. We always get more excited and more out of control.
Natalie: It's also weird when you're working with another team. The decision to leave the team is sometimes scary to do. We thought about leaving the Afghanimals, but we ended up deciding to stay. If we had followed them when they left, we would've gotten lucky with them finding the shop.
Nadiya: The big game-changer was that people were allowed to lead you to the dress shop. It's usually they could give you directions, but they couldn't lead you there. We got a bunch of idiots that led us to the wrong places. And any team, whether they're good at navigation or not, if they found the right person to find the right spot, that's all luck. The people that we had were just idiots. The other teams got better people. I feel like it would've been completely different if people weren't allowed to usher us to these stores.
Do you think you would've had a chance if you went in the No. 2 bubble like you were going to?Nadiya: You never know. Obviously it would've been a better situation for us to be in. We would've been right after Joey and Meghan instead of waiting another 10 minutes, but like Natalie said, we had no opportunity to make up time. Literally the stadium was right below the bubbles. Nobody went to the wrong arena. Everybody went straight there, everybody did the Roadblock on the first try. It was very basic.
Is it harder getting eliminated first or in fourth place?
Nadiya: It's just as bittersweet as making it to fourth place. We came so close to the final that was in our hometown. We could smell the victory last time. This is on the other end of the spectrum. It sucks we didn't even get to race, but it's like we didn't even get close to the $1 million.
Natalie: Just the fact that we couldn't race is disappointing. Even though we get a little crazy sometimes - and yes, this episode, we were very hotheaded and fighting with each other - we had such a fun time racing.
How bummed are you that you missed out on going to Sri Lanka this season?
Nadiya: I'm just pretending that maybe they decided to go to Sri Lanka once we were kicked out. [Laughs]Natalie: We're looking at it like, you know, we've already been to Sri Lanka. We grew up there. We don't need to go back there with Amazing Race!
What are you up to now?
Natalie: Back in school. Nadiya and I are actually planning to go back to Sri Lanka at the end of the summer to start a CrossFit there. We've been doing CrossFit here for about two and a half years. People talk sh-- about us, but you can't deny that when it came to challenges, we could hang with the guys, and that was because of CrossFit. We started doing that to train for the Race. It would've been amazing to have the extra $1 million for the business plan. [Laughs]

Read more: http://www.sooeveningnews.com/article/20140224/NEWS/302249958/1019/ENTERTAINMENTLIFE#ixzz2uJXaW5bP
RFF's Golden Rule: