Author Topic: CBS announces TAR and Survivor Premiere Dates!  (Read 8277 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CBS announces TAR and Survivor Premiere Dates!
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:59:38 AM »

CBS ANNOUNCES FEBRUARY PREMIERE DATES FOR "THE AMAZING RACE" AND "SURVIVOR"

11 All-Star Teams Return For Another Chance at $1 Million On "The Amazing Race" Beginning Sunday, Feb. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM

It's Brawn Vs. Brains Vs. Beauty in a Special Two-Hour Season Premiere of "Survivor," Wednesday, Feb. 26, 8:00-10:00 PM

Eleven former teams return for another sprint around the globe on a special All-Star themed edition of THE AMAZING RACE, while brains, brawn and beauty face off in SURVIVOR, as both Emmy Award-winning series return this February.

THE AMAZING RACE, featuring 11 returning fan favorite teams in pursuit of the $1 million prize, premieres Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).   

Hosted by Phil Keoghan, THE AMAZING RACE averaged 10.03 million viewers in its fall edition. THE AMAZING RACE is a nine-time Emmy Award winner for "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program."

The 28th edition of SURVIVOR, the longest-running reality competition series, hosted by Jeff Probst, will have a special two-hour premiere on Wednesday, Feb. 26 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), marking the first two-hour launch since “Heroes vs. Villains” on Feb. 11, 2010.  This season, castaways will be separated into three distinct tribes—brawn, brains and beauty. 

Recently renewed for two editions next season, SURVIVOR is coming off one of its most buzzed-about seasons.  The fall edition of SURVIVOR won its Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM) time period in all key ratings measures, averaging 11.58 million viewers, 3.2/10 in adults 18-49 and 4.2/11 in adults 25-54 and ranked as the #2 reality series on broadcast television in adults 18-49.

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions.   Phil Keoghan hosts. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri. 

SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are executive producers.

CBS Sunday, Feb. 23

7:00-8:00 PM     60 MINUTES

8:00-9:00 PM     THE AMAZING RACE (Spring premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM   THE GOOD WIFE (R)

10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST (R)

CBS Wednesday, Feb. 26

8:00-10:00 PM   SURVIVOR (Spring premiere)

10:00-11:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
TAR 24 Premiere Date Announced
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:38 AM »
AMAZING RACE: ALL STARS - SEASON 24 PREMIERE ANNOUNCED
POSTED ON JAN 15, 2014 06:35AM

Mark your calendars! The Amazing Race All-Star Edition will premiere on CBS on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 8/7c! Tune in to see some of your favorite Racers from past seasons get another chance at the $1 million prize.

Read the full press release here:

11 All-Star Teams Return For Another Chance at $1 Million On "The Amazing Race" Beginning Sunday, Feb. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM

Eleven former teams return for another sprint around the globe on a special All-Star themed edition of THE AMAZING RACE, while brains, brawn and beauty face-off in SURVIVOR, as both Emmy Award-winning series return this February. THE AMAZING RACE, featuring 11 returning fan favorite teams in pursuit of the $1 million prize, premieres Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

Hosted by Phil Keoghan, THE AMAZING RACE averaged 10.03 million viewers in its fall edition. THE AMAZING RACE is a nine-time Emmy Award winner for "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program."

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. Phil Keoghan hosts. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

CBS Sunday, Feb. 23
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE (Spring premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE (R)
10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST (R)

Source: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1001776/
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: CBS announces TAR and Survivor Premiere Dates!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
Is it always this late for the premieres or is it just because of the Olympics?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:47 AM »
Is it always this late for the premieres or is it just because of the Olympics?

Yes. Moscow Time (UTC+4) is hours ahead the United States equivalent to Eastern Time (UTC-5). So TAR will be on the 23rd of February.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:11 AM »
No, it was the 24th for season 22 IIRC

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 11:17:09 AM »
I knew it. Both are probably delayed due to the Olympics. I think this is the first time I can recall TAR starting before Survivor.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »
I think this was a case of what comes later. TAR 22 started on Feb 17.

This season, we will lose a Sunday April 6th for the Country Music Awards. Fitting that all in, a 12 ep show, with a double finale episode, lets us finish on May 11th...pretty standard. So even with a late start, we should come out well at the end!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »
It's pretty clear Survivor is starting later than normal for the spring because of the Olympics. The NCAA Tournament broadcast is being handled differently in the early rounds, as TNT and two other Time Warner cable channels are joining CBS in airing games in the different regional brackets during that first week, so Survivor doesn't have to take a week off. And an end date for Survivor of May 18 would fit in with scheduling in the past for the May sweeps, as the following weekend would be a three-day holiday weekend for the US (for Memorial Day).
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 02:34:02 PM »
It seems standard as well because everything this year has been delayed 6 days later (like especially at my school) and for broadcasting schedules as well, so really standard.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »
Okay, so the late date for TAR might be fairly standard but the late date for Survivor is probably due to the Olympics.  Thanks for clarifying it for me!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 06:27:30 PM »

:knuckles:  Only kink in the schedule would be that the TAR premiere clashes with the Olympics closing ceremony.  I guess that's what DVRs were made for.   :snicker:  So the only decision is which to watch... TAR premiere.... Olympics closing ceremony...... premiere.....  closing ceremony.... oh what to do!!!!!   :funny:   Forgetaboutit.... watch TAR and record the Olympics.... a no-brainer.

Oh wait, this is the "I'm not really an all-star" season of TAR.  hmmm.... that closing ceremony may be looking better all the time.   :tantrum  (just kidding)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 06:39:24 PM »
IIRC, that overlap took place at the end of the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver. (TAR 16, IIRC).
The other way Survivor is catching o[on hours is the two-hour premiere; usually Survivor has aired it second episode of a season on Wednesdays before the TAR season premiere.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
I think this was a case of what comes later. TAR 22 started on Feb 17.

This season, we will lose a Sunday April 6th for the Country Music Awards. Fitting that all in, a 12 ep show, with a double finale episode, lets us finish on May 11th...pretty standard. So even with a late start, we should come out well at the end!!

It's pretty clear Survivor is starting later than normal for the spring because of the Olympics. The NCAA Tournament broadcast is being handled differently in the early rounds, as TNT and two other Time Warner cable channels are joining CBS in airing games in the different regional brackets during that first week, so Survivor doesn't have to take a week off. And an end date for Survivor of May 18 would fit in with scheduling in the past for the May sweeps, as the following weekend would be a three-day holiday weekend for the US (for Memorial Day).

The schedule sounds about right.  Not sure about TAR & Survivor ending on 5/11 & 5/18, respectively.  The Apprentice usually ends the week after Survivor, and not during the 3-day weekend for Memorial Day.  While the Apprentice is on NBC, it's a Mark Burnett production, and I don't think he'll want his show running opposite Survivor on CBS.  OTOH, I don't know if there's even a Celebrity Apprentice this year, which makes what I said completely moot.

BTW, TAR16 premiered early and aired opposite the Olympics.  Pretty awful decision to air it that early without airing it even earlier (CBS had the Super Bowl that year).  Other than that, TAR starting so late isn't normal. Used to happen, but when the show was on weeknights.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36:05 PM »
Yaaaah,
Looking forward to Feb 23. No clash with BBC Sherlock on PBS.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 01:07:46 AM »
Now we wait for the official cast announcement  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 04:17:07 AM »
OMG February 23? That's so far away, but it's one of the few times I remember the show starting on my birthday week :lol: