Author Topic: Easiest season  (Read 1789 times)

Offline TheWarrior

• RFF Not So Newbie
Easiest season
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:59:07 AM »
To compliment Samualdude's post on most difficult season, this thread is for seasons that seemed more like a gap year trip than competition.

My take:

Season 8 - This is a no brainer

Season 23 - Yes. If there's any issue I had with this season was that it visited mostly developed, first world countries. Chile is one of those South American with a more stable economy. You can say that theyve visited "poorer" European countries like portugal and Poland, but on terms of culture shock factor for Americans and travel infrastructure, there's not much of a problem. The only country that seemed a little challenging culturally would be Indonesia.

Season 3 - Too many European legs where racers can get by with English. Singapore-Malaysia is highly westernized and people speak English there. Little culture shock factor.

Season 2 - The period of a time spent in Australia and New Zealand. Appeared to be more of an adventure tour than anything else.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Easiest season
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »
Season 13 would make my list. Too few roadblocks and little or no navigation. Considering that a team could get into the final three with one team member doing only 3 roadblocks, team dynamics and strategy skills were non-existent, navigation not really tested apart from flight skills and then even in the leg it was tested, there was an equalizer (the India to Kazakhstan leg).