Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates ** Delay** Need an Updater!!  (Read 23045 times)

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
Re: TAR 23 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates ** Delay** Need an Updater!!
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:48 AM »
"I overcook things that's what i do"  :funny:  :funny:
i really love Marie in this episode, and she's the only one who made it on the first try
Marie can't boiled egg, oh well at least she can overcook it  :funny:

Loving this leg. Season 23 Indonesian Legs are the best Indonesian leg so far in TAR
Great episode, really enjoyed it

finger-crossed for a hard final memory task like in TAR12&21   :cheer:

I'am now and forever post-love

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 09:20:40 AM »
I think that Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs would be more difficult  :funny:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2013, 10:16:17 AM »
When teams got their next clue after completing the RB, it was a detour clue

but on this picture below, there was another clue box behind Tim and Marie when they read their Detour clue. I wondered if the clue from the Roadblock was actually a Route Info that lead them to this location and the production cut that part...

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »
I feel a little sorry for Marie when she had to eat King Cobra.  I'm also a finicky eater, although in my case it's probably due to my having Asperger's Syndrome.  Marie doesn't have that excuse.  But during the leg, I also couldn't help thinking "And I thought I was a finicky eater!" at times about Marie.  I mean, I eat more than salads!  Then again, maybe Marie's a vegetarian like Kat was.  Or was Kat a vegan?  Either way, Marie might just not eat meat -- or any other animal products.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »

but on this picture below, there was another clue box behind Tim and Marie when they read their Detour clue. I wondered if the clue from the Roadblock was actually a Route Info that lead them to this location and the production cut that part...

Yup.. you're right. this is at the main parking lot and behind them is another crater (Ratu crater). i don't understand why the production cut this part

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2013, 11:21:34 AM »

Yup.. you're right. this is at the main parking lot and behind them is another crater (Ratu crater). i don't understand why the production cut this part

Maybe because it wasn't interesting and/or necessary to show.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »
One of the funniest face of Amy I've ever seen! :funny:

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
"I overcook things that's what i do"  :funny:  :funny:
i really love Marie in this episode, and she's the only one who made it on the first try
Marie can't boiled egg, oh well at least she can overcook it  :funny:

Loving this leg. Season 23 Indonesian Legs are the best Indonesian leg so far in TAR
Great episode, really enjoyed it

finger-crossed for a hard final memory task like in TAR12&21   :cheer:

I didn't hate Marie this episode, in fact I thought she actually redeemed herself LOL.  Like that Rachel pulling Jordan off Shelly moment in BB  :funny:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2013, 04:30:16 PM »
Loved Marie in this episode but HATED Amy!
Marie was hilarious and awesome!   :conf:
However, AMY angered me, to say the least.
Her comments about the Afghanimals throughout the Leg made me want to slap something. (:;)
And then saying how they're the BEST TEAM @ the Pit Stop! What was THAT about? Now you've won your FIRST LEG you're suddenly the best? Tim & Marie, the Afghanimals, and Travis & Nicole would LOVE to show you their MULTIPLE LEG WINS, Amy!  :tantrum
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SM92

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »
Loved Marie in this episode but HATED Amy!
Marie was hilarious and awesome!   :conf:
However, AMY angered me, to say the least.
Her comments about the Afghanimals throughout the Leg made me want to slap something. (:;)
And then saying how they're the BEST TEAM @ the Pit Stop! What was THAT about? Now you've won your FIRST LEG you're suddenly the best? Tim & Marie, the Afghanimals, and Travis & Nicole would LOVE to show you their MULTIPLE LEG WINS, Amy!  :tantrum

I also loved Marie (they're now my fav team - how did that happen!?) but I also liked Amy. I don't think anything she said about the Afghanimals was that bad/untrue. And although the last four teams are strong, I think the fact J&A have the best relationship makes them the strongest team, they're definitely consistent!  :hoot:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »

The editors often cut out all references to a route marker or task, and try to make it seem that the Racers are reading the clue to the next location that is being used. That's when you will see such inconsistencies on screen.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 02:37:49 AM »
i think Bandung is the best Indonesian legs since TAR 19 in Yogyakarta. loved the tasks, and locations. i lived in Bandung for 2 years but i didn't know there is a beautiful waterfall in Cimahi  :-[
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:43:14 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »

That crater looks beautiful I wish we get more scenery of that...
The editors probably cut it because there was no necessary placement changes from the roadblock to arriving at that crater... dang!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 06:46:32 PM »

ROADBLOCK: Hard-boil eggs using a hot springs
Not only did the Roadblock finally make its debut first, the egg cooking concluded itself as a really great task. To pass, you need to have an immense amount of patience. (That is key.) You must wait a proper amount of time to boil eggs since the temperature is unknown, and if your eggs are still raw or still containing runny yolks, you must go back down to the rocky springs and wait longer to hit the right consistency. I was surprised how the guys who did the Roadblock first didn't utilize the "spin method" of trying to cook raw eggs. To see spin method, click on the "Show content" bar :
Show content
SPIN METHOD: To determine if eggs are thoroughly hard-boiled or not, spin an egg on a flat surface. If the egg wobbles, the yolk is not fully cooked. If the egg comes to a stop like a ceiling fan, they are boiled properly.)

ROADBLOCK SCORE: 10/10

The problem with your test is that they didn't have a suitable flat surface to do it on. It was all rocks and dirt around the hot spring.
If they did the egg test on the path Roadblock performers had to run on to get to the motorbikes, it could work. :tup:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »

ROADBLOCK: Hard-boil eggs using a hot springs
Not only did the Roadblock finally make its debut first, the egg cooking concluded itself as a really great task. To pass, you need to have an immense amount of patience. (That is key.) You must wait a proper amount of time to boil eggs since the temperature is unknown, and if your eggs are still raw or still containing runny yolks, you must go back down to the rocky springs and wait longer to hit the right consistency. I was surprised how the guys who did the Roadblock first didn't utilize the "spin method" of trying to cook raw eggs. To see spin method, click on the "Show content" bar :
Show content
SPIN METHOD: To determine if eggs are thoroughly hard-boiled or not, spin an egg on a flat surface. If the egg wobbles, the yolk is not fully cooked. If the egg comes to a stop like a ceiling fan, they are boiled properly.)

ROADBLOCK SCORE: 10/10

The problem with your test is that they didn't have a suitable flat surface to do it on. It was all rocks and dirt around the hot spring.
If they did the egg test on the path Roadblock performers had to run on to get to the motorbikes, it could work. :tup:

OK, I hadn't thought of that. It's still probably easier to just give them an extra 3-5 minutes and be absolutely sure they are done rather than run back up the steps and risk having to run back down again. Also, it became apparent when the guy cut them open that some eggs had cooked more than others, so you might have to spin most or all to be sure. Not that the teams would have expected that at the time. I'm guessing the eggs on top may have only been partially submerged and cooked a little less than the others.