Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79582 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »
I like the order of arrival at the airport as well! But I would love for them to NOT tell them which one is the better flight, and for the possible scenarios to occur:

1. Careless teams who just book themselves on the slower flight without checking
2. Teams arriving at the slower counter and having a mad dash to the faster one
3. Teams arriving at the faster counter and reserving spots for other teams, resulting in EPIC DRAMA
4. Faster teams being total smug about their prowness in getting the first flight but only to get eliminated that leg
5. The faster flight getting delayed and getting in perhaps 5-15 mins earlier or later than the later flight

I know, I'm evil. :funny:

I LOVE all of this <3

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »
I like the order of arrival at the airport as well! But I would love for them to NOT tell them which one is the better flight, and for the possible scenarios to occur:

1. Careless teams who just book themselves on the slower flight without checking
3. Teams arriving at the faster counter and reserving spots for other teams, resulting in EPIC DRAMA
4. Faster teams being total smug about their prowness in getting the first flight but only to get eliminated that leg
5. The faster flight getting delayed and getting in perhaps 5-15 mins earlier or later than the later flight

I LOVE all of this <3
Love it.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2014, 12:42:26 AM »

All of them have happened.  :funny:

1. Season 11
2. Countless seasons
3. Not in first leg, and not involving airplanes but it has happened in Season 16.
4. Season 23 with Leo & Jamal.
5. Countless seasons

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2014, 02:58:51 AM »
3. happened in TAR5 dooming Dennis & Erika because Dennis wanted to prove he wasn't a scumbag :(

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2014, 01:33:33 AM »
I'd like to see 3 U-Turns in a season. It would be very interesting if teams don't expect a third double U-Turn and teams could possibly get revenge for earlier U-Turns and such. Especially a U-Turn in the first 3 legs.

I'd love to see a documentary about the Race, The sort of behind the scenes planning a little but not too much and maybe a run through of a season to show how frantic it is to set everything up and the mad dashes from location to location.

Also for one more change, I'd like to see a season without Asia at all. I know it's a signature continent but I'd like to see continents like Africa and Oceania be featured more often and possibly spend a few more legs there.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2014, 02:07:34 AM »
I'd love to see a documentary about the Race, The sort of behind the scenes planning a little but not too much and maybe a run through of a season to show how frantic it is to set everything up and the mad dashes from location to location.

That would become one interesting documentary for me! :tup:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2014, 04:06:36 PM »
This might sound like a stupid idea but what if they allow team to communicate and mingle with each other at pit stops, then film it for a web extra.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2014, 02:29:04 AM »
This might sound like a stupid idea but what if they allow team to communicate and mingle with each other at pit stops, then film it for a web extra.
I think if it wasn't shown on TV (and I don't think it would due to time and boringness (rating) issue), I wouldn't like that :/ Like, alliances would be formed off-screen and we just wouldn't understand some things shown and why some team didn't help the other or sth like that...

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »
I have a couple of ideas (although I'm not sure if I've mentioned them before).

Stop Sign: One team can force another team to have both members perform the Roadblock (there would be ways to make this "more fair," but I couldn't think of any of those ideas).

Triple U-Turns? I'm not fully on board with this though...it might be too confusing.

2 Express Passes, one is for the winner of the first leg, one is for the winner of the second leg. If the team that wins Leg 1 also wins Leg 2, the second EP must be given away by the end of the specified leg.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2014, 05:19:14 PM »
Triple U-Turn would be great, my only guess for why they haven't is because usually teams that are left used all their U-Turns up by Leg 9 or 10. Bring back a surprise Yield maybe? (Even though that probably isn't as effective as a UTurn.) I'd love for them to have 3 UTurns, 2 express passes, and an intersection (with an actual challenge that makes intersecting useful or troublesome, not something lame like "go bungee jump together"...why are we even intersected if we're just doing something I could have done by myself?...)

Would be amazing to see more off-the-beaten path islands, like Trinidad & Tobago or even Bora Bora again (those first two legs were BEAUTIFUL last season.)
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2014, 08:50:39 PM »
To be honest, an Express Pass or a holiday trip / 10,000 dollars EACH (usually in earlier seasons) for winning the first leg?, I'll take the prize.

The Express Pass usually (in recent seasons) just helps to ensure you win the leg OR avoid elimination on the leg that the team is not even in danger of being eliminated. And on the one occasion the team is in danger, the team chose not to use it. Awesome.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »

All of them have happened.  :funny:

I know, and that's why I listed all of them down.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2014, 06:51:00 AM »
The Express Pass usually (in recent seasons) just helps to ensure you win the leg OR avoid elimination on the leg that the team is not even in danger of being eliminated. And on the one occasion the team is in danger, the team chose not to use it. Awesome.
:funny: I can relate. :funny:

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
In order to keep the express pass concept fresh, I have an idea. In the actual race, teams have to use it on or before the 8th leg. What if teams were given an additional $500,000 if they handed in their express pass at the end of the 8th leg without using it, AND later won the race. This would create even more tension on whether or not to use the pass, and could result in some interesting outcomes.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »
In order to keep the express pass concept fresh, I have an idea. In the actual race, teams have to use it on or before the 8th leg. What if teams were given an additional $500,000 if they handed in their express pass at the end of the 8th leg without using it, AND later won the race. This would create even more tension on whether or not to use the pass, and could result in some interesting outcomes.
I like it (but I would make the bonus double )

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2014, 09:00:58 PM »
I like it (but I would make the bonus double )
Doubling the prize money would be way to much incentive to not use it. It would destroy the Express Pass.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2014, 11:36:24 PM »
Maybe make it worth like $10,000 or $20,000 if not used until the 8th leg and you don't necessarily have to win the race. It would be some incentive, but not a major one.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2014, 04:19:54 AM »

Maybe make it worth like $10,000 or $20,000 if not used until the 8th leg and you don't necessarily have to win the race. It would be some incentive, but not a major one.

I like the first idea, but the second one's better. :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »

$20,000 would be good. Express Pass or $20,000 if it's not used by Leg 8 (And maybe if the team comes in first as well). CBS READ THIS.

Like that, teams who won the first leg legitimately will win something rather than just a piece of paper.. it's a huge help, but I haven't really seen an instance where the Express Pass was used legitimately after 7 seasons. Sigh.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2014, 11:40:38 PM »
It was so good when they changed some of the sound tracks for TAR 14. It was so refreshing and entertaining the entire season. Then it went downhill ever since.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2014, 11:42:18 PM »
Several productions interviews keep saying "we read the message boards" and "the fans wanted to see XX back again, that's why they were chosen" ...  :res:

Here is where you can suggest changes: ESPECIALLY CAST SUGGESTIONS (ALL new non celebrity-ish racers PLEASE!--see TARC and TARaus for ideas, lol)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29612.0.html

But let's keep THIS thread for ratings info/discussion only please.

I think the producers meant "FACEBOOK".  :res: :res: :res: And I have no idea which message board do they read, because I can't find one where people are screaming they want to see Flight Time and Big Easy. :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2014, 02:44:46 AM »
Twitter. I usually see FT&BE being mentioned in twitter with something positive said about them.

People do like them and root for them for some odd reason.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2014, 03:47:45 AM »
It's weird that almost the whole world hates twinnies (on Facebook) and afghanimals and they still called them back then? :funny:

And nobody remembered Caroline and Jennifer.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
Not so much a change as such, but more a what NOT do to.
Please CBS, don't do what you did at the beginning of last nights episode. I want to see the Intro.
That is all. :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »
Not so much a change as such, but more a what NOT do to.
Please CBS, don't do what you did at the beginning of last nights episode. I want to see the Intro.
That is all. :lol:
I guess it's permanent now.  CBS gets an extra 30 second commercial I guess.
 (:;)

So anyway... what do you call what they did for that slow-mo Brenchel Detour montage?  Not just slow motion, but it was a more cinematic visual style that's standard on TARAu and TARC I believe.   I wish TAR would do that for entire episodes.