Things I'd like to see in the modern premiere episodes:
• Non-LAX starting location, seriously! We haven't seen a new metropolis or airport being visited since Unfinished Business (Palm Springs). It has gotten to the point where a miscellaneous bridge for a pointless rappel is being featured. If they can't afford to begin the race in another state, go to San Diego or San Francisco/Oakland. There's certainly more diversity to CA than Los Angeles.
• Airport parking shuttling We haven't seen the classic TAR moments on airport-shuttle buses since TAR17. It is a fantastic way for teams to start interacting with their opponents and help/not help each other out. Also, it gives time for newly-formed friendships to sprout and flight decisions.
• Show ALL teams GETTING their tickets Other than having Phil narrate which teams depart at which time to "X" country, show the teams getting their airline tickets. The HD seasons so far have failed to understand the point of giving reasonable, even edits. For example: TAR20 broadcasted Kerri & Stacy finding their first clue in 4th, but were on the LAST plane to Cafayate?... TAR21 showed the Twinnies and Josh & Brent standing in line at the airport, but never showed Trexi nor Rob & Sheila arriving at the airport.
• Mix the Detour and Roadblock usage The Detour was last seen on Leg 1 ten seasons ago. I want to see the return of the Detour in the first Leg. Shanghai (Serve or Eat) and Bora Bora - va'a (Skydive or Sand Up) could have been the perfect opportunity to bring back the Detour.
And of course...
• Play more intriguing, race music!!! I don't know why, but the latest HD seasons' soundtrack sounds more suited for an undersea shark movie than a high-stakes race for $1 million. In fact, I loved the exciting music included from TAR10-TAR17. More notably, the intense Charla & Mirna vs. Romber and David & Mary Pit Stop race, Marisa & Brooke vs. Aja & Ty Detour finish, and Jaime & Cara vs. Kisha & Jen's taxi race to the Pit Stop.