Here are some honest changes I would make to TAR US.
1. Longer episodes - I loved it in TARAus when they had 90 minute episodes, as it meant there could be more challenges, more drama, and we could get to know the teams better. I would love to see longer episodes in TAR US, especially in the season opener... IMO, every season opener should be 90 mins or maybe 2 hours
2. More Night Legs - Every single night leg, I love... There is something cool about nigh legs! Now that TAR US has visited a lot of places, it seems destinations are being re-used. Here is where night legs can be used to make the place seem new again. For example, go back to Hong Kong and utilize the night scenery in a better way than TAR 17. Or go back to Sydney and have tasks around the Opera House at night, or the Harbour at night, or simply the city. Singapore is amazing at night, so use that... Its simple really!
3. Varied Routes - TAR22 nailed this, great scenery! From amazing Bora Bora, to New Zealand, to Africa, to Switzerland, I loved this route. The thing that made it so cool was how varied it was. We had beach in Bora Bora, snow in Switzerland, Open country in NZ, City in Great Britain... All routes should vary between landscapes
4. Better Leg Construction - I guess this goes hand in hand with my first point, but varying how the leg is constructed is something I have always wanted. In more recent seasons, the legs seem to generally go Pit Start - Route Info - Roadblock - Detour - Pit Stop (RB and Detour can switch of course). I'd love to see some variation to this, like a Roadblock straight from the Pit Start, or a few tasks which are somewhat challenging inbetween detours and roadblocks. Also, on legs with U-Turns, it should be ensured that the Detour comes before the Roadblock. Otherwise, you aren't allowing u-turned teams a chance to catch up. This really bugged me both with the Cowboys in TAR18, or the one in TAR22. Sure, it can add drama, but it really just makes it impossible for other teams to be eliminated.
5. Bring back old elements - It doesn't have to be every season, but it would be cool to see Yields, normal U-Turns or Intersections. It would just be a breath of fresh air every once in a while.