Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79391 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »
One more thing I would like to see TAR do is to add more time stamps. They don't have to have them in every frame, but it's nice to see how long they actually did the task.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »
I don't think they would do that because it would ruin suspense in producer-induced races to the pitstop etc.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »
No one wants to see TAR go away, so how can we make sure that this thread is seen by someone in production?
Do we think that it is already being viewed by production?
I remember seeing an interview with van Munster and Doganieri and I think when asked about spoilers they said something about RFF, so production does come here. All we have to do is get this thread seen.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
We need to go back to the pre-TAR15 era. With the exception of 18 and 21 IMO, the better seasons all fall before TAR15, best casts, better suspense, simple, jaw dropping, just plain amazing. We have lost that 'amazing' factor just a teeny bit to what it was. I'm sure TAR will get going again and with next season it looks like it is going to be great.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
We need to go back to the pre-TAR15 era. With the exception of 18 and 21 IMO, the better seasons all fall before TAR15, best casts, better suspense, simple, jaw dropping, just plain amazing. We have lost that 'amazing' factor just a teeny bit to what it was. I'm sure TAR will get going again and with next season it looks like it is going to be great.
For the most part I agree with what you said, only TAR 15 & 17 were one of my favourite seasons EVER. I loved the cast, loved how dramatic and tense the seasons were. But where TAR is going now, it seems like it is getting softer and softer, they are shoving this cheap, soap-operish drama down our throats instead of the competitiveness they had before  ;)

Perhaps I went a little too harsh, but what I wanted to put through is that obviously TAR was better a few years ago.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
I don't understand why people despise TAR17 so much. It has a better cast than mostly all (in my opinion, all) of the post-standard definition seasons and the route was really something. :res: I liked the cast of TAR21, it's the route that was just... Ugh! :tantrum
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ranger1010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013, 09:17:47 AM »
Just out of curiosity, has TAR ever had a season with teams consisting of a returning racer and a different partner?  For the life of me, I can't remember.
Like, there have only been 2 seasons with returning players... :lol:
In TAR11 Eric & Danielle were cast, remember? They both had different partners in their original season.

Oh yes, because they started dating right?

I think it would be cool to have a season with past racers and new partners.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
The thing is most of the racers say: "I would only race again with my previous partner". IDK, I really like seeing teams go back, not only half of it... just my opinion.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
Pre TAR 14 allstars.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2013, 11:38:55 PM »
Bring back the gnome! :gnome
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »
I moved a lot of off topic discussions to the Previous Seasons Discussion thread.

If you all really want this to be read, then let's keep this SOLELY for thoughtful practical ideas of how our beloved TAR can actually be improved. What works? What doesn't?? What needs change? What doesn't?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
For me, one of the most intense things are the Fast Forwards tactics. In the first seasons it was kinda safe to go for one, since no more than 1 or 2 teams fight for one. That was not the best thing to do. About 1 or 2 per Race, I also think that is not OK, since it doesn't allow teams to skip it: You see it, you are in first, you go for it.

I would rather say that 4 Fast Forwards would be really good. You may skip the first one thinking in the future, or you may be able to surge ahead if you are in trouble in the first leg where it appears. IDK, I like it.

About the cost... I don't think it is a major cost to pay for one team bungee jumping in Donautrum, or one team searching for a needle in a haystack in Country X. What I mean, is that it is not costly to insert an extra task as you only have to make it for one team. It brings some fresh air to the Race, IMHO.

And. I also have to say that I miss the good Intersections. I loved how it worked in Madagascar, season 10. Didn't like it in Season 16. But I really miss it. Imagine 2 teams U-Turned because of being intersected. Drama <3

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2013, 03:17:37 PM »
^
lmao intersected u-turn  :cmaslol
forcing two teams to work together for the detour and in the end racing each other to the pitstop
can't imagine the tension the teams must feel, esp if they don't like each other

i personally think FF task should be done by both team members. maybe another FF eating task? i assume that it's not costly.
and FF should be a task that requires the team to actually do something, not getting a tattoo.

anyway do you think a Mystery Detour would work?
like in the clue it only said Detour A or Detour B or something more creative and the name of the location.
All the instruction will be revealed when they reach the locations. or it won't change anything?
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »
Here are some honest changes I would make to TAR US.

1. Longer episodes - I loved it in TARAus when they had 90 minute episodes, as it meant there could be more challenges, more drama, and we could get to know the teams better. I would love to see longer episodes in TAR US, especially in the season opener... IMO, every season opener should be 90 mins or maybe 2 hours

2. More Night Legs - Every single night leg, I love... There is something cool about nigh legs! Now that TAR US has visited a lot of places, it seems destinations are being re-used. Here is where night legs can be used to make the place seem new again. For example, go back to Hong Kong and utilize the night scenery in a better way than TAR 17. Or go back to Sydney and have tasks around the Opera House at night, or the Harbour at night, or simply the city.  Singapore is amazing at night, so use that... Its simple really!

3. Varied Routes - TAR22 nailed this, great scenery! From amazing Bora Bora, to New Zealand, to Africa, to Switzerland, I loved this route. The thing that made it so cool was how varied it was. We had beach in Bora Bora, snow in Switzerland, Open country in NZ, City in Great Britain... All routes should vary between landscapes

4. Better Leg Construction - I guess this goes hand in hand with my first point, but varying how the leg is constructed is something I have always wanted. In more recent seasons, the legs seem to generally go Pit Start - Route Info - Roadblock - Detour - Pit Stop (RB and Detour can switch of course). I'd love to see some variation to this, like a Roadblock straight from the Pit Start, or a few tasks which are somewhat challenging inbetween detours and roadblocks. Also, on legs with U-Turns, it should be ensured that the Detour comes before the Roadblock. Otherwise, you aren't allowing u-turned teams a chance to catch up. This really bugged me both with the Cowboys in TAR18, or the one in TAR22. Sure, it can add drama, but it really just makes it impossible for other teams to be eliminated.

5. Bring back old elements - It doesn't have to be every season, but it would be cool to see Yields, normal U-Turns or Intersections. It would just be a breath of fresh air every once in a while.
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »
Brooke & Marie for the next mashup team plz
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »

OMG yesplz <33333333
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

NoluckBoston

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »
I would like to see the intersection make a come back.

It would have been great in season 23. Who would have got stuck with Marie.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2013, 01:54:05 AM »
I would like to see the intersection make a come back.
I know I sound reparative but TARAu did some great intersection tasks. The wood chopping in Poland (I think) was the best intersection ever.

Also it would be cool to have a reunion/after show like what TARCan did.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2013, 02:14:43 AM »
Also it would be cool to have a reunion/after show like what TARCan did.
They could have a reunion show on TVGN even the day after or something. 

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2013, 02:51:08 AM »

OMG yesplz <33333333

OMG...!!!  :cmaslol
But i think Marie prefers racing with Katie (Max & Katie). I still want Brook racing with Mallory  :kisses

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
I'd like to see more opportunities for choice of how to get from A to B.  Either multiple flight options, or in-city, travel by bus, subway, rickshaw, foot, etc. to ...  Taxi races are getting boring.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:45 PM »
1.) Have leg 11 a double elimination (so the 5th and 4th place team get eliminated in the second to last leg).
2.) More countries
3.) Triple elimination
4.) I really liked the voting U-turn from TAR Aus 2
5.) New countries
6.) Start and/or end in a random place (Yellowstone or Montana or something weird, preferably a national park).

and last but not least....

7.) GO TO ANTARCTICA!!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »
Unlike most people on this thread, I actually feel that the most recent seasons of TAR (22 and 23 specifically) have been great. There definitely are several things that could be improved, though.

1.Bring back the starting line task, and give the first person to finish an express pass.
2.Bring back the intersection.
3.Start/end in the midwest/mountain states/southwest.
4.Use 2-4 fast forwards per race.
5.Add a roadblock u-turn, which forces the other member of the team to complete the roadblock.
6.Add a double elimination either in the middle of the season (legs 5-8) or on the penultimate leg (11).

Finally, I have read some complaints on the quality of recent seasons, and cries to go to only one season per year. If this was done, I feel it would need to be a bigger race, with 16 or so legs, 14 or so teams and some 90 minute episodes. This last section is just speculation on my part.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 02:50:57 AM »
 :hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, Boring Dude. :xmas49
Like your "EP on the starting line task" idea. :xmas146
I wonder if I posted that idea here... ???
And maybe to add to that idea, here's what I want to see:
1st EP - 1st to finish starting line task
2nd EP - 1st to get to airport
3rd EP - 1st leg prize
4th EP - to be given by the team who won leg 1

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 04:47:33 AM »
5.Add a roadblock u-turn, which forces the other member of the team to complete the roadblock.

This is great. They definitely should do this.  :cmas27

And maybe to add to that idea, here's what I want to see:
1st EP - 1st to finish starting line task
2nd EP - 1st to get to airport
3rd EP - 1st leg prize
4th EP - to be given by the team who won leg 1

I think that's too many Express Passes. One is to bring one team above the others in terms of advantages. Two is how the other teams would react to it and how much they're going to give to get that advantage from another team. Four is just crazy. But that's me anyway :cmaslol

I agree they should bring back the Starting Line tasks. The first to finish the task and the first to finish the leg could receive the two Express Passes instead of the giving-it-to-another-team mechanic. The last to finish the starting line task should receive a penalty, maybe the Hazard (which is basically a Speed Bump), or maybe they could incorporate the Marked for Elimination in this sense: The last team to finish the task would receive a 30-minute penalty if they don't finish the leg in first.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back