Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79566 times)

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:30:51 AM »
-i think the music ( soundtrack )  of season before and season 18 are much more dramatic than season 19 until present. well some rare legs had it. however, i found it a somewhat significant problem. i didn't get the feeling of "these teams are so frustrated in a place they didn't know, and they have to finish this crazily difficult task", instead i only feel "you know, this teams are doing a not very difficult task, and they're having fun with it. " i lost the intense feeling that i used to have when watching the previous seasons.
-i love how phil narrates every single task and destinations. he hasn't really done since season 19. we only see some teams reading the clues while the cameras directly showing the destinations without phil telling them
-i really miss a pole next to the pitstop showing the location of the city and the country. i don't know, it looks really cool and gives you the sense that this is a serious race which features countries around the world.

these are the little changes that i wish could happen again in season 24, it probably would increase viewers. is it possible that we could express our opinion and give it directly to the amazing race production crews? i really wish there was 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:36 AM »
Great Idea!! I think we all have some constructive ideas....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:04:37 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:03:09 AM »
Pick a good cast for AS. It isn't that hard.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:02:56 AM »
Here's my list:
- Bring back the yield while keeping the u-turn. :hearts:
- Speedbump / Hazard now becomes something similar to yields and u-turns. (though I doubt this very much)
- Try placing more NELs in the first few legs if possible. (I know, budget :res: )
- The pole mentioned on the 1st post. ;)
- More different types of music. :hrt: Also, bring back some old ones. :)
- Let fans around the world vote for the returning teams for the next returnee season. :wohoo: (my favorite)
- Add new twists every season. :hoot:
- Bring back teams from older seasons or bring back teams that were eliminated on or before the 4th leg.
- Cast 12 teams once in a while. ;)
- New NEL penalty.
- Bring back starting line task. (with or without penalties; better if no one gets eliminated on the starting line)
- More Fast Forwards? :hug?: About 3 to 6, no FFs on the 1st leg and the last 3 legs.
- 2-hour premiere. :hoot: Either it is 1 long leg or it is 2 legs with a NEL/TBC on the 1st leg.
- Keep 2-hour finale every season. :cheer:
- Put 3 yields and 3 u-turns each race. (I wanna see one on the 1st/2nd leg.) :colors
- Visit more exotic locations. (I loved the Bora Bora visit from last season.) :hoot:
- More flight drama!!! :meow:
- Good edits for all teams.
- Casting teams with unique professions. :conf:
And more! That's all I remember for now, but I might be forgetting something.

As I went on, I realized that this is similar to a wishlist thread.

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »
I agree, a 2-hour finale shows that it is a big deal to people that might not normally watch. Also,
- I wish we had a live finale show like Survivor does.

- I loved watching the elimination station, bring it back

- I always watched the eliminated team the next day on The Bonnie Hunt Show, then the final 3 on the Early Show. I think doing something like this on the view would help boost ratings.

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 07:31:57 AM »
More riddle based route info/clue maybe, so the next destination is solely based on a riddle. So we can see the possibility that some teams might go to the wrong destination?  i can't stop imagining what happen if Jeff & Jordan actually flew to China instead of Chile and it's not even riddle based :groan:

but at the same time i think it's pretty easy to solve ;_;
i just like seeing teams trying to solve a riddle based clue

Instead of getting 2 express pass for the 1st place teams during the 1st leg. they got 1 express pass and a power to u-turn any teams in any legs, even the legs w/o uturn. so the advantages are solely for that team.
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 07:33:32 AM »
- I wish we had a live finale show like Survivor does.

TAR Canada made that - I would really like to hear what teams have to say, which were their favourite places / tasksx..

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 08:16:36 AM »
More riddle based route info/clue maybe, so the next destination is solely based on a riddle. So we can see the possibility that some teams might go to the wrong destination?  i can't stop imagining what happen if Jeff & Jordan actually flew to China instead of Chile and it's not even riddle based :groan:

but at the same time i think it's pretty easy to solve ;_;
i just like seeing teams trying to solve a riddle based clue

Instead of getting 2 express pass for the 1st place teams during the 1st leg. they got 1 express pass and a power to u-turn any teams in any legs, even the legs w/o uturn. so the advantages are solely for that team.

Great idea! :tup:

Which reminds me of another thing I wanna see: On a starting line task, the 1st team to finish it will win 1 EP.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »
Always. Plan. A. GOOD. Finale. Memory. Challenge. We fans and viewers love and look forward to that. I don't care even if you repeat TAR 12's memory challenge a 100 times. That was hard and considering the amount of things they interacted with throughout the race.. this memory challenge could have been repeated for so many darn seasons!

I don't care if you love the Globetrotters or Cowboys. You can put them on the race and nothing we can do. But if you have to bring back, can you at least pick more decent choices like BQs, Charla and Mirna and Oswald and Danny? I mean, I don't even mind seeing Rob and Amber again! (But still, better them than Globetrotters)

And can you at least please spare a thought for the fans and put teams we actually LIKE? Not teams like John and Jess or Leo and Jamal who has more haters than fans, you know? I know they probably have some Unfinished Business, but it's NOT MY PROBLEM. I don't care if they didn't use their Express Pass and it was a sad story. Period.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 08:45:06 AM »
-i think the music ( soundtrack )  of season before and season 18 are much more dramatic than season 19 until present. well some rare legs had it. however, i found it a somewhat significant problem. i didn't get the feeling of "these teams are so frustrated in a place they didn't know, and they have to finish this crazily difficult task", instead i only feel "you know, this teams are doing a not very difficult task, and they're having fun with it. " i lost the intense feeling that i used to have when watching the previous seasons.
-i love how phil narrates every single task and destinations. he hasn't really done since season 19. we only see some teams reading the clues while the cameras directly showing the destinations without phil telling them
-i really miss a pole next to the pitstop showing the location of the city and the country. i don't know, it looks really cool and gives you the sense that this is a serious race which features countries around the world.

these are the little changes that i wish could happen again in season 24, it probably would increase viewers. is it possible that we could express our opinion and give it directly to the amazing race production crews? i really wish there was 

OMG I ranted the same two points in the BMS thread. :lol: I think they really really should focus on fixing this first. Even though TAR 15 and TAR 16 were not that much good, I'd take them over the TAR 19 to 23 just because they really made me feel like I'm part of the race too.

Anyways I rewatched clips (from my collection) of TAR 5, TAR 8, TAR 10, TAR 11, TAR 14, TAR 17, TAR 20, and TAR 23.

In terms of sound editing and Phil's spiels, I truly enjoyed the pre-TAR18 era (especially from TAR 14 to TAR 17). The music makes me excited and terrified and pumped at the same time. In today's era? I feel like I'm watching a soap opera. No more intense music? :|

Phil also used to narrate in his amazing "mysterious" voice, and in most tasks he described them which is actually good bcause we can learn a lot from that culture. His pre-TAR18 voice were so crisp and lovely that when he describes the tasks it makes it A LOT MORE INTERESTING. Now? He's annoyingly happy, which for me makes the tasks easier than expected.

For this all-star edition, I seriously do hope they return to what they have done before (especially during TAR14-17). With this cast and this boot order (yay for youtube for 3rd out hopefully lololol), having sounds and Phil's voice added makes me want to not watch it (but meh im still going to watch it for the sake of watching it :lol:)

... Or maybe I'm too old for TAR already... and that's a problem because I'm only just 20 years old. :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
1. I would prefer it if they have more legs in the night. Night scenes in metropolises are usually quite beautiful, but I understand HOO will likely limit the feasibility of having night legs.

2. I think for a race around the world, there should be more tasks related to geography, not just 1 per season.

3. The first leg should always be a NEL. The second leg can be a double elimination.

4. Maybe have a zero hour pitstop after the elimination of the 4th placed team? With probably a HOO/flight to bunch the F3 teams?

5. I hope they cast more bickering couple teams who are efficient at completing tasks. I generally root for this kind of teams!  :funny: :funny:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 01:01:21 PM »
-Here's Some-

1- A non-Los Angeles Start.  Have the starting line like in the Mountain or Central Time-Zones.
2- New countries (last few seasons had no countries- except Season22 (Bora Bora and N. Ireland).
3- Bring back the Hazard, Yield, and Double-Leg.
4- Roadblock task at the starting line (like TARAustralia Season 1).
and Finally 5- More memory tasks on the final leg.

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »
-Here's Some-

1- A non-Los Angeles Start.  Have the starting line like in the Mountain or Central Time-Zones.
2- New countries (last few seasons had no countries- except Season22 (Bora Bora and N. Ireland).
3- Bring back the Hazard, Yield, and Double-Leg.
4- Roadblock task at the starting line (like TARAustralia Season 1).
and Finally 5- More memory tasks on the final leg.

I agree 100% with all of these (except maybe the new countries.)
I wouldn't know what to do if the first leg didn't go through LAX.

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »
5. I hope they cast more bickering couple teams who are efficient at completing tasks. I generally root for this kind of teams!  :funny: :funny:

You should cast s25 because I hope my wife and I fit this criteria and we applied for the first time.  :hoot:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 02:16:42 PM »
 - Stronger Female teams.
 - Have the Hazard back witch include a Startingline task every time.
 - New Countries!!!!!!!!!!!!
 - More Famous landmarks.
 - 3 Fastforwards in a Season.
 - Have 12 teams in a season Again, then go back to 11 teams in the Next. And so on.
 - Start another place then L.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Give People there not live in USA, a chance to Watch it online.
- Last but not least have The Amazing Race on TV forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »
1.One Major change id like to see is No NEL
2.Also as others have said new countries.
3. Maybe even a foreign country start line

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »
-A double Uturn/Yield thingy: One yield and one Uturn? I'm not sure what the timeframe for a yield was (1hr? 30mins?).
-Food tasks, they were always entertaining. I remember 3 in season 5 alone.
-I liked some of the old NEL penalties too, but the speedbump is okay yet swapping around would do no harm.

And many of the ones you all stated above.  :)

Don Task

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
#1: We do not have to have every single starting line in California. Well, California is beautiful, I have been there on vacation earlier this year, but it's like eating pizza 7 days a week. If you have ran out of ideas, try Las Vegas, Hawaii or Chicago. These are locations with many intercontinental flights.
#2: There are circa 200 countries worldwide. Many of them would be very interesting for American viewers, why not to visit them? I love having new countires on TAR. Slovak Republic (with the second leg in my Czech Republic  ;) ), Albania or Serbia are some of them. They are much more secure than LA in the night.
#3: I dont like when two legs take place at the same country. I know thats because of budget, but it's pretty obvious that first of double-leg is non ellimination.
#4: Bring us more night city legs! If you combine night leg and a selected theme (Jack the Ripper at London or whatsoever), it would be legendary. And what if this episode would be broadcasted at Halloween night? Epic!
#5: I want 'eat these disgusting local delicasy' roadblocks back.
#6: I want to see more sexy-youngish-FF teams suchs as Nicky & Kim or Ally & Ashley.
#7: Why finish line destination signs have disappeared? They made me feel 'this race is serious'.
#8: Cast me as a 12th team, I know I'm not an American but I would create much drama. ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:44:38 PM by Don Task »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »
#1 for me is CASTING!
Borrow some casting people from ActiveTV (TARA, TARAu, TARPh, Israel). They know what makes a good cast.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
If they  could replicate TARAus 2's cast every time the show would last forever. I was devasted at every elimination after the first leg!

Offline NorthernLily

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »
In addition to some of the ideas suggested, I would like to see:
- teams not being equalized on flights every leg. I loved the old races when teams were all on different flights, trying to find the best one to take them to their next destination (Season 5 - Charla & Mirna)

- I wish teams didn't help each other as much in these last 4 or so seasons. Maybe I'm not remembering properly, but it seems that there used to be more of a competitive edge between the teams. For the most part teams were doing the tasks on their own, not getting other teams to show them how to do it.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
1. I'd really LOVE Route Info "Mini tasks" like TAR Canada had. Not super-challenging tasks, just little things that show more culture. Season 23 has done this pretty well, better than pervious seasons.
2. MORE RIDDLES!  Riddles will cause either smart teams to propel forward, local interaction (which is hilarious), or both.
3. Better Pit Stops! I liked how Season 1 had local designs at the Pit Stop. Don't get me wrong, though, I love the Pit Stop mat. However, I think they could incorporate local culture better, instead of a few people standing in the middle of a square.
4. More Fast Forwards and U-Turns! Also more challenging Detours on U-Turn Legs.
5. Incorporate the No-Break Elimination Leg idea into legs. It'd be interesting to see teams be exhausted, keep racing, and then, the last few teams, seeing other teams, getting a false sense of security and then panicking.... Is that bad?....

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 10:26:45 PM »
Speaking of zero hour Pit Stops, I want to see someone get ELIMINATED at a zero hour Pit Stop.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »
WOW!!!

I've just read the full thread and I agree with all of the ideas. I'd just add:

Bring more excruciatingly funny tasks like cheeses rolling downhill, big, heavy, wet fish having to be carried through city streets, ridiculous disguises in rather serious places.

Idea: When teams ask for directions have them dressed like their destination. i.e. Wear swimsuits when asking for a beach, wear helmets when asking for a shooting range, wear flamenco dresses when asking for a show in Spain and so on.

I love when you balance, culture, intelligence, sightseeing, adventure, adrenalin, suspense & FUN!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 11:12:53 PM »
all i want to EMPHASISE is that the soundtrack you have been using in post UB is so bad and it makes me cringe and it doesnt add any excitement to the race. take some tips from the editors of TAR:can and TAR:aus - they know how its done