Author Topic: Rank the HD Seasons  (Read 1792 times)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Rank the HD Seasons
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 02:18:35 AM »
It really depends on what you look for in a season whether it be entertaining teams, great route, interesting tasks or decent winners. I don't 100% agree with anyone's ranking here, which makes me ask what aspects of the race makes a season more enjoyable for you?

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Still In Love With You~
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 02:33:27 AM »
It really depends on what you look for in a season whether it be entertaining teams, great route, interesting tasks or decent winners. I don't 100% agree with anyone's ranking here, which makes me ask what aspects of the race makes a season more enjoyable for you?

The cast is the most important thing, it made TAR21 (well the boot order is more to credit in TAR21 than anything else) bearable instead of ohmygodhorrid.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 03:03:06 AM »

The cast is the most important thing, it made TAR21 (well the boot order is more to credit in TAR21 than anything else) bearable instead of ohmygodhorrid.

This is also why TAR 24 is the worst season in HD so far. TAR24 might have some interesting task (Malaysia 2 Detour and some tasks in Sri Lanka IMO) but could not make up for the horrible cast (Threepeaters and many deserved teams are snubbed out), predictable boot order, and the horrible route (First 8 Legs only cover 4 countries, Western Europe overdose IMO, rumour Africa/Oceania leg cancelled.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:10:52 AM by 91zycn »
TAR 25: The best season since TAR 17 & TAR 18.
TAR AS3 or UB2 Potential Contestant:
Adam & Bethany (25), Misti & Jim (25), Kym & Alli (25), Brooke & Robbie (25), Shelly & Nici (25)

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 03:59:55 AM »

tar24 had approximately zero of these things so everyone should put it last pronto (what^^said)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • such stars <3
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 05:52:45 AM »

tar24 had approximately zero of these things so everyone should put it last pronto (what^^said)
TAR24 had some likeable teams but none of them made it far
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Hayley & Blair <333333
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:44 AM »
TAR25>TAR22>TAR18 are pretty much Top Tier seasons, then there would be a gap with TAR23>TAR20>TAR19, and then place 21>24 in some of the worst seasons ever.

Regarding TAR21 though, the cast was pretty solid (upon rewatch I liked almost everyone except the winners and the monster truckers as well as the first boots :lol:) but the legs overall and winner just left a really bad taste after the season aired. If they had a better winner (any of the entire final six tbh) and legs, the season could easily have been one of my favorite seasons ever. The only leg I fully remember was the Finale as well as the hot mess of Shanghai 1 <3 :lol:

I would definitely say that entertaining teams can't carry a season on their own, the same way a good route and tasks can't carry a good season (TAR Philippines Season 2 :res:).

I definitely think the best seasons are the ones that have a "little bit" of entertaining teams, great route, amazing tasks, a good (not necessarily the best team) winner, and a little bit extra added regarding a few of those factors.

I mean, TAR8 was a perfect example of that, and I don't even know why it's considered one of the "worst seasons ever". Sure they were only in the USA, but the cast was really good, we had decent winners, and for what it was worth, the US had some good tasks.
"I already told you
Trust and respect is what we do this for
I never intended to be next"

Ed Sheeran <3

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 06:43:05 AM »
I liked Shanghai as a premiere ngl

(You liked Gary & will gross)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The Queen Of Worlds Apart <3
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »
I mean, TAR8 was a perfect example of that, and I don't even know why it's considered one of the "worst seasons ever". Sure they were only in the USA, but the cast was really good, we had decent winners, and for what it was worth, the US had some good tasks.

I agree as I loved TAR 8 mainly because of the cast, but the tasks themselves in the US were not good and about 75% of them were linear so it's a big stretch to say the tasks were good

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 07:32:13 AM »
The tasks weren't good except for the New Orleans leg or whichever had prawns and Panama/Costa Rica

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Hayley & Blair <333333
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 08:32:39 AM »
I liked Shanghai as a premiere ngl

(You liked Gary & will gross)

Yeah I semi-did on rewatch, they weren't as bad :lol:

I agree as I loved TAR 8 mainly because of the cast, but the tasks themselves in the US were not good and about 75% of them were linear so it's a big stretch to say the tasks were good

hence the word some :P

I actually really liked Leg 2 to 3 [Civil War Detour and Shrimp Detour] as well as Panama/Costa Rica's entirety <3

Finale was also not bad <3
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:36:14 AM by gamerfan09 »
"I already told you
Trust and respect is what we do this for
I never intended to be next"

Ed Sheeran <3

Offline naejae91

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 02:55:36 PM »

Ranking HD Season:
1) TAR18, TAR23 (tie)
3) TAR20
4) TAR19, TAR21 (tie)
6) TAR22
7) TAR24 (Worst season I ever watched in HD  :gaah: , total bottom ranking)

Update:

(25>18) >>>>>> (19=22>21=23>20) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 24 (Worst season I ever watched in HD :gaah: , total bottom ranking)

BUMP

Update 2.0 upon re-watched the HD season during TAR off weeks.

(25>>>18) >>>>>> (19<<>>22 interchangeable) >>>>>> 23 >>>>>(*26 with only 4 legs) >>>>>> 20 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 21 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 24 (No doubt it was still the one of the worst season ever in TAR history. :lol: )

* Another update after the TAR 26 finished broadcasting.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:22:44 AM by naejae91 »
TAR 25: The best season since TAR 17 & TAR 18.
TAR AS3 or UB2 Potential Contestant:
Adam & Bethany (25), Misti & Jim (25), Kym & Alli (25), Brooke & Robbie (25), Shelly & Nici (25)

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Mike & Rochelle <3
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 01:27:25 PM »
1.) TAR 18
2.) TAR 25
3.) TAR 26 - With only 4 Legs, I've shocked myself that this is so high up my list!  :hoot:
4.) TAR 19
5.) TAR 21
6.) TAR 23
7.) TAR 22
8.) TAR 24
9.) TAR 20
..... The World is Waiting! .....

Custom Search