Author Topic: Survivor China Winner Todd Herzog Battling Severe Alcoholism  (Read 3225 times)

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Survivor China Winner Todd Herzog Battling Severe Alcoholism
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:58:12 AM »
Todd Herzog, winner of the 15th season of Survivor, has been struggling with alcoholism for awhile now, to the point where medical experts say he is one day from death.

With a blood-alcohol level of 0.582, a level typically for those under coma or even death, it is obvious that Todd desperately needs help. He would drink two to three liters of vodka every day, and said he needed to take shots of vodka in order to stop himself from shaking.

He appeared on the Dr. Phil show, where he had an intervention to get him to deal with his issue with alcohol right now. He is now under a 3-month treatment with support from his family, friends and fans, and hopefully everything is going to be okay for him going forward.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Vcj-wA9jaY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0Vcj-wA9jaY</a>

Survivor China was the first season I ever watched and Todd was my favorite. He is an awesome guy and it breaks my heart finding about this because he deserves a better life than what I've seen in the video and read from the news. Here's hoping he will succeed in his treatment and prove to everyone that he is not only an inspiring survivor in a game, but an inspiring survivor in life.  :)
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Survivor China Winner Todd Herzog Battling Severe Alcoholism
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 07:21:24 AM »
Watched this that day and didn't know where to post this so I gave up! Thanks for sharing, RSF. I wish for Todd to recover fully quickly as well and to be honest, return to play Survivor. He's one of those whom I really want to see play the game once more. :hrt:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
I happened to see this on the day it aired. I never watch this show but saw someone being helped to the stage and wondered what this was. I started watching about 20 minutes into the show so I didn't see the beginning which only makes it all the sadder.

Rewatching it again I had mixed emotions. On the one hand Todd truly needed an intervention and wasn't going to live much longer if he didn't get long lasting treatment. On the other hand, here is someone so sick he could literally die at any moment and he's transported to a TV station to be on a show where he was encouraged to go to a treatment facility. I kept thinking, he needed the intervention and should have been in treatment already without being on television. Maybe someone watching will find the incentive to go for help before he gets in such a sad condition.

I hope Todd stays in treatment and finds the courage to stop drinking and to live.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »
Watched this that day and didn't know where to post this so I gave up! Thanks for sharing, RSF. I wish for Todd to recover fully quickly as well and to be honest, return to play Survivor. He's one of those whom I really want to see play the game once more. :hrt:

Based on this latest story, and how well he did in Survivor China, I think he could be an easy pick. First things first: hoping he'll be okay going forward.  Pretty surprising stuff
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on